Say what? Ronald Reagan did WHAT?!

Man oh man....you are an iliterate fucker.

Iliterate maybee? but I know history more then you will ever fucking know.....I lived that shit when you were just a sperm in your daddys nut sack while he was riding around on his big wheel.... post links to try to out debate me, and please.....

Excellent points. I was born in 1964. I have a Bachelors degree in History and, unlike you, I can communicate in English above a fourth-grade level.

Now....what were you saying?

If you want a debate, you need to communicate better. You are borderline retarded.

I had no idea Korvette's handed out diplomas.

Iliterate maybee? but I know history more then you will ever fucking know.....I lived that shit when you were just a sperm in your daddys nut sack while he was riding around on his big wheel.... post links to try to out debate me, and please.....

Excellent points. I was born in 1964. I have a Bachelors degree in History and, unlike you, I can communicate in English above a fourth-grade level.

If you want a debate, you need to communicate better. You are borderline retarded.

Korvette's? Is that supposed to be a reference that hits home?

He didnt make a secerte deal only idiots like you would believe it. Bet you think the twin towers came down by the Israels.....

Hmmmm...very defensive.

He didnt make a secerte deal only idiots like you would believe it. Bet you think the twin towers came down by the Israels.....

If you were an conscious adult in 1980....then you knew something wasn't quite....kosher...about the hostages being released right after Reagan was sworn in. This is not new.

maybe
than
daddy's

Lmao...you were not born in 1964, if you have a history degree. If I were yyou I would ask for my money back, what a tard.....

The CSM recently featured a piece by Abdolhassan Bani-Sadr in which he casually indicates how Ronald Reagan may have committed treason.

?Argo? helps Iran?s dictatorship, harms democracy - CSMonitor.com

From the piece:

Ayatollah Khomeini and Ronald Reagan had organized a clandestine negotiation, later known as the “October Surprise,” which prevented the attempts by myself and then-US President Jimmy Carter to free the hostages before the 1980 US presidential election took place. The fact that they were not released tipped the results of the election in favor of Reagan.

That anti-conservative media must have missed this one, huh?

It's amazing what Liberals will believe!

1. "October has always been an interesting time of year where it comes to politics. We even have an entrenched term for the shenanigans of tenth month, the October Surprise. Perhaps the most famous was an amusing fairy tale put forward by a fellow named Gary Sick. Gary actually was able to make an entire of book of his bizarre theory. But there again Lewis Carroll also wrote a rather long fantasy called Alice in Wonderland that was about as outlandish. Sick claimed that during the 1980 Presidential race, the nefarious and crafty Ronald Reagan sent his running mate, George H. W. Bush, on a secret mission on a U-2 Spy plane to go arrange the release of the US Embassy staff the Iranians were holding to help Reagan win the 1980 election.

2. Years later this ridiculous theory of Bush flying to Iran was put forward by Mr. Sick and the liberal media embraced it with great enthusiasm. Former Speaker of the House Thomas Foley even called for hearings, stating that even though there was not a shred of evidence, the seriousness of the charge warranted investigation. Imagine if we had that standard today.
http://www.thecincinnatusstandard.com/tim_inwood_october-surprises.html

Want more?

3. "Under Carter, Americans were permitted to put gas in their cars only on alternate days, based on whether the last number of their license plates wan an even or odd number. The price of oil had risen 154% since the beginning of Carter’s presidency.

With all that going for them- plus that old Mondale magic- Democrats were dumbstruck that they lost the 1980 election. (Nor could they understand why gas prices, inflation and interest rates shot down and the nation enjoyed peace and prosperity soon after Reagan became president.) Naturally liberals asked themselves” What other than a dirty trick could explain Carter’s loss?

The Left’s theory was that in October, one month before the 1980 presidential election, members of Reagan’s campaign clandestinely met with representatives of the Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini and offered to sell him weapons in exchange for his promise not to release the hostages before the election. By delaying the release of the hostages, the theory went, Reagan would deprive Carter of a triumphant victory on the eve of the vote.

In other words, liberals believed the Islamofascist cutthroats who had been toying with Carter like a cat with a ball of yarn for the past year wanted Carter replaced by someone stronger, like Reagan.

But it seemed like a perfectly plausible theory to the editorial board of the New York Times.”
Coulter, “Demonic,” p. 84-85

maybe
than
daddy's

Lmao...you were not born in 1964, if you have a history degree. If I were yyou I would ask for my money back, what a tard.....

I was not born in 1964? Really? You are amazing. When was I born?

Korvette's? Is that supposed to be a reference that hits home?

Only if you were born in 1964.

maybe
than
daddy's

What is it about being born in 1964 that would prohibit him from having a History Degree?

maybe
than
daddy's

What is it about being born in 1964 that would prohibit him from having a History Degree?

His stupidity?

maybe
than
daddy's

Your mistake is assuming that this illiterate dummy understands punctuation. He meant to put a period after 1964 and a comma after degree. But...he is mildly retarded. It is understandable.

The CSM recently featured a piece by Abdolhassan Bani-Sadr in which he casually indicates how Ronald Reagan may have committed treason.

