Say what? Ronald Reagan did WHAT?!

Thats not entirely true, but if you get to say that then do not bitch and moan when progressives on here say Obama took out Bin Laden. In both instances it was not one man who did anything.

true, let me correct myself. Reagan's policies brought down the soviet union and Bush's policies took out Bin Laden, all obama did was give the ok to do it.

And what policies were those and how did they differ from every previous President?

He had the guts to call them out and inform the world about how the soviet citizens were being exploited by their govt. His policies encouraged the people in the soviet states to declare independence from the USSR.

I know that the Reagan haters like to rewrite history, but I lived it. They cannot rewrite my memory.

Remember when Gorby called the USSR an "Evil Empire" and challenged Reagan to tear down the Berlin Wall?

true, let me correct myself. Reagan's policies brought down the soviet union and Bush's policies took out Bin Laden, all obama did was give the ok to do it.

And what policies were those and how did they differ from every previous President?

He had the guts to call them out and inform the world about how the soviet citizens were being exploited by their govt. His policies encouraged the people in the soviet states to declare independence from the USSR.

I know that the Reagan haters like to rewrite history, but I lived it. They cannot rewrite my memory.

See, the beauty of Progressive education is that "truth" is whatever their leadership says it is, and the Progs never question it.

Liberals believe that calling the USSR an "Evil Empire" was treason

Not Treason, but very dumb and tatamount to calling someone on the playground a stupid-head.

like it or not, Reagan brought down the soviet union.
Please!!!!

That's like some dude jumping-in-front-of a speeding freight-train....and, trying to convince everyone he'd willed the train to hit him!!!

The Soviet Union collapsed.....

The rest of the world were in the dark about how Soviet Citizens were being treated????:eek: Have you viewed western propoganda films of the 50's, 60's, and 70's. "They cannot rewrite my memory.", classic.:razz::razz::razz:

Not Treason, but very dumb and tatamount to calling someone on the playground a stupid-head.

like it or not, Reagan brought down the soviet union.
Please!!!!

That's like some dude jumping-in-front-of a speeding freight-train....and, trying to convince everyone he'd willed the train to hit him!!!

The Soviet Union collapsed.....

this is my last reply to your juvenile large font colored posts. post like an adult or go away. you are wasting space.

"like it or not, Reagan brought down the soviet union."

Like it or not, anyone who really thinks this has an extraordinary imagination.

I remember Ronnie's epoch quite well. Loved his voice. That was about all he had going for him. Corrupt administration, embarrassing foreign policy, huge military mistake in Lebanon, support of terrorists in Nicaragua, illegal arms deal(s)....

Yeah, I remember and no willful imaginings will change that.

Last edited:

The rest of the world were in the dark about how Soviet Citizens were being treated????:eek: Have you viewed western propoganda films of the 50's, 60's, and 70's. "They cannot rewrite my memory.", classic.:razz::razz::razz:

I was there. I was doing business in Georgia (USSR, not USA). I know what happened.

Yes, there was propaganda, but the people finally got fed up with Moscow running their lives.

you know nothing but what the western media has rammed up your butt.

Obama's parents loved them

The only thing Reagan's policies defeated was the United States Middle Class.

I remember Ronnie's epic quite well. Loved his voice. That was about all he had going for him. Corrupt administration, embarrassing foreign policy, huge military mistake in Lebanon, support of terrorists in Nicaragua, illegal arms deal(s)....

your view of history is interesting. wrong, but interesting.

Reagan was far from perfect. But he was a good president in many ways.

Now, can we discuss the current president and how his policies are destroying our economy and our culture?

The CSM recently featured a piece by Abdolhassan Bani-Sadr in which he casually indicates how Ronald Reagan may have committed treason.

?Argo? helps Iran?s dictatorship, harms democracy - CSMonitor.com

From the piece:

Ayatollah Khomeini and Ronald Reagan had organized a clandestine negotiation, later known as the “October Surprise,” which prevented the attempts by myself and then-US President Jimmy Carter to free the hostages before the 1980 US presidential election took place. The fact that they were not released tipped the results of the election in favor of Reagan.

That anti-conservative media must have missed this one, huh?

The author almost seems to be making an allegation that "Argo" is a deliberate piece of CIA propaganda, made with the connivance and at the direction of the Obama administration, for the sole purpose of swaying public opinion toward war with Iran. I think that's a bit of a stretch and that it rivals even the best of the Nutter right's Obama conspiracy theories. One more log to throw on the tin-foil fire?

Banisadr is a man with an axe to grind with the current regime in Iran. He was deposed and fled the country because he organized a revolt against the Ayatollah's. He lives now in France, heavily guarded by French police for his own safety.

Given that, what's his point for writing this article? While y'all are focused on his once again claiming collusion between the Reagan administration and Khomeini, something he's been saying off and on since about 1991, I think you're missing the larger point and, consequently, missing what he's trying to do.

I personally think the whole purpose of this article is to embarrass the current Iranian government by linking them to the very people who are threatening to bomb them over their nuclear program. In the current atmosphere, the United States is seen by many in Iran as a threat, an impression fostered by their government, but if Banisadr can succeed in convincing the Iranian people that they're being played by their government and the American's, he might have a chance to organize an opposition movement with the goal of restoring himself to power.

This article is more about internal, Iranian politics than it is about Ronald Reagan.

I remember Ronnie's epic quite well. Loved his voice. That was about all he had going for him. Corrupt administration, embarrassing foreign policy, huge military mistake in Lebanon, support of terrorists in Nicaragua, illegal arms deal(s)....

your view of history is interesting. wrong, but interesting.

Reagan was far from perfect. But he was a good president in many ways.

Now, can we discuss the current president and how his policies are destroying our economy and our culture?

Go ahead and discuss him. You won't find me defending him, didn't vote for him, don't like Republican or Democratic parties.

So, fire away, but my opinion of Ray Gun won't change.

Far be it from me to say you're mis-remembering but you may be suffering/enjoying selective memory. Does your recall, (something Reagan claimed he didn't have) recall when Reagan went on national
TV and-----and from the Oval Office no less, begged for forgiveness from the nation for being a piss-poor manager. WOW, Reagan's excuse for being outta-da-loop on Iran-Contra was-was/is..., his own fucking incompetence. And yet-----and yet Reagan is a Republican hero. Republicans are a stuh-range collective.

"A few months ago I told the American people I did not trade arms for hostages. My heart and my best intentions still tell me that's true, but the facts and the evidence tell me it is not." ~ Ronald Reagan, March 4, 1987

good gawd, dragging out a three month thread..

some people are really pathetic

I remember Ronnie's epoch quite well. Loved his voice. That was about all he had going for him. Corrupt administration, embarrassing foreign policy, huge military mistake in Lebanon, support of terrorists in Nicaragua, illegal arms deal(s)....

Don't forget his Administrations policy allowing the Contra Terrorist to import huge amounts of cocaine into the country. So much in fact the mob dealers had to invent a new cheaper product to sell. It was called "Crack". Which really was just Free-Base-Cocaine, only a lot cheaper.

we know, gotta take your mind of the Dear leader and his fall from hero statues..so what better way then to drag out three month old thread on Reagan

sad people

Don't forget his Administrations policy allowing the Contra Terrorist to import huge amounts of cocaine into the country. So much in fact the mob dealers had to invent a new cheaper product to sell. It was called "Crack". Which really was just Free-Base-Cocaine, only a lot cheaper.

They were terrible years. We hated ourselves and were ashamed. You couldn't find a job or get into college. You were lucky to get drafted and sent to war. (-:

Forum List

Back