Scalia question

Can Republican's prevent Obama from making new appointment? I think appointment should be made by the new President. Obama lame duck, USSC lifetime position, so if new Justice is say 46 years old to 50 years old, he or she can be on bench for 30 years or even 40 years. Obama choose Leftist of course, so your First and Second Amendments might be at risk.

The new President should make this appointment IMHO.

I disagree, Obama has every right to pick a new Justice, and the Senate should give that person serious consideration.

sillie me....isnt obama still our president? so he should be doing the presidential duties....

Why? He hasn't done them yet, in seven years.
One of his duties is to appoint a nominee to the Supreme Court let him do his job
No President has nominated a SCJ in that President's last year in office in 80 years.
Who claimed "elections have consequences"? Was 'Bonobo' not speaking of the ELECTED members of Congress and the Senate?
'Bonobo' is free to nominate fucking Daffy Duck.
One thing is a certainty. The Senate ain't going on no vacation this year.
McConnell is a fucking wimp. There's no doubt. BUT he's smart enough to know there is no way in hell the Senate will EVER allow one of Bonobo's 'fisting buddies' onto the SC.
The DEMs are basically well and truly fucked.
No chance in hell Sanders gets the nomination. When that doesn't happen 95% of his supporters are going to say "FUCK IT THE GAME IS RIGGED!". No way in hell will they then vote for the old bitch Clinton. They will stay home handing the election to TRUMP.
President Trump will nominate someone young who is a Ultra-Conservative just to rub it in the DEM's/Clinton's faces.
Then in his first term he will be able to nominate likely another 2-3 ultra-Conservatives to the SC.
Trump to SC nominee: "How do you feel about building a fucking fence along the entire Mexican border and putting a trade tariff on everything Mexico sends to the US to pay for the fence? How do you feel about shutting down 100% on muslims entering the US until they are thoroughly vetted? Welcome to the SC pal".

sillie me....isnt obama still our president? so he should be doing the presidential duties....

One of his duties is to appoint a nominee to the Supreme Court let him do his job

One of the duties of the current Senate majority is to block Obama at every turn. That's why they were put in there. That's what their constituents expect.

They have not done a good job of it. Here's their chance to redeem themselves.

One of the duties of the current Senate majority is to block Obama at every turn. That's why they were put in there. That's what their constituents expect.

The voters who put the REP Senators into office are going to be watching what the REP Senate does. There's zero chance any REP Senator will basically commit political suicide by supporting ANY Obama nominee.
The Senators will stay 'in session' 24/7 until after Trump's inauguration next January.
They don't trust Obama and the DNC any farther than they could throw Reggie Love.
As Obama becomes more desperate members of the Senate are going to have to literally 'camp-out' in the Senate floor.
If they don't literally have a Senator physically in the Senate 24/7 Obama will order the Senate floor "Closed For Renovations". Then he'll pounce! and declare his nomination to the SC legal.
Yes I know this is all too wacko to actually happen BUT we can expect the pretty fucking dirty, cynical, illegal maneuvering from Obama and the DNC.

The voters who put the REP Senators into office are going to be watching what the REP Senate does. There's zero chance any REP Senator will basically commit political suicide by supporting ANY Obama nominee.
The Senators will stay 'in session' 24/7 until after Trump's inauguration next January.
They don't trust Obama and the DNC any farther than they could throw Reggie Love.
As Obama becomes more desperate members of the Senate are going to have to literally 'camp-out' in the Senate floor.
If they don't literally have a Senator physically in the Senate 24/7 Obama will order the Senate floor "Closed For Renovations". Then he'll pounce! and declare his nomination to the SC legal.
Yes I know this is all too wacko to actually happen BUT we can expect the pretty fucking dirty, cynical, illegal maneuvering from Obama and the DNC.

Yup. All the Republicans have to do for the remainder of the year is keep the office open and sit on their hands. Easy.

This is the sort of crap that has screwed the American people at every turn.

If you disagree with a specific thing Obama has done, I respect that. I don't care for much of what he has done.

But this idea that every action must be opposed, regardless of whether it is good for the people or not, is insanity.

