Say what? Ronald Reagan did WHAT?!

LMAO Hell. On his worst day I'd take Reagan as POTUS over that jackass Obama.

Why? Specifically, what is it you love so much about tripling the national debt on a corporate-welfare binge perpetuated by every president since?

1. what was the national debt when Reagan left office
2. what was the national debt when obama took office
3. what is the national debt today.

answer those 3 questions and then roll over and play dead, because you have lost this debate.

I will tell you about Reagan.

When Reagan took office, America had just been through Vietnam, Watergate, the disastrous Carter Administration, 444 days of the Iranian hostage crisis, the near nuclear meltdown of Three Mile Island, and was experiencing double digit inflation. Meanwhile, the Soviet Union had a death grip on Eastern Europe and had invaded Afghanistan.

America was completely, utterly, totally demoralized.

The Democratic Party had become the Blame America First party, which still echoes in that party to this day. So what frustrates me the most about the GOP today is the amount of bitching and whining I hear in the ranks which I have not heard since the 70s. And back then, it was the LEFT which was doing the bitching. It sickens me the GOP has become a bunch of titty babies.

Reagan told us he wanted America to be the shining city on the hill the world looked up to again. He truly believed we were the greatest country that ever existed.

And his belief made us that way again.

Reagan did not micromanage like Carter had. He had three or four priorities and made them his complete focus.

Most people do not know today the incredible courage it took for Reagan to stand by his beliefs about how to cure the horrible recession. He had people on all sides assailing him, even those in his own party. But he stuck to his guns, and he was proven correct. America's economy soared.

Reagan was not afraid of compromise. This is kept a secret from modern day people who allege themselves to be "conservatives". Reagan worked side by side with his archenemy Tip O'Neill to bring about huge tax reform and huge immigration reform.

Reagan cut taxes. Liberals like to point out Reagan raised taxes, but they miss the most important part. Reagan cut taxes deeply. Then he realized he had cut them too much, and raised them a little. But overall, he made more tax cuts than raises.

See, the big thing in that story is that Reagan admitted he screwed up, and he fixed it. You will never see a modern day "conservative" do that.

As for the Soviet Union, I was active duty during Reagan's entire Administration and I know first hand how Reagan helped to end the Soviet Union.

Reagan had balls. Huge balls of steel. He ramped up our defense posture in a big way. "Peace through strength."

This ramping up scared the bejeesus out of the obsequious lefties who felt we should suck the USSR's dick so as not to piss them off. There were protests all over Western Europer by the longhairs.

One of my favorite bands, Genesis, made a video called "Land of Confusion" which encapsulates the pants wetting of the liberals. The video portrayed Reagan as a guy who was going to get us all killed.

The libbies were wrong.

By esclating the arms race, Reagan broke the USSR's bank. They couldn't keep up.

You see, Reagan knew something. He knew the USSR's defense posture was all a huge sham. They were nowhere near the big badass they had the commie symps in the West believing they were.

Reagan had inside information to the contrary, and he had the balls to act on it.

So, yeah, Reagan spent money like crazy. Yes he did. But he did it to break the USSR. And it worked.

Myth: Carter ruined the economy; Reagan saved it.

Fact: The Federal Reserve Board was responsible for the events of the late 70s and 80s.

Because the Federal Reserve has the power to restore economic growth through its policies, right?

LMAO Hell. On his worst day I'd take Reagan as POTUS over that jackass Obama.

Why? Specifically, what is it you love so much about tripling the national debt on a corporate-welfare binge perpetuated by every president since?

1. what was the national debt when Reagan left office
2. what was the national debt when obama took office
3. what is the national debt today.

answer those 3 questions and then roll over and play dead, because you have lost this debate.

Are you seriously contending there is some relationship between the end of Reagan's terms and the middle of Obama's?

At least I understand my own loathing of Obama. You apparently have some pipedream that 1980s circumstances compare to today. That is hilarious.

And sort of pathetic. If my heirs were that stupid I'd marry a twenty-five year old and go for better results.

Last edited:
I will tell you about Reagan.

When Reagan took office, America had just been through Vietnam, Watergate, the disastrous Carter Administration, 444 days of the Iranian hostage crisis, the near nuclear meltdown of Three Mile Island, and was experiencing double digit inflation. Meanwhile, the Soviet Union had a death grip on Eastern Europe and had invaded Afghanistan.

America was completely, utterly, totally demoralized.

