Scottish independence

Here is the brave heart himself - Alex Salmond.

19scotland08-articleLarge.jpg

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/09/19/w...on=Footer&module=MoreInSection&pgtype=article

After Scotland gains independence who will be next:
Northern Ireland is going next. Wales, Falkland Islands, Gibraltar, Cayman Islands etc?

Heck the ramification could be far reaching throughout Europe.

1410919517702_wps_9_The_Map_Of_Europe_Would_B.jpg

Heck it could reach across the pond and affect us. HI, AK, VT, TX, PVR, and of course Nation of Atlzan (the Hispanic Only country that encompasses TX, AZ, NM, CA and parts of OR and CO) all have active members and political movements behind.

I hope the Scotish choose to remain part of the UK, but I see a snowball effect happening across the globe!

There is an impressive statue in Baltimore of William Wallace, identified on the statue's base as the "Guardian of Scotland" and as a "Patriot and Martyr".
Today's referendum is perhaps a measure of the current value to Scots of his mythic historical importance.

I am impressed with the resilience of the Celtic culture. English had been trying to destroy it for hundreds of years now. Look at Irish folks, they turned out to be tough nuts to crack. I thought English had the Scots but it turns out Scots are not dead yet either.

Last edited:
After Scotland gains independence who will be next:
Northern Ireland is going next. Wales, Falkland Islands, Gibraltar, Cayman Islands etc?

Heck the ramification could be far reaching throughout Europe.

1410919517702_wps_9_The_Map_Of_Europe_Would_B.jpg

Heck it could reach across the pond and affect us. HI, AK, VT, TX, PVR, and of course Nation of Atlzan (the Hispanic Only country that encompasses TX, AZ, NM, CA and parts of OR and CO) all have active members and political movements behind.

I hope the Scotish choose to remain part of the UK, but I see a snowball effect happening across the globe!
We can only hope TX goes.

He doesn't live in Scotland, and is ineligible to vote for independence.

Probably not but if Scotland is to be run like America he could just walk in and vote. Then, if independence prevails, Connery could run for President with absolutely no concern about citizenship.
Why in the world would Scotland be run like the U.S.? They would retain their parliamentary system, and First Minister Alex Salmond would, presumably, simply become Prime Minister of Scotland, and Queen Elizabeth would become the Queen of Scotland.

It looks like we will not know the final result till Friday, Scotland time.
I nominate Sean Connery as Scotland's first president.

images
He doesn't live in Scotland, and is ineligible to vote for independence.
Okay, how bout Kevin Bridges?
I was going to explain how Scotland wasn't going to have a presidency, but then it occurred to me that you're probably being facetious.

Forum List

Back