Screwing over the military...

Aren't the vast majority of US troops American citizens? So this will effect like almost no one?

Yes, they are. And now their children born in a military hospital overseas will not be. Why are you ok with that?

Children born to American parents are American no matter where they are born.

Are you confused or playing games?

I think you're confused, did you not read the article? They may be considered an American but never had to apply for citizenship.

The op is claiming that they have to apply for citizenship. Is there any grounds on which a child born to American parents is going to be denied citizenship?
The point is why change policy?

No, the point is that the media are a bunch of lying fucktards, and nothing they say, especially if it is a smear of the President, should be taken at face value.

If you dismiss anything and anyone that disagrees with you, and slander them terribly, destroying them as often as you can,

what avenue do you leave for political opposition?

Try taking the high road...as the old saying goes...

wpoeh.jpg

Trump administration says children of US troops born overseas do not have automatic citizenship

EDIT.....

I was wrong and falsely stated how the change worked. My apologies to all.

Some children born overseas to certain US troops may not automatically have American citizenship, Trump administration says

"This only affects children who were born outside the United States and were not US citizens. This does NOT impact birthright citizenship. This policy update does not deny citizenship to the children of US government employees or members of the military born abroad,
I can respect anyone who is willing to admit they were wrong.

If you dismiss anything and anyone that disagrees with you, and slander them terribly, destroying them as often as you can,

wpoeh.jpg

How does you smearing me as a racist, for barely referencing the demographics of immigration, match up with that?

REal issues are at play here, and people like you are successfully shutting down any real debate, with your personal attacks and panic mongering.

Walking away from it, just helps you and the other name callers, who want to maintain the status quo.

Trump administration says children of US troops born overseas do not have automatic citizenship

EDIT.....

I was wrong and falsely stated how the change worked. My apologies to all.

Some children born overseas to certain US troops may not automatically have American citizenship, Trump administration says

"This only affects children who were born outside the United States and were not US citizens. This does NOT impact birthright citizenship. This policy update does not deny citizenship to the children of US government employees or members of the military born abroad,
Thank you for the edit. Now why did the media put out the obviously deceptive story to make it appear like your original post stated?

wpoeh.jpg

How does you smearing me as a racist, for barely referencing the demographics of immigration, match up with that?

REal issues are at play here, and people like you are successfully shutting down any real debate, with your personal attacks and panic mongering.

Walking away from it, just helps you and the other name callers, who want to maintain the status quo.

When did I call you a racist?

wpoeh.jpg

Post 32

"
Hey, if that is the excuse people wish to employ for their racism that is fine with me.

I do appreciate though when people like you highlight how much they are just like the "other side" that they claim to hate so much."

wpoeh.jpg

Post 32

"
Hey, if that is the excuse people wish to employ for their racism that is fine with me.

I do appreciate though when people like you highlight how much they are just like the "other side" that they claim to hate so much."

Post 32 was a general statement, I worded it that way specifically to avoid calling you a racist.

This is a great example of the agenda driven and divisive media. They knew the whole truth, but it didnt fit their narrative, and they knew they could push that out there and millions of readers would believe it, and those readers would parrot that story out to millions of others.

Even on the radio today, progressive talk hosts were pushing the half truth version, even the congressman he had on his show was parroting the half truth.

Point is, the media in this country can barely be trusted, and I say that for all media, even fox. Every media source has an agenda, and it's nearly impossible to know if you are being told the truth. Short of actually being there to witness an event, you can never know if the story you heard has been edited, or twisted to fit a pre decided narrative.

I've said it before, most people in this country have no idea what is actually going on in the world. We only know what biased media sites tell us.

Last edited:

Children born to US government employees and military service members overseas will no longer automatically be considered US citizens, according to a policy alert from the US Citizenship and Immigration Services.

This is fucked up, what possible reason could there be to do this to those defending our nation?

Since they now have to "complete the citizenship process" will they even be considered "natural born citizens" and be eligible to run for POTUS?

Pro-military my ass, what possible reason could there be for such a policy change?

Aren't the vast majority of US troops American citizens? So this will effect like almost no one?

Yes, they are. And now their children born in a military hospital overseas will not be. Why are you ok with that?

Can you not read? Did you even open the link?

"For them to obtain a Certificate of Citizenship, their US citizen parent must apply for citizenship on their behalf,” she continued.

My daughter was born in Japan and I was required to go to the US Embassy in Tokyo to apply for her passport and US birth certificate.

How is this any different?

wpoeh.jpg

Post 32

"

Post 32 was a general statement, I worded it that way specifically to avoid calling you a racist.

You lumped anyone that opposes the change being engineered by people like you, into a group and called them racist. That is over half the country, and you smeared them all.

That is you, talking the discussion into the mud pit, not me.

There are real issues that have not been seriously or honestly discussed in this country, for generations now, because people like you shut them down every fucking time, with shit like that.

It is disgusting.

Children born to US government employees and military service members overseas will no longer automatically be considered US citizens, according to a policy alert from the US Citizenship and Immigration Services.

This is fucked up, what possible reason could there be to do this to those defending our nation?

Since they now have to "complete the citizenship process" will they even be considered "natural born citizens" and be eligible to run for POTUS?

