Zone1 scariest passage in the Bible: Jesus rejects fake Christians (St Luke 13:24.. Mt 7:21)

nomadic5

Platinum Member
Nov 28, 2022
Jesus rejects fake Christians (St Luke 13:24)

“Lord,” someone asked Him, “will only a few people be saved?” Jesus answered, 24“Make every effort to enter through the narrow door. For many, I tell you, will try to enter and will not be able. 25After the master of the house gets up and shuts the door, you will stand outside knocking and saying, ‘Lord, open the door for us.’ But he will reply, ‘I do not know where you are from.’…

St Mt 7:21

So then, by their fruit you will recognize them. 21Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of My Father in heaven. 22Many will say to Me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?’…

comments

I'm ticked at BibleHub because I couldn't figure out how to get the WHOLE passage :rolleyes:

but in these psgs (one or both) at one point Jesus says

Depart from Me, all you evildoers, I never knew you

:oops:

Jesus does not know you if you are into evildoing

Last edited:

“Lord,” someone asked Him, “will only a few people be saved?” Jesus answered, 24“Make every effort to enter through the narrow door. For many, I tell you, will try to enter and will not be able. 25After the master of the house gets up and shuts the door, you will stand outside knocking and saying, ‘Lord, open the door for us.’ But he will reply, ‘I do not know where you are from.’…

So then, by their fruit you will recognize them. 21Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of My Father in heaven. 22Many will say to Me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?’…

comments

I'm ticked at BibleHub because I couldn't figure out how to get the WHOLE passage :rolleyes:

Many will not get into Heaven, there is no question. Some believe they are smarter than God, scary.

comments

Wait a minute............................there are lots of Christians who think that Jesus and God are one and the same, as well that believe that God is omniscient (knows everything).

So......................if Jesus and God are one and the same, and God knows everything, then why wouldn't Jesus know if a person is into evildoing?

Many will not get into Heaven, there is no question. Some believe they are smarter than God, scary.

well, I tend to think all humans are guilty of that kind of thing.. thinking they are smarter than God.. I mean, any time a Christian gets ticked at God, that is, in effect, what the person is saying, that said person is smarter.. "God, why aren't you doing things my way?! What the... *&^%$#@"

I confess: I've been there

but I tried to outgrow my childish thoughts/feelings..

Frankly, I thought I had a good point... that God really was being unreasonable.. but... sigh..

guess not because He didn't answer my prayer (as prayed)

it happens

LOL

:)

I, for one, don't consider them scary. I consider them comforting.

I get the one squinted eye routine from God regularly...of course I'm the red headed step child (the one easier to beat than the natural kids).

But I'm His.

Wait a minute............................there are lots of Christians who think that Jesus and God are one and the same, as well that believe that God is omniscient (knows everything).

So......................if Jesus and God are one and the same, and God knows everything, then why wouldn't Jesus know if a person is into evildoing?

Well, what Jesus likely means is that He doesn't KNOW the person INTIMATELY, deeply... because the person doesn't WANT that!

We Catholics go by Tradition (a very misunderstood concept...) not just the literal Word written down.. which can and is misinterpreted all the time!

So we can see these things.. namely, that Scirpture is not always easily interpreted by mere, sinful humans..

Anyhow.. if that doesn't answer your Q... (thought I had some other thing to add but forgot it :uhoh3:), let me know

well, I tend to think all humans are guilty of that kind of thing.. thinking they are smarter than God.. I mean, any time a Christian gets ticked at God, that is, in effect, what the person is saying, that said person is smarter.. "God, why aren't you doing things my way?! What the... *&^%$#@"

I confess: I've been there

but I tried to outgrow my childish thoughts/feelings..

Frankly, I thought I had a good point... that God really was being unreasonable.. but... sigh..

guess not because He didn't answer my prayer (as prayed)

it happens

LOL

:)
The evidence is in on modern science being smarter than the god. And the Catholic church verified that when it decided to accept Darwinian evolution over the creation myth.

Well, what Jesus likely means is that He doesn't KNOW the person INTIMATELY, deeply... because the person doesn't WANT that!

We Catholics go by Tradition (a very misunderstood concept...) not just the literal Word written down.. which can and is misinterpreted all the time!

So we can see these things.. namely, that Scirpture is not always easily interpreted by mere, sinful humans..

Anyhow.. if that doesn't answer your Q... (thought I had some other thing to add but forgot it :uhoh3:), let me know

No, it doesn't. Because omniscient means that everything is known, whether or not someone else wants it to be. And, since God and Jesus are supposed to be one and the same, it would stand to reason that Jesus would be omniscient as well, meaning that He would know everything about everyone, regardless of whether or not the person wanted them to know. Besides, aren't we also told that God sees everything? That right there should mean that God (and Jesus by proxy) should know if a person is into evildoing?

The evidence is in on modern science being smarter than the god. And the Catholic church verified that when it decided to accept Darwinian evolution over the creation myth.

I don't think that modern science is "smarter" than God, as there are many things out there that science has yet to answer or understand. Personally? I think that science is there for us to discover how God does things.

