Scott Walker On Evolution: 'I Am Going To Punt On That One'

No sir, I am not moving any goalposts. Creationists are not qualified to be president for the simple fact that they have repeatedly stated that they stated intend is to destroy our education system, which will also destroy our economy. anyone who believes they have a right to force their religious beliefs on others is not fit to govern in a free society. This has nothing to do with bigotry. Obviously you don't even know what the word means.

Absolutely, it is a denial of science. Don't be naive. Anyone who believes the universe is 6,000 years old is not fit to govern an advanced technological society such as ours. Anyone who believes that the Flintstones is a documentary is not fit to govern. Period.

You are the one who claimed that most of our presidents are creationists. It's your claim to prove. have at it.

Just because people believe in Creationism does not mean that they believe the Earth is 6,000 years old.
Very few Christians who believe in Creation believe that.

Then they don't believe in creationism. I don't know where you people have been living these past 30 years, but it is clear that many creationists hold to a silly notion of very young Earth. We've been fighting them, actually, since Darwin published Origin of Species.

Most the people that I know don't believe in your version of creationism. Most of those that I know don't believe in creationism is a denial of science, nor do they state that they want to destroy the education system. I'm not sure,where you are getting your info but I believe it is wrong.

Then you don't know many creationists. Creationists don't believe in the biological theory of evolution, nor do they believe in an old Earth (~4.57 bya). They have argued that creationism should be taught as science in the science classes in our schools. Some of them, like Ken Ham, believe that Dinosaurs and Humans co-existed (they believe that the Flintstones is a documentary, apparently). And sir, it is not MY version of creationism. I am a geologist, and so fully subscribe to the biological theory of evolution. I am also an amateur astronomer, and so fully subscribe to the Big Bang theory of cosmology. Maybe you have come to the table after everyone has sat down, but this is the way it is and has been for decades.

I know many creationists most are very reasonable. Sort of the Muslim thing, you only hear about the radicals.

But that doesn't stop you from lumping everyone into one.

I haven't met a single one that knew what he/she was talking about. And I have talked to many. If you are concerned that I am lumping people together, then have at it. Don't be shy. Tell us what creationism, in your view, is all about and why it should be considered scientifically valid? (this should be entertaining)

OMG! You are willfully ignorant and don't even know it.

THIS is creationism in all its shameful glory:

www.creationism.org

I don't care that someone created a website, and you somehow think that it's an all encapsulating view of creationism. Probably 99.9 percent of creationists haven't even been to that website. Creationism is simply a traditional view that God created life. It doesn't mean that God isn't beholden to scientific concepts. It doesn't even mean that evolution isn't a valid concept. People like you want it to be a litmus test for enlightened vs. unenlightened because it soothes your bigotry.

I hate having to educate people who don't bother to keep up with current events. Have you not heard of the Dover trial? The Supreme Court rulings on creationism, etc? Does any of this ring a bell? Where were you when all of this was going on? Why aren't you, an apparently professed creationist taking your own people to task on the USMB forums when they go on and on about how the Earth is 6,000 years old and radiocarbon dating is a fraud as is the big bang? And how Noah's ark was real, and not a fable. And humans and dinosaurs coexisted. Where were you, gatsby?

If Scotty wants to be president - he'll have to answer many of these important questions during debates.

No shit, that's what I have been saying, the format in London was not the time or the place.

Why not?
The problem is, this is an economic trip to help with trade with our state. This isn't the time, nor the place, to be trying to play "gotcha" with irrelevant questions. Of course, by not answering the question, throws all those who dislike Governor Walker into a tizzy, now with some more fodder to complain about. They didn't hear what they wanted to hear, so it has managed to explode all over the news.

If Scotty wants to be president - he'll have to answer many of these important questions during debates.

No shit, that's what I have been saying, the format in London was not the time or the place.

Why not?
The problem is, this is an economic trip to help with trade with our state. This isn't the time, nor the place, to be trying to play "gotcha" with irrelevant questions. Of course, by not answering the question, throws all those who dislike Governor Walker into a tizzy, now with some more fodder to complain about. They didn't hear what they wanted to hear, so it has managed to explode all over the news.

