Schumer Threatens USSC Justices Gorsuch & Kavanaugh: 'You Will Pay Price - Won't Know What Hit You!

I understand that for you anti-abortionists ANYTHING is fair game to argue against support for abortion rights. But it simply isn't necessary to be stupid enough to think you make some coherent argument for your position by intentionally mischaracterizing a senator's (any senator's) words as a threat. I understand you believe that women should not have a right to an abortion. But THAT is not the issue actually before the Court. The issue is whether a regulation may effectively make the right inaccessible to anyone poor. if the Court says "aye," there will be political consequences for the Court as a whole, because the holding itself is political in that it creates two classes of persons, and THAT at least in theory the Court may not do.

It's pathetic that you defend these terroristic threats by Chuck The Knife.

I understand that for you anti-abortionists ANYTHING is fair game to argue against support for abortion rights. But it simply isn't necessary to be stupid enough to think you make some coherent argument for your position by intentionally mischaracterizing a senator's (any senator's) words as a threat. I understand you believe that women should not have a right to an abortion. But THAT is not the issue actually before the Court. The issue is whether a regulation may effectively make the right inaccessible to anyone poor. if the Court says "aye," there will be political consequences for the Court as a whole, because the holding itself is political in that it creates two classes of persons, and THAT at least in theory the Court may not do.
what was miischaracterized? Aww the ole demofk slide of hand magic that it never happened? hahahahahhahaha fk off. he named to SCOTUS judges by name and threatened they would pay the price. he didn't say anything else, the interpretation is purely to those who heard it. And that landing is large.

I've changed my mind. Censure him. He's gotten a good ass chewing and hopefully when his position as minority leader comes up again, he'll be voted out by his fellow Democrats. If his voters at home aren't impressed, that's their choice, also.

I still don't think his words equaled a threat worth being alarmed over, but we do have to be careful what we say when it comes to the SC. They are supposed to be protected by a layer of fair play.

Just 10 days ago there was a furor over Trump asserting that Justices Sotomayor and Ginsberg should recuse themselves in cases involving his admin because their statements about him expose their blatant bias. The POTUS threatened no one and merely pointed to their words as proof of their duty to recuse.

Yesterday Chuckie Shu - the Senate Jester - stood on the steps of the USSC and threatened 2 justices by name. The media reaction? Newsweek just castigated Chief Justice Roberts for having the temerity to call out Chuckie the Clown.

Chuck Schumer being reprimanded by Chief Justice Roberts "hurts the notion of judicial independence," say legal experts
Supreme Court Justice John Roberts' rebuke of Chuck Schumer over remarks he made at an abortion rights rally risked hurting "the notion of judicial independence" and "public faith" in America's top court, two senior lawyers have said.
What Chuck did was wrong. Just because Trump does that shit on a regular basis does not make it ok for other leader to follow suit. Roberts had a good point in his critique of Schumer but why hasn’t he made the same
condemnations of Trumps attacks on judges?

This partisanship is getting to destructive levels and needs to stop.

Trump's statement was that they should recuse themselves in certain things involving him. he didn't propose any action to force them to recuse, or any action he would take if they didn't recuse.

Schumer implied action on his or his sides part if K&G decided the current case in a way they didn't like.
trump has been going after judges for 3 years... don’t give me that crap

I've changed my mind. Censure him. He's gotten a good ass chewing and hopefully when his position as minority leader comes up again, he'll be voted out by his fellow Democrats. If his voters at home aren't impressed, that's their choice, also.

I still don't think his words equaled a threat worth being alarmed over, but we do have to be careful what we say when it comes to the SC. They are supposed to be protected by a layer of fair play.
i think it's par for the course these days, but that course needs to be changed. sooner or later we need to challenge the idiots when they're showing off their idiocy.

that would also mean trump needs to stop saying who should and should not be censored. a lot of people just need to stop talking to the microphone. :)

Just 10 days ago there was a furor over Trump asserting that Justices Sotomayor and Ginsberg should recuse themselves in cases involving his admin because their statements about him expose their blatant bias. The POTUS threatened no one and merely pointed to their words as proof of their duty to recuse.

Yesterday Chuckie Shu - the Senate Jester - stood on the steps of the USSC and threatened 2 justices by name. The media reaction? Newsweek just castigated Chief Justice Roberts for having the temerity to call out Chuckie the Clown.

Chuck Schumer being reprimanded by Chief Justice Roberts "hurts the notion of judicial independence," say legal experts
Supreme Court Justice John Roberts' rebuke of Chuck Schumer over remarks he made at an abortion rights rally risked hurting "the notion of judicial independence" and "public faith" in America's top court, two senior lawyers have said.
What Chuck did was wrong. Just because Trump does that shit on a regular basis does not make it ok for other leader to follow suit. Roberts had a good point in his critique of Schumer but why hasn’t he made the same

Trump's statement was that they should recuse themselves in certain things involving him. he didn't propose any action to force them to recuse, or any action he would take if they didn't recuse.