Pro-military my ass, what possible reason could there be for such a policy change?

"For them to obtain a Certificate of Citizenship, their US citizen parent must apply for citizenship on their behalf,” she continued.

My daughter was born in Japan and I was required to go to the US Embassy in Tokyo to apply for her passport and US birth certificate.

Because at this time, they can use it to smear the President.

That is all.

That is all there is to ANYTHING, with these guys now.

Were you in the military?

Did you have to apply for her citizenship as well, before you could get the Passport?

Last edited:
You lumped anyone that opposes the change being engineered by people like you, into a group and called them racist. That is over half the country, and you smeared them all.

What kind of people are "like me"?

What change is being engineered?

Where do you get the idea that half the country thinks like you do?

Why does the color of a person's skin matter to you?

Why does it matter if the immigrants of today have a different skin color than you?

Has it occurred to you that we are not getting immigrants from white European countries anymore because they are just as well off as we are and their people have less reason to leave.

There are real issues that have not been seriously or honestly discussed in this country, for generations now, because people like you shut them down every fucking time, with shit like that.

It is disgusting.

Yet here we are having a discussion. If you felt my comment was a "dig" at you, you could have chosen to ignore it and move on and have the discussion you claim you want to have. Blaming me for your actions is sort of whiny, do you not think?

a. Liberals.

b. Demographic shift.

c. Over half the country is against illegal immigration.

Why does it matter if the immigrants of today have a different skin color than you?

Has it occurred to you that we are not getting immigrants from white European countries anymore because they are just as well off as we are and their people have less reason to leave.

a. People generally identify as groups, based on "skin color". It effects the cultures they embrace and have real world consequences that effect me and mine. D'uh.

b. Obviously that is a big part of it.

It is disgusting.

Yet here we are having a discussion. If you felt my comment was a "dig" at you, you could have chosen to ignore it and move on and have the discussion you claim you want to have. Blaming me for your actions is sort of whiny, do you not think?

We are having the conversation. It is a small conversation, on a internet forum, unlikely to have much impact. And it is likely only a matter of time, before you or some other lib, manages to bog down any discussion with the standard lib package, (race card, personal attacks,ect)

Because people like you, expect to be able to pepper a debate, with personal insults and slurs and then act like the aggrieved party, when someone calls you on it.

It is an tactic designed to prevent real debate. Because on some level, you know that your position is bullshit.

Male bovine excrement.
If both parents are US citizens, THE CHILD WILL BE A US CITIZEN.
Period.

New Citizenship Policy to Affect Roughly 25 Military Children Per Year, Officials Say

naturalization-okinawa-3000.jpg

This makes absolutely no sense to me. We send them overseas and allow their spouses to join them. Why should their children not be US citizens when both or one parent are?

And then I read it.

It actually makes a whole lot of sense. Here goes:

Under the policy, which goes into effect Oct. 29, 2019, children born abroad to U.S. citizens who meet the following conditions "are not considered to be residing in the U.S. for acquisition of citizenship" and must file an application for citizenship:

Children of parents who have never lived in the United States or established residency

Children of couples including a U.S. citizen and a non-citizen

Children of non-citizens serving in the armed forces

Non-citizen children adopted by U.S. citizens

How would you find a soldier or government employee overseas who never lived in the USA?

More @ New Citizenship Policy to Affect Roughly 25 Military Children Per Year, Officials Say

It is disgusting.

There is a difference between being qualified as the standard is now and being better or potentially better. We were supposed to see massive improvments from those supposedly denied. All we saw is up to a certain level of employment with people replaced by others and corruption expanded by those you love. NASA is a perfect example. Politically like a step child by the political class with obscene rules where parts are built and a total pc, affirmative action, quota driven department now that has lowered the standards. They must have thrown out the psyche tests to get the qualified people they need. It has become a seemingly female dominated organization with half of them lesbians. It is obvious they receive technology from other department in the government as they can not keep up. And letting private companies get involved even giving them some technology as to keep launch costs down. What a tragedy we have lost our way. We also have European, Japanese and Russian astronauts who have to put up with this. And I know they question it behind the scenes. This policy has gotten 2 shuttles destroyed.

a. Liberals.

b. Demographic shift.

c. Over half the country is against illegal immigration.

a. you are more liberal than I am.

b. what demographic is being shifted?

c. so am I. Why do you lump me in with those that are not? Seems sort of dishonest.

a. People generally identify as groups, based on "skin color". It effects the cultures they embrace and have real world consequences that effect me and mine. D'uh.

b. Obviously that is a big part of it.

a. Is that a good thing? Skin color is purely a function of biology, logically it makes no sense to separate people by it.

b. you know it is a big part of it, yet you see some grand conspiracy going on also.

We are having the conversation. It is a small conversation, on a internet forum, unlikely to have much impact. And it is likely only a matter of time, before you or some other lib, manages to bog down any discussion with the standard lib package, (race card, personal attacks,ect)

Because people like you, expect to be able to pepper a debate, with personal insults and slurs and then act like the aggrieved party, when someone calls you on it.

It is an tactic designed to prevent real debate. Because on some level, you know that your position is bullshit.

So, you claim to know "people like me" tactics, but you still fall for them and let them drive you off your message. Is that on you or "people like me"?

Forum List

Back