The Democratic Party had become the Blame America First party, which still echoes in that party to this day. So what frustrates me the most about the GOP today is the amount of bitching and whining I hear in the ranks which I have not heard since the 70s. And back then, it was the LEFT which was doing the bitching. It sickens me the GOP has become a bunch of titty babies.

Reagan told us he wanted America to be the shining city on the hill the world looked up to again. He truly believed we were the greatest country that ever existed.

And his belief made us that way again.

Reagan did not micromanage like Carter had. He had three or four priorities and made them his complete focus.

Most people do not know today the incredible courage it took for Reagan to stand by his beliefs about how to cure the horrible recession. He had people on all sides assailing him, even those in his own party. But he stuck to his guns, and he was proven correct. America's economy soared.

Reagan was not afraid of compromise. This is kept a secret from modern day people who allege themselves to be "conservatives". Reagan worked side by side with his archenemy Tip O'Neill to bring about huge tax reform and huge immigration reform.

Reagan cut taxes. Liberals like to point out Reagan raised taxes, but they miss the most important part. Reagan cut taxes deeply. Then he realized he had cut them too much, and raised them a little. But overall, he made more tax cuts than raises.

See, the big thing in that story is that Reagan admitted he screwed up, and he fixed it. You will never see a modern day "conservative" do that.

As for the Soviet Union, I was active duty during Reagan's entire Administration and I know first hand how Reagan helped to end the Soviet Union.

Reagan had balls. Huge balls of steel. He ramped up our defense posture in a big way. "Peace through strength."

This ramping up scared the bejeesus out of the obsequious lefties who felt we should suck the USSR's dick so as not to piss them off. There were protests all over Western Europer by the longhairs.

One of my favorite bands, Genesis, made a video called "Land of Confusion" which encapsulates the pants wetting of the liberals. The video portrayed Reagan as a guy who was going to get us all killed.

The libbies were wrong.

By esclating the arms race, Reagan broke the USSR's bank. They couldn't keep up.

You see, Reagan knew something. He knew the USSR's defense posture was all a huge sham. They were nowhere near the big badass they had the commie symps in the West believing they were.

Reagan had inside information to the contrary, and he had the balls to act on it.

So, yeah, Reagan spent money like crazy. Yes he did. But he did it to break the USSR. And it worked.

Myth: Carter ruined the economy; Reagan saved it.

Fact: The Federal Reserve Board was responsible for the events of the late 70s and 80s.
Because the Federal Reserve has the power to restore economic growth through its policies, right?
Why would you pretend that the answer as to how it was done did not followed?

Summary

To battle inflation,... Paul Volcker as Chairman of the Federal Reserve Board, who defeated it by putting the nation through an intentional recession. Once the threat of inflation abated in late 1982, Volcker cut interest rates and flooded the economy with money, fueling an expansion that lasted seven years. Neither Carter nor Reagan had much to do with the economic events that occurred during their terms.

Carter ruined the economy; Reagan saved it

Last edited:
The CSM recently featured a piece by Abdolhassan Bani-Sadr in which he casually indicates how Ronald Reagan may have committed treason.

?Argo? helps Iran?s dictatorship, harms democracy - CSMonitor.com

From the piece:

Ayatollah Khomeini and Ronald Reagan had organized a clandestine negotiation, later known as the “October Surprise,” which prevented the attempts by myself and then-US President Jimmy Carter to free the hostages before the 1980 US presidential election took place. The fact that they were not released tipped the results of the election in favor of Reagan.

That anti-conservative media must have missed this one, huh?

Look at Iran-Contra. He knowingly sold weapons to the world's leading terrorist nation when it was expressly prohibited by law. He did this while claiming to be fighting a war on terrorism. Carter, on the other hand, hated the Iranians, which is why they couldn't wait to get Reagan who was willing to funnel money and weapons to them.

The Reagan team had very deep relationships with Iran, who had a common enemy: Carter & his plan to undermine the terrorist/big-oil petroleum monopoly over global energy. the Reagan team was clearly negotiating with the Iranians to delay the release of the hostages in order to ensure Carter's defeat. The only people who don't know this are the small group of manipulated republicans who get their news from Hannity and Limbaugh.

Listen, Carter was determined to end the oil monopoly over energy. He wanted to build a "moonshot" around alternative energy and conservation to protect future generations from the $5 gallon. He was a threat to the big oil interests which helped fund the Reagan ascendancy. Carter reduced funding to Saudi Arabia and refused to do business with Iraq. He wanted us out of the Middle East. Reagan on the other increased funding of middle eastern terror states. This is why he removed Iraq/Hussein from the official congressional list of terrorist nations, so he could openly fund those animals. He did this to hedge is many bets in the region. And he flooded Saudi Arabia with money and weapons.

