Say what? Ronald Reagan did WHAT?!

The CSM recently featured a piece by Abdolhassan Bani-Sadr in which he casually indicates how Ronald Reagan may have committed treason.

?Argo? helps Iran?s dictatorship, harms democracy - CSMonitor.com

From the piece:

Ayatollah Khomeini and Ronald Reagan had organized a clandestine negotiation, later known as the “October Surprise,” which prevented the attempts by myself and then-US President Jimmy Carter to free the hostages before the 1980 US presidential election took place. The fact that they were not released tipped the results of the election in favor of Reagan.

That anti-conservative media must have missed this one, huh?

This is stupid, kohemeini hated Jimmy, we all knew he was going to release them when he was out of office and Ronnie didnt even take the credit. He sent Jimmy to greet the Hostages when they were relaesed.

Hey man. You need a job? There is an opening at the local HS for a Revisionist Reagan Apologist Historian.

You might be fucking perfect.

Nah, I have a great job,, WTF? you talking about? I lived through it. I didnt watch Jhonny Carson after the nightly news, I watched American held hostage night after night on my 12" black and white t.v.

Now...I will grant you that if you measured Reagan using the same unwieldy and fluid yardstick the modern day "conservative" uses to measure Obama, they would have no choice but to vilify him. But, see, that yardstick they are using today does not actually measure Reagan or Obama. It measures just how far the GOP and the right wing have strayed from the Reagan legacy.

Last edited:
The CSM recently featured a piece by Abdolhassan Bani-Sadr in which he casually indicates how Ronald Reagan may have committed treason.

?Argo? helps Iran?s dictatorship, harms democracy - CSMonitor.com

From the piece:

Ayatollah Khomeini and Ronald Reagan had organized a clandestine negotiation, later known as the “October Surprise,” which prevented the attempts by myself and then-US President Jimmy Carter to free the hostages before the 1980 US presidential election took place. The fact that they were not released tipped the results of the election in favor of Reagan.

That anti-conservative media must have missed this one, huh?

Dems would believe Baghdad Bob if he talked bad about a Republican.

your stupid lone
White House History Classroom | Grades 9-12

After the inauguration, a Secret Service agent pushed through the crowd at the U.S. Capitol to tell former president Jimmy Carter that at 12:33 p.m. the first plane carrying the hostages had taken off from Tehran, and the second one had left nine minutes later. President Ronald Reagan got the word at an inaugural luncheon. It was the first official announcement he would make to the American people. The hostages, on the 444th day of their captivity, were set free. The republic rejoiced!

I will tell you about Reagan.

[sick, twisted bullshit deleted]

You said nothing about Reagan, but you said plenty about yourself.

He made you feel good for a few years and you're apparently too lost in a failed romance to realize heroin is cheaper and has done less damage to the nation.

Check the metrics. Check the unemployment rates, inflation rates, interest rates, GDP, tax rates, all of it.

Sorry your butt hurts, but Reagan was a great President and made America great again.

He did it with borrowed money. It doesn't take a lot of talent to borrow a boatload of money, give it to people who spend some on their friends and pretty soon halfwits think the borrower is somebody. That is what Reagan did, sport.

The problem is the diseased brains of halfwit white trash, people too congenitally stupid to do the math.

And one thing, I'm to your right, not your left. As a real fiscal conservative, someone with a clue about the effects of debt, halfwit white trash who claim to be conservative and praise Reagan make me want to puke.

Last edited:

He made you feel good for a few years and you're apparently too lost in a failed romance to realize heroin is cheaper and has done less damage to the nation.

Check the metrics. Check the unemployment rates, inflation rates, interest rates, GDP, tax rates, all of it.

Sorry your butt hurts, but Reagan was a great President and made America great again.

He did it with borrowed money. It doesn't take a lot of talent to borrow a boatload of money, give it to people who spend some on their friends and pretty soon halfwits think the borrower is somebody. That is what Reagan did, sport.

The problem is the diseased brains of halfwit white trash, people too congenitally stupid to do the math.

And one thing, I'm to your right, not your left. As a real fiscal conservative, someone with a clue about the effects of debt, halfwit white trash who claim to be conservative and praise Reagan make me want to puke.

Obama borrowed more money than Reagan ever spent. And Reagan's record is still better than his.
Looks like the ole Dem talking points let you down.

another one lone,. sorry to say my friend the only one that wants to change history is your ilk. They hated Jimmy and we all knew it.

