School district bans game of tag

This is why we are raising little emotional wimps. Banning tag? What the hell? :eek:

School district bans game of tag to ‘ensure physical, emotional safety of students’

MERCER ISLAND, Wash. -- Kids at the Mercer Island School District are now banned from playing the popular childhood game of tag on the playground.

Parents told Q13 Fox News they had no idea about the ban until their kids told them. Now, moms and dads are asking why they weren’t part of the decision-making process.

“Good grief, our kids need some unstructured playtime,” said mom Kelsey Joyce.

It’s a game that practically everyone has played – but if you go to public school on Mercer Island, keep your hands to yourself.

District parents were surprised by the decision.

“I totally survived tag,” said Joyce. “I even survived red rover, believe it or not.”

School district bans game of tag to ‘ensure physical, emotional safety of students’

Unbelievable.

I park near a school for work, and sometimes when going to my car I overhear the adult supervisors on the playground, often yelling at kids as they are playing. Not because the kids are fighting or doing something stupid, but because the kids aren't playing the correct way.

The school,district rescinded the ban. Liberal PC has been defeated. I wonder what the ban's defenders here feel now? It just goes to show that liberal ideas don't always have to be defended without question by other liberals.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back