Scientific American demands an end to racial intelligence investigations

The inventor of IQ scores - Binet - was trying to find a way to ID students who would/might need extra help with the cirriculum. He never made the claims that we in the US college admissions offices associate with IQ tests. I'm not sure it's worth pursuing this line of inquiry - as I understand it, there's v. little genetic difference among the varieties of man. But I suppose we can't resist opening Pandora's Box, even if it's just a crack, just a glimpse. What harm can it do, after all ...

It's not just IQ tests - it's all standardized tests. ACT SAT MCAT LSAT GMAT. Even cop and fireman tests. Blacks are always at the bottom and whites/asians at the top. The fact that asians do so well shows the tests are NOT culturally biased.

As for opening pandora's box, blacks have brought this on themselves by insisting on affirmative action. As long as whites are punished for black failure, whites have a right to question just how equal blacks are.

(My bold)

Nah, not ALL Blacks are @ the bottom nor ALL Caucasian/Asians @ the top. What you can see is that the cultures that value learning - most Jewish, most Asian (Japan, China, S. Korea), segments of India TEND to be @ the top of these scores. That suggests that if you surround babies/children with reading & academic culture as they can absorb it, they will tend to perform better academically than their peers. If you continue the process - constantly exposing & raising academic performance each generation, you wind up with a much better academic outcome in the end. (Except that there is no real end, of course.)

So it's something we could all do, in theory. It would mean turning off the idiot box, reading more, & better content - ask a librarian for help, they're always willing to help, in my experience - read the daily paper, talk to your kids about their schoolwork, homework, what they want to do in life, help them along & encourage their academic pursuits. Talk about the wider World outside the family.

Of course, you have to shoehorn all this stuff in with the daily grind. But incremental change will have an effect, & not all children are natural scholars. You do the best you can with what you have, & the time & resources that you have to hand. But public libraries are there, you've paid for them, you might as well enjoy what they're there to offer. The same for museums, parks, other recreation.

It's possible to raise academic performance. Mostly it's a question of mindedness - of keeping the end in mind & finding ways to approach it.

[
Nah, not ALL Blacks are @ the bottom nor ALL Caucasian/Asians @ the top.

HAHAHA. Again the board catches you in a blatant lie. No one said ALL blacks are at the bottom. Everyone agrees there are some (though not many) smart blacks, so stop knocking down straw men.

But the black RACE is always at the bottom in standardized tests.

The inventor of IQ scores - Binet - was trying to find a way to ID students who would/might need extra help with the cirriculum. He never made the claims that we in the US college admissions offices associate with IQ tests. I'm not sure it's worth pursuing this line of inquiry - as I understand it, there's v. little genetic difference among the varieties of man. But I suppose we can't resist opening Pandora's Box, even if it's just a crack, just a glimpse. What harm can it do, after all ...

It's not just IQ tests - it's all standardized tests. ACT SAT MCAT LSAT GMAT. Even cop and fireman tests. Blacks are always at the bottom and whites/asians at the top. The fact that asians do so well shows the tests are NOT culturally biased.

As for opening pandora's box, blacks have brought this on themselves by insisting on affirmative action. As long as whites are punished for black failure, whites have a right to question just how equal blacks are.

(My bold)

Nah, not ALL Blacks are @ the bottom nor ALL Caucasian/Asians @ the top. What you can see is that the cultures that value learning - most Jewish, most Asian (Japan, China, S. Korea), segments of India TEND to be @ the top of these scores. That suggests that if you surround babies/children with reading & academic culture as they can absorb it, they will tend to perform better academically than their peers. If you continue the process - constantly exposing & raising academic performance each generation, you wind up with a much better academic outcome in the end. (Except that there is no real end, of course.)

So it's something we could all do, in theory. It would mean turning off the idiot box, reading more, & better content - ask a librarian for help, they're always willing to help, in my experience - read the daily paper, talk to your kids about their schoolwork, homework, what they want to do in life, help them along & encourage their academic pursuits. Talk about the wider World outside the family.

