‘Scandalous’ Solyndra Program Actually Earned Taxpayers A $5 Billion Profit

Hater dupes of course don't even know how FOS they are. I think I'll go with Bloomberg over Rush and the Blaze lol. A disgrace.

The only ones FOS are you factually challenged progs. You have nothing but propaganda and have the temerity to say we're the one's who are duped. Get real silly person, you are the only duped one here. Your Masters tell you to jump and all you can say is "how high". You're the epitome of hater dupe.

The Fisker would have succeeded without Pubs. They tried to kill the Volt, too, with total bs. The GOP is a disgrace.

Fisker failed because it sucked. It was under engineered and sacrificed function for form. As usual you blame others for the failures of those you favor while ignoring all the idiotic decisions your hero's made.

"Joe insists that the company achieved its goals and had the engineering know-how to truly succeed. "The goal was to bring to market a unique car with exceptional styling with the most efficiency that it could provide within the limitations of the design. And design was always the priority."
One of the major factors that brought Fisker Automotive to its current precarious state was the collapse of battery supplier A123 Systems. Joe emphasizes that the none of the Karmas produced suffered a powertrain or battery failure that was the result of a design or chemistry problem. The battery failures that did occur were a direct result of a manufacturing problem at A123's Livonia, MI factory.
Fisker had to stop producing cars last summer while A123 scrambled to produce replacement batteries for those early cars. It was then that A123 simply ran out of financial runway and had to file for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection. Among other things, that led to more than 300 Karmas sitting at a port in New Jersey last fall waiting for replacement batteries right when hurricane Sandy blasted through."

Fisker Automotive Closure - Fisker Inside on Last Days of Company
And of course had nothing to do with the Booosh meltdown, Pubs obstructing everything that would have been constructive, refusing to keep the stimulus recovery going in 2010, bad mouthing alternative energy, refusing to buy the cars, etc etc etc. A123 was working in vacuum, no problem! lol. Just HAPPENED to run out of money, a coincidence. lol. The debt crises and gov't shutdown helped. Consumer confidence was FINE.

Talk about FOS. No one is to blame for the A123 meltdown but the dipshits running it. You have to be a good manager to run a start up and they clearly weren't. Not even close. They probably have as much mental acuity as you do. No, they have more, they at least tried. All you do is whine and snivel.

A recovering economy makes things look rosy. Wait for a downturn and companies that werent particularly viable (because if they were they'd have gotten private funding) go down and the program becomes another expensive tax payer bailout.

The Fisker would have succeeded without Pubs. They tried to kill the Volt, too, with total bs. The GOP is a disgrace.

Fisker failed because it sucked. It was under engineered and sacrificed function for form. As usual you blame others for the failures of those you favor while ignoring all the idiotic decisions your hero's made.

"Joe insists that the company achieved its goals and had the engineering know-how to truly succeed. "The goal was to bring to market a unique car with exceptional styling with the most efficiency that it could provide within the limitations of the design. And design was always the priority."
One of the major factors that brought Fisker Automotive to its current precarious state was the collapse of battery supplier A123 Systems. Joe emphasizes that the none of the Karmas produced suffered a powertrain or battery failure that was the result of a design or chemistry problem. The battery failures that did occur were a direct result of a manufacturing problem at A123's Livonia, MI factory.
Fisker had to stop producing cars last summer while A123 scrambled to produce replacement batteries for those early cars. It was then that A123 simply ran out of financial runway and had to file for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection. Among other things, that led to more than 300 Karmas sitting at a port in New Jersey last fall waiting for replacement batteries right when hurricane Sandy blasted through."

And of course had nothing to do with the Booosh meltdown, Pubs obstructing everything that would have been constructive, refusing to keep the stimulus recovery going in 2010, bad mouthing alternative energy, refusing to buy the cars, etc etc etc. A123 was working in vacuum, no problem! lol. Just HAPPENED to run out of money, a coincidence. lol. The debt crises and gov't shutdown helped. Consumer confidence was FINE.