From the piece:

Ayatollah Khomeini and Ronald Reagan had organized a clandestine negotiation, later known as the “October Surprise,” which prevented the attempts by myself and then-US President Jimmy Carter to free the hostages before the 1980 US presidential election took place. The fact that they were not released tipped the results of the election in favor of Reagan.

This was assumed to be true shortly after the hostages were released. It all seemed just too convenient. Yes, I believe Reagan clearly committed treason on a couple levels.

From the piece:

This was assumed to be true shortly after the hostages were released. It all seemed just too convenient. Yes, I believe Reagan clearly committed treason on a couple levels.

You also believe that Gore won the 2000 election, that we went to war in Iraq because Bush lied about WMD, that the deficit is high because the wars were off balance sheet, and that we are in a recovery. Doubltess you also believe that Elvis and Jim Morrison are hanging out somewhere together.

From the piece:

Reagan himself acknowledged people in his administration committed treason when he begged forgiveness from the Oval Office on March 4, 1987. Reagan CYA'd but threw the rest of his Iran-Contra team under the bus.

Maybe-----maybe Reagan committed treason or maybe Reagan was just the titular Republican boob du jour, guilty of nothing more than a lazy management style but-----but what we know for sure is;

"By the end of his term, 138 Reagan administration officials had been convicted, had been indicted, or had been the subject of official investigations for official misconduct and/or criminal violations. In terms of number of officials involved, the record of his administration was the worst ever."

1. Lyn Nofziger--White House Press Secretary - Convicted on charges of illegal lobbying of White House in Wedtech scandal. The lobbying would not have been illegal had he not been White House Press Secretary.

2. Michael Deaver, Reagan's Chief of Staff, received three years' probation and was fined one hundred thousand dollars after being convicted for lying to a congressional subcommittee and a federal grand jury about his lobbying activities after leaving the White House. Same as with Lyn Nofziger.

3. James Watt, Reagan's Secretary of the Interior was indicted on 41 felony counts for using connections at the Department of Housing and Urban Development to help his private clients seek federal funds for housing projects in Maryland, New Jersey, Massachusetts, Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands. Watt conceded that he had received $500,000 from clients who were granted very favorable housing contracts after he had intervened on their behalf. Watt was eventually sentenced to five years in prison and 500 hours of community service.

4. John Poindexter, Reagan's national security advisor, guilty of five criminal counts involving conspiracy to mislead Congress, obstructing congressional inquiries, lying to lawmakers, used "high national security" to mask deceit and wrong-doing...

5. Richard Secord pleaded guilty to a felony charge of lying to Congress over Iran-Contra. Appointed by William Casey to assist Oliver North.

6. Elliott Abrams was appointed by President Reagan in 1985 to head the State Department's Latin American Bureau. He was closely linked with ex-White House aide Lt. Col. Oliver North's covert movement to aid the Contras. Working for North, Abrams coordinated inter-agency support for the contras and helped solicit illegal funding from foreign powers as well as domestic contributors. Abrams agreed to cooperate with Iran-Contra investigators and pled guilty to two charges reduced to misdemeanors. He was sentenced in 1991 to two years probation and 100 hours of community service but was pardoned by President George Bush...

7. Robert C. McFarlane, Reagan's National Security Advisor, pled guilty to four misdemeanors and was sentenced to two years probation and 200 hours of community service. He was also fined $20,000. He received a blanket pardon from President George Bush...

8. Alan D. Fiers was the Chief of the Central Intelligence Agency's Central American Task Force. Fiers pled guilty in 1991 to two counts of withholding information from congress about Oliver North's activities and the diversion of Iran arms sale money to aid the Contras. He was sentenced to one year of probation and 100 hours of community service. Alan Fiers received a blanket pardon for his crimes from President Bush...

1. <LI value=9> Thomas G. Clines: convicted of four counts of tax-related offenses for failing to report income from the operations;

<LI value=10> Carl R. Channel - Office of Public Diplomacy , partner in International Business- first person convicted in the Iran/Contra scandal, pleaded guilty of one count of defrauding the United States

<LI value=11>Richard R. Miller - Partner with Oliver North in IBC, a Office of Public Diplomacy front group, convicted of conspiracy to defraud the United States.
  2. Frank Gomez
13.. Donald Fortier

1. <LI value=14>Clair George was Chief of the CIA's Division of Covert Operations under President Reagan. George was convicted of lying to two congressional committees in 1986. George faced a maximum five year federal prison sentence and a $20,000 fine for each of the two convictions. Jurors cleared George of five other charges including two counts of lying to a federal grand jury. Clair George received a blanket pardon for his crimes from President George Bush...

<LI value=15>Rita Lavelle was indicted, tried and convicted of lying to Congress and served three months of a six-month prison sentence.

<LI value=16>Philip Winn - Assistant HUD Secretary. Pleaded guilty to one count of scheming to give illegal gratuities.

<LI value=17>Thomas Demery - Assistand HUD Secretary - pleaded guilty to steering HUD subsidies to politically connected donors.

