SCOTUS rejects pharmacists' religious claim

Star

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2009

SCOTUS declined Tuesday to take up a challenge to a Washington state law that makes it illegal for pharmacies to refuse to dispense medications for religious reasons.

I heard someone on the radio say this AM; if you're afraid to fly don't become flight attendant, if you're allergic to Bell Peppers don't go to work for a vegetable stand, and if you choose to become a pharmacist...

Why do conservatives keep challenging our constitution?

SCOTUS declined Tuesday to take up a challenge to a Washington state law that makes it illegal for pharmacies to refuse to dispense medications for religious reasons.

I heard someone on the radio say this AM; if you're afraid to fly don't become flight attendant, if you're allergic to Bell Peppers don't go to work for a vegetable stand, and if you choose to become a pharmacist...

Thank you very much for that information.

Do you have a link to the article?

Thank you! Religious perverts don't know when they're licked.

Because much of its case law conflicts with errant, wrongheaded conservative dogma.

“WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A divided U.S. Supreme Court on Tuesday turned away an appeal by a family-owned pharmacy that cited Christian beliefs in objecting to providing emergency contraceptives to women under a Washington state rule, prompting a searing dissent by conservative Justice Samuel Alito.

The justices left in place a July 2015 ruling by the San Francisco-based 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals that upheld a state regulation that requires pharmacies to deliver all prescribed drugs, including contraceptives, in a timely manner.”

Divided Supreme Court rejects family pharmacy's religious claim

It has long been settled and accepted that religious beliefs cannot be used to ‘justify’ ignoring or violating a just and proper law (Employment Division v. Smith (1990)).

So Catholic pharmacists will be forced to dispense abortion-inducing murder pills, or lose their jobs and businesses.

That's a victory for you I guess, but don't you fucking dare call yourselves "pro-choice." You are stone cold killers and you stomp the First Amendment to death at your feet. The Devil will welcome you with open arms into hell, and you will scream in pain for all eternity.

So Catholic pharmacists will be forced to dispense abortion-inducing murder pills, or lose their jobs and businesses.

That's a victory for you I guess, but don't you fucking dare call yourselves "pro-choice." You are stone cold killers and you stomp the First Amendment to death at your feet. The Devil will welcome you with open arms into hell, and you will scream in pain for all eternity.
lol

They aren’t ‘murder pills.’

It’s this sort of ignorance, stupidity, hyperbole, demagoguery, and lying that renders those hostile to privacy right ridiculous and ineffective.

Again, settled and accepted Constitutional jurisprudence, beyond dispute:

One cannot use his religious beliefs as ‘justification’ to ignore or violate a just and proper law, such as the Washington State law.

And a Catholic pharmacist isn’t being ‘forced’ to do anything; the patient is taking the pill, not the pharmacist, he’s committing no ‘sin,’ he’s in no way in ‘violation’ of his religion.

This notion that religious persons accommodating patrons who might engage in acts considered ‘sin’ by religious persons is an idiotic political contrivance by conservatives hostile to the rights of women and minorities.

lol

It’s this sort of ignorance, stupidity, hyperbole, demagoguery, and lying that renders those hostile to privacy right ridiculous and ineffective.

One cannot use his religious beliefs as ‘justification’ to ignore or violate a just and proper law, such as the Washington State law.

And a Catholic pharmacist isn’t being ‘forced’ to do anything; the patient is taking the pill, not the pharmacist, he’s committing no ‘sin,’ he’s in no way in ‘violation’ of his religion.

This notion that religious persons accommodating patrons who might engage in acts considered ‘sin’ by religious persons is an idiotic political contrivance by conservatives hostile to the rights of women and minorities.
It's murder asshole. The law is forcing a pharmacist to hand a woman the weapon to murder her child, even though he knows its murder and his religion teaches him that he will go to hell for doing it.

Your side is merciless in the way you are destroying life and crushing religious freedom. Don't think there will never be a retribution, because it's coming. You and your ilk will scream for mercy, but you won't get it.

Agree with you. This is a secular country. Unless your job is directly related to religion, you cannot, CANNOT, bring your religion into it.

And you are right: the religious right wants to impose their standards on the whole of the country and ignore the consitution.

You people have caused God to withdraw the blessings he once bestowed on our nation.

Good call by SCOTUS.

lol

It's murder asshole. The law is forcing a pharmacist to hand a woman the weapon to murder her child, even though he knows its murder and his religion teaches him that he will go to hell for doing it.

Your side is merciless in the way you are destroying life and crushing religious freedom. Don't think there will never be a retribution, because it's coming. You and your ilk will scream for mercy, but you won't get it.

You need to look around and do a serious review of what world you're living in.

lol

Satan is Prince of this world, I understand that. So this world belongs to you and your allies. I am just a visitor here, an exile really, and an unwelcome one. I get it. But do you really have to murder so many innocent children? Does this give you pleasure? Or is this a necessary sacrifice to your hellish master?

lol

Satan is Prince of this world, I understand that. So this world belongs to you and your allies. I am just a visitor here, an exile really, and an unwelcome one. I get it. But do you really have to murder so many innocent children? Does this give you pleasure? Or is this a necessary sacrifice to your hellish master?

You're a visitor alright.

“WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A divided U.S. Supreme Court on Tuesday turned away an appeal by a family-owned pharmacy that cited Christian beliefs in objecting to providing emergency contraceptives to women under a Washington state rule, prompting a searing dissent by conservative Justice Samuel Alito.

The justices left in place a July 2015 ruling by the San Francisco-based 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals that upheld a state regulation that requires pharmacies to deliver all prescribed drugs, including contraceptives, in a timely manner.”

Divided Supreme Court rejects family pharmacy's religious claim

It has long been settled and accepted that religious beliefs cannot be used to ‘justify’ ignoring or violating a just and proper law (Employment Division v. Smith (1990)).

Thank you.

I went looking for the article yesterday and found it.

I live in Washington. I remember when this all happened. Everyone I know was very happy that we now are protected from being denied legal medical prescriptions just because some so called christian doesn't approve.

Everyone believes that if you don't want to prescribe legal medicine to people then you should get out of the pharmacy business.

Including me.

lol

It is not murder.

lol

There is no Satan except in the minds of the same people who believe there's a boogeyman under their bed.

Oh I can dare just fine- I am pro-choice.

You of course are just another pissed off old white guy who wants to control what a woman can do with her body. You live in your hell every day of your life.

Forum List

Back