Schiavo's Other Woman

Status
Not open for further replies.
OCA said:
The courts followed the letter of the law, what he did and what Terri wanted were allowed under the law. All the government did was step in and fuck up(again) an already fucked up situation.

I'm quickly moving to an anarchist political position, Congress is just a bunch of fucking dolts, every single one of em. This move to take this to the Fed courts was nothing but a power grab, you know that and I know that. Bunch of whores!

Intervention by the other 2 and supposedly equal branches of our government amounted to a few more appeals to federal courts which were both turned downed. You call this a major fuck up ?? Look to Rowe V Wade is you want to see what a really big fuck up looks like.

dilloduck said:
Intervention by the other 2 and supposedly equal branches of our government amounted to a few more appeals to federal courts which were both turned downed. You call this a major fuck up ?? Look to Rowe V Wade is you want to see what a really big fuck up looks like.

Roe v Wade is a fuck up, we should have learned from it. Looks like we didn't. It was wrong....what was it you called it? A gesture? Nice gesture.

We sold our soul for nothing, nada. No footing left for the Republicans on much of anything anymore.

OCA said:
Roe v Wade is a fuck up, we should have learned from it. Looks like we didn't. It was wrong....what was it you called it? A gesture? Nice gesture.

We sold our soul for nothing, nada. No footing left for the Republicans on much of anything anymore.

Bully succeeds !!!!!!!!!

I can see the headlines now!!!

OCA said:

the only thing this truly accomplished was setting the republicans on even footing with the dems of using the system against itself and compromising their principles and positions.

OCA said:
Shattered do you really think he should've remained completely monogamous and celibate for the past 15 years? Hell even Rush admitted that that simply is not humanly possible. Quit bagging on him for being human.

I think he should have "given" her to someone who *wanted* to take care of her, and divorced her (she said she wanted to divorce him anyway) - if "I don't want to live like that" (heresy) can hold up in court, then "I want a divorce" (heresy) should hold up in the same court.

THEN he can go get a new family. The fact is, he was married. He chose to stay married. Staying married means staying committed.

Shattered said:
I think he should have "given" her to someone who *wanted* to take care of her, and divorced her (she said she wanted to divorce him anyway) - if "I don't want to live like that" (heresy) can hold up in court, then "I want a divorce" (heresy) should hold up in the same court.

THEN he can go get a new family. The fact is, he was married. He chose to stay married. Staying married means staying committed.

Exactly. There was no reasoning behind staying married once he shacked up and had kids other than he wanted the parents kept away from her. I think that when he began the whole shebang it was about the money and by the time that was gone it was then a personal enmity that went bone deep with him.

SmarterThanYou said:
the only thing this truly accomplished was setting the republicans on even footing with the dems of using the system against itself and compromising their principles and positions.

Now this I agree with. I don't think the Republicans should have created a special bill for this, or even interfered in what is fundamentally a State Right.

no1tovote4 said:
Now this I agree with. I don't think the Republicans should have created a special bill for this, or even interfered in what is fundamentally a State Right.

Why not?

musicman said:

I don't think a strong central government should be the goal, nor should we walk a line on that.

This particular ruling was decided at the State level, the Federal Courts had already ruled that her Rights had not been circumvented by not taking on the case. The new law was an attempt at circumventing that by pressuring the Fed Courts to overrule the State courts.

An end run at States rights, and it also had the effect of showing that those that preach State Rights all the time are willing to end-run them when they find those rights to be inconvenient.

OCA said:
I respectfully disagree with you 100% Jeff. If you or your wife(God forbid) ever get into this situation are you gonna want a bunch of zealots accusing either of you of being a murderer even though they have no knowledge of what was discussed between you two privately?

You see that is the thing, nobody knows what these two discussed privately and really it is none of our damn business. If Terri never said that she didn't want to live this way and he whacked her anyway well then he's gonna be pounding rocks in hell, but you know what that is for God to know, not the friggin courts and not zealots.

OCA'S gotta zig when common sense says zag. That's how he feels special. That's why he loves to be Racist Against Whites!

