Nanotechnology, AI and genetic engineering
You are a fool.

Such a micro time frame

Electricity did not exist just 150 yrs ago
Zero combustion engine 200 yrs ago
TVs and radios only last century

Can you imagine 200 yrs from now ??
Fusion power is what I’m looking forward to.

"Science in only 200 yrs"
Such a micro time frame

My favorite scientist was Galileo. Here's an excerpt from one of his biographies:

"Galileo di Vincenzo Bonaiuti de' Galilei (/ˌɡælɪˈleɪ.oʊ ˌɡælɪˈleɪ.iˌ/ GAL-ih-LAY-oh GAL-ih-LAY-ee, Italian: [ɡaliˈlɛːo ɡaliˈlɛi]; 15 February 1564 – 8 January 1642), commonly referred to as Galileo, was an Italian astronomer, physicist and engineer, sometimes described as a polymath, from the city of Pisa, then part of the Duchy of Florence.[4] Galileo has been called the "father" of observational astronomy,[5] modern physics,[6][7] the scientific method,[8] and modern science.[9] Galileo Galilei - Wikipedia
I read about his troubles years ago. He was put under House Arrest by his church when his research showed that The earth is not the center of the universe, and that it actually circles the sun. Many years later, they realized he was right.​
2022 - 1642 = 380 years ago.​
I think you have a great love for science, though, Quasar44. :thup:

Such a micro time frame

I can imagine one hundred years from now: candles, spears, bows and arrows, horse-drawn carriages and about seven billion less human souls on planet earth. Welcome to the new frontier.

Such a micro time frame

What makes you think we’re going to be around in 200 years?

"Science in only 200 yrs"

My favorite scientist was Galileo. Here's an excerpt from one of his biographies:

"Galileo di Vincenzo Bonaiuti de' Galilei (/ˌɡælɪˈleɪ.oʊ ˌɡælɪˈleɪ.iˌ/ GAL-ih-LAY-oh GAL-ih-LAY-ee, Italian: [ɡaliˈlɛːo ɡaliˈlɛi]; 15 February 1564 – 8 January 1642), commonly referred to as Galileo, was an Italian astronomer, physicist and engineer, sometimes described as a polymath, from the city of Pisa, then part of the Duchy of Florence.[4] Galileo has been called the "father" of observational astronomy,[5] modern physics,[6][7] the scientific method,[8] and modern science.[9] Galileo Galilei - Wikipedia
I read about his troubles years ago. He was put under House Arrest by his church when his research showed that The earth is not the center of the universe, and that it actually circles the sun. Many years later, they realized he was right.​
2022 - 1642 = 380 years ago.​
I think you have a great love for science, though, Quasar44. :thup:

I've always assumed that Galileo was the giant whose shoulders Newton stood upon ...

Static electricity was known and well studied in the 18th Century ... think Ben Franklin in a lightening storm with a kite and key ... 1800 is the year given for the invention of the voltaic pile, or the battery ... this is when we were first exposed to current electricity ... and all the nastiness that presented the scientific community ... hoot-n-nanny ...

100 years from now we'll have been able to manage our reproduction and human population will be less ... and this will improve the general health of every living thing on the planet ... one is lucky to be born today ...

I've always assumed that Galileo was the giant whose shoulders Newton stood upon ...

Static electricity was known and well studied in the 18th Century ... think Ben Franklin in a lightening storm with a kite and key ... 1800 is the year given for the invention of the voltaic pile, or the battery ... this is when we were first exposed to current electricity ... and all the nastiness that presented the scientific community ... hoot-n-nanny ...

100 years from now we'll have been able to manage our reproduction and human population will be less ... and this will improve the general health of every living thing on the planet ... one is lucky to be born today ...
If the Democrats succeed in turning America into the world's next communist country (aka easy to control human minutia governance apparatus), they will have to kill off 100 million Americans, most of whom do not abort their dna's future by way of abortion. That may seem like a drop in the bucket to a planet that has almost 8 billion humans living here, but its significance is that the world will lose the progeny of the most successful country in the history of the world, all because God blessed America. 💒 May God prosper Americans and protect us from the most murderous government form ever conceived in power-hungry circles--the communist state.

If the Democrats succeed in turning America into the world's next communist country (aka easy to control human minutia governance apparatus), they will have to kill off 100 million Americans, most of whom do not abort their dna's future by way of abortion. That may seem like a drop in the bucket to a planet that has almost 8 billion humans living here, but its significance is that the world will lose the progeny of the most successful country in the history of the world, all because God blessed America. 💒 May God prosper Americans and protect us from the most murderous government form ever conceived in power-hungry circles--the communist state.

That's nice, dear ... very sciency I must admit ...

That's nice, dear ... very sciency I must admit ...
"Sciency" is a funny word. A quarter of those in the scientific community don't think God exists, another quarter distrusts religion, and a full half of them never abuse the Lord's day because they are in church on a weekly basis thanking God for all his goodness in giving mankind a lovely and diverse universe that they believe is still holding God's secrets they don't know enough about yet. It's also funny how those who live in the U.S.A. don't have to worry about someone putting them in jail for believing Galileo's discovery that the sun doesn't revolve around planet Earth because America's law includes a Constitutional amendment #1 that guarantees us the human rights of freedom of speech and freedom of religion.

Oh, yes, and "dear," are you a single guy who thinks a single, short septuagenarian like myself is "available?" An enquiring mind wants to know.

If you mean electric power generation and transmission, more like 130 years ago. There has always been electricity.

Technical advances come in spurts and are not linear. In many ways, we have already hit a technological brick wall in many areas.

Such a micro time frame

Volta: 1799
Newton: 1687
Copernicus: 1530
Eratosthenes: 267 BC - 195 BC
Aristotle: (384-322 B.C)

I believe you are referring to the time frame of the industrial revolution, which started about 1890-1910. I mark the beginning at Newton, about 4 centuries ago. It has been 200 years of amazing technological advancements in power generation and information technology since the start of the industrial revolution. That is really about technology and engineering rather than science and mathematics.

Forum List

Back