Say what? Ronald Reagan did WHAT?!

Is that all you have to defend ronnie boy. A little off subject aren't we dimwit.
ronnie and the bushies should have been brought up on charges of treason.
Along with ollie boy north.

Liberals believe that calling the USSR an "Evil Empire" was treason

And what policies were those and how did they differ from every previous President?

He had the guts to call them out and inform the world about how the soviet citizens were being exploited by their govt. His policies encouraged the people in the soviet states to declare independence from the USSR.

I know that the Reagan haters like to rewrite history, but I lived it. They cannot rewrite my memory.

Far be it from me to say you're mis-remembering but you may be suffering/enjoying selective memory. Does your recall, (something Reagan claimed he didn't have) recall when Reagan went on national
TV and-----and from the Oval Office no less, begged for forgiveness from the nation for being a piss-poor manager. WOW, Reagan's excuse for being outta-da-loop on Iran-Contra was-was/is..., his own fucking incompetence. And yet-----and yet Reagan is a Republican hero. Republicans are a stuh-range collective.

"A few months ago I told the American people I did not trade arms for hostages. My heart and my best intentions still tell me that's true, but the facts and the evidence tell me it is not." ~ Ronald Reagan, March 4, 1987

That pretty well explains your world view. You obviously do not have the ability to comprehend complex subjects, and consequently, you derive simplistic conclusions based on preconceived ideological dogma.

Have you perhaps forgotten, or maybe missed, the fact that Admiral Poindexter testified, under oath, that he deliberately kept Reagan in the dark over Iran/contra?

It is absolutely amazing how much misinformation, half truths, and vague rumors, are part and parcel of left wing ideology. Much like the idea that Reagan conspired with Iran not to release the hostages. That was fully vetted at the time, and found to be a complete lie. Bush could not have been where the loons claimed he was, and the proof of that was solid. After the dumbass claim was discredited, the conspiracy loons came up with several other variations and they were also discredited.

But, today that claim lives on in the hearts of the misinformed lefties.

If this guy says so it must be true:lol: I'm sure the radical nutjobs couldn't wait for Reagan to become president:cuckoo:

A little weak in the area of modern history are you? It was ABC for the Iranians - Anyone But Carter. They hated him for taking in the Shah of Iran. The enemy of my enemy being my friend would make them Reagan supporters.

He had the guts to call them out and inform the world about how the soviet citizens were being exploited by their govt. His policies encouraged the people in the soviet states to declare independence from the USSR.

I know that the Reagan haters like to rewrite history, but I lived it. They cannot rewrite my memory.

Far be it from me to say you're mis-remembering but you may be suffering/enjoying selective memory. Does your recall, (something Reagan claimed he didn't have) recall when Reagan went on national
TV and-----and from the Oval Office no less, begged for forgiveness from the nation for being a piss-poor manager. WOW, Reagan's excuse for being outta-da-loop on Iran-Contra was-was/is..., his own fucking incompetence. And yet-----and yet Reagan is a Republican hero. Republicans are a stuh-range collective.

"A few months ago I told the American people I did not trade arms for hostages. My heart and my best intentions still tell me that's true, but the facts and the evidence tell me it is not." ~ Ronald Reagan, March 4, 1987

That pretty well explains your world view. You obviously do not have the ability to comprehend complex subjects, and consequently, you derive simplistic conclusions based on preconceived ideological dogma.

Have you perhaps forgotten, or maybe missed, the fact that Admiral Poindexter testified, under oath, that he deliberately kept Reagan in the dark over Iran/contra?

It is absolutely amazing how much misinformation, half truths, and vague rumors, are part and parcel of left wing ideology. Much like the idea that Reagan conspired with Iran not to release the hostages. That was fully vetted at the time, and found to be a complete lie. Bush could not have been where the loons claimed he was, and the proof of that was solid. After the dumbass claim was discredited, the conspiracy loons came up with several other variations and they were also discredited.

But, today that claim lives on in the hearts of the misinformed lefties.

You do realize that the releasing of the hostages from the embassy in Iran and "Arms for Hostages" or "Iran/Contra" are two different events, right?

The CSM recently featured a piece by Abdolhassan Bani-Sadr in which he casually indicates how Ronald Reagan may have committed treason.

?Argo? helps Iran?s dictatorship, harms democracy - CSMonitor.com

From the piece:

Ayatollah Khomeini and Ronald Reagan had organized a clandestine negotiation, later known as the “October Surprise,” which prevented the attempts by myself and then-US President Jimmy Carter to free the hostages before the 1980 US presidential election took place. The fact that they were not released tipped the results of the election in favor of Reagan.

That anti-conservative media must have missed this one, huh?

:bsflag:

There is a 0% chance that was true. Carter was destroying America and the nutters in Iran wouldn't have helped that man that was going to save us!

Well no.

Reagan is another gold standard for conservatives.

This illustrates, to a T, what true hypocrites you folks are..

so says you...big whoop
tissue or cheese?

