SCOTUS Nixes AZ Voter Registration Law

The Conspiracy Theory fora are downstairs from here two flights. ;)

There have been exactly as many reported cases of Martians voting in our elections as there are reported cases of voter fraud that would have been prevented by a voter id.

Why is my law a "Conspiracy Theory", yet the Arizona law isn't?
The AZ law is officially trashed.

There, there, doc. Feel better now? :D

Sorry Ms. Becki..

But I do feel better.

:eusa_shhh:

That's right. The Supreme Court today invalidated the Arizona Voter Registration Law

In a 7-2 vote, the court said the voter registration provision of the 2004 state law, known as Proposition 200, was trumped by a federal law, the 1993 National Voter Registration Act.

Supreme Court invalidates Arizona voter registration law | Reuters

What say you?

I think they got it wrong.

They value a silly and damn insignificant claim about Federal Supremacy over the Constitution itself, it appears.

There have been exactly as many reported cases of Martians voting in our elections as there are reported cases of voter fraud that would have been prevented by a voter id.

The AZ law is officially trashed.

There, there, doc. Feel better now? :D

Sorry Ms. Becki..

But I do feel better.

:eusa_shhh:
Do you? Good, because Obama is planning on importing 1.6 million Syrians into the USA this month according to my sources. With no one demanding their identifications, Democrats get 1.6 million votes to win the next election, with the promise of what Obama has wanted all along--passing sharia law.

Congratulations. The women in your family will now need protection from being murdered by their husbands, and women in colleges are fair game for honor killing if they wear yankee clothes.

Name a single case of an illegal immigrant voting in our elections that would have been prevented by a voter id.

Actually, you don't have to bother; I know that has Never Happened.

Actually, you know it happens all the time - and you support the subversion of honest elections to promote your shameful party.

{

In 2011, Colorado’s secretary of state found by comparing drivers’ licenses that Colorado had potentially as many as 16,270 non-citizens on its voting rolls.

In 2007, the Dallas Morning News ran a piece titled “Non-citizens likely voted in Bexar County” which explained how 330 non-citizens were discovered on voting rolls after they were summoned for jury duty.

The 2004 Washington State gubernatorial election was decided by 133 votes while 1,678 illegal votes, mostly by felons, were cast. The election was upheld because there was no accurate way to determine which candidate was the recipient of the illegal votes.}

?We Don?t Have Any? Problem of Illegal Immigrants Voting in U.S., Dem Congressmen Say | CNS News

That's right. The Supreme Court today invalidated the Arizona Voter Registration Law

In a 7-2 vote, the court said the voter registration provision of the 2004 state law, known as Proposition 200, was trumped by a federal law, the 1993 National Voter Registration Act.

Supreme Court invalidates Arizona voter registration law | Reuters

What say you?

I think they got it wrong.

They value a silly and damn insignificant claim about Federal Supremacy over the Constitution itself, it appears.
Reuters is wrong? 'Splain, please, for laypersons.

We need to pass a law to stop Martians from voting!

They're stealing the election! It's a huge problem.

If you don't support a law to stop Martians for voting, that must mean you hate America.
The Conspiracy Theory fora are downstairs from here two flights. ;)

You can't know that since NO ONE is allowed to check it.

Did he ever vote? If he did, what evidence do you have that a voter ID law would have prevented it?

Your opposition to honest elections is noted - democrats look to fraud as your primary tool.

I gave you documented proof of illegals registered to vote - as expected, you ignored it and continued to chant bullshit.

The fact is, democrats support illegals voting because they (you) place party above the nation.

Name a single case of an illegal immigrant voting in our elections that would have been prevented by a voter id.

Actually, you don't have to bother; I know that has Never Happened.

Actually, you know it happens all the time - and you support the subversion of honest elections to promote your shameful party

It's almost guaranteed that your argument will fall flat when its based on assumptions of what your opponent really wants.

I hate to be the one who has to tell you this, but blustery and bullying don't work as arguing tactics on anonymous message boards. You just look like an idiot.

In 2011, Colorado’s secretary of state found by comparing drivers’ licenses that Colorado had potentially as many as 16,270 non-citizens on its voting rolls.

In 2007, the Dallas Morning News ran a piece titled “Non-citizens likely voted in Bexar County” which explained how 330 non-citizens were discovered on voting rolls after they were summoned for jury duty.

The 2004 Washington State gubernatorial election was decided by 133 votes while 1,678 illegal votes, mostly by felons, were cast. The election was upheld because there was no accurate way to determine which candidate was the recipient of the illegal votes.}

?We Don?t Have Any? Problem of Illegal Immigrants Voting in U.S., Dem Congressmen Say | CNS News

Still, none of those instances would be prevented by voter ID laws.

I just think its funny when "small government" conservatives suddenly demand "laws" to prevent something that has never definitively happened.
Who demanded what law ... ?

What law? Voter ID laws.
Who? Many, many members here, as well as the Right Wing Noise Machine in general.
60% of the American population thinks Voter ID Laws are good. 23% think they are bad. The others are undecided. I read it in the papers the other day.

I think the laws got away from the people's notice lately.

With the last major legislation (affordable care act) there were 2500+ pages in the bill. Nobody knew what was in the bill till it passed. It's not affordable to anyone and adds more layers to government.

The people are screwed, because none of us has the time or energy to do that much reading and make a decision as to whether we like a proposed law or not, and Pelosi cracked the whip and got it passed when Democrats had majorities in both houses. Now, we're finding it's not entirely constitutional, and nothing has been done to correct that with Reid closing the gates, plus the bill's cost was grossly underestimated by possibly as much as a trillion dollars Hoi Polloi will have to come up with so Congress can pass something off on the public they won't have to deal with with better than public health provisions in their "high-class" status as law-givers.

And that's against what my ancestors fought the Revolutionary war over--equality for all. Forget that Constitution!

It's almost guaranteed that your argument will fall flat when its based on assumptions of what your opponent really wants.

What assumption?

Your party subverts honest elections as a matter of course. Ballot box stuffing, multiple voting, using illegals to either vote or to have as proxy votes (more common, and the reason the Unions register illegals)

You toss out shit like "it never happens," then when proven you start in with other party talking points.

Why do you oppose honest and fair elections?

I hate to be the one who has to tell you this, but blustery and bullying don't work as arguing tactics on anonymous message boards. You just look like an idiot.

Could be worse, I could look like a partisan hack who places his shameful party ahead of the nation....

All of them would be prevented by proof of citizenship provisions - which is why you oppose such provisions.

It appears that there is little that democrats hate more than the prospect of free and honest elections - it would be the end of your power.

What assumption?

Your party subverts honest elections as a matter of course. Ballot box stuffing, multiple voting, using illegals to either vote or to have as proxy votes (more common, and the reason the Unions register illegals)

You toss out shit like "it never happens," then when proven you start in with other party talking points.

Why do you oppose honest and fair elections?

Could be worse, I could look like a partisan hack who places his shameful party ahead of the nation....

All of them would be prevented by proof of citizenship provisions - which is why you oppose such provisions.

It appears that there is little that democrats hate more than the prospect of free and honest elections - it would be the end of your power.

What Party do you think I'm a member of? We can start with that "assumption".

Did he ever vote? If he did, what evidence do you have that a voter ID law would have prevented it?

Your opposition to honest elections is noted - democrats look to fraud as your primary tool.

I gave you documented proof of illegals registered to vote - as expected, you ignored it and continued to chant bullshit.

The fact is, democrats support illegals voting because they (you) place party above the nation.

Next you're going to say that the GOP doesn't put party over country!!!!:up: Reality check! Reality check!

Forum List

Back