SCotUS on Church, State Separation

Christians have slaughtered scores of millions in the name of Jesus Christ during the two millennia since His birth.

No reply would have been a better choice.

we are at war with islam, try to grasp that.

No we're not. As a xtian, you may be, but we're not.

Yup just a coincidence that 99.9 percent of all current terrorists are Muslim., Just a coincidence that 80 percent of all Islamic leaders support defend and encourage terrorism.

Christians have slaughtered scores of millions in the name of Jesus Christ during the two millennia since His birth.

And of course Islam has not slaughtered Christians since they began either right? But more to the point since about 1700 which religion has killed more of the other over religion?

You mean 1778?

Thank god for the Constitution or the xtians would still be burning witches and heretics at the stake.

wow, that much irony and stewpud in one post!!!!!

I'm giddy

How many christians have brought down towers in the name of christ or god?

What does that have to do with a SCOTUS SCS ruling?

about as much as what you just posted

My comment was not only imminently topical it was also intelligent.

Sep of Ch and ST issues here in the US are entirely parochial. If the same liberties were being discussed for islam and muslims the xtians would already have the torches and pitchforks out.

No we're not. As a xtian, you may be, but we're not.

Yup just a coincidence that 99.9 percent of all current terrorists are Muslim., Just a coincidence that 80 percent of all Islamic leaders support defend and encourage terrorism.

Really? Was the LAX shooter muslim? How about the last 3 or 4 school yard shooters? How about the 10-20k gun death victims last year...all from muslims?

Why does the left hate free speech so much?

b/c that is what that is. No one was forced to follow anything.

Hurt feelings are no reason for a suit

The issue has nothing to do with ‘free speech’ or ‘the left.’

The challenge concerns a review of some types of invocations and if they’re appropriate in the context of current Establishment Clause jurisprudence.

The willful ignorance of many on the partisan right is indeed remarkable, not surprising, but remarkable.

And of course Islam has not slaughtered Christians since they began either right? But more to the point since about 1700 which religion has killed more of the other over religion?

You mean 1778?

Thank god for the Constitution or the xtians would still be burning witches and heretics at the stake.

wow, that much irony and stewpud in one post!!!!!

I'm giddy

I'm not surprised. Try turning the vibrator down to a 1 or 2.

The challenge concerns a review of some types of invocations and if they’re appropriate in the context of current Establishment Clause jurisprudence.

The willful ignorance of many on the partisan right is indeed remarkable, not surprising, but remarkable.

It is free speech, the fact that you don't like it is irrelevant, and typical of leftist hate.

Ignorant, irrelevant nonsense – we are not ‘at war’ with a religion.

Particularly given the fact that millions of Americans citizens are Muslim, just as much threatened by potential acts of terror.

It's not the partisan right, it's the religious right.

If the participants and audience in a meeting of the town board of Greece, NY are obliged to HEAR a prayer, that CLEARLY means that the TOWN is ESTABLISHING a Religion. Oh wait. No it doesn't.

Well, then it's denying the free exercise of religion.

Oh wait again. No. It's not.

Problem solved.

Clearly, there is simply no violation of the First Amendment provisions concerning religion.

I wonder if the SCOTUS is capable of some simple, honest, straightforward analysis along such lines?

We all know that there is no such thing as Separation of church and State in the constitution.

Done deal fact....

That being established, I've always considered that God, when mentioned by or at any Government function means what ever the individual desires him/it to mean. nothing more, nothing less.

Straighten out your panties and get on with business........

My admitted limited legal education relies the fact that the 1st Amendment was intended to limit the government's interference in the religious expression of citizens.

Forum List

Back