Science Journal Nature Says Defining Gender By Genitals ‘Has No Foundation In Science’

Okay, history lesson on gender: Hijras are officially recognized as third gender in countries in the Indian subcontinent,[5][6] being considered neither completely male nor female. Hijras have a recorded history in the Indian subcontinent from antiquity onwards as suggested by the Kama Sutra period.

Gender and sexuality

A group of Hijra in Bangladesh.
These identities have no exact match in the modern Western taxonomy of gender and sexual orientation,[21] and challenge Western ideas of sex and gender.[9]

In India, some Hijras do not define themselves by specific sexual orientation, but rather by renouncing sexuality altogether. Sexual energy is transformed into sacred powers. However, these notions can come in conflict with the practical, which is that hijras are often employed as prostitutes.[22] Furthermore, in India a feminine male who takes a "receptive" role in sex with a man will often identify as a kothi (or the local equivalent term). While kothis are usually distinguished from hijras as a separate gender identity, they often dress as women and act in a feminine manner in public spaces, even using feminine language to refer to themselves and each other. The usual partners of hijras and kothis are men who consider themselves heterosexual as they are the ones who penetrate.[23] These male partners are often married, and any relationships or sex with "kothis" or hijras are usually kept secret from the community at large. Some hijras may form relationships with men and even marry,[24] although their marriage is not usually recognized by law or religion. Hijras and kothis often have a name for these masculine sexual or romantic partners; for example, panthi in Bangladesh, giriya in Delhi or sridhar in Cochin.[20]

Hijras are officially recognized as third gender in countries in the Indian subcontinent,[5][6] being considered neither completely male nor female. Hijras have a recorded history in the Indian subcontinent from antiquity onwards as suggested by the Kama Sutra period.

Date, author and history

A Kamasutra manuscript page preserved in the vaults of the Raghunatha Hindu temple in Jammu & Kashmir.
The original composition date or century for the Kamasutra is unknown. Historians have variously placed it between 400 BCE and 300 CE.[16] According to John Keay, the Kama Sutra is a compendium that was collected into its present form in the 2nd century CE.[17] In contrast, the Indologist Wendy Doniger who has co-translated Kama sutra and published many papers on related Hindu texts, the surviving version of the Kamasutra must have been revised or composed after 225 CE because it mentions the Abhiras and the Andhras dynasties that did not co-rule major regions of ancient India before that year.[18] The text makes no mention of the Gupta Empire which ruled over major urban areas of ancient India, reshaping ancient Indian arts, Hindu culture and economy from the 4th-century through the 6th-century. For these reasons, she dates the Kama sutra to the second half of the 3rd-century CE.[18]

Hijra (Indian subcontinent) - Wikipedia

Kama Sutra - Wikipedia

Okay, I use two Wikipedia pages entries because it is easier

This stuff predates much of what people here would argue from. It is nothing new this recognition that GENDER is a human construct
Hermaphrodites are irrelevant to this conversation.

Gender is in fact identified and correlated to genitalia. In fact the words grow from a similar root.

An exception such as hermaphrodites does not disprove the rule. Just as having twins or triplets or more does not disprove the rule that humans give birth to one child at a time.

Gender as a social construct is not supported by science despite the logical fallacy which the op points out.

It is also a lot more broad than simple bathroom choice. The ludicrous notion of gender as a social construct is allowing athletes to cheat, business owners to cheat the taxpayer and criminals to commit rape.

You can cite many scientists who agree that it is a social construct but you cannot cite empirical or scientific evidence. This is why the science journal editor in the op was not engaging in science but in politics.

Gender is determined by chromosomes XX man XY woman, anything else a genetic abnormality.
your talking about the sex parts (male/female) of people, not gender

please try and keep up

LOL

9FNW9WP.jpg

I wonder if this kind of stuff occurred in the last days of the Roman Empire too.

Science journal Nature finds assigning gender by the genitals one is born with 'has no foundation in science'

They're 100% correct, gender has nothing to do with genitals. If a man gets rid of his penis, he's still a man, merely a mutiliated one.

Gender is determined by chromosomes XX man XY woman, anything else a genetic abnormality.
your talking about the sex parts (male/female) of people, not gender

please try and keep up

LOL

So you fucking think a uterus can be a boy organ?

what the fuck are you talking about? Show me a boy who has a uterus.

The hermophodite happens 1-1500 to 1-2000 births, it is birth defect, just like big ears, type 1 diabetes and mental illness.
true, so what gender would you classify them as?

are you know saying there is a 3rd gender?

think about what you are implying

what gender would you classify hermaphrodites as?

Not true It is relevant because it is one of the first things I asked and you people hare having such a terrible time dealing with a simple question: what gender would you classify hermaphrodites as?

of course, one of you people has come close to an insight with supplication of a third gender classification

Not true It is relevant because it is one of the first things I asked and you people hare having such a terrible time dealing with a simple question: what gender would you classify hermaphrodites as?

of course, one of you people has come close to an insight with supplication of a third gender classification

Quit deflecting...

So you fucking think a uterus can be a boy organ?
please try and keep up even if you can't be honest.

I never said a boy can have a uterus did I?So, what gender would a hermaphrodite be?

.00000002% of the population and that's a deflection from mental conditions..

you people hare having such a terrible time dealing with a simple question: what gender would you classify hermaphrodites as?

Quit deflecting...
Actually it's been over a month since (November 20th) I first posed the question. How can I be deflecting from my own inquiry (D'Oh!) -- you people hare having such a terrible time dealing with a simple question: what gender would you classify hermaphrodites as?

There is no You people here dumbass.

The question is irrelevant and does not altering fact that the science journal is scientifically wrong and full of shit just as you are massively stupid and full.of shit.

Your idiotic question has been answered and you are pwned

Quit deflecting...
Actually it's been over a month since (November 20th) I first posed the question. How can I be deflecting from my own inquiry (D'Oh!) -- you people hare having such a terrible time dealing with a simple question: what gender would you classify hermaphrodites as?

There is no third or need for a third you have been answered now suck it up boy

The hermophodite happens 1-1500 to 1-2000 births, it is birth defect, just like big ears, type 1 diabetes and mental illness.

Depends on the chromosomes. They are either male or female.

People that are gender confused have a mental illness.

Depends on the chromosomes. They are either male or female.

People that are gender confused have a mental illness.

chromosomes, so both a boy and a girl can have a penis? That is what you are saying? A hermaphrodite with a penis, but chromosomes that say girl is .. a girl with a penis?

is that how you want to defend gender as being biological and not a human construct?

Forum List

Back