<LI value=18>Deborah Gore Dean - executive assistant to Samuel Pierce - indicted on thirteen counts, three counts of conspiracy, one count of accepting an illegal gratuity, four counts of perjury, and five counts of concealing articles. She was convicted on twelve accounts. She appealed and prevailed on several accounts but the convictions for conspiracy remained.

<LI value=19>Catalina Villaponda - Former US Treasurer

<LI value=20>Joseph A. Strauss - Accepting kickbacks from developers
  2. Oliver North - He was indicted on sixteen felony counts and on May 4, 1989, he was convicted of three: accepting an illegal gratuity, aiding and abetting in the obstruction of a congressional inquiry, and destruction of documents (by his secretary, Fawn Hall, on his instructions). He was sentenced by U.S. District Judge Gerhard A. Gesell on July 5, 1989, to a three-year suspended prison term, two years probation, $150,000 in fines, and 1,200 hours community service. His conviction was later overturned
And-----and if it hadn't been for Bush 41's pardons we would have had an actual trial that no doubt would have exposed additional criminal activity -- Republicans must be so proud?

I will tell you about Reagan.

When Reagan took office, America had just been through Vietnam, Watergate, the disastrous Carter Administration, 444 days of the Iranian hostage crisis, the near nuclear meltdown of Three Mile Island, and was experiencing double digit inflation. Meanwhile, the Soviet Union had a death grip on Eastern Europe and had invaded Afghanistan.

America was completely, utterly, totally demoralized.

The Democratic Party had become the Blame America First party, which still echoes in that party to this day. So what frustrates me the most about the GOP today is the amount of bitching and whining I hear in the ranks which I have not heard since the 70s. And back then, it was the LEFT which was doing the bitching. It sickens me the GOP has become a bunch of titty babies.

Reagan told us he wanted America to be the shining city on the hill the world looked up to again. He truly believed we were the greatest country that ever existed.

And his belief made us that way again.

Reagan did not micromanage like Carter had. He had three or four priorities and made them his complete focus.

Most people do not know today the incredible courage it took for Reagan to stand by his beliefs about how to cure the horrible recession. He had people on all sides assailing him, even those in his own party. But he stuck to his guns, and he was proven correct. America's economy soared.

Reagan was not afraid of compromise. This is kept a secret from modern day people who allege themselves to be "conservatives". Reagan worked side by side with his archenemy Tip O'Neill to bring about huge tax reform and huge immigration reform.

Reagan cut taxes. Liberals like to point out Reagan raised taxes, but they miss the most important part. Reagan cut taxes deeply. Then he realized he had cut them too much, and raised them a little. But overall, he made more tax cuts than raises.

See, the big thing in that story is that Reagan admitted he screwed up, and he fixed it. You will never see a modern day "conservative" do that.

As for the Soviet Union, I was active duty during Reagan's entire Administration and I know first hand how Reagan helped to end the Soviet Union.

Reagan had balls. Huge balls of steel. He ramped up our defense posture in a big way. "Peace through strength."

This ramping up scared the bejeesus out of the obsequious lefties who felt we should suck the USSR's dick so as not to piss them off. There were protests all over Western Europer by the longhairs.

One of my favorite bands, Genesis, made a video called "Land of Confusion" which encapsulates the pants wetting of the liberals. The video portrayed Reagan as a guy who was going to get us all killed.

The libbies were wrong.

By esclating the arms race, Reagan broke the USSR's bank. They couldn't keep up.

You see, Reagan knew something. He knew the USSR's defense posture was all a huge sham. They were nowhere near the big badass they had the commie symps in the West believing they were.

Reagan had inside information to the contrary, and he had the balls to act on it.

So, yeah, Reagan spent money like crazy. Yes he did. But he did it to break the USSR. And it worked.

Myth: Carter ruined the economy; Reagan saved it.

Fact: The Federal Reserve Board was responsible for the events of the late 70s and 80s.

Summary

Carter cannot be blamed for the double-digit inflation that peaked on his watch, because inflation started growing in 1965 and snowballed for the next 15 years. To battle inflation, Carter appointed Paul Volcker as Chairman of the Federal Reserve Board, who defeated it by putting the nation through an intentional recession. Once the threat of inflation abated in late 1982, Volcker cut interest rates and flooded the economy with money, fueling an expansion that lasted seven years. Neither Carter nor Reagan had much to do with the economic events that occurred during their terms.

Carter ruined the economy; Reagan saved it

Reagan did not protect the U.S. oil and gas drilling and exploration industry. And like a good drug dealer OPEC forced prices down until that industry was hamstrung and then began jacking up the prices. Carter was correct in trying to move us towards energy independence.

Gregory Peck won an Acadamy Award for playing a small town lawyer in, "To Kill a Mockingbird".

I think that Ronnie should have won an Oscar for his portrayal of the President of the United States. I don't think that Peck could have pulled it off as well as Ronnie.

Last edited:
LMAO Hell. On his worst day I'd take Reagan as POTUS over that jackass Obama.

Last edited:
LMAO Hell. On his worst day I'd take Reagan as POTUS over that jackass Obama.

Why? Specifically, what is it you love so much about tripling the national debt on a corporate-welfare binge perpetuated by every president since?

Forum List

Back