Zone1 Scriptural and logical evidence of Purgatory

Matthew 5:48

says Be perfect as your Father in Heaven is perfect

ha ha... right. As if we can be perfect, we who are sinners and can't seem to help being such until the day we die (and maybe even afterward. Jesus said FEW find the narrow way to Heaven...[ didn't have to tell me twice ])

so there's (one of many) Scripture psgs

Here's the logical part

If God is all good and all wise and all loving

He isn't going to toss someone into Hell... Oh, wait.. isn't going to allow someone who follows Him to pitch him/herself into Hell just because of imperfections (violations of Mt 5:48)... imperfections the person may have struggled to overcome but wasn't always successful.. and then death came before it was anticipated...
I actually have had dreams of purgatory. Not sure I would call myself Catholic though. Half family Catholic other half protestant. Was baptised as a kid.

I had many dreams as a kid of going to/ visiting purgatory. I wasn't really raised Catholic and had no knowledge of purgatory, but I had these dreams as a kid of purgatory many times. It was strange. Like I want to say as young as age 4-5 I would have dreams of purgatory, but no one taught the term to me yet and I wasn't taught about it in school. I wasn't raised Catholic.
I would get these dreams seeing people in purgatory, visiting it. It was only later in life years later after I studied many different religions including Catholicism that I learned about Purgatory and then I remembered those dreams as a kid and figured that must of been purgatory I was dreaming about.

Last edited:
I actually have had dreams of purgatory. Not sure I would call myself Catholic though. Half family Catholic other half protestant. Was baptised as a kid.

I had many dreams as a kid of going to/ visiting purgatory. I wasn't really raised Catholic and had no knowledge of purgatory, but I had these dreams as a kid of purgatory many times. It was strange. Like I want to say as young as age 4-5 I would have dreams of purgatory, but no one taught the term to me yet and I wasn't taught about it in school. I wasn't raised Catholic.
I would get these dreams seeing people in purgatory, visiting it. It was only later in life years later after I studied many different religions including Catholicism that I learned about Purgatory and then I remembered those dreams as a kid and figured that must of been purgatory I was dreaming about.
you don't say what the dreams were about so it's hard to say if they were about Purgatory

But from best info, it is like Hell except that after a soul has been purified there, it can go to Heaven whereas there is no escape from Hell (people make their decision for Heaven or Hell in this life. If they die unrepentant/impure, they cannot go to Heaven).l

you don't say what the dreams were about so it's hard to say if they were about Purgatory

But from best info, it is like Hell except that after a soul has been purified there, it can go to Heaven whereas there is no escape from Hell (people make their decision for Heaven or Hell in this life. If they die unrepentant/impure, they cannot go to Heaven).l
Yep that sounds exactly the dreams I had at like age 4.... way before I even learned of Purgatory.

ha ha... right. As if we can be perfect, we who are sinners and can't seem to help being such until the day we die (and maybe even afterward. Jesus said FEW find the narrow way to Heaven...[ didn't have to tell me twice ])

Here's the logical part

He isn't going to toss someone into Hell... Oh, wait.. isn't going to allow someone who follows Him to pitch him/herself into Hell just because of imperfections (violations of Mt 5:48)... imperfections the person may have struggled to overcome but wasn't always successful.. and then death came before it was anticipated...
Jesus didn't say-narrow is the way to heaven. He said Narrow is the road to life.( be saved)
All who know God, know 100% there is no literal eternal suffering.
There is no purgatory in the bible either.

I'm not an atheist.

There is no evidence that gods exist but there is no evidence they don't either.

Personally I don't care if gods exist or not. I don't need a god to define my purpose in life as I can do that myself.
I have evidence. You just don't want to hear it. And as soon as you do hear it, you dismiss it.

How open minded

Jesus didn't say-narrow is the way to heaven. He said Narrow is the road to life.( be saved)
All who know God, know 100% there is no literal eternal suffering.
There is no purgatory in the bible either.
Yes, there is but to those who want to be blind to it...

it isn't there bc they say it isn't there.

Not convincing, to say the least

I don't want Bidum to exist, but I tend to think he does regardless

It's always funny* to me when someone posts a thread that was meant to be a discussion between believers (Catholics and non-Catholics)... and like clockwork, the nonbelievers come along to try to change the topic to the existence of God.

