Scottish independence

I believe the polls close at 10 p.m. Scottish time, which is 5 p.m. EST, so a little over an hour to go. Though I suppose since the vote will be close we won't know until at least later tomorrow.

It looks like we will not know the final result till Friday, Scotland time.
I nominate Sean Connery as Scotland's first president.

images
He doesn't live in Scotland, and is ineligible to vote for independence.
Okay, how bout Kevin Bridges?
I was going to explain how Scotland wasn't going to have a presidency, but then it occurred to me that you're probably being facetious.
Slightly. But your post was still informative.

We can only hope TX goes.

Maybe you should start a thread: There you could compulsively post this over and over again in private, and avoid appearing obsessed.

polls_Obsession_Cover_for_web_xlarge.gif

Or seek professional help.
I'm not the poster who brought up TX in this thread....FYI.

You wanna guess how many times you've posted about Texas in a thread about Scotland?
She has issues with folks from Texas. Hollywood has done a number on them.

I guess the Scots are helpless without the Brits to feed them welfare money. They can't bring themselves out of their drunken drug induced state long enough to create their own government or even print their own currency. They need to be taken care of for fuck's sake. Before you know it they'll be back to living in sod huts, wearing Kilts, and running around the Highlands killing the English.

That's a wrong guess. But it had a 50/50 chance of being right. :)

There is a great deal to Scotland, particularly its engineering. They suffer from brain-drain going south and to foreign parts, but Scotland produces many people of high merit. Independence would be a shot in the arm for them, and likely would galvanise the nation to live up to its potential, which it has to be said is a little stifled while England is seen as the hub.

I guess the Scots are helpless without the Brits to feed them welfare money. They can't bring themselves out of their drunken drug induced state long enough to create their own government or even print their own currency. They need to be taken care of for fuck's sake. Before you know it they'll be back to living in sod huts, wearing Kilts, and running around the Highlands killing the English.

There is a great deal to Scotland, particularly its engineering. They suffer from brain-drain going south and to foreign parts, but Scotland produces many people of high merit. Independence would be a shot in the arm for them, and likely would galvanise the nation to live up to its potential, which it has to be said is a little stifled while England is seen as the hub.
I was joking.

I am impressed with the resilience of the Celtic culture. English had been trying to destroy it for hundreds of years now. Look at Irish folks, they turned out to be tough nuts to crack. I thought English had the Scots but it turns out Scots are not dead yet either.

Don't be daft.

There is not an Englishman alive that doesn't have Celtic ancestors. Apart from Phil the Greek.

Anglo Saxons come from tribes of Angles, Saxons and Jutes in what is now northern Germany and Denmark.
But you compare the look of folk from northern Germany with Brits. There is a distinct difference. That is because of the high input of Celtic genetics.

Culturally, the English are still more Anglo Saxon. The Welsh & Irish still have more Celtic genetics, and the Scots too. But the Scots also have a big genetic hangover from the Picts. From before the Scotti (an Irish tribe) invaded and took over.

I was joking.

That's fine,
But many still say such things as jokes, then start to believe them. Am pleased to hear you are not that sort. :D

I was joking.

That's fine,
But many still say such things as jokes, then start to believe them. Am pleased to hear you are not that sort. :D
No, some actually believe it.

Maybe you should start a thread: There you could compulsively post this over and over again in private, and avoid appearing obsessed.

You wanna guess how many times you've posted about Texas in a thread about Scotland?
Probably twice. It's horrible, isn't it?

I am impressed with the resilience of the Celtic culture. English had been trying to destroy it for hundreds of years now. Look at Irish folks, they turned out to be tough nuts to crack. I thought English had the Scots but it turns out Scots are not dead yet either.

Don't be daft.

There is not an Englishman alive that doesn't have Celtic ancestors. Apart from Phil the Greek.

Anglo Saxons come from tribes of Angles, Saxons and Jutes in what is now northern Germany and Denmark.
But you compare the look of folk from northern Germany with Brits. There is a distinct difference. That is because of the high input of Celtic genetics.

Culturally, the English are still more Anglo Saxon. The Welsh & Irish still have more Celtic genetics, and the Scots too. But the Scots also have a big genetic hangover from the Picts. From before the Scotti (an Irish tribe) invaded and took over.
Lets not forget the Normans and the Norse.

If Scotland wants independence then they deserve their own country. Maybe they just might do it right this time. It won't be easy though.
Greatest Scottish American ever has something to say about that. . .
andrew+Carnegie.PNG

Born in Dunfermline, Scotland on November 25, 1835. Died in Lenox, Massachusetts on August 11, 1919.

Probably twice. It's horrible, isn't it?

Good.

Acceptance it the first step toward recovery.

Don't be daft.

Lets not forget the Normans and the Norse.

The Normans ARE Norse, just French speaking ones.
And the Norse are from Northern Germanic tribes too. So much the same as the Anglo Saxons genetically. Though they did also have separate culture and language which enriched Britain. And gave us the days of the week, and such.

YouGov exit poll has the No side winning 54-46.

The head of YouGov just said he was 99% sure the No side would win.

The financial markets certainly think No will win. The pound was up sharply today.

Forum List

Back