Study Iran-Contra for a small taste of Reagan's very deep alliance with petrol-terror states. It doesn't tell the whole story, but it shows that the Reagan administration was tied to Iran in shocking ways. Don't just go to Wikipedia, read the fucking congressional transcripts. It will blow your mind.

Last edited:
Poor poor Soviet Sympathizers

Reagan beat your home team.

tissues.jpg

"There is one sign the Soviets can make that would be unmistakable, that would advance dramatically the cause of freedom and peace.

General Secretary Gorbachev, if you seek peace, if you seek prosperity for the Soviet Union and Eastern Europe, if you seek liberalization: Come here to this gate.

Mr. Gorbachev, open this gate.

Mr. Gorbachev -- Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" -- Ronald Reagan June 12, 1987

Coincidentally, the Wall fell 2 years later, probably because of Gorby, amiright?

Is this the best you libs can come up with? Reagan is dead. Both Bushes are out of office.

How about talking about the incompetent inexperienced america-hater that you clowns put in the whitehouse in 08 and again in 12?

How about addressing his lies about Benghazi and the sequester? How about addressing the FACT that there are more people on foodstamps and in poverty now than when you put that fool in charge? How about talking about him running the debt from 9T to 17T in 4 years? It took 43 presidents to run it up to 9T and obozo has almost doubled it in 4 years.

Get over the Reagan and Bush bashing----they are history, just like Carter, Kennedy, FDR, and Johnson. Should we devote threads to how those democrats screwed up the country?

The left wants the whole Benghazi matter to go away, along with Fast and Furious, IRS targeting conservatives, DOJ spying on the media and Verizon customers and the disasterous Obamacare. So, true to form, they are changing the subject and attacking a Republican of the past who isn't around to defend himself. Anything but discuss the current scandals.

Gorby and Reagan were close friends. Gorby came to Reagan's funeral and gave a long hug to Nancy. Time Magazine elected him Man of the Decade because he was crucial to ending the Cold War and moving Russia into a new era. The neocons hated Reagan for this relationship, as the hardliners in the Soviet Union hated Gorby - so both had to talk tough and act like they were fighting to the bitter end . . . but it became very clear that they had grown very close, even during the final years of bankrupting their respective nations with a useless arms race.

The Cold War served both nations very well because it allowed hardliners in each nation to channel more money and power into their respective defense apparatuses. But it also gave each nation a national defense context for intervening in key global regions. We now get cheap labor and raw material from places like Vietnam and Grenada, so it's important to see the Cold War partially as a context for accumulating global assets and building the global market system. This is why it was a problem when Regan and Gorby chose to end this War which gave hawks in both nations so much power. And it's why the War on Terror became the needed post Cold War context for intervention in key regions - see the middle east and the world's most necessary raw material.

Make no mistake, behind the tough talk, Reagan and gorby were close friends and allies who used the Cold War to great political benefit. Gorby should be praised for doing the real work of unwinding the Cold War in his own country. That is why Time nominated him Man of the Decade.

2upqs1w.jpg

n5mp0h.jpg

2cek8ax.jpg

20570hh.jpg

Last edited:
The CSM recently featured a piece by Abdolhassan Bani-Sadr in which he casually indicates how Ronald Reagan may have committed treason.

From the piece:

Ayatollah Khomeini and Ronald Reagan had organized a clandestine negotiation, later known as the “October Surprise,” which prevented the attempts by myself and then-US President Jimmy Carter to free the hostages before the 1980 US presidential election took place. The fact that they were not released tipped the results of the election in favor of Reagan.

Look at Iran-Contra. He knowingly sold weapons to the world's leading terrorist nation when it was expressly prohibited by law. He did this while claiming to be fighting a war on terrorism. Carter, on the other hand, hated the Iranians, which is why they couldn't wait to get Reagan who was willing to funnel money and weapons to them.

The Reagan team had very deep relationships with Iran, who had a common enemy: Carter & his plan to undermine the terrorist/big-oil petroleum monopoly over global energy. the Reagan team was clearly negotiating with the Iranians to delay the release of the hostages in order to ensure Carter's defeat. The only people who don't know this are the small group of manipulated republicans who get their news from Hannity and Limbaugh.

