Schumer Threatens USSC Justices Gorsuch & Kavanaugh: 'You Will Pay Price - Won't Know What Hit You!

Just 10 days ago there was a furor over Trump asserting that Justices Sotomayor and Ginsberg should recuse themselves in cases involving his admin because their statements about him expose their blatant bias. The POTUS threatened no one and merely pointed to their words as proof of their duty to recuse.

Yesterday Chuckie Shu - the Senate Jester - stood on the steps of the USSC and threatened 2 justices by name. The media reaction? Newsweek just castigated Chief Justice Roberts for having the temerity to call out Chuckie the Clown.

Chuck Schumer being reprimanded by Chief Justice Roberts "hurts the notion of judicial independence," say legal experts
Supreme Court Justice John Roberts' rebuke of Chuck Schumer over remarks he made at an abortion rights rally risked hurting "the notion of judicial independence" and "public faith" in America's top court, two senior lawyers have said.
What Chuck did was wrong. Just because Trump does that shit on a regular basis does not make it ok for other leader to follow suit. Roberts had a good point in his critique of Schumer but why hasn’t he made the same
condemnations of Trumps attacks on judges?

This partisanship is getting to destructive levels and needs to stop.

Well you managed to quote Schumer's threat... Why can't you quote Trump's threat?

Jo
No problem... there is a plethora of Trump making an ass out of himself on any subject just a google search away.

In His Own Words: The President's Attacks on the Courts
Not a single threat.

Nothing wrong with disagreeing with court rulings.
And of course... YOU ARE FULL OF SHIT.

Remember Trent Lot? He made a JOKE when Strom Thurman retired and he was GONE, for FAR, FAR LESS... HE WAS GONE.

Schumer should be REMOVED, NOW, PERIOD, END OF STORY. He stood on the STEPS OF THE SUPREME COURT, and POINTED to the court, and CALLED OUT SC JUSTICES BY NAME, and THREATENED THEM.

You ATTEMPTING to downplay this is just another GLARING example of you DEMOCRATS HYPOCRISY and DOUBLE STANDARD. Had a REPUBLICAN just did what Chuckie Cheese did aimed at LEFTIST JUSTICES, THE ENTIRE DEMOCRAT PROPAGANDA WING would be in TOTAL SCORCHED EARTH MELT DOWN MODE, and you know DAMN WELL that's the TRUTH.

Yeah. Paul Ryan would just stab you in the back while you weren't looking. As opposed to Schumer and Pelosi.
Awwwww......did Paul hurt you?
He had some dignity and didn't talk like a jerk.
I do think he's out of place telling a SCOTUS how to vote "or else"

I'd be mad regardless of who did it as it's a continued sign our division of powers continues to fade.
SC justices don't "vote," as I'm sure you know. I think ALL of them, including Kavanaugh and Gorsuch, call 'em as they see 'em and do their best to keep their opinions out of it. That's their job.

I just think the reaction here is the typical "let's punish the lefties" attitude that comes at every opportunity. No sensible person would consider what he said as a viable threat. No one.
Kavenaugh Thomas and Alito all form their opinions on Roe by virtue of their religion. I mean why would they find a religious exemption to people getting FREE HC via an employer as a basis to challenge covering IUDs. Or employers complaining that the govt mandates all HC plans cover them? If THAT's a right, how come abortion is a right that State's can pass laws making them unattainable unless docs have admitting privileges to hospitals that will NEVER grant the privilege to a doc who openly performs abortions?
Why is the SC hearing a case so similar to one that was decided in Texas a couple years ago? In that one, the SC said no, they couldn't require that, but by the time the decision was made, most of the clinics offering abortion services had closed because the legislation was in limbo.

Isn't precedent worth anything any more? Are those opposed to legal abortion challenging the Court with laws that clearly refute its recent decisions? Doesn't the federal law superceed state law if the two contradict? States doing this should be fined, don't you think? It's not like they don't know what the law is. They are simply ignoring it. Man, they fight dirty. Or am I understanding this wrong?
immoral abortions. Killing babies. heart beating, when it's dead it's dead. human being.

Just 10 days ago there was a furor over Trump asserting that Justices Sotomayor and Ginsberg should recuse themselves in cases involving his admin because their statements about him expose their blatant bias. The POTUS threatened no one and merely pointed to their words as proof of their duty to recuse.

Yesterday Chuckie Shu - the Senate Jester - stood on the steps of the USSC and threatened 2 justices by name. The media reaction? Newsweek just castigated Chief Justice Roberts for having the temerity to call out Chuckie the Clown.