Talk about FOS. No one is to blame for the A123 meltdown but the dipshits running it. You have to be a good manager to run a start up and they clearly weren't. Not even close. They probably have as much mental acuity as you do. No, they have more, they at least tried. All you do is whine and snivel.
Yup, the Boosh corrupt meltdown and World Depression, Pub obstruction of a recovery, Pub propaganda and fear mongering against electric vehicles and hater dupe refusal to buy, all had nothing to do with business problems lol. Also, Reaganist ruin of the nonrich has nothing to do with their problems. It's all their fault, and Obama's. IDIOT. lol. See sig.

OP- Success despite your disgrace of a party.

The Republican gripes about Obama all fall flat on their faces. He beats them every single time.
4i6Ckte.gif

First off, I'm not a Repub, secondly I care for this country. Clearly you don't or you would ignore the propaganda and actually research the shit you post. Instead you continue to spew shit and our country suffers accordingly.
I don't see the country suffering for any of Obama's actions.

I do see the country being out $24 Billion because of Ted Cruz' reckless actions in shutting down the government.

When do we get that back?

Really? What exactly happened when the government shut down? Where is that money supposedly missing from? Be specific.
You said: Really? What exactly happened when the government shut down? Where is that money supposedly missing from? Be specific.

You can't be serious. If a company shuts down for a week, does it lose any revenue?

The long Republican nightmare continues!
4i6Ckte.gif

The much-maligned government program that funded the failed solar tech company Solyndra is expected to make taxpayers a $5 to $6 billion return, Bloomberg Businessweek reported on Wednesday.

The loan program is run out of the Department of Energy (DOE), and covers a large umbrella of investments to encourage green energy and low-carbon technologies. According to Businessweek, the expected positive returns on those investments are detailed in a new report DOE will be releasing, perhaps as early as Thursday, on the loan program’s performance — the first such estimate the agency has made of the fruits of its efforts.

The program has the authority to spend as much as $40 billion, and has allocated $32.4 billion of that to a portfolio with dozens of specific projects. Half of the $32.4 billion has already been paid out, in loans that average a 22-year lifecycle. The Energy Department expects the full $5 to $6 billion return to come in over that total time period. But $3.5 billion of the principal for those loans has already been paid back by the various companies that received them, and the government has already garnered over $810 million in interest payments. The portfolio’s losses only amount to $780 million so far, and they aren’t expected to rise above $2 billion once everything is said and done — a fraction of the $10 billion in losses the government anticipated when it originally designed the program.

This stands in stark contrast to the image critics painted of the program. In 2011, the solar tech company Solyndra collapsed after receiving $528 million from the program, setting off a political feeding frenzy and embarrassing the White House.

In the 2012 presidential campaign, Republican candidate Mitt Romney said he thought “about half” the businesses the program invested in had gone out of business. On Tuesday, Rep. Marsha Blackburn (R-TN) declared that “most of these companies are bankrupt and are no longer in existence, and the taxpayer is left holding the bag.” In point of fact, as of November 2012 only three companies out of several dozen had folded, though a few others were facing financial difficulties. That number has ticked up one more to four failures since. Investigations into the loan program have found no evidence of political manipulation or wrongdoing.

It's a projected profit, just like other projected ideas, the taxpayer will lose.

Comeback when their is a real profit, that will be years, have a good life.

The Republican gripes about Obama all fall flat on their faces. He beats them every single time.
4i6Ckte.gif

First off, I'm not a Repub, secondly I care for this country. Clearly you don't or you would ignore the propaganda and actually research the shit you post. Instead you continue to spew shit and our country suffers accordingly.

I do see the country being out $24 Billion because of Ted Cruz' reckless actions in shutting down the government.

Really? What exactly happened when the government shut down? Where is that money supposedly missing from? Be specific.
You said: Really? What exactly happened when the government shut down? Where is that money supposedly missing from? Be specific.

You can't be serious. If a company shuts down for a week, does it lose any revenue?
The government is not supposed to profit from its monuments, memorials, national park etc entrance fees. Those fees are to support the costs to operate.
The only other revenue is tax revenue.

Were we allowed to hold back one weeks worth of taxes?

Or was a bone headed move made to still pay expenses for parks and such that were shut down?

