Scott relaxes ‘Stay Home’ rules to allow small gatherings, outdoor recreation

Hellbilly

Platinum Member
Oct 13, 2016
Multi-Dimensional Warrior
Vermonters received state approval Wednesday to start socializing again on a limited basis.

The state also paved the way for the reopening of low-contact outdoor recreation including ballfields, skate parks, trail networks, golf courses and tennis courts.
In an addendum to his March 13 executive order, which carried “stay home/stay safe” details to limit the spread of Covid-19, Gov. Phil Scott on May 6 said that Vermonters may leave home and resume some get-togethers, preferably outside and 6 feet apart.

The original order, which limited gatherings to 10 people or less, stays in place. It is now due to expire May 15. And he said vulnerable people, such as those over the age of 65 or suffering from certain health conditions, should not start socializing yet.

For everyone else, the addendum opens the door to connect in person with others from “trusted households,” such as family, neighbors and friends known to be following the recommendations from the Department of Health and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention

regarding precautions such as social distancing and hand-washing.

“There is no specific set of guidelines or enforcement measures we can put into place,” said Scott. “We need Vermonters to use some common sense during these visits. If we do, it means kids can play together” and friends can resume some of the in-person conversations they have

missed during nearly two months of social distancing, he said.
Common sense and a little patience.

It was our anniversary the other day so me and the SO heard our favorite seafood restaurant was reopening on "a limited basis" with strict "social distancing" at the outdoor patio so we decided to go see what's what. We got there and about a dozen people were all spaced out and it was not too bad. Shortly after ordering another twenty people came in and the restaurant seated them with no regard for common sense. Not a mask in sight. Suddenly crowded by dumb-asses my girlfriend about had an anxiety attack. We got our food to go and waited for it in the truck. No tip.

That's what "responsible" social distancing is in America. A fucking joke. This thing is going to tear rural America an new asshole if that recent experience is any indication. City people are already aware of their personal space but country people just can't keep their hands off each other.

It was our anniversary the other day so me and the SO heard our favorite seafood restaurant was reopening on "a limited basis" with strict "social distancing" at the outdoor patio so we decided to go see what's what. We got there and about a dozen people were all spaced out and it was not too bad. Shortly after ordering another twenty people came in and the restaurant seated them with no regard for common sense. Not a mask in sight. Suddenly crowded by dumb-asses my girlfriend about had an anxiety attack. We got our food to go and waited for it in the truck. No tip.

That's what "responsible" social distancing is in America. A fucking joke. This thing is going to tear rural America an new asshole if that recent experience is any indication. City people are already aware of their personal space but country people just can't keep their hands off each other.
God, you're SUCH a drama queen! Stay home, Occupied! We'll let you know when it OK to come out!

Vermont is literally the most rural state in the country.

You know that, right?
And your point?

?
Ummmm population density?
• Density67.7/sq mi (26.1/km2)
• Density rank30th
Sounds like a damn nice state. But, has an income tax.

It's the most rural state in the country. That's based on how much of the population lives in an urban area. It's fiftieth. Not the same as population density.

As far as income tax (or sales taxes) you can just cross the Connecticut River. Poof, gone.

You know that, right?
And your point?

?
• Density rank30th

It's the most rural state in the country. That's based on how much of the population lives in an urban area. It's fiftieth. Not the same as population density.

As far as income tax (or sales taxes) you can just cross the Connecticut River. Poof, gone.
Rural states are where it at. Ant hill living is for schmucks.

You know that, right?
And your point?

?
• Density rank30th

Rural states are where it at. Ant hill living is for schmucks.

I know right. I love living in a place where I can literally hear snowflakes fall.

Yes, I’m sure it would’ve killed you.....

Forum List

Back