But...............like the saying goes, "a little knowledge can be a dangerous thing". Science CAN go off the rails by discovering a bit of something without fully understanding how it works and thinking it's a good thing (nuclear power and bombs for one). Yes, we understand how the reaction happens (kinda), and we understand how to partially harness it, but we DON'T understand all the benefits and dangers that go along with it.

I don't think that modern science is "smarter" than God, as there are many things out there that science has yet to answer or understand. Personally? I think that science is there for us to discover how God does things.
Christianity offers nothing that modern science hasn't already answered.

Christianity can only ask questions for which they have no answers themselves.

And if they dare to try to answer any questions then the answers offered are bogus.
But...............like the saying goes, "a little knowledge can be a dangerous thing". Science CAN go off the rails by discovering a bit of something without fully understanding how it works and thinking it's a good thing (nuclear power and bombs for one). Yes, we understand how the reaction happens (kinda), and we understand how to partially harness it, but we DON'T understand all the benefits and dangers that go along with it.
Science understands why bombs work and religion offers nothing.
And the entire house of cards collapsed when the Catholic church finally accepted Darwinian evolution.

Is the Catholic church going to reneg on that admission?

No, it doesn't. Because omniscient means that everything is known, whether or not someone else wants it to be. And, since God and Jesus are supposed to be one and the same, it would stand to reason that Jesus would be omniscient as well, meaning that He would know everything about everyone, regardless of whether or not the person wanted them to know. Besides, aren't we also told that God sees everything? That right there should mean that God (and Jesus by proxy) should know if a person is into evildoing?
Also...
It was an allegorical tale....meaning that it's a symbolic story.
God the Father is Omniscient. Meaning that He knows EVERYTHING and EVERYONE. He knows the future just as well as the present and past history because He is timeless.

Jesus, the Seed/Son of God was not given omniscience....several times in the Gospels Jesus expressed surprise. (Something God the Father cannot have)
Being surprised is a part of being human. And Jesus was Fully God and fully human at the same time. Jesus knew what He needed to know. The rest He had faith about.

Jesus doesn't say that he doesn't know who is doing evil. Rather, he says that he knows better than anyone else who is righteous and who is not.

Also...
It was an allegorical tale....meaning that it's a symbolic story.
God the Father is Omniscient. Meaning that He knows EVERYTHING and EVERYONE. He knows the future just as well as the present and past history because He is timeless.

Jesus, the Seed/Son of God was not given omniscience....several times in the Gospels Jesus expressed surprise. (Something God the Father cannot have)
Being surprised is a part of being human. And Jesus was Fully God and fully human at the same time. Jesus knew what He needed to know. The rest He had faith about.
THEY knew too many things that weren't true and were subsequently proven to be not true by modern science.

6000 year old earth, Noah's ark, the flood, living in the fish's belly, the sun circling the earth, and on and on and on.

The bibles were proven to be 'literal' lies, to which Christianity has agreed.

I'm outta this one, I've made my case.

Go back and read that sentence more carefully. It might take a little more intellectual effort than you are willing to put into it.

THEY knew too many things that weren't true and were subsequently proven to be not true by modern science.

6000 year old earth, Noah's ark, the flood, living in the fish's belly, the sun circling the earth, and on and on and on.

The bibles were proven to be 'literal' lies, to which Christianity has agreed.

I'm outta this one, I've made my case.
You create a strawman argument (which is not true to begin with) and then claim victory?

How very Russian of you.

The Catholic Church did no such thing

you are likely getting the CC mixed up with that vile "thing" that took over the Vatican 65 years ago and passes itself off as Catholic

:rolleyes:

The Catholic Church did no such thing

you are likely getting the CC mixed up with that vile "thing" that took over the Vatican 65 years ago and passes itself off as Catholic

:rolleyes:
Yes, that's how I've become confused.

You are not getting it.

God knows all. He obviously knows the ones who are doing evil!

My guess is you haven't read the Old T and probably not even the New

Therein, it speaks of the sexual union as "knowing" one another. This obvioiusly implies (is) INTIMACY

Jesus wants us to be INTIMATE with Him as one is intimate w/ a spouse (not sexually, obviously).

In my experiences in life, I've found that I didn't really, really KNOW Jesus (personally, closely...) until I began to re-discover Catholicism... THAT is a very long story... I should write a book... but at this time that doesn't seem to "be in the cards" for me.. In any case, there are myriad reasons why God set us His Church as He did...
But people insist on going to the "church" they want for whatever personal, subjective reasons they may have... and the Church Christ founded, the RCC (not the sect that took over the Vatican in 1958)

gets ripped to shreds by a bunch of liars... but the Church cannot be ripped to shreds... it just LOOKS like it.

"You will be hated by all because of [Me]" Jesus said... No one is more hated in the US than Catholics...

2 words: the Dodgers.. I rest my case

Yes, that's how I've become confused.
and who is the author of all confusion?

Satan

who has ALWAYS wanted to utterly lay waste to Christ's Kingdom on Earth... so he gets his useful idiots to spread LIES and innuendo about the True Church... seems to be working

I think the End is very near... some kind of end in any case..

comments

So you're saying everyone who is not of your particular branch of Christianity is "an evil doer?"
BUT
Since your particular branch didn't exist till more than 100 years after Jesus' death then are you not also calling Jesus an "evil doer?"

Forum List

Back