If he is going to run for president then he has to learn to expect people to ask any question at any time. And to respond to them instead of running from them. That is the way it is and always has been. If he can't handle it, he should reconsider running.

Just because people believe in Creationism does not mean that they believe the Earth is 6,000 years old.
Very few Christians who believe in Creation believe that.

Then they don't believe in creationism. I don't know where you people have been living these past 30 years, but it is clear that many creationists hold to a silly notion of very young Earth. We've been fighting them, actually, since Darwin published Origin of Species.

Most the people that I know don't believe in your version of creationism. Most of those that I know don't believe in creationism is a denial of science, nor do they state that they want to destroy the education system. I'm not sure,where you are getting your info but I believe it is wrong.

Then you don't know many creationists. Creationists don't believe in the biological theory of evolution, nor do they believe in an old Earth (~4.57 bya). They have argued that creationism should be taught as science in the science classes in our schools. Some of them, like Ken Ham, believe that Dinosaurs and Humans co-existed (they believe that the Flintstones is a documentary, apparently). And sir, it is not MY version of creationism. I am a geologist, and so fully subscribe to the biological theory of evolution. I am also an amateur astronomer, and so fully subscribe to the Big Bang theory of cosmology. Maybe you have come to the table after everyone has sat down, but this is the way it is and has been for decades.

I know many creationists most are very reasonable. Sort of the Muslim thing, you only hear about the radicals.

I haven't met a single one that knew what he/she was talking about. And I have talked to many. If you are concerned that I am lumping people together, then have at it. Don't be shy. Tell us what creationism, in your view, is all about and why it should be considered scientifically valid? (this should be entertaining)

Did I say I believed in creationism? I'll go back and look, and see where I said that. I never said that it should be taught in school. I think you ASSume a lot, I think tolerance is a key, in all things. Everyone has a right to believe what they like. I'm not sure why some people aren't tolerant, especially those that claim to be tolerant.

Did I say I believed in creationism? I'll go back and look, and see where I said that. I never said that it should be taught in school. I think you ASSume a lot, I think tolerance is a key, in all things. Everyone has a right to believe what they like. I'm not sure why some people aren't tolerant, especially those that claim to be tolerant.

Explain to me why I should tolerate a public school board with creationist members who insist that evolution be taken out of science books and the classroom, and that creationism should be taught in the classroom instead? Explain that.

Look, it is okay to have an open mind as long as you don't let your brains fall out.

LONDON -- Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker (R) on Wednesday dodged a question about whether he believes in evolution.

Speaking at the Chatham House foreign policy think tank London, Walker was asked: "Are you comfortable with the idea of evolution? Do you believe in it?"

"For me, I am going to punt on that one as well," he said. "That's a question politicians shouldn't be involved in one way or another. I am going to leave that up to you. I'm here to talk about trade not to pontificate about evolution."

More: Scott Walker Dodges Question On Whether He Believes In Evolution

Punt? Well, Scotty, if you have any serious hope of becoming president - you'll have to answer that question. It sounds like you've already signaled that you don't believe in evolution. What about global warming?
You're a Moron.

Explain to me why I should tolerate a public school board with creationist members who insist that evolution be taken out of science books and the classroom, and that creationism should be taught in the classroom instead? Explain that.

Look, it is okay to have an open mind as long as you don't let your brains fall out.

Amen! Thank you!

www.creationism.org

I don't care that someone created a website, and you somehow think that it's an all encapsulating view of creationism. Probably 99.9 percent of creationists haven't even been to that website. Creationism is simply a traditional view that God created life. It doesn't mean that God isn't beholden to scientific concepts. It doesn't even mean that evolution isn't a valid concept. People like you want it to be a litmus test for enlightened vs. unenlightened because it soothes your bigotry.

I hate having to educate people who don't bother to keep up with current events. Have you not heard of the Dover trial? The Supreme Court rulings on creationism, etc? Does any of this ring a bell? Where were you when all of this was going on? Why aren't you, an apparently professed creationist taking your own people to task on the USMB forums when they go on and on about how the Earth is 6,000 years old and radiocarbon dating is a fraud as is the big bang? And how Noah's ark was real, and not a fable. And humans and dinosaurs coexisted. Where were you, gatsby?