Ronald Reagan and the Iran Hostage Crisis

And it’s quite likely, indeed, that the timing of the release was chosen by the Iranians to give the least possible amount of satisfaction and credit to the hated Jimmy Carter, who had given sanction to the Shah during his dying days.

your stupid lone

After the inauguration, a Secret Service agent pushed through the crowd at the U.S. Capitol to tell former president Jimmy Carter that at 12:33 p.m. the first plane carrying the hostages had taken off from Tehran, and the second one had left nine minutes later. President Ronald Reagan got the word at an inaugural luncheon. It was the first official announcement he would make to the American people. The hostages, on the 444th day of their captivity, were set free. The republic rejoiced!

you're

The deal was made, dummy. RR sold out.

Please stop embarrassing yourself.

Obama borrowed more money than Reagan ever spent. And Reagan's record is still better than his.

It tickled me your pal asking about "metrics" the 28yr old MBA's code for "I hope you don't understand this because I don't either..." Hilarious.

But I digress...

HGalfwits don't demonstrate much understanding of scale. Reagan tripled the national debt.

Obama is many trillions from doing that.

Halfwits are like children in that they can't get past literal amounts.

Clue1: the dollar was worth more in the 1980s.
Clue2: 3x is more than 1.n
Clue3: Next.

Debt to GDP is higher under Obama than it ever was under Reagan. There's your scale right there. And his results aren't nearly half of what Reagan accomplished.

Ka-Ching.

Kind of like what Obama does, dont you think?

Reagan didn't have any net positive results. ReagaNUTics was discredited in 2008.
It tickles me that white trash are in denial Clinton and Obama are just like the Icon except with different corporate sponsors.

Not to mention that debt to GDP isn't even in the same world as tripling the national debt.
It tickles me every time someone with zero understanding of scale tries to change the subject.

Last edited:

It tickled me your pal asking about "metrics" the 28yr old MBA's code for "I hope you don't understand this because I don't either..." Hilarious.

But I digress...

HGalfwits don't demonstrate much understanding of scale. Reagan tripled the national debt.

Obama is many trillions from doing that.

Halfwits are like children in that they can't get past literal amounts.

Clue1: the dollar was worth more in the 1980s.
Clue2: 3x is more than 1.n
Clue3: Next.

and Reagen destroyed the Soviet Union. He out spent them and star wars is a reality today... so whats your point?

The radical left used to dig up poor old Tricky Dick Nixon when they got in trouble but I guess Nixon and Obama are too much alike so they try Reagan. First of all Reagan was the former Gov. of Ca and a civilian with no political power when Carter screwed up the Iran crisis. Why would the Ayatollah even talk to Reagan much less negotiate with him? It should be noted that Kerry was much closer to treason when he met with the NVA during the VietNam war while he was still technically in the Navy.

your stupid lone

you're

The deal was made, dummy. RR sold out.

Please stop embarrassing yourself.

There was no deal, WTF flake. Do you understand how pissed off Iran was when Jimmy let in the Shah kid? you dont know shit about politics or honor....

He didnt make a secerte deal only idiots like you would believe it. Bet you think the twin towers came down by the Israels.....

anyways what fucking deal this one made by Jimmy? your as stupid as lone.

Ronald Reagan and the Iran Hostage Crisis
Under the terms of the accord, as the Algerian plane left Iranian air space, nearly $3 billion of Iranian assets that had been frozen by the United States were returned to Iran, and many more billions of dollars were made available for Iranian repayment of debts.

He didnt make a secerte deal only idiots like you would believe it. Bet you think the twin towers came down by the Israels.....

Man oh man....you are an iliterate fucker.

Iliterate maybee? but I know history more then you will ever fucking know.....I lived that shit when you were just a sperm in your daddys nut sack while he was riding around on his big wheel.... post links to try to out debate me, and please.....

Man oh man....you are an iliterate fucker.

Iliterate maybee? but I know history more then you will ever fucking know.....I lived that shit when you were just a sperm in your daddys nut sack while he was riding around on his big wheel.... post links to try to out debate me, and please.....

maybe
than
daddy's

Excellent points. I was born in 1964. I have a Bachelors degree in History and, unlike you, I can communicate in English above a fourth-grade level.

Now....what were you saying?

If you want a debate, you need to communicate better. You are borderline retarded.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back