Can Republican's prevent Obama from making new appointment?

Yes. GOP controls the senate so if they choose not to hold confirmation hearings, then obozo's nomination goes nowhere.

That works fine. Having the GOP controlled senate refuse to approve Obama's appointee is fine.

But this nonsense about Obama not appointing a replacement for Scalia is simply ignorant, childish and unconstitutional.

Can Republican's prevent Obama from making new appointment? I think appointment should be made by the new President. Obama lame duck, USSC lifetime position, so if new Justice is say 46 years old to 50 years old, he or she can be on bench for 30 years or even 40 years. Obama choose Leftist of course, so your First and Second Amendments might be at risk.

A president is elected for 48 months not 37

Yup. Karma has a bigger dick than 'Mo's'.
Look for some 'Jim Jones' action in the DNC offices when Obama couldn't get a fucking radical LIB onto the SC.
Pretty much sums up the abject failure of his entire presidency.
I hear Obama's 'library' is going to be housed in a 'portable' behind the post office in Arlington Heights.
That piece of property BTW is owned by the TRUMP Corp.

There's no question the 2nd amendment would be in jeopardy. So would the first and a host of others. And yes, the Republicans could stop him but since the GOP leadership are all enablers, they most likely won't.
I think the Republicans should entertain the nomination and if they don't like him/her, they can vote no. Refusing to play at all is childish bullshit.

Good. Then the ones in swing states will be punished and so will the GOP nominee.

Good! Let's have this conversation. Get out the vote!

If you disagree with a specific thing Obama has done, I respect that. I don't care for much of what he has done.

But this idea that every action must be opposed, regardless of whether it is good for the people or not, is insanity.
This is EXACTLY why Trump and Sanders are hijacking the presidential race. People don't like it--watch out, super conservatives. I have been entirely open, up to now, in considering a Republican as my vote for president in November. I absolutely, positively will NOT vote for any candidate who opposes even considering the president's nomination. I'm only one, but I'm not alone. I DO NOT SEE why a nominee can't be considered and voted down, if not acceptable.

There's no question the 2nd amendment would be in jeopardy. So would the first and a host of others. And yes, the Republicans could stop him but since the GOP leadership are all enablers, they most likely won't.
I think the Republicans should entertain the nomination and if they don't like him/her, they can vote no. Refusing to play at all is childish bullshit.

But this is what it has come down to. It is about opposing the other party. Whether it is good for the nation or not is irrelevant.

This is EXACTLY why Trump and Sanders are hijacking the presidential race. People don't like it--watch out, super conservatives. I have been entirely open, up to now, in considering a Republican as my vote for president in November. I absolutely, positively will NOT vote for any candidate who opposes even considering the president's nomination. I'm only one, but I'm not alone. I DO NOT SEE why a nominee can't be considered and voted down, if not acceptable.
Luckily Republicans can't win. Voters will see them for what they are. We welcome scalias timing.

Right now the DNC is plotting away

Good. Then the ones in swing states will be punished and so will the GOP nominee.

Good! Let's have this conversation. Get out the vote!
That's right! ALL SEVEN SWING STATES in the 2016 election! HAAAA HAAAAA!
Three or four are swinging REP.
We will see.
Aside: Which State is home to the FBI?
Which State is vital for Hillary to win, if she hasn't quit two weeks before the indictments are issued by the FBI for 'health reasons'?
GOLD STAR!!!! Virginia.

You can't anull a previous recent election at your whim. This president was elected and those votes say this president should and will exercise the power THE PEOPLE gave him.

Period.
Change your Tampon if you're on your period. The people voted in the last election overwhelmingly for the right, exactly because of obama. And congress doesn't have to rubber stamp his pick. Sorry.

Sorry you don't like who the president is. Rules are rules. It's Obama's pick.

If they have no real objection the court just got a lot less conservative.

Nope, he picks the Senate allows.....that is the constitution...if the Senate says no.....too bad, so sad for obama......

Luckily Republicans can't win. Voters will see them for what they are. We welcome scalias timing.

Right now the DNC is plotting away
Maybe Republicans have some good ideas, but their attitude sucks at the moment.

Forum List

Back