You're all over the map, dude. And you're not making coherent arguments.
You can tell me whatever you want to tell me about the Dover trial or SC rullings. I'm not going to spend good time digging into every puzzle you throw out there in the hopes of piecing together your likely dysfunctional dossier.
I haven't seen a USMB profess the universe to be 6,000 years old. Their belief typically is that the Earth as we know it was formed 6,000 years ago. That's different. And frankly, not every creationist is committed to that number either.
Carbon dating is not a proven method. In fact, it's often been shown to be flawed.
I don't have a problem with people believing Noah's ark was real.
And the dinosaurs is an unknown in many ways to everyone frankly.
And even if creationists are wrong, they're not the terrible, stupid people that you make them out to be. Creationists formed the greatest country of the modern era if not ever; this the United States of America. And they haven't disavowed science like you claim either (well, other than some extreme ones). You on the other hand have hijacked science. You use not fully substantiated theories to purport wholesale truthfulness. That is pseudo science worthy of the hack that you are.

Honestly, few are saying you should keep your silence. You're a citizen who should make his voice heard on the matter. But what's disturbing is how you naively paint everyone with a large brush--likely because you see media reports and you think everyone who has spiritual beliefs wants to repress science. It's a load of crap. Try not letting your own 'brain fall out.'

www.creationism.org

You can tell me whatever you want to tell me about the Dover trial or SC rullings. I'm not going to spend good time digging into every puzzle you throw out there in the hopes of piecing together your likely dysfunctional dossier.
I haven't seen a USMB profess the universe to be 6,000 years old. Their belief typically is that the Earth as we know it was formed 6,000 years ago. That's different. And frankly, not every creationist is committed to that number either.
Carbon dating is not a proven method. In fact, it's often been shown to be flawed.
And even if creationists are wrong, they're not the terrible, stupid people that you make them out to be. Creationists formed the greatest country of the modern era if not ever; this the United States of America. And they haven't disavowed science like you claim either (well, other than some extreme ones). You on the other hand have hijacked science. You use not fully substantiated theories to purport wholesale truthfulness. That is pseudo science worthy of the hack that you are.

Thanks for proving my point. Carbon dating is not a proven method? It is the most widespread dating method on the planet, used by thousands of laboratories, and independently verified by a dozen other methods. You try to chastise me for lumping creationists together all the while proving my point for me that they are all doing the same thing, trying to use science to confirm their religious beliefs. Creationism is not a science, and never will be. There is no doubt whatsoever that creationists are wrong. If you truly believe that creationists are what makes this country great, you really should consider going to an AA meeting and sober up, because, damn.

www.creationism.org

Thanks for proving my point. Carbon dating is not a proven method? It is the most widespread dating method on the planet, used by thousands of laboratories, and independently verified by a dozen other methods. You try to chastise me for lumping creationists together all the while proving my point for me that they are all doing the same thing, trying to use science to confirm their religious beliefs. Creationism is not a science, and never will be. There is no doubt whatsoever that creationists are wrong. If you truly believe that creationists are what makes this country great, you really should consider going to an AA meeting and sober up, because, damn.

This from the far left drone that did not even understand what evolution is. They believe in it so much that they do not even know what is. However the reality is that these far left drones do not believe in evolution, that is why they do not understand it.

Honestly, few are saying you should keep your silence. You're a citizen who should make his voice heard on the matter. But what's disturbing is how you naively paint everyone with a large brush--likely because you see media reports and you think everyone who has spiritual beliefs wants to repress science. It's a load of crap. Try not letting your own 'brain fall out.'

