Schiavo's Other Woman

Status
Not open for further replies.
musicman said:
Well, I certainly don't need to argue with my own posts; we've got plenty of members who do that intelligently and vigorously. However, after giving the matter some thought, I think I may have come up with the answer to this one:

Gee, I don't know, musicman - maybe they'll....(gasp)...JUST LIE ABOUT IT!

LOL. In reality, the left always goes for expediency, doesn't make claims of ideology. The conservatives though, they have had consistency for the most part, in and out of power. Gingrich had too much ideology and thought he could run with a 'mandate'. The entire country is NOT that conservative.

Now on this issue that we are not in synch with, if both parties are going to be free of ideology, what do we offer? Ok, life. That's true. However, how are we going to argue for Roe? Do we now just keep trying to get the legislative to roll over the judiciary, rather than bother with the judicial battles?

Well time to get to bed, actually past time, but I finished grading most of my papers. Another day tomorrow. Night.

SmarterThanYou said:
thousands of men cheat on their wives, so friggin what. THATS part of the demonization thats BS.

Jesus h Christ is right. I dont know what the hell that kind of a comment THAT is but Im thinking I dont like it one fucking bit.

Thousands of women cheat on their husbands too.

Im thinking you need to calm down or we need to have a talk :mad: :mad: :bat:

Kathianne said:
how are we going to argue for Roe?

By doing what we've always done - keeping faith with the document that protects us from tyranny in all its forms. Congressional action in the Schiavo case did not - by a single iota - deviate from the U.S. Constitution. Meanwhile, the perpretrators of fraud like Roe vs. Wade, homosexual rights, and the siege of Christianity stay up nights dreaming up new ways to circumvent the will of the American people. Our enemies would have us believe that the actions of these two entities are, in any conceivable way, comparable. They are not.

musicman said:
By doing what we've always done - keeping faith with the document that protects us from tyranny in all its forms. Congressional action in the Schiavo case did not - by a single iota - deviate from the U.S. Constitution. Meanwhile, the perpretrators of fraud like Roe vs. Wade, homosexual rights, and the siege of Christianity stay up nights dreaming up new ways to circumvent the will of the American people. Our enemies would have us believe that the actions of these two entities are, in any conceivable way, comparable. They are not.

Exactly. The sick liberals will never give up promoting their culture of death and darkness. They will use anything at their disposal against those who promote a culture of life and light. Liberals have always used lies and underhandedness - what's to stop them now? :mad:

What's to stop them now? I hope the blogsphere and the alternative news sources. They have been pretty effective at exposing the libs' lies and modus operandi. Libs don't have nearly the power they once did to influence people, and many of them are beginning to get the message that their glory days may be behind them. In my opinion, one thing's for sure: if and when the libs get back in power in Washington, no stone will be left unturned to shackle the blogsphere.

so I live just outside sf.....and the other night I am at a dinner party....all the blue dots find out I am a red dot and the descend like a pack of wolves.....bitching and moaning about the judges and their brilliance in allowing Terri to die......so I drew them in and they on and on and on about the judges and their brilliance in fending off the right wingers......

I then asked how come they don't defend the judges when they sentence convicted murders to death ......

manu1959 said:
so I live just outside sf.....and the other night I am at a dinner party....all the blue dots find out I am a red dot and the descend like a pack of wolves.....bitching and moaning about the judges and their brilliance in allowing Terri to die......so I drew them in and they on and on and on about the judges and their brilliance in fending off the right wingers......

I then asked how come they don't defend the judges when they sentence convicted murders to death ......

Why naturally that's a different topic and doesn't apply in this case.

Originally Posted by SmarterThanYou
thousands of men cheat on their wives, so friggin what.
THATS part of the demonization thats BS.

Well, I read it again (meaning the above) and I STILL think it speaks volumes that Ive obviously not read previously.

The lack of morals and respect that you show for the sanctity of marriage, (and Im saying this using your own words )
THAT's part of the demonization
THAT IS BS

MyName said:
Originally Posted by SmarterThanYou
thousands of men cheat on their wives, so friggin what.
THATS part of the demonization thats BS.

Well, I read it again (meaning the above) and I STILL think it speaks volumes that Ive obviously not read previously.

The lack of morals and respect that you show for the sanctity of marriage, (and Im saying this using your own words )
THAT's part of the demonization
THAT IS BS

Demonzation? or are you saying that its just the truth?

