Science Proves the Bible Again

Well, if there is no creator, then we're forced to believe that existence came about on its own, which is impossible.
Which is just another restatement of your dubious premise. Notice this is all you are left with...your "Alamo"...to stomp your feet and insist it is impossible...

It's a "dubious" premise to state that there is nothing that can cause itself to come into existence? Ok, genius, show me.

We know that the universe had a beginning.
No we don't. We think all we can observe had a beginning. But that doesn't mean "nothing" preceded that beginning.

This is yet another dubious premise...something you insist, unqualified, as true. Then it is left to everyone else to sift through what you actually mean, and what we actually know.

It's a "dubious" premise to state that there is nothing that can cause itself to come into existence?
Correct. It is unqualified and unsupported as a fact, save for determinism in what we can observe within our finite horizon. Furthermore, when extrapolated to "everything there is", there is no good reason to assume a beginning.

But you certainly don't mind imagining something that has no beginning; you only mind when others do so. I see you have rigged the game nicely for yourself that way.

We know that the universe had a beginning.
No we don't. We think all we can observe had a beginning. But that doesn't mean "nothing" preceded that beginning.

This is yet another dubious premise...something you insist, unqualified, as true. Then it is left to everyone else to sift through what you actually mean, and what we actually know.

Now you're in "prove that we're having this conversation" territory. Thanks for playing.

It's a "dubious" premise to state that there is nothing that can cause itself to come into existence?
Correct. It is unqualified and unsupported as a fact, save for determinism in what we can observe within our finite horizon. Furthermore, when extrapolated ro "everything there is", there is no good reason to assume a beginning.

The onus is upon you to demonstrate something that can cause itself to come into existence. You can't because your belief system defies logic and science.

It's logical to believe that the universe caused itself to come into existence? Sorry, but I stopped believing childhood fairy tales when I was 7.
Only with evidence. I don't know. You invent sky fairies.

Absolutely. One merely has to invent an entity.
A creator.
Yes, your invention.

Well, if there is no creator, then we're forced to believe that existence came about on its own, which is impossible. Like I said, it doesn't take an astrophysicist.
If it's impossible, then where did God come from?

Do we agree that there had to be something, or someone, that has always existed and who didn't need another to cause it to exist?

So you're saying that not everything has a cause?

Now you're in "prove that we're having this conversation" territory.
And you are in "proving a magical sky daddy designed all of it" territory.

And you are wrong anyway, as you have inverted your logic. You are conflating the idea that even a wealth of evidence doesn't mean something is absolutely certain ("our conversation") with my actual idea that we actually have little to no evidence of "all there is", and of that everything had a beginning.

But you claim to have all the evidence you will ever need. Good for you. You would have said the same thing with the same arguments in the year 100. I, however, do not accept that there had to be a creator, itself infinite. This is your simple assertion, and i reject it. You have not a shred of evidence that this is so, much less any support for some kind of design. It can all be explained other ways. And every time anything is explained, you operate within the new framework of knowledge. Because you have no choice, lest you be taken for a fool.

And really, that's fine by me. Fine, assert a creator. It doesn't really get in the way to do so. To borrow your phrase, "it doesn't take an astrophysicist" to point at something and cackle, "god did that!"

Last edited:
The onus is upon you to demonstrate something that can cause itself to come into existence.
In order to assert it as possible? No it isn't. You are the one asserting it is impossible. You have it backwards.

And I would like you to describe precisely what sort of thing you are asking for as "proof". You "never something from nothing" guys like to move the bar a lot. I suppose you have that luxury, when you have "magic!" at your rhetorical disposal.

When we learned that particles can pop into existence in empty space, you just moved the bar to say, "that's not from nothing". When we learned it possible that our entire, observable universe (and a lot we can't yet observe, but will eventually) could "pop" into existence from nothing (no space, no time, no energy), you simply moved the bar to say that's not "from nothing". Of course, not a single one of you dares to explain what there is instead of "nothing", or to produce any science to back up such an assertion.

But again...who cares? Your stance contributes nothing to science and gets in the way of nothing in science.