Of course, you have to shoehorn all this stuff in with the daily grind. But incremental change will have an effect, & not all children are natural scholars. You do the best you can with what you have, & the time & resources that you have to hand. But public libraries are there, you've paid for them, you might as well enjoy what they're there to offer. The same for museums, parks, other recreation.

It's possible to raise academic performance. Mostly it's a question of mindedness - of keeping the end in mind & finding ways to approach it.

Have you done this with your children? Do you let your children play vidio games.

Huey - Sure, we've all always had library cards. We go to parks, museums, civic festivals, open houses, national parks. We hit the local events. & yah, he plays video games - but it's his area of study, he has a Ba. Sc. in game design. Good PC skills, too.

We're all readers, there's lots of information out there. Local history is interesting, too.

AA is the biggest hate crime in history. And it doesn't even work. 40 years of AA has not advanced blacks.

If you live in a dual income household, with two working parents, you should be grateful for the advances that "AA" has brought to white females in the workforce.

since educational achievement is the leading indicator of socio-economic status and white females have historically been one of the leading demographic groups in this area could you please explain how white women have been advanced, as a demographic group, over more qualified ethnic minority groups?

I'll wait for proof of this.

AA is the biggest hate crime in history. And it doesn't even work. 40 years of AA has not advanced blacks.

If you live in a dual income household, with two working parents, you should be grateful for the advances that "AA" has brought to white females in the workforce.

since educational achievement is the leading indicator of socio-economic status and white females have historically been one of the leading demographic groups in this area could you please explain how white women have been advanced, as a demographic group, over more qualified ethnic minority groups?

Your question is not specific enough, considering that you tend to look at society through a "black and white" filter. The following link to a training module, is probably a little over your head, but many of the supporting facts are extracted from government stats. From here, you can find other resources that may enlighten you.

Who are the Intended Beneficiaries of Affirmative Action? [NC ...
Who are the Intended Beneficiaries of Affirmative Action? [NC State University Affirmative Action in Employment Training]
According to the United States Labor Department, the primary beneficiaries of affirmative action are white women.

Your question is not specific enough, considering that you tend to look at society through a "black and white" filter. The following link to a training module, is probably a little over your head, but many of the supporting facts are extracted from government stats. From here, you can find other resources that may enlighten you.

Who are the Intended Beneficiaries of Affirmative Action? [NC State University Affirmative Action in Employment Training]
According to the United States Labor Department, the primary beneficiaries of affirmative action are white women.

you failed to prove anything,where is the data?

ps it was you that first mentioned white women

Last edited:
As evidence mounts that the differences in average intelligence between the races are largely genetic there will be more hysterical efforts to suppress this evidence. Eventually the constraints of political correctness will fall as suddenly and thoroughly as the Soviet Union, and it will be safe to tell the truth in public.

Pullleeeeezzzz.....

You put far too much faith in the science, the genetics that you attribute to blacks.

Pick up some books about the Irish when they came to America.....the pictures painted of them was even worse.

1. The living conditions was readily conducive to violence, alcoholism, and crime. And the native population quickly moved out of neighborhoods en masse as the immigrants moved in. They were characterized as drunkards, brawlers, and incompetents.

a. “The first blacks to move into Harlem were middle-class Negroes who left the black enclave in mid-Manhattan around the turn of the century to get away from the Irish living nearby.” Thomas Sowell, “Ethnic America,” p.39.

b. The Irish had similar relations with the Scotch-Irish, the Germans, the Italians, and the Jews. Wittke, “The Irish in America,” p. 183,189,190.

Coulter, in "Mugged," makes the valid and supported point that the main bar to blacks advancement was the "help" of Liberals.

As I stated, the link that was in my response to you was over your head, as you just proved. Click it and TRY to comprehend.