:slap:

no1tovote4 said:
There ya go. Why are people sitting around and letting the law go unchanged? There was no law broken here, the judgment was sound based on the amount of evidence required for such cases. It wasn't the Judge that overstepped their bounds, it was the Legislature that wasn't psychic and able to see the unintended consequences of their action. That they do not change the law and raise the bar of evidence from "clear and convincing" to "beyond reasonable doubt" is where the issue should lie.

I have already contacted my State Rep in CO to insure the laws here should reflect the "reasonable doubt" level rather than any "clear and convincing" level whereby somebody that presents in such a terrible way as Michael Schiavo will not be the one producing the "evidence" that ends up killing another human.

Blaming Mr. Schiavo for what he was able to do is simply disingenuous. It is the law that needs to be changed not Mr. Schiavo demonized. Go after the real issue, not after the icon that brought the issue to our minds.

I think you're right, unfortunately. This is about all there is left to do. Make more laws to try to compel people to behave. So much for freedom. Only a moral people can remain free.

Shattered said:

EXPLOSIVE NEW INFORMATION!

According to official court testimony from 1993 the Schindlers testified to encouraging Mike Schiavo to see other women. I read this in TIME at the barber shop this morning, can't find anything online but unless you are Avatar I see no reason to believe that the court transcriptionist was in on a conspiracy(LMFAO!) to have Teri whacked. :gross2:

Also I did not know that Terri's cardiac arrest was brought on by the fact that she was anorexic.

Wow all this kind of shoots the old Mike is a motherfucker theory right in the ass.

OCA said:

EXPLOSIVE NEW INFORMATION!

According to official court testimony from 1993 the Schindlers testified to encouraging Mike Schiavo to see other women. I read this in TIME at the barber shop this morning, can't find anything online but unless you are Avatar I see no reason to believe that the court transcriptionist was in on a conspiracy(LMFAO!) to have Teri whacked. :gross2:

If I encouraged you to cheat on your wife, would you do it?

That doesn't make it right!

rtwngAvngr said:
OCA'S gotta zig when common sense says zag. That's how he feels special. That's why he loves to be Racist Against Whites!

:slap:

Surprise us! Say something intelligent....I dare ya.

OCA said:
Because of our vehement arguing for states rights the past umpteen decades.

Well, you and I don't disagree often, OCA, but we definitely part company on this one. I believe Congress acted properly here, yet I wear my states rights credentials proudly. Here's the difference, as I see it:

When the federall government, in the person of an intrusive, micro-managing judiciary, tells states (and ultimately, therefore, the community and the individual) what their attitudes and actions must be on matters of behavior such as abortion and homosexual marriage, that's a violation of states rights.

When this same tyrannical judiciary is able to make the leap from "Congress shall make no law concerning religion" to "no government at ANY level, from the U.S. Congress to the board of directors of a lemonade stand, shall as much as utter God's disgusting, hurtful name", that's a violation of state's rights.

When a clearly plausible possibility exists that an American is about to be deprived of her life without due process of law, and Congress steps in to determine jurisdiction in the matter, as is its duty under the U.S. Constitution, I cannot, for the life of me, see a violation of state's rights.

Moreover, I see - as you do - politicians paying a price down the road for their hypocritical stand on the Schiavo case. We differ in that I see those being hurt as the liberals who - overnight - underwent the miraculous transformation into states-rights advocates. They did this for the same reason they do anything - political expediency. But what was convenient today is going to bite them on the ass - hard - in the very near future. How are they going to justify blocking the nomination of a strict constitutionalist judge tomorrow, in light of their rabid federalism today? They've shot themselves.

You'll notice that the smart liberal - the one they're sending to the big show in '08 - stayed out of this one.

OCA said:
According to official court testimony from 1993 the Schindlers testified to encouraging Mike Schiavo to see other women. I read this in TIME at the barber shop this morning, can't find anything online but unless you are Avatar I see no reason to believe that the court transcriptionist was in on a conspiracy(LMFAO!) to have Teri whacked.

Would Mike Schiavo lost legal guardianship of Teri had he divorced her? I'm not down on all the details of his case, but the thought had just occured to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back