There's your "nothing", haha

How do you know there is no other planet like Earth? Obviously you don't.

smh. We've been over this. It's in Genesis and Noah's flood. That's why there is no other planet like Earth. Our probes have found it so. Scientifically, we have the fine tuning facts to show that it does not happen. Life is rare. We can use probabilities to see if we'll find another planet like ours and chances of that are slim and none.

Such conclusions are rather premature. The scientific exploration of space is really a very young science. Radio telescopes and the Hubble are relatively new technologies within the last several decades.

Nothing about the universe shows fine tuning, unless you want to represent cometary bombardment of planets, meteor strikes (have you heard of that little dalliance on this planet that occured 65 million years age), cosmic radiation, galaxy collisions, etc., fine tuning. The fact is, space is a hostile environment to life.

The discovery of life elsewhere in our solar system or elsewhere in our galaxy would be utterly devastating to the religious articles as “creation” is uniquely an earthly event. Send a probe to Mars, scan the universe with Hubble, explore space with radio telescopes and search for life off the planet Earth. This is what science is doing. What religionists are doing to establish their suppositions... well, forgive the irony, but, god only knows.

This is science that is observable, testable and falsifiable because it is based on fine tuning facts and probabilities. I am predicting what we will not find in the future based on probabilities and what fine tuning parameters have to be met. Let's just say that you do not understand what the Earth is comprised of and probabilities. As for the rest, you believe in bull puckey, so that isn't my problem. We have not observed life anywhere else nor evidence of what you claim on Earth. Earth is special. It isn't mediocre. If it was mediocre in terms of habitability, then I would not say it. However, the secular, i.e. atheist scientists, say that because the creation scientists say the Earth is special. They are in denial of God and his beautiful, wonderful and SPECIAL creation.

The following is from theistic evos. At least, they understand science if not how God does things. It talks about Carl Sagan who died with the knowledge of no aliens and that he was wrong. I predict that most of the non-believers will die the same way.

The Universe: Evidence for Its Fine Tuning
None of that is actually evidence. You have been lied to again by another paid liar.

It's evidence found by Stephen Hawking and his people. Are you calling them paid liars? It's so hot that they chose to deliberately ignore it and go with multiverses lie-pothesis in order make the odds better for the Earth not being special. To the contrary, the Earth and Sun are special. Earth is special because it hosts a wide variety of life and intelligent life. What other planet has that? None. It also has the following characteristics which the secular scientists have not been able to find:
  • the existence of water at the Earth’s surface—neither too much nor too little—that is in liquid form
  • proximity to the sun—neither too much heat nor too little
  • system of plate tectonics that enables the carbon-silicate cycle regulating temperature
  • the right size—large enough to hang on to its atmosphere, but not so large to hold on to too much atmosphere and consequently too much heat
  • its protection by “big brother Jupiter,” whose gravity helps divert and vacuum up incoming debris and keep Earth safe
  • the moon’s stabilizing effect on our planetary rotation, which prevents the poles from shifting unexpectedly
The Earth's solar flares are just right. If not, then the believers and non-believers would all be roasted "sitting ducks."

What Makes Earth So Unique?

Stellar Superflare Reminder: Our Sun Is Special

The consensus of what the evidence shows is zero evidence for a creator.

Wrong. You got it ass-backwards. The evidence shows zero evidence for big bang and abiogenesis. There is even more mountains of evidence against macroevolution, evolutionary thinking and history. More people believe in a creator than multiverses or aliens. Besides, how can some natural or physical event start the beginning of space and time?

smh. We've been over this. It's in Genesis and Noah's flood. That's why there is no other planet like Earth. Our probes have found it so. Scientifically, we have the fine tuning facts to show that it does not happen. Life is rare. We can use probabilities to see if we'll find another planet like ours and chances of that are slim and none.
What you fail to understand is that Genesis doesn't mean jack to a rational person. Genesis is fiction. It's a collection of stories conceived of by savages. It's not science. When you refer to Genesis, you may as well refer to Alice in Wonderland, for all the scientific relevance it has.

Our probes are not capable of determining whether planets circling other stars are like Earth, so that claim is utterly fatuous.

What the hell are "fine tuning facts?" At this point we have no idea what the frequency of life in the galaxy is. Your claims are based on complete ignorance. You can't use "probabilities" when you have no clue what they are.