Last edited:

As I stated, the link that waonion my response to you was over your head, as you just proved. Click it and TRY to comprehend.

it was a biased training module

no data

As I stated, the link that waonion my response to you was over your head, as you just proved. Click it and TRY to comprehend.

no data

Anything that you do not agree with or are unable to comprehend is "biased" in your myopic view.

over my head?

I have been to those barinwashing sessions at work.
Myopic view? Ever think it's you ?

sure, I believe your unreferenced source

then again, I'm a French model

Dimon-State-Farm.png

no data

Anything that you do not agree with or are unable to comprehend is "biased" in your myopic view.

over my head?

Dimon-State-Farm.png

I am not investing any energy in trying to get you to "believe" anything.

All that I did was to provide a source that may prompt you to seek your own truth, so here is a clue.

In the first slide of the link that I posted, the goals of the Department of Labor are mentioned.

From there you are on your own.

A model? So in the picture are you trying ask the girl for her telephone number?

Last edited:
Coulter, in "Mugged," makes the valid and supported point that the main bar to blacks advancement was the "help" of Liberals.

That's a wonderful book though i think ann is wrong in claiming that liberal ideas like welfare and AA have held back blacks. Fact is blacks are mentally inferior and cannot make it on their own . They will always need the white man to take care of them.

over my head?

Dimon-State-Farm.png

All that I did was to provide a source that may prompt you to seek your own truth, so here is a clue.

In the first slide of the link that I posted, the goals of the Department of Labor are mentioned.

A model? So in the picture are you trying ask the girl for her telephone number?

she is explaining that everthing you see on the internet is true

over my head?

Dimon-State-Farm.png

she is explaining that everthing you see on the internet is true

That being the case, the poor schlub she is telling that to should run in the other direction.

As evidence mounts that the differences in average intelligence between the races are largely genetic there will be more hysterical efforts to suppress this evidence. Eventually the constraints of political correctness will fall as suddenly and thoroughly as the Soviet Union, and it will be safe to tell the truth in public.

Pullleeeeezzzz.....

You put far too much faith in the science, the genetics that you attribute to blacks.

Pick up some books about the Irish when they came to America.....the pictures painted of them was even worse.

1. The living conditions was readily conducive to violence, alcoholism, and crime. And the native population quickly moved out of neighborhoods en masse as the immigrants moved in. They were characterized as drunkards, brawlers, and incompetents.

a. “The first blacks to move into Harlem were middle-class Negroes who left the black enclave in mid-Manhattan around the turn of the century to get away from the Irish living nearby.” Thomas Sowell, “Ethnic America,” p.39.

b. The Irish had similar relations with the Scotch-Irish, the Germans, the Italians, and the Jews. Wittke, “The Irish in America,” p. 183,189,190.

When Irish moved to the United States cities in Ireland like Dublin were vastly superior to villages in sub Saharan Africa. When reactionaries like Ann Coulter blame liberals for the deficiencies of blacks they are making concessions to the constraints of political correctness.

That's a wonderful book though i think ann is wrong in claiming that liberal ideas like welfare and AA have held back blacks. Fact is blacks are mentally inferior and cannot make it on their own . They will always need the white man to take care of them.

Blacks would be a lot worse off without welfare and affirmative action. Anyone who argues otherwise is delusional. When those programs come to an end black poverty will increase dramatically. Just wait and see.

Last edited:

Blacks would be a lot worse off without welfare and affirmative action. Anyone who argues otherwise is delusional. When those programs come to an end black poverty will increase dramatically. Just wait and see.

The black population did much better collectively PRIOR to affirmative action because there were more black business people who had ownership in predominately black communities because there were very limited outside options available, which made it necessary for black people to pull together and support one another.

And as far as "welfare" goes, in terms of sheer numbers affected when the program ends, the poverty rate will increase dramatically for anyone who is on the program, no matter what their race might be.

That's the real reason for welfare and AA. It was never about "giving blacks a chance". Everybody knows blacks can't make it on merit outside of pro sports and so we have to take care of them.

Forum List

Back