SCOTUS Scalia believes the devil walks the earth

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
Bill Maher: Antonin Scalia And Michele Bachmann Are 'The Exact Same Idiot'

"It'd be one thing if Mr. Scalia sold pizza for a living, but this is a man we go to to interpret our laws. It's like smelling a gas leak and calling an exorcist."

Excellent video at link.

Justice Scalia Believes In The Devil And Hell.. But How It Affects His Opinions We May Never Know

"I even believe in the Devil."

In Conversation With Antonin Scalia -- New York Magazine

Full interview here.

Its easy to laugh off $arah's, Bachmann's and other nutter's idiocy but this man is frightening.

Since 80 percent of the US is christian I do not see the problem.

Well, except for that pesky little thing known as The Constitution of the United States.

He's the chief justice. His decisions should be based on law, not superstition. Read his decisions and loose lipped comments here and there. The man does not belong on the Supreme Court.

Well, except for that pesky little thing known as The Constitution of the United States.

He's the chief justice. His decisions should be based on law, not superstition. Read his decisions and loose lipped comments here and there. The man does not belong on the Supreme Court.

Republicans talk about the constitution, but no one want's to change it more than them. And not for the better. They want to codify discrimination.

12 Ways Republicans Want to Change the Constitution

Last edited by a moderator:

so equity is not part of american law?

England is the origin of the common law that exists in the U.S..

The English common law originated in the early middle ages in the King’s Court (Curia Regis) and eventually led to the formulation of various viable principles through which it continues to operate.

The common law has its roots in the U.S continent with the first English colonists who claimed the common law system as their birthright.

After the American Revolution, this Common Law was adopted by each of the states as well as the national government of the new nation.

Therefore, the origin of common law in the U.S. can be traced back to various sources such as the common law principles of England, the equity principles, Christianity and ecclesiastical courts.

Western Union Tel. Co. v. Call Publishing Co., 181 U.S. 92 (U.S. 1901)
[ii] Vidal v. Phila., 43 U.S. 127 (U.S. 1844)
[iii] Donegan & Tabor v. Wood, 49 Ala. 242 (Ala. 1873)
[iv] Zeisweiss v. James, 63 Pa. 465, 471 (Pa. 1870)
- See more at: Origins of Common Law - Common Law

Oh yeh and equity trumps law btw

Last edited:
Scalia is entitled to have a religious faith. We do not have religious litmus tests to hold office to secure those offices only for atheists.

Scalia is entitled to have a religious faith. We do not have religious litmus tests to hold office to secure those offices only for atheists.
Thank You!
So fucking what if he believes the devil walks the Earth. He is entitled to his beliefs. Why do you "enlightened" liberals only seem to have a problem with Christianity? If the guy were Muslim you'd be lining up to blow him.

Justice Scalia is much more fair minded than you are and he does base his decisions on law.
Where is your evidence that there is no God or Devil and that it is superstition?

Tell me where in the Constitution does it say you can't be a Justice of the Supreme Court
because you believe in God and the Devil?
Don't quote "separation of Church & State" because it is not there in the Constitution.
Our Constitution gives us the freedom to exercise our rights to believe, not to prohibit it.

I would be more upset & frightened of someone in that position who does not believe and bases their decisions on a cold unfeeling heart of unbelief.
Many of our laws as well as all of Western Civilization are based on the laws written in the bible.

Last edited:
unbelievable....luddly and his cohorts hate the constitution. now there must be a religious test to be a judge. what the fuck is wrong with you luddly?

SCOTUS Scalia believes the devil walks the earth

I believe him too. He lives in the White House.

Republicans can't judge fairly when religious issues are on the line! Wait, what do you mean John Jones is a Republican was appointed by W and nominated by Rick Santorum and shot down the Dover school board?

Forum List

Back