You are spouting terms when you have no clue about their true meaning.

The consensus of what the evidence shows is zero evidence for a creator.

Wrong. You got it ass-backwards. The evidence shows zero evidence for big bang and abiogenesis. There is even more mountains of evidence against macroevolution, evolutionary thinking and history. More people believe in a creator than multiverses or aliens. Besides, how can some natural or physical event start the beginning of space and time?

Wrong. There is no evidence for a creator, period. Who cares what people believe? We're talking about facts. What people believe is often false.

Such conclusions are rather premature. The scientific exploration of space is really a very young science. Radio telescopes and the Hubble are relatively new technologies within the last several decades.

Nothing about the universe shows fine tuning, unless you want to represent cometary bombardment of planets, meteor strikes (have you heard of that little dalliance on this planet that occured 65 million years age), cosmic radiation, galaxy collisions, etc., fine tuning. The fact is, space is a hostile environment to life.

The discovery of life elsewhere in our solar system or elsewhere in our galaxy would be utterly devastating to the religious articles as “creation” is uniquely an earthly event. Send a probe to Mars, scan the universe with Hubble, explore space with radio telescopes and search for life off the planet Earth. This is what science is doing. What religionists are doing to establish their suppositions... well, forgive the irony, but, god only knows.

This is science that is observable, testable and falsifiable because it is based on fine tuning facts and probabilities. I am predicting what we will not find in the future based on probabilities and what fine tuning parameters have to be met. Let's just say that you do not understand what the Earth is comprised of and probabilities. As for the rest, you believe in bull puckey, so that isn't my problem. We have not observed life anywhere else nor evidence of what you claim on Earth. Earth is special. It isn't mediocre. If it was mediocre in terms of habitability, then I would not say it. However, the secular, i.e. atheist scientists, say that because the creation scientists say the Earth is special. They are in denial of God and his beautiful, wonderful and SPECIAL creation.

The following is from theistic evos. At least, they understand science if not how God does things. It talks about Carl Sagan who died with the knowledge of no aliens and that he was wrong. I predict that most of the non-believers will die the same way.

None of that is actually evidence. You have been lied to again by another paid liar.

It's evidence found by Stephen Hawking and his people. Are you calling them paid liars? It's so hot that they chose to deliberately ignore it and go with multiverses lie-pothesis in order make the odds better for the Earth not being special. To the contrary, the Earth and Sun are special. Earth is special because it hosts a wide variety of life and intelligent life. What other planet has that? None. It also has the following characteristics which the secular scientists have not been able to find:
  • the existence of water at the Earth’s surface—neither too much nor too little—that is in liquid form
  • system of plate tectonics that enables the carbon-silicate cycle regulating temperature
  • the right size—large enough to hang on to its atmosphere, but not so large to hold on to too much atmosphere and consequently too much heat
  • its protection by “big brother Jupiter,” whose gravity helps divert and vacuum up incoming debris and keep Earth safe
  • the moon’s stabilizing effect on our planetary rotation, which prevents the poles from shifting unexpectedly
The Earth's solar flares are just right. If not, then the believers and non-believers would all be roasted "sitting ducks."

Yes. The earth’s gravity was just enough to cause an object to strike the planet 65 million years ago obliterating most life.

That’s some special fine tuning.

There are two moons in our solar system that are covered with water.

:290968001256257790-final:What you said isn't true. Moreover, can you tell the difference between a planet and a moon?

I don't expect an answer because you're a :290968001256257790-final:.
It is true. Europa and Enceladus are both completely covered by a layer of water than then a layer of ice. Check it out on Wiki before you make a fool of yourself.

Enceladus - Wikipedia

Europa (moon) - Wikipedia

Ice is a state of water. We want the liquid state. Single cells do not grow in ice when it is too cold as found by testing in Antarctica. Try again haha.

Cutting and pasting from the charlatans at AIG is a sure way to lose credibility.

Otherwise, did you know the gods fine tuned the rotation of the planet and the tilt on its axis at just the precise speed and angle, along with their fine tuning of convection currents, to create what we know as twisters or tornadoes which kill people relentlessly?

Those gods, they’re such kidders.

Forum List

Back