Schumer implied action on his or his sides part if K&G decided the current case in a way they didn't like.
and dems have been going after conservative nominations since before thomas.

wheee.

Link us up to a single threat by Trump. I predict a total failure on your part.

Wow I guess if you want to see a Democratic leader lose his shit, just try and restrict baby murder.
:blowup:

~~~~~~
Maybe he should have practiced what he preaches. He's a buttonhole maker with no males to carry his inheritance. .

Well you managed to quote Schumer's threat... Why can't you quote Trump's threat?

Jo
No problem... there is a plethora of Trump making an ass out of himself on any subject just a google search away.

In His Own Words: The President's Attacks on the Courts

Isnt judge intimidation a crime? Chuckles is entitled to an ignorant opinion, but not threats

Schumer always gets close to but doesn't cross that threshold. It's time to censure Schumer at the least or impeach him at most.
Sounded like he crossed a line to me. We need to hold these violent leftists to the same standard they hold us, but I'm not sure how you go about removing someone like this.
I have a great idea. Find a radical liberal Bernie supporter(shouldn't be hard to find one of those) and tell him that Schumer isnt doing for him what was promised with healthcare. Then a repeat of Congresswoman Gifford can happen.

Gabrielle Giffords Shot: Congresswoman Shot In Arizona (LIVE UPDATES) | HuffPost
It’s still not clear if Loughner had the health care debate in mind or was focused on his own unique set of political beliefs, many outlined in rambling videos and postings on the Internet.

Link us up to a single threat by Trump. I predict a total failure on your part.

Well you managed to quote Schumer's threat... Why can't you quote Trump's threat?

Jo
No problem... there is a plethora of Trump making an ass out of himself on any subject just a google search away.

while trump was wrong yes, you seem to forget those two SCOTUS justices also broke protocol and spoke out against trump as well. where is your anger as their "breaking protocol"?

one sided anger at dual activities is pointless but its all you've got.

What Chuck did was wrong. Just because Trump does that shit on a regular basis does not make it ok for other leader to follow suit. Roberts had a good point in his critique of Schumer but why hasn’t he made the same condemnations of Trumps attacks on judges?
Except as the OP notes, Trump didn't and no matter how badly you need to trash the POTUS, your BS will not become truth.

"If you think we're rallying now you ain't seen nothing yet," Rep. Maxine Waters, D-Calif, told supporters at a rally in Los Angeles over the weekend. "If you see anybody from that (Trump) Cabinet in a restaurant, in a department store, at a gasoline station, you get out and you create a crowd and you push back on them, and you tell them they're not welcome anymore, anywhere."
Maxine Waters is a douche too. Acting like Trump doesn’t solve any problems so I will not excuse anybody that does so

when has Trump threatened a judge?

AND we seem to be OK with "whataboutism" again. funny how that works.
Slade has a bad case of the partisanship at which he rails.

"Don't do as I do … do as I say!"
It would be good if you did both but I don’t care... you can do whatever the hell you want. I’m just calling it like I see it.

Jo

Not a single threat.

Nothing wrong with disagreeing with court rulings.

Jo

Not a single threat.

Nothing wrong with disagreeing with court rulings.
Disagreement is a threat for liberals as it challenges the veracity of their feelings

For as long as I can remember liberals were getting their way in the courts and demanded that supreme court rulings were infallible and must never be questioned

according to lefties if the demigods in black robes say abortion, or gay marriage are constitutionally protected then no one can disagree

but now schumer is saying he knows more about the Constitution than the black robes

and making threats against them if they dont follow his orders
Schumer is publicly flighting for a policy he believes in, that’s what politicians do. I don’t like that he went Trump style with his rhetoric.... we need to be better than that and not stoop to that level

Chuck The Knife stood up in front of an angry mob and incited violence against two sitting SC Justices.

And libtards here defend this. Deplorable.

For as long as I can remember liberals were getting their way in the courts and demanded that supreme court rulings were infallible and must never be questioned

according to lefties if the demigods in black robes say abortion, or gay marriage are constitutionally protected then no one can disagree

but now schumer is saying he knows more about the Constitution than the black robes

and making threats against them if they dont follow his orders
Schumer is publicly flighting for a policy he believes in, that’s what politicians do. I don’t like that he went Trump style with his rhetoric.... we need to be better than that and not stoop to that level
yea, cause lord knows they never pulled this type of shit pre-trump.

Forum List

Back