No sir. I'm a published geologist who has spent his entire career having to deal directly with these charlatans. Look, if you believe that "god did it", I have no problem with that. I don't even care. You have a right to your belief. But if you believe that with your whole heart and soul to the point where nothing else is possible, or where you insist that me or my child should be forced to believe as you do, I don't need you in the lab, the field, our public schools, or even the white house for that matter, because you are useless as someone who can competently and creatively carry out scientific projects, teach science, or make national science policy. "God did it" doesn't explain anything, and never will.

www.creationism.org

Plenty of issues with carbon dating...do the research on it.
When did I talk about creationsts trying to use science to confirm their beliefs? I didn't; but I wouldn't have a problem with it.
Who says that creationism is a science? It's a belief. That doesn't mean that science can't possibly confirm it.
You can't say that creationists are wrong. Were you there at the start of the world? Do you know exactly how life was formed? For a guy who doesn't believe in creationism, you sure want to make godly decrees about absolute truth.
I believe that wise, spiritual men have always made great contributions to this world regardless of whether or not they believed in creationism; and I can come to this sure understanding because I'm not a bigot like you.

No sir. I'm a published geologist who has spent his entire career having to deal directly with these charlatans. Look, if you believe that "god did it", I have no problem with that. I don't even care. You have a right to your belief. But if you believe that with your whole heart and soul to the point where nothing else is possible, or where you insist that me or my child should be forced to believe as you do, I don't need you in the lab, the field, our public schools, or even the white house for that matter, because you are useless as someone who can competently and creatively carry out scientific projects, teach science, or make national science policy. "God did it" doesn't explain anything, and never will.

Wow, you allegedly did some glorified grunt work and got published in a publication that few people read and now you presume that your meager scientific background makes you the judge and juror of all things science and even concerning political matters and spiritual matters that you know nothing about. Get a grip, dude.
Who's talking about me forcing you to believe anything? You argue bull shit that was never said. You're an irrational person, which makes you a poor scientist frankly; as a good scientist makes keen observations and follows proper rigors.

www.creationism.org

Plenty of issues with carbon dating...do the research on it.

Do the research? You're talking to a geologist. What the hell do you think I've been doing since 1984?

When did I talk about creationsts trying to use science to confirm their beliefs? I didn't; but I wouldn't have a problem with it.

You didn't have to. Because that is what they are doing. of course you don't have a problem with it, because you don't have a clue.

Who says that creationism is a science?

Creationists do. They call it creation science. You didn't know this? Huh.

It's a belief.

That you for that astute observation, Mr. Obvious.

That doesn't mean that science can't possibly confirm it.

"God did it" is not scientific, not falsifiable, not testable. Science can never confirm it.

You can't say that creationists are wrong.

Are you blind? I just did.

Were you there at the start of the world?

OMG. I don't believe you just said that. The world around us was there. And we can read what it says about how it formed. Maybe if you took a class, you too would be able to read it.

Do you know exactly how life was formed?

Do I know every step? No. I am 99% certain that a gray-haired sky daddy didn't form it out of a magical lump of clay.

For a guy who doesn't believe in creationism, you sure want to make godly decrees about absolute truth.

Projection. Try again.

I believe that wise, spiritual men have always made great contributions to this world regardless of whether or not they believed in creationism; and I can come to this sure understanding because I'm not a bigot like you.

I know one so-called wise spiritual man who's followers have rampaged the planet for the last 2,000 years. And humanity has suffered immensely as a result.

Wow, you allegedly did some glorified grunt work and got published in a publication that few people read and now you presume that your meager scientific background makes you the judge and juror of all things science and even concerning political matters and spiritual matters that you know nothing about. Get a grip, dude.

Who's talking about me forcing you to believe anything? You argue bull shit that was never said. You're an irrational person, which makes you a poor scientist frankly; as a good scientist makes keen observations and follows proper rigors.

You really don't know what you are talking about or to who. Here is one of my publications, which was co-authored with two others:

An Error Occurred Setting Your User Cookie

When you get an science education and get published, then you can talk to me about the science about which you know very little. Until then, good evening.

Last edited:

You really don't know what you are talking about or to who. Here is one of my publications, which was co-authored with two others:

An Error Occurred Setting Your User Cookie

When you get an science education and get published, then you can talk to me about the science about which you know very little. Until then, good evening.

I'll take a moment to give you props for your work, whatever your part in it may have been. But you're still full of it on a lot of these matters.

Forum List

Back