SCOTUS rejects Trump's Texas lawsuit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trump has one last path to victory, i dont think it will happen though. That path is if electors break from the popular vote and cast for trump. This would cause a massive outrage, even though the dems were all for this type of action in the matter of the national popular vote compact, they would likely riot if electors did this.

Because of this, I dont think states will send trump electors, but, in my opinion, if trump is to win, that's about the only path left available to him.

The electors are loyal democrats. The odds of any of them breaking from Biden is slim. The odds of 40 or so breaking and voting for Trump is zero.

Even if republican held States sent Trump's electors, the Letters of Ascertainment from each of the States has already named 306 Biden electors. By law, only the electors named in the Letters can be seated.

Its over. Its been over since about November 7th.

Trump has one last path to victory, i dont think it will happen though. That path is if electors break from the popular vote and cast for trump. This would cause a massive outrage, even though the dems were all for this type of action in the matter of the national popular vote compact, they would likely riot if electors did this.

Because of this, I dont think states will send trump electors, but, in my opinion, if trump is to win, that's about the only path left available to him.
trump could also, by twitter fiat, claim, for electoral vote purposes, all states.

Or Trump could declare Margo Largo the 'real White House' and crown himself with a paper hat he got from the Burger King.

Supreme Court rejects Trump's bid to overturn election

Despite Trump's best efforts to steal an election that he lost by a landslide, in our collective joy we should not overlook the fact that the system worked. Democracy worked. The worst elements in America tried their best to subvert the will of the people, but were not allowed to do so.

America won today and anarchy lost, as it always does!
Very true. I guess the system has to be tested now and then. Not very pleasant. Let's just hope we've hit rock bottom.

I'm so sorry but no we have not hit rock bottom.

We thought that with the bush boy.

What you don't realize is that there is no low too low for those people. There is no lie to sick and destructive. There is nothing, absolutely nothing they won't do.

What I realized in the bush boy years was that the republican presidents have progressively gotten worse since Eisenhower.

At the time I couldn't imagine what was worse. I didn't want to find out.

Unfortunately we did.

The next republican president will be worse than trump. Yes you can't imagine what is worse but take a look around the Republican Party. See how many of them have supported and enabled trump all this time. See how most of them are terrified of trump and his followers.

The next republican president will be more farther right, more fascist and more authoritarian. That republican will be worse than trump.

Don't fool yourself. These people aren't going away.

Just reported by Ari Melber on MSNBC. Below are CNN and SCOTUS links.

SCOTUS Ruling:

155, ORIG. TEXAS V. PENNSYLVANIA, ET AL. The State of Texas’s motion for leave to file a bill of complaint is denied for lack of standing under Article III of the Constitution. Texas has not demonstrated a judicially cognizable interest in the manner in which another State conducts its elections. All other pending motions are dismissed as moot.

A 9-0 shutout.

Just reported by Ari Melber on MSNBC. Below are CNN and SCOTUS links.

SCOTUS Ruling:

155, ORIG. TEXAS V. PENNSYLVANIA, ET AL. The State of Texas’s motion for leave to file a bill of complaint is denied for lack of standing under Article III of the Constitution. Texas has not demonstrated a judicially cognizable interest in the manner in which another State conducts its elections. All other pending motions are dismissed as moot.

' Some Senate Republicans actively criticized the effort. Sen. Ben Sasse of Nebraska said it looked like “a fella begging for a pardon filed a PR stunt rather than a lawsuit,” a reference to the federal probe of Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton, who spearheaded the push.'

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
Supreme Court rejects Trump's bid to overturn election

Despite Trump's best efforts to steal an election that he lost by a landslide, in our collective joy we should not overlook the fact that the system worked. Democracy worked. The worst elements in America tried their best to subvert the will of the people, but were not allowed to do so.

America won today and anarchy lost, as it always does!
Very true. I guess the system has to be tested now and then. Not very pleasant. Let's just hope we've hit rock bottom.

I'm so sorry but no we have not hit rock bottom.

We thought that with the bush boy.

What you don't realize is that there is no low too low for those people. There is no lie to sick and destructive. There is nothing, absolutely nothing they won't do.

What I realized in the bush boy years was that the republican presidents have progressively gotten worse since Eisenhower.

At the time I couldn't imagine what was worse. I didn't want to find out.

Unfortunately we did.

The next republican president will be worse than trump. Yes you can't imagine what is worse but take a look around the Republican Party. See how many of them have supported and enabled trump all this time. See how most of them are terrified of trump and his followers.

The next republican president will be more farther right, more fascist and more authoritarian. That republican will be worse than trump.

Don't fool yourself. These people aren't going away.
You are 100 percent correct. We must remain vigilant.