I know...I know....why should government employees suffer if the government shuts down. Why should any employee suffer if their employer shuts down? it comes with the decision to work for that employer...be it private or the government.

I know....too deep for your race baiting mind.

A recovering economy makes things look rosy. Wait for a downturn and companies that werent particularly viable (because if they were they'd have gotten private funding) go down and the program becomes another expensive tax payer bailout.
You said: Wait for a downturn

quote-there-is-no-terror-in-the-bang-only-in-the-anticipation-of-it-alfred-hitchcock-85791.jpg

Republicans proved that running on Ebola and Isis.

Yup, the Boosh corrupt meltdown and World Depression, Pub obstruction of a recovery, Pub propaganda and fear mongering against electric vehicles and hater dupe refusal to buy, all had nothing to do with business problems lol. Also, Reaganist ruin of the nonrich has nothing to do with their problems. It's all their fault, and Obama's. IDIOT. lol. See sig.

OP- Success despite your disgrace of a party.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: Dude, you're so one dimensional I am surprised you can type! EV's COST too much you halfwit! No regular person can afford them! Every one of them that the car companies sell LOSES them money! Talk about someone so fundamentally stupid that you can't tie your own shoes! You're it!

4i6Ckte.gif

The government is not a company moron. So tell the class, what money was lost and be specific. You idiots make these grand claims and then turn tale and run when you are requested to support your bullshit. Well, little chicken, describe in detail what was lost.

The long Republican nightmare continues!
4i6Ckte.gif

The much-maligned government program that funded the failed solar tech company Solyndra is expected to make taxpayers a $5 to $6 billion return, Bloomberg Businessweek reported on Wednesday.

The loan program is run out of the Department of Energy (DOE), and covers a large umbrella of investments to encourage green energy and low-carbon technologies. According to Businessweek, the expected positive returns on those investments are detailed in a new report DOE will be releasing, perhaps as early as Thursday, on the loan program’s performance — the first such estimate the agency has made of the fruits of its efforts.

The program has the authority to spend as much as $40 billion, and has allocated $32.4 billion of that to a portfolio with dozens of specific projects. Half of the $32.4 billion has already been paid out, in loans that average a 22-year lifecycle. The Energy Department expects the full $5 to $6 billion return to come in over that total time period. But $3.5 billion of the principal for those loans has already been paid back by the various companies that received them, and the government has already garnered over $810 million in interest payments. The portfolio’s losses only amount to $780 million so far, and they aren’t expected to rise above $2 billion once everything is said and done — a fraction of the $10 billion in losses the government anticipated when it originally designed the program.

This stands in stark contrast to the image critics painted of the program. In 2011, the solar tech company Solyndra collapsed after receiving $528 million from the program, setting off a political feeding frenzy and embarrassing the White House.

In the 2012 presidential campaign, Republican candidate Mitt Romney said he thought “about half” the businesses the program invested in had gone out of business. On Tuesday, Rep. Marsha Blackburn (R-TN) declared that “most of these companies are bankrupt and are no longer in existence, and the taxpayer is left holding the bag.” In point of fact, as of November 2012 only three companies out of several dozen had folded, though a few others were facing financial difficulties. That number has ticked up one more to four failures since. Investigations into the loan program have found no evidence of political manipulation or wrongdoing.

So Solyndra doesn't have shit to do with the profits.

LIAR!!!!

4i6Ckte.gif

The government is not a company moron. So tell the class, what money was lost and be specific. You idiots make these grand claims and then turn tale and run when you are requested to support your bullshit. Well, little chicken, describe in detail what was lost.
actually, money WAS lost. If you recall, when the government opened up again, Obama decided to award all government employees that had the week off, back pay for that week. So there was no revenue from the parks monuments and memorials, but salaries had to be paid. Likewise, if you recall, they had to spend millions of dollars on security to ensure people wouldn't use those parks while they were closed.

Of course, Obama had the right to keep those parks open and use the "security" money on "regular employees".....but then Americans would not feel the pain.

The man is a typical political hack.

Can you imagine how much profit Solyndra would have made if it hadn't gone bankrupt?

Forum List

Back