MyName said:
I was repeating DK

With that "men cheat - so what" crack, I'd be doing more than repeating.. A little crash course education with my boot, perhaps.. :D

Shattered said:
With that "men cheat - so what" crack, I'd be doing more than repeating.. A little crash course education with my boot, perhaps.. :D

Dont think that things are perfect here as a result of his remark.
I dont go the boot route.
I just dont exist.

Shattered said:

Im a man who doesnt cheat. so please dont use your boot on any part or appendge of my body. :bow3: :bow3:

dilloduck said:
So cheaters are demonizing themselves by their deeds and are just asking to be criticized ?
(I think I understand ???)

Im not exactly following the conversation of the two of you. But my opinion of the matter is when a man cheats on his wife, it shows he is dishonest and therefore i would be more willing to question other things he says or does. This is one of the reasons i distrust Clinton as much as I do. You cant violate the most sacred of all relationships with dishonesty and expect to be trusted by anyone who knows about it. Others don't have that same close relationship so i would be more inclined to think if you are lying to people you are close to you aren't being honest with the rest of us on alot of things either.

Of course you could argue that Michael wasnt technically lying to Terri because she might not have been able to comprehend it. However, he still broke his vow and i dont see why i should trust a man who breaks a promise simply because its convenient.

dilloduck said:
So cheaters are demonizing themselves by their deeds and are just asking to be criticized ?
(I think I understand ???)

Let me briefly explain why I wont 'go there' with you dillo.

My first husband did nothing but cheat on me and beat me. To this day I still suffer the results of his beatings in the form of 2 breaks in my spine, cracking in my jaw from a fracture that never healed, degenerative disk disease from the breaks in my spine...not to mention the emotional trauma (which is worse) of knowing that the man that I chose to spend my life with only thought of me as a punching bag. Wait. Scratch that. He also considered me to be lower than dirt with no feelings....I guess. I mean what other reason can there be to sleep wiht other women while we're married.

Do I demonize any scum for sleeping around on their spouse? Fuck yes I do.
Im likely to change my views on homosexuality before I change my views on this and you could talk to palerider Im sure about how quick I might be to stand next to him 'and shoot the goddamned fags'. Not very likely.

I am SO against any type of defense for an abuser or a cheater that Im not speaking to my second husband at this time since he seems to find it to be something that 'everyone does'. Speaks volumes for my confidence level in this marriage as well I guess.

Any more questions youd like to ask me?

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20050405/ap_on_re_us/schiavo_funeral_4

Schiavo Parents Holding Funeral Mass

2 hours, 17 minutes ago U.S. National - AP

By MITCH STACY, Associated Press Writer

GULFPORT, Fla. - With the family as deeply divided as ever, Terri Schiavo's parents arranged a funeral Mass for her Tuesday night, while her husband held on to her cremated remains and planned a separate service.

Schiavo's parents had opposed her cremation and hoped to bury her in their adopted state of Florida.

But her husband, Michael Schiavo, ordered her cremation and said her ashes will be buried in his family's plot in Pennsylvania, the state where Terri Schiavo grew up and met her future husband.

Michael Schiavo has not said when his memorial service will be held, but is under a court order to notify the parents of his plans. Schiavo's attorney, George Felos, did not return a call Tuesday for comment.

The 41-year-old brain-damaged woman died Thursday after a long, bitter legal battle between her husband and parents.

Court-appointed doctors said she was in a persistent vegetative state, and Michael Schiavo said his wife would not want to be kept alive artificially.

Her parents, Bob and Mary Schindler, doubted she had such end-of-life wishes and also disputed that she was in a persistent vegetative state. They claimed she laughed, cried, interacted with them and tried to speak.

The dramatic case reached all the way to Congress, the U.S. Supreme Court, the Vatican and White House in recent weeks as the Schindlers tried to block the court order that allowed Michael Schiavo to remove the feeding tube. The world watched as news organizations followed every new development during the final dramatic weeks.

The Schindlers had asked a judge to allow her body to remain intact and have her buried in Florida so they can visit the grave. But a judge refused to intervene in the dispute.

Terri Schiavo was 26 when her heart stopped beating temporarily in 1990, causing monumental brain damage. Doctors later attributed it to a chemical imbalance possibly brought on by an eating disorder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back