Democrats hate Trump, and I get that, but they cant be proud of Joe.
There have been numerous threads on this forum asking what they're proud of, or what policies you stand behind, and there is no real substance, or legitimate answers to be had, just hate for Trump.
Look at what just happened with all this fraud going to the SCOTUS, and Trumps best case got shot down, but look at what you're left with. Poor dementia, broken foot, broken spirit Joe.
I know you want to be proud of Joe, and I want to be happy for you, but look at that crippled old man that doesn't have a spine to stand up to China, Iran, N. Korea, like a true president did. Trump is and continues to be the greatest ever !
Who knows, maybe you'll get lucky and you can vote in a real president next term. Sadly for now it looks like you might be stuck with Mr. Stained Forever, stole an election through fraud, Joe. :boo_hoo14::cul2:

So our future elections are guaranteed to be illegitimate and we will have Chinese collaborators running the USA. Congratulations you win, America loses.

So this means there are still state rights.
No, there are now state wrongs. From here forward.
Way to go, democrats. You just defeated the USA.
Nah, we just resoundingly beat the Trump cult.
You defeated Americans. And you did it with corruption.
I and 80 million other Americans defeated a treasonous cult that just failed in overturning a free and fair election.

So our future elections are guaranteed to be illegitimate and we will have Chinese collaborators running the USA. Congratulations you win, America loses.

I and 80 million other Americans defeated a treasonous cult that just failed in overturning a free and fair election.

I imagine that many of the #OVERTURN people are probably just going to swap out the last 3 letters for 4 others.

• Thanks
There have been numerous threads on this forum asking what they're proud of, or what policies you stand behind, and there is no real substance, or legitimate answers to be had, just hate for Trump.
Look at what just happened with all this fraud going to the SCOTUS, and Trumps best case got shot down, but look at what you're left with. Poor dementia, broken foot, broken spirit Joe.
I know you want to be proud of Joe, and I want to be happy for you, but look at that crippled old man that doesn't have a spine to stand up to China, Iran, N. Korea, like a true president did. Trump is and continues to be the greatest ever !
Who knows, maybe you'll get lucky and you can vote in a real president next term. Sadly for now it looks like you might be stuck with Mr. Stained Forever, stole an election through fraud, Joe. :boo_hoo14::cul2:
Biden didn't steal anything. trump didn't stand up to either China or N. Korea.

Go see a shrink.

Amen!

Trump's political career is a product of conservative batshit.

And I've learned never to underestimate the danger of stupid people in large numbers.
Not one thing you ever say is true.
Trump won because Hillary Clinton is an obnoxious, dishonest career politician (not to mention a corrupt war criminal) that most people hate. Trump's popularity grew through his presidency as we got to know him.

Trump's popularity never grew. His approval rating went down not up over his 4 years. Every racist, offensive, stupid thing he did cost him voters.

It was a very good day for true patriots today.

Your blob says that he and the murderous dicatator of NK "fell in love". Trump has no spine.

Greatest ever...thanks for the laugh.

• Thanks
80 million votes, some of them legitimate, got Biden the Presidency. If there are enough "votes" to get the Georgia Senate seats then we usher in a new era. That will be the era of America's decline and the rise of China. Congratulations.

Supreme Court denies effort to block election results in 4 key states that sealed Trump's fate

Texas has not demonstrated a judicially cognizable interest in the manner in which another state conducts its elections," the court said in a brief order. It dismissed all other related claims as moot.
gee, they must be really stupid then as having any state not follow its basic laws allowing elections to be stolen does affect all other states.
But this is a conservative Supreme Court – six of whom appointed by Republican presidents.

And their ruling was a conservative ruling – consistent with fundamental conservative judicial dogma: states’ rights, an originalist interpretation of federalism, and a deference to the will of the people.

You wanted a conservative Supreme Court, you got a conservative Supreme Court – you and others on the right have no reason to complain.

Like General Flynn just said in his Twitter .....among other things....

he said:

"Take a deep breath. More to come." - :up:

GOD BLESS you General! :clap:
so, what's coming? more WINNING in courts?

you will have to wait and see....won't you! ;)
Still waiting for the indictments from the FISA warrants you predicted 3 years ago. And how about the raid in Germany...any news about that twit?

Trump is now openly calling for his supporters to overturn the election.

Sedition?

He need to be very careful with his words...

no evidence of widespread fraud...
No evidence that the corrupt weasels were willing to accept
So all those judgez including Trump's SCOTUS PICKS ARE CORRUPT?

That is what his voting base will tell us while ignoring the reality Trump is no better than the Belarusian President who should have been taken out of power already...
Biden will be no better than a bought and paid for tin-pot dictator
Still light years better than the blob.

• Thanks
Why was Trump only claiming fraud in states he lost?

View attachment 427898
They all flipped after midnight.
So, you’re either a moron or a liar. No other choice.

The mail in votes were counted. You were warned of red and blue mirages on election night. Republican legislatures in these states passed laws that said the mail in ballots could not be counted until the polls closed and the election day ballots were counted.
How many times you gotta hear the same explanation?
The mail in process WS in violation of the US constitution. Never mind that there was no legit verification.
But it’s no longer the US were talking about. My country just lost to the communist states of America.
Where in the constitution does it say that mail in voting is in any way illegal or improper?
Because Democrats vote by mail, they must be illegal.

• Thanks
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back