Schiavo's Other Woman

Status
Not open for further replies.
MyName said:
Wow, methinks Ive stepped out of the really real world and into an alternate reality of some sort.....DK actually took a :chillpill
wonders never cease!

:poke:
this is what you're doing. :blah2: :blah2: :blah2:

this is what I want you to do. :bow3: :bow3: :bow3:

no1tovote4 said:
dillo,

The actions he has taken in the last few days that we know about do not put him in the light of any "saint" that I have seen.

Removing his sister and brother from the room just before her death, deciding to cremate her body against her apparent religion, moving her remains to Pennsylvania where he himself doesn't live nor does her family. All of these give me the impression that he is doing anything and everything to make the point that he is the winner in this, to rub the family's face in that fact...

It just keeps going. The man doesn't present himself to me as anything other than an ass so as I said before I will go ahead and agree with him, he's an ass. Surely it is within his rights to be an ass, but certainly I can have an opinion of him based on his actions and have every right to my opinon. Given the choice I would never associate with him, I think he is a jerk of epic proportions...

just beacuse i like to do this.....terri's parrents have fought him at every turn....everything he has done which he believs is in the best interest of his wife which he tragicly lost so young and has taken care of her for the past 15 years....well fuck em they have done nothing but make life miserable since the day i met terri :blowup: two sides to every coin

manu1959 said:
just beacuse i like to do this.....terri's parrents have fought him at every turn....everything he has done which he believs is in the best interest of his wife which he tragicly lost so young and has taken care of her for the past 15 years....well fuck em they have done nothing but make life miserable since the day i met terri :blowup: two sides to every coin

I understand that there are two sides to every coin. However I put myself in Michael's shoes and find that he has done almost everything in a way that I never would. If it were her wish to not be on support then I would have fought as he did but I would not have:

1. I would not shack up and have kids with another woman while still married regardless of her status as a vegetable.
2. Refused to let her family to enter the room at times.
3. Refused her any Catechism until the last week of her life.
4. Cremated her remains against her religion.
5. Refused to let her family into the room at her death.
6. Bury her in a place away from her family purposefully and not let the family attend the actual burial.
7. Blame the parents in any way for fighting for the life of their daughter and thus begin a personal vendetta after the fact of the death just to be an ass, even if they did fight me at every turn I can only expect a parent to do that. This shows a fundamental lack of understanding that other's have motives based on what they believe and that what they believe may be different than what I believe, this shows a selfishness that I don't understand and don't really want to understand. It is easy to forgive parents for taking actions that they believe is saving a child's life, even Michael should know this he does have children.

I put myself in the Shindler's shoes and see myself fighting for every single moment of life for my daughter if I believed that that was what she wanted over death and do not see them taking any action that I would not do myself if that was my belief.

So putting myself into the shoes of the participants pretty much insures that I will judge their actual actions. In doing that it is Schiavo whose actions seem lacking in any social virtue whatsoever.

manu1959 said:

Dude, you cannot be serious. Sure, all the stuff before now, well, that was then, this is now. The woman is DEAD. Let her family and HIM together bury her. What is so wrong with that? The man is an obvious control freak that has no class whatsoever. Do you or anybody else really believe that Terri would not want her own parents at her funeral? If he was doing what Terri *wanted* by killing her, then why won't he do what Terri would have wanted in death?

freeandfun1 said:
Dude, you cannot be serious. Sure, all the stuff before now, well, that was then, this is now. The woman is DEAD. Let her family and HIM together bury her. What is so wrong with that? The man is an obvious control freak that has no class whatsoever. Do you or anybody else really believe that Terri would not want her own parents at her funeral? If he was doing what Terri *wanted* by killing her, then why won't he do what Terri would have wanted in death?

first of i am never serious.....tell me this.....do you belive that terris parrents are 100% perfcetly right and know with 100% certianty what terri wanted? and that michael is 100% wrong and does not know anything that his wife wanted and is purposly doing exactly the opposite of wht his wife wnated

tell me.....what was terri's relationship with her parents when she was young and alive...before michael....in the first years of her marriage.....well i do know this all of terri's freinds and her family have stated that they did not like michael...that he was mean and controling....yet terri married him and loved him till she had her heart attack...

if everyone hated you how would you be reacting?

i will finish with this...michael is an ass and probaly tried to kill her 15 years ago....

manu1959 said:
first of i am never serious.....tell me this.....do you belive that terris parrents are 100% perfcetly right and know with 100% certianty what terri wanted? and that michael is 100% wrong and does not know anything that his wife wanted and is purposly doing exactly the opposite of wht his wife wnated

tell me.....what was terri's relationship with her parents when she was young and alive...before michael....in the first years of her marriage.....well i do know this all of terri's freinds and her family have stated that they did not like michael...that he was mean and controling....yet terri married him and loved him till she had her heart attack...

if everyone hated you how would you be reacting?

i will finish with this...michael is an ass and probaly tried to kill her 15 years ago....

She didn't love him until she had her heart attack.. Shortly *before* the heart attack, she stated she wanted a divorce. That she was miserable...

Shattered said:
She didn't love him until she had her heart attack.. Shortly *before* the heart attack, she stated she wanted a divorce. That she was miserable...

did she love him when she married him?

Manu, no, I don't think the parents have been 100% saints in all this. My point is that she is now dead. Her own brother put forth an olive branch and Michael rejected it. Out of respect for Terri, they should all put their differences aside and have a respectable funeral honoring HER. They are ALL too wrapped up in themselves to do the honorable thing. It is sad. Very sad.