Chuck Schumer being reprimanded by Chief Justice Roberts "hurts the notion of judicial independence," say legal experts
Supreme Court Justice John Roberts' rebuke of Chuck Schumer over remarks he made at an abortion rights rally risked hurting "the notion of judicial independence" and "public faith" in America's top court, two senior lawyers have said.
What Chuck did was wrong. Just because Trump does that shit on a regular basis does not make it ok for other leader to follow suit. Roberts had a good point in his critique of Schumer but why hasn’t he made the same

Well you managed to quote Schumer's threat... Why can't you quote Trump's threat?

Jo
No problem... there is a plethora of Trump making an ass out of himself on any subject just a google search away.

Not a single threat.

Remember Trent Lot? He made a JOKE when Strom Thurman retired and he was GONE, for FAR, FAR LESS... HE WAS GONE.

Schumer should be REMOVED, NOW, PERIOD, END OF STORY. He stood on the STEPS OF THE SUPREME COURT, and POINTED to the court, and CALLED OUT SC JUSTICES BY NAME, and THREATENED THEM.

You ATTEMPTING to downplay this is just another GLARING example of you DEMOCRATS HYPOCRISY and DOUBLE STANDARD. Had a REPUBLICAN just did what Chuckie Cheese did aimed at LEFTIST JUSTICES, THE ENTIRE DEMOCRAT PROPAGANDA WING would be in TOTAL SCORCHED EARTH MELT DOWN MODE, and you know DAMN WELL that's the TRUTH.
trump screams at the the judges when he doesn't like the ruling. very true. but i've not heard him make what could be considered a threat to their personal well being.

but what happens is that goes unchecked and sooner or later someone does the "hold my beer" schtick and takes it up a notch. schumer did in fact do just that and needs to be called out for it by all sides. anyone saying he was right in doing this is wrong.

trump isn't right in what he does either but again - i've not seen him directly threaten the health of a SCOTUS as of yet.

Awwwww......did Paul hurt you?
He had some dignity and didn't talk like a jerk.
I do think he's out of place telling a SCOTUS how to vote "or else"

I'd be mad regardless of who did it as it's a continued sign our division of powers continues to fade.
SC justices don't "vote," as I'm sure you know. I think ALL of them, including Kavanaugh and Gorsuch, call 'em as they see 'em and do their best to keep their opinions out of it. That's their job.

I just think the reaction here is the typical "let's punish the lefties" attitude that comes at every opportunity. No sensible person would consider what he said as a viable threat. No one.
Kavenaugh Thomas and Alito all form their opinions on Roe by virtue of their religion. I mean why would they find a religious exemption to people getting FREE HC via an employer as a basis to challenge covering IUDs. Or employers complaining that the govt mandates all HC plans cover them? If THAT's a right, how come abortion is a right that State's can pass laws making them unattainable unless docs have admitting privileges to hospitals that will NEVER grant the privilege to a doc who openly performs abortions?
Why is the SC hearing a case so similar to one that was decided in Texas a couple years ago? In that one, the SC said no, they couldn't require that, but by the time the decision was made, most of the clinics offering abortion services had closed because the legislation was in limbo.

Isn't precedent worth anything any more? Are those opposed to legal abortion challenging the Court with laws that clearly refute its recent decisions? Doesn't the federal law superceed state law if the two contradict? States doing this should be fined, don't you think? It's not like they don't know what the law is. They are simply ignoring it. Man, they fight dirty. Or am I understanding this wrong?
this is where i think sooner or later we need to come to a consensus and let it go. so i agree that once we've decided it, why take it up again only when you feel you can reverse it? all that means is later when the SCOTUS tilts again, we bring it back and change it. again.
yep, what's the point? let it happen. it's called a fight. legislation in congress gets changed all the time. why is this any different? New evidence is collected and presented. just like any guilty person in jail. I don't get why people oppose such things. too funny.

He's walking it back today.
The left gets the mileage out of the original hate remarks and gets all the press they want from it.
Then walk it back the next day with the damage done. Censure the idiot, IMO

I've changed my mind. Censure him. He's gotten a good ass chewing and hopefully when his position as minority leader comes up again, he'll be voted out by his fellow Democrats. If his voters at home aren't impressed, that's their choice, also.

I still don't think his words equaled a threat worth being alarmed over, but we do have to be careful what we say when it comes to the SC. They are supposed to be protected by a layer of fair play.

I think Schumer needed to be roundly criticized both in the press and on the Senate floor for his intemperate remarks. Frankly, this country's political leadership ought not to be saying that shit, and that goes for Trump too although I don't recall him being quite so forceful? while he's been in office. Doubtful that they'd censure Schumer, he did get rebuked pretty good by Chief Justice Roberts, so if I were him I'd admit I might've stepped over the line a little bit and that should be the end of it.

