Scientists Discover a Self-Replicating Protein Structure, And It Could Have Built The First Life on

Where are these molecules coming from?
There are many possible sources for these molecules so there is no way to say for sure. They exist today so they certainly existed at the beginning.
Amino acids and proteins come from animals and plants. In other words, living things.

So how can you use amino acids and proteins in self replicating molecules unless plants and/or animals were in existence before that?

I tried to explain this to you before but your only interest was in arguing for what you believed. Even though what you believed was impossible to occur. So let me try again... life had to begin with long chains of organic molecules that resembled amino acids and folded themselves in the exact correct sequence according to chance. In this explanation there is no self replication. There is only chance.
I don't know that life had to begin with long chains of organic molecules that resembled amino acids and neither do you.

No, you don't.

I just showed you in the other thread.

Proteins evolve faster than DNA, and you couldn't tell me why.

But I know why. It's actually pretty easy to understand.
You'll need to elaborate I'm afraid.

Proteins are assembled by process that consumes mRNA which in turn is generated from DNA, anyone can read about this, they don't need to be a biochemist to appreciate the process at a logical level anyway.

I suspect you're alluding to something, perhaps hoping to enlighten (impress?) us, well go ahead, enlighten us.

No, we don't have all the answers, but we're still looking.
We'll never have all the answers as they just generate new questions.

Scientists Discover a Self-Replicating Protein Structure, And It Could Have Built The First Life on Earth
Mike McRae - 4 Mar 2018 - sciencealert.com
Scientists Discover a Self-Replicating Protein Structure, And It Could Have Built The First Life on Earth

Roughly 4 billion years ago an assortment of complex organic compounds went from being mere carbon soup to replicating biochemistry – the first steps to life on Earth.​
The order of these steps has been a source of debate for decades. Now, a recent discovery about a common protein structure could help tip the balance, bringing us closer to understanding just how we came to be here.​
Researchers from Eidgenössische Technische Hochschule (ETH) in Zürich have demonstrated that short strands of amyloid protein structures can direct the selection of amino acids to build even more amyloids.​
If the word amyloid doesn't sound familiar, they're a protein structure that's increasingly being found all over the place in nature.​
[.....]​

`
ty

I'm placing you on probation. Please comply with the rules for discussions that should be and not the rules that are observed.

I don't know of any other possibility in science of there being another alternative.

I don't know of any other possibility in science of there being another alternative.
If that were the case you wouldn't believe that non-living things were subject to biological evolution.

Before the first cell existed - which is what we are discussing - there was nothing to biologically evolve.

If that were the case you wouldn't believe that non-living things were subject to biological evolution.
They 'were' subject to biological evolution before they were fossilized. Some mere rocks were subject to biologica; evolution!

And that's leaving out dead things that 'were' when they were living.

I'm taking your comments in good faith so don't cross over the line. I'm already sensing a spirit in you that isn't conducive to a discussion.

There are many possible sources for these molecules so there is no way to say for sure. They exist today so they certainly existed at the beginning.
Of the 92 natural elements, ninety-nine percent of the living matter we know is composed of just four: hydrogen (H), oxygen (O), nitrogen (N), and carbon (C).

Until a living cell exists these elements form chemical bonds and are not subject to natural selection or biological evolution. Chemical bonds are the basis for the structure and properties of matter, and they are formed by the attraction between atoms or ions. The attraction is caused by opposite charges, either between electrons and nuclei, or as the result of a dipole attraction.

So until a living cell exists there is no natural selection or evolution. There is only chemical bonds and chance.

They 'were' subject to biological evolution before they were fossilized. Some mere rocks were subject to biologica; evolution!

And that's leaving out dead things that 'were' when they were living.

I'm taking your comments in good faith so don't cross over the line. I'm already sensing a spirit in you that isn't conducive to a discussion.
Biological evolution occurs in living things. Natural selection requires a reproductive process to pass down genetics.

Forum List

Back