A rare steak and a martini!

:eusa_drool:

I hope you are drinking the martini before the steak is plated. I suggest vodka, shaken and garnished with three large bleu-cheese filled olives.

With the steak.....go with a Sam Adams Ale.....or two.

And......hours later.....when you pass gas.......if you squeeze your left cheek just right, your fart will sound like........"ssssteeeeeeeephhhhhhhh"

The CSM recently featured a piece by Abdolhassan Bani-Sadr in which he casually indicates how Ronald Reagan may have committed treason.

From the piece:

Ayatollah Khomeini and Ronald Reagan had organized a clandestine negotiation, later known as the “October Surprise,” which prevented the attempts by myself and then-US President Jimmy Carter to free the hostages before the 1980 US presidential election took place. The fact that they were not released tipped the results of the election in favor of Reagan.

This is stupid, kohemeini hated Jimmy, we all knew he was going to release them when he was out of office and Ronnie didnt even take the credit. He sent Jimmy to greet the Hostages when they were relaesed.

From the piece:

American white trash won't care about what Reagan did. Reagan made them feel good. Facts stopped mattering in the 1980s.

Reagan was white trash heroin.

Their children seem to prefer oxycontin. Strange, but true.

From the piece:

This is stupid, kohemeini hated Jimmy, we all knew he was going to release them when he was out of office and Ronnie didnt even take the credit. He sent Jimmy to greet the Hostages when they were relaesed.

Hey man. You need a job? There is an opening at the local HS for a Revisionist Reagan Apologist Historian.

You might be fucking perfect.

I will tell you about Reagan.

When Reagan took office, America had just been through Vietnam, Watergate, the disastrous Carter Administration, 444 days of the Iranian hostage crisis, the near nuclear meltdown of Three Mile Island, and was experiencing double digit inflation. Meanwhile, the Soviet Union had a death grip on Eastern Europe and had invaded Afghanistan.

America was completely, utterly, totally demoralized.

The Democratic Party had become the Blame America First party, which still echoes in that party to this day. So what frustrates me the most about the GOP today is the amount of bitching and whining I hear in the ranks which I have not heard since the 70s. And back then, it was the LEFT which was doing the bitching. It sickens me the GOP has become a bunch of titty babies.

Reagan told us he wanted America to be the shining city on the hill the world looked up to again. He truly believed we were the greatest country that ever existed.

And his belief made us that way again.

Reagan did not micromanage like Carter had. He had three or four priorities and made them his complete focus.

Most people do not know today the incredible courage it took for Reagan to stand by his beliefs about how to cure the horrible recession. He had people on all sides assailing him, even those in his own party. But he stuck to his guns, and he was proven correct. America's economy soared.

Reagan was not afraid of compromise. This is kept a secret from modern day people who allege themselves to be "conservatives". Reagan worked side by side with his archenemy Tip O'Neill to bring about huge tax reform and huge immigration reform.

Reagan cut taxes. Liberals like to point out Reagan raised taxes, but they miss the most important part. Reagan cut taxes deeply. Then he realized he had cut them too much, and raised them a little. But overall, he made more tax cuts than raises.

See, the big thing in that story is that Reagan admitted he screwed up, and he fixed it. You will never see a modern day "conservative" do that.

As for the Soviet Union, I was active duty during Reagan's entire Administration and I know first hand how Reagan helped to end the Soviet Union.

Reagan had balls. Huge balls of steel. He ramped up our defense posture in a big way. "Peace through strength."

This ramping up scared the bejeesus out of the obsequious lefties who felt we should suck the USSR's dick so as not to piss them off. There were protests all over Western Europer by the longhairs.

One of my favorite bands, Genesis, made a video called "Land of Confusion" which encapsulates the pants wetting of the liberals. The video portrayed Reagan as a guy who was going to get us all killed.

The libbies were wrong.

By esclating the arms race, Reagan broke the USSR's bank. They couldn't keep up.

You see, Reagan knew something. He knew the USSR's defense posture was all a huge sham. They were nowhere near the big badass they had the commie symps in the West believing they were.

Reagan had inside information to the contrary, and he had the balls to act on it.

So, yeah, Reagan spent money like crazy. Yes he did. But he did it to break the USSR. And it worked.

Last edited:

[sick, twisted bullshit deleted]

You said nothing about Reagan, but you said plenty about yourself.

He made you feel good for a few years and you're apparently too lost in a failed romance to realize heroin is cheaper and has done less damage to the nation.

[sick, twisted bullshit deleted]

You said nothing about Reagan, but you said plenty about yourself.

He made you feel good for a few years and you're apparently too lost in a failed romance to realize heroin is cheaper and has done less damage to the nation.

Check the metrics. Check the unemployment rates, inflation rates, interest rates, GDP, tax rates, all of it.

Sorry your butt hurts, but Reagan was a great President and made America great again.

Forum List

Back