I doubt anybody really thinks Schumer is going to attack a SCOTUS justice or that he intended to incite others to do so, but these days it is not beyond the realm of possibility that someone just might take a shot at Gorsuch or Kavanaugh after hearing such remarks. Emotions do run that high when it comes to abortion though, or so it seems. Tone it down, Chuck.

ch-insane.jpg

Isnt judge intimidation a crime? Chuckles is entitled to an ignorant opinion, but not threats

Schumer always gets close to but doesn't cross that threshold. It's time to censure Schumer at the least or impeach him at most.
Sounded like he crossed a line to me. We need to hold these violent leftists to the same standard they hold us, but I'm not sure how you go about removing someone like this.

It requires a 2/3rds vote of the senate and that will never happen.

Jo

Not a single threat.

trump screams at the the judges when he doesn't like the ruling. very true. but i've not heard him make what could be considered a threat to their personal well being.

but what happens is that goes unchecked and sooner or later someone does the "hold my beer" schtick and takes it up a notch. schumer did in fact do just that and needs to be called out for it by all sides. anyone saying he was right in doing this is wrong.

trump isn't right in what he does either but again - i've not seen him directly threaten the health of a SCOTUS as of yet.
Bull shit. Trump has NEVER come CLOSE to doing ANYTHING even REMOTELY resembling what Schumer did towards the SC.

Get freakin' real. You democrats excuses are absolutely PATHETIC as you try and SPIN this.

Isnt judge intimidation a crime? Chuckles is entitled to an ignorant opinion, but not threats

Schumer always gets close to but doesn't cross that threshold. It's time to censure Schumer at the least or impeach him at most.
Sounded like he crossed a line to me. We need to hold these violent leftists to the same standard they hold us, but I'm not sure how you go about removing someone like this.

If they censured the knucklehead it would only need a simple majority

I've changed my mind. Censure him. He's gotten a good ass chewing and hopefully when his position as minority leader comes up again, he'll be voted out by his fellow Democrats. If his voters at home aren't impressed, that's their choice, also.

I still don't think his words equaled a threat worth being alarmed over, but we do have to be careful what we say when it comes to the SC. They are supposed to be protected by a layer of fair play.

I think Schumer needed to be roundly criticized both in the press and on the Senate floor for his intemperate remarks. Frankly, this country's political leadership ought not to be saying that shit, and that goes for Trump too although I don't recall him being quite so forceful? while he's been in office. Doubtful that they'd censure Schumer, he did get rebuked pretty good by Chief Justice Roberts, so if I were him I'd admit I might've stepped over the line a little bit and that should be the end of it.

I doubt anybody really thinks Schumer is going to attack a SCOTUS justice or that he intended to incite others to do so, but these days it is not beyond the realm of possibility that someone just might take a shot at Gorsuch or Kavanaugh after hearing such remarks. Emotions do run that high when it comes to abortion though, or so it seems. Tone it down, Chuck.
Agree 100%

which knucklehead?

hard to ask for decorum from one side when the other isn't ashamed of their own.

For as long as I can remember liberals were getting their way in the courts and demanded that supreme court rulings were infallible and must never be questioned

according to lefties if the demigods in black robes say abortion, or gay marriage are constitutionally protected then no one can disagree

but now schumer is saying he knows more about the Constitution than the black robes

and making threats against them if they dont follow his orders
Schumer is publicly flighting for a policy he believes in, that’s what politicians do. I don’t like that he went Trump style with his rhetoric.... we need to be better than that and not stoop to that level

The question is why did schmukey pick on only these two justices, it takes 5 to get a ruling either way.

which knucklehead?

hard to ask for decorum from one side when the other isn't ashamed of their own.
Go back to the topic of the thread. There you will find your answer Grasshopper.

Haven't they censured AOC twice? Doesn't seem to be THAT hard.
She has? Are you sure?

which knucklehead?

Go back to the topic of the thread. There you will find your answer Grasshopper.
pretty sure i got that. just sayin...

nevermind.

Yep, but not for removal.

If a defendant made an outburst like that to a sitting he would find himself in handcuffs facing another charge. Whatever Schumer's latest excuse is, it was obvious that he was trying to intimidate two sitting Justices of the Supreme Court into a decision either with a physical threat or a political threat. It seems to be grounds for criminal charges.

Hold on......if you're a mouthy asshole from Brooklyn you get a special waiver to incite an unruly mob of leftist terrorists to intimidate and threaten a Supreme Court Justice. If you're from any place else in the country, you can't do that.

Forum List

Back