SCOTUS: Kentucky clerk must issue same-sex marriage licenses

Since her conscience would be bothered by gay marriage...I guess it would be in her soul's best interest to resign and find another job that fits her religious belief better.

But we know what it is all about, its a show put on by the fundy christians to make a point
You have the right to petition the Court but she doesn't? It doesn't work that way. 3143 Country Clerks to go.
She did petition the Court. She lost. And that ruling applies to every other clerk. You don't know much about the law, do you?
That applied to her. Maybe the Court will find differently on the next 3143 petitions. Only way to find out is convening the full court and give them their day in court. Your fucking side can do this, so can we.

Since her conscience would be bothered by gay marriage...I guess it would be in her soul's best interest to resign and find another job that fits her religious belief better.

But we know what it is all about, its a show put on by the fundy christians to make a point
You have the right to petition the Court but she doesn't? It doesn't work that way. 3143 Country Clerks to go.
She did petition the Court. She lost. And that ruling applies to every other clerk. You don't know much about the law, do you?
That applied to her. Maybe the Court will find differently on the next 3143 petitions. Only way to find out is convening the full court and give them their day in c,ours.
Again, you are clueless about the law. And you ignore the fact that all but one of those clerks is following the law. That is, after all, what the oath they took requires that they do.

Just make the names and addresses of every couple getting a marriage license public record. Put it in the newspaper.
Most places they do. And even if they do not put them in a newspaper, they are matters of public record. That is kind of why she has absolutely no basis to refuse to issue them, any more than she can refuse to do the other parts of her job. She works for the public and cannot decide that some laws simply will not apply.

Why not? Obama has being doing that for 7 years now.

martybegan

Link?

In fact, President Obama has not done anything of the kind.

Nah, she is a martyr for her cause.

If the law must severly speak, the clerk will wretchdly weep

A "martyr" for the "cause" of a hate group?

Nonsense.

Just like everyone else, she should follow the law or face the consequences.
First get your president following the laws

AvgGuyIA

Link?

In fact, President Obama has not refused to follow any law.

Why do you guys tell the same LIES over and over?

And why derail the thread? If you want to LIE about the president, start a new thread.

This woman broke the law and should face the consequences.

Nonsense.

Oh...I thought you were a United States citizen. Apparently not. So, what makes you think your opinion on our laws matters?
Lol. I am a citizen, Obama is not my president or of millions of others. The fucker certainly doesn't act like it does he?

That applied to her. Maybe the Court will find differently on the next 3143 petitions. Only way to find out is convening the full court and give them their day in court. Your fucking side can do this, so can we.
She got her day in Court. She lost...three times. Very few cases make it to the Supreme Court and one of the requirements is that the case presents a novel question of law or a legal issue for which there is no precedent. Her desire to force those in her county to abide by her own personal view of marriage is not a novel question and there are many precedents regarding the conflict between religious freedom and one's job duties. None of those precedents are helpful to her.

Just make the names and addresses of every couple getting a marriage license public record. Put it in the newspaper.
Most places they do. And even if they do not put them in a newspaper, they are matters of public record. That is kind of why she has absolutely no basis to refuse to issue them, any more than she can refuse to do the other parts of her job. She works for the public and cannot decide that some laws simply will not apply.

martybegan

Link?

Nonsense.

AvgGuyIA

Link?

And why derail the thread? If you want to LIE about the president, start a new thread.

You're a dolt. Obama doesn't follow our laws. I I don't have to prove something to some jackass that refuses to acknowledge what the rest of us, including Obama, knows.

martybegan

Link?

Nonsense.

AvgGuyIA

Link?

SCOTUS: Kentucky clerk must issue same-sex marriage licenses | Page 4 | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

martybegan

Link?

Nonsense.

AvgGuyIA

Link?

You're a dolt. Obama doesn't follow our laws. I I don't have to prove something to some jackass that refuses to acknowledge what the rest of us, including Obama, knows.

IOW, you're wrong and you're a liar - and you know it.

martybegan

Link?

Nonsense.

AvgGuyIA

Link?

SCOTUS: Kentucky clerk must issue same-sex marriage licenses | Page 4 | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum
You link proves that he is acting lawfully and within his power as the executive in deciding how laws are enforced; where the resources of the government are best used.

They do not need to do that. The Federal Court can simply take over the operation of that office and require her employees to follow the law or be fired. Frankly, one of them should issue a license and dare her to fire them. THEY would have a slam dunk case against her.

martybegan

Link?

Nonsense.

AvgGuyIA

Link?

You link proves that he is acting lawfully and within his power as the executive in deciding how laws are enforced; where the resources of the government are best used.

He's still in violation of the law, no matter how many mental exercises New Republic performs.

martybegan

Link?

Nonsense.

AvgGuyIA

Link?

I'll let others waste their time to educate you that your fucking president doesn't follow our laws. Albeit a waste of time on the likes of you. By the way...the sun rises in the east. I know you can't believe that.

I have to hand it to her, she isn't backing down. No fear of the gaypers
Because assholes like you will send her your money and continue to support bigotry and law breaking.

martybegan

Link?

Nonsense.

AvgGuyIA

Link?

I'll let others waste their time to educate you that your fucking president doesn't follow our laws.
In other words, "I heard it on the internets so it must be true"

Because assholes like you will send her your money and continue to support bigotry and law breaking.

I never sent her money, asshole.

I never sent her money, asshole.
Oh, so you talk a good game but don't put your money where your mouth is.

Forum List

Back