One of the things Michael used to harp on her about was her weight. (She used to be 200+lbs in high school). That right there is a recipe for disaster in any young girls mind...

freeandfun1 said:
Manu, no, I don't think the parents have been 100% saints in all this. My point is that she is now dead. Her own brother put forth an olive branch and Michael rejected it. Out of respect for Terri, they should all put their differences aside and have a respectable funeral honoring HER. They are ALL too wrapped up in themselves to do the honorable thing. It is sad. Very sad.

well....i disagree....my grand mother, and two sets of aunts and uncles along with all their childeren and cousisns all attepmted to sue my mother for taking care of my grandmother and stealling her money to take care of her .... well my mother lives at the poverty level and still does.....then they accused my brother and i stealling as well.....

fair enough.....

my brother and i retaliated and won and cut everyone out of lives....zero contact....

several years later my grandmother was on her deathbed and begged to see me .... her eldest grandson ... my children, her greatgrand children, one of which she had never seen ....

i assume you would have forgiven everyone and gone to the hospital and the funeral?

freeandfun1 said:
who knows.

so if you love somebody when you marry them, no matter what, you MUST love them forever?

well that is what you promise when you say your marriage vows

no1tovote4 said:
Removing his sister and brother from the room just before her death, deciding to cremate her body against her apparent religion, moving her remains to Pennsylvania where he himself doesn't live nor does her family. All of these give me the impression that he is doing anything and everything to make the point that he is the winner in this, to rub the family's face in that fact...

After years of acrimony and suggestions by Terri's brother and sister that he abused his wife and might be responsible for her condition, I can understand his desire not to be in the same room with them during his wife's passing. I wish he could have put aside their differences for this, but I won't demonize him for not doing so.

Cremation has been allowed to Catholics since 1963. It is not against her religion.

He wants her remains buried in his family's plot in Pennsylvania, where both he and Terri grew up.

Shattered said:
One of the things Michael used to harp on her about was her weight. (She used to be 200+lbs in high school). That right there is a recipe for disaster in any young girls mind...

what are the chnces her mom didn't harp about her weight? or harp about how she could do better than that no good micahel shaivo

no1tovote4 said:
dillo,

The actions he has taken in the last few days that we know about do not put him in the light of any "saint" that I have seen.

It just keeps going. The man doesn't present himself to me as anything other than an ass so as I said before I will go ahead and agree with him, he's an ass. Surely it is within his rights to be an ass, but certainly I can have an opinion of him based on his actions and have every right to my opinon. Given the choice I would never associate with him, I think he is a jerk of epic proportions...

no problem---but as long as we direct our anger towards him, the REAL problem here goes ignored--just as shattered ignores her hypocrisy. (Sorry Shattered--didn't mean to ignore ya--got called in to work)

dilloduck said:
no problem---but as long as we direct our anger towards him, the REAL problem here goes ignored--just as shattered ignores her hypocrisy. (Sorry Shattered--didn't mean to ignore ya--got called in to work)

I am not angry with him and have repeatedly declared that we should all contact our state legislators and insure that their laws reflect their views. I just think the guy is a jerk, plain and simple.

no1tovote4 said:
I am not angry with him and have repeatedly declared that we should all contact our state legislators and insure that their laws reflect their views. I just think the guy is a jerk, plain and simple.

I know dude---at least you're moving on with it.

ReillyT said:
After years of acrimony and suggestions by Terri's brother and sister that he abused his wife and might be responsible for her condition, I can understand his desire not to be in the same room with them during his wife's passing. I wish he could have put aside their differences for this, but I won't demonize him for not doing so.

Cremation has been allowed to Catholics since 1963. It is not against her religion.

He wants her remains buried in his family's plot in Pennsylvania, where both he and Terri grew up.

Not all Catholics follow this, and according to her parents she was one that would not.

:shrug: Doesn't really matter.

I think he wants her remains there not because that is where he grew up but because it is far from the people that he has learned acrimony towards.

As I stated before, I would not blame my wife's parents for their actions if we went through the same thing. That he does is a sign that his self-importance is far more important to him than what his wife may have wished. It shows me that IMO he is a jerk. I don't hate him, but I certainly would not choose to hire him if he applied nor would I want to associate him as a friend.

My point was defending him as if he were the greatest human since Lincoln seems to be overkill to me. His actions show that he is a selfish jerk and those of that opinion are entitled to them. You don't even have to think the courts were wrong to think the man is acting like a jerk.

Shattered said:
C'mon, OCA.. You can't possibly have read everything on this case, and actually think this guy is being wrongfully crucified.. Hell, just his actions over the last 2 weeks are enough to earn him a place in whatever his version of hell may happen to be.

Maybe the courts should have stayed out of it - I'm not arguing that. But the guy is a complete and utter piece of shit, and I *do* believe the judge is being paid off.

The judge being paid off lol!

That is like me saying seriously that the quack who said she wasn't brain dead is being paid to say so.

OCA said:
The judge being paid off lol!

That is like me saying seriously that the quack who said she wasn't brain dead is being paid to say so.

Schiavo's lawyer paid into the Judge's campaign coffers, at least that is what was reported. I don't think that a lawyer appearing before a Judge should contribute to his campaign, it can make people think that there may be some impropriety.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back