Listen, Carter was determined to end the oil monopoly over energy. He wanted to build a "moonshot" around alternative energy and conservation to protect future generations from the $5 gallon. He was a threat to the big oil interests which helped fund the Reagan ascendancy. Carter reduced funding to Saudi Arabia and refused to do business with Iraq. He wanted us out of the Middle East. Reagan on the other increased funding of middle eastern terror states. This is why he removed Iraq/Hussein from the official congressional list of terrorist nations, so he could openly fund those animals. He did this to hedge is many bets in the region. And he flooded Saudi Arabia with money and weapons.

Study Iran-Contra for a small taste of Reagan's very deep alliance with petrol-terror states. It doesn't tell the whole story, but it shows that the Reagan administration was tied to Iran in shocking ways. Don't just go to Wikipedia, read the fucking congressional transcripts. It will blow your mind.

Cater is responsible for the Iranian regime we have today nutjob...what Reagan did he did to save American lives ...Get it genus? Take your stupid conspiracy theories to that room

From the piece:

you still believe this???? it was debunked a long time ago. Libtards, Carter lost because Reagan was awesome and Carter sucked ass......not because of this crap.

So Reagan a candidate could make deals that our President couldnt? I mean Carter loves to visit dictators and tell them what they want to hear, so why not then?

Wow, I knoew as soon as it involved IRan it was the October Suprise routine....liberals believe in that, they believe a youtube video caused Ben Ghazi, Jesus these people are easily manipulated.....nothing but leftwing robots with no original thought.

Jroc said:
Cater is responsible for the Iranian regime we have today nutjob...what Reagan did he did to save American lives ...Get it genus? Take your stupid conspiracy theories to that room

Reagan didn't give a hoot about American lives.If he did he would not have been part of the plot to sell or trade drugs for weapons... with a lot of those drugs ending up on American streets! Reagan was NOT for ALL Americans... His love of America was limited to rich Right Wing white males like himsel and the rest be damned!f

Last edited:

From the piece:

Bullshit.

Eisenhower's meddling with the internal affairs of a foreign nation are what made Iran what it is today.

Carter kept those hostages, alive.

What Reagan did was despicable and could have very well gotten them killed.

From the piece:

you still believe this???? it was debunked a long time ago. Libtards, Carter lost because Reagan was awesome and Carter sucked ass......not because of this crap.

So Reagan a candidate could make deals that our President couldnt? I mean Carter loves to visit dictators and tell them what they want to hear, so why not then?

Wow, I knoew as soon as it involved IRan it was the October Suprise routine....liberals believe in that, they believe a youtube video caused Ben Ghazi, Jesus these people are easily manipulated.....nothing but leftwing robots with no original thought.

It's never been "debunked". And Reagan's lying about a plethora of activities gives it even more credence.

Hostages were released with in the hour AFTER Reagan's inauguration.

You couldn't have a more clear indication that a deal was struck.

Bullshit.

Eisenhower's meddling with the internal affairs of a foreign nation are what made Iran what it is today.

You people live in an alternate universe...any Jimmy Cater lover isn't too bight

Bullshit.

You people live in an alternate universe...any Jimmy Cater lover isn't too bight

You could perhaps bring up historical facts to rebut my points.

Calling people "stupid" makes you look stupid.

The "American" Left has a vile, visceral reaction to Reagan for calling their Ideological Father an "Evil Empire" vowing to defeat them, then tossing them onto the ash heap of history.

Gorby: Liberals Man of the Decade

Treason not enough?

Funny..and it fell under the real live Constitutional Meaning of the word.

Reagan was a treasonous son of a bitch.

Reagan was a racist, sexist, treasonous son of a bitch

Yep! And-----and whoda thunk, Jelly Belly is a huge contributor to politicians who support Plutocratic rule?

And finally, New Rule: when Bob Dole, a guy so Republican his adult diaper has a flagpin (audience groaning laughter), when he says his party has become a bunch of idea-free ideologues who obstruct too much, people should listen. But they should also question his other statement that Ronald Reagan himself couldn't have made it today as a Republican.

This has become a kind of conventional wisdom, that the Republican Party has gone so far right, Reagan himself wouldn't fit in. But I'm here tonight to call bullshit on that. Ronald Reagan was an anti-government, union-busting, race-baiting, anti-abortion, anti-gay, anti-intellectual, who cut rich people's taxes in half, had an incurable case for the military-industrial complex, and said Medicare was socialism that would destroy our freedom. Sounds to me like he would fit in just fine. (audience applause)

ReaganRomney.jpg

You know, I get why Republicans worship Reagan, they're the religious party. Worship is in their DNA. They can't help it. They love him beyond logic. Last year, they tried to elect his haircut.

Forum List

Back