If I had a nickel for every time that has happened in this section, I'd be a guhzillionaire by now.

*funny but also annoying. just start a new thread, folks, stop trying to hijack every single thread in this section.

or they say he might exist but there's no way of knowing!

Right... talk about projecting! Just because they seem to be blind to God, they think everyone else is also...

kind of self-centered, isn't it?

yep spot on

I've noticed the longer I follow Jesus, the more misery.. except that when I pray or spend time with Jesus in the Real (tangible) Presence, my sufferings ... well, I can't find words to explain, but just suffice it to say that Jesus is with us in all we suffer... and He is God.. He is the love of God incarnate.

Here's the logical part

i guess you missed the dying on the cross for all our sins part?

Romans 5:1 KJV​

Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:

Read full chapter

Titus 3:7 KJV​

That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

Read full chapter

Romans 3:28 KJV​

Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.

Read full chapter

Galatians 3:24 KJV​

Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

Read full chapter

1 Corinthians 6:11 KJV​

And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

Read full chapter

Romans 5:9 KJV​

Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.

Read full chapter

Philippians 3:9 KJV​

And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

Read full chapter

Galatians 2:16-17 KJV​

Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified. But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is therefore Christ the minister of sin? God forbid.

Read full chapter

Romans 4:25 KJV​

Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.

Read full chapter

Romans 8:30 KJV​

Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

Read full chapter

Galatians 2:16 KJV​

Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

Read full chapter

Romans 4:3 KJV​

For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness.

Read full chapter

2 Corinthians 5:21 KJV​

For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

Read full chapter

Genesis 15:6 KJV​

And he believed in the LORD; and he counted it to him for righteousness.

Read full chapter

Romans 4:2 KJV​

For if Abraham were justified by works, he hath whereof to glory; but not before God.

Read full chapter

Romans 3:20 KJV​

Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

Read full chapter

John 3:16 KJV​

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Read full chapter

Galatians 3:11 KJV​

But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.

Read full chapter

1 Corinthians 1:30 KJV​

But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:

Read full chapter

Romans 3:24 KJV​

Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

Read full chapter

Romans 2:13 KJV​

(For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.

Read full chapter

Ephesians 2:8 KJV​

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Read full chapter

Galatians 3:6 KJV​

Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.

Read full chapter

Romans 1:17 KJV​

For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

Read full chapter

Galatians 3:8 KJV​

And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.

Read full chapter

Habakkuk 2:4 KJV​

Behold, his soul which is lifted up is not upright in him: but the just shall live by his faith.

Read full chapter

2 Corinthians 5:17 KJV​

Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

Read full chapter

Romans 4:5 KJV​

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

Read full chapter

Galatians 2:20 KJV​

I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Read full chapter

John 5:24 KJV​

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

Read full chapter

James 2:26 KJV​

For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

Read full chapter

Romans 8:33 KJV​

Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God’s elect? It is God that justifieth.

Read full chapter

Ephesians 2:8-9 KJV​

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Read full chapter

Romans 8:1 KJV​

There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Read full chapter

Acts 13:39 KJV​

And by him all that believe are justified from all things, from which ye could not be justified by the law of Moses.

Read full chapter

Galatians 5:6 KJV​

For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision; but faith which worketh by love.

Read full chapter

Galatians 2:21 KJV​

I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

Read full chapter

Romans 5:18 KJV​

Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.

Read full chapter

Hebrews 12:14 KJV​

Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord:

Read full chapter

Romans 4:16 KJV​

Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all,

Read full chapter

Romans 3:4 KJV​

God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged.

Read full chapter

James 2:21 KJV​

Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar?

Read full chapter

Romans 3:26 KJV​

To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.

Read full chapter

Romans 3:22 KJV​

Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

Read full chapter

Romans 3:21 KJV​

But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

Read full chapter

Hebrews 6:4-6 KJV​

For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come, If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

Read full chapter

Galatians 3:21 KJV​

Is the law then against the promises of God? God forbid: for if there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have been by the law.

Read full chapter

Romans 3:24-26 KJV​

Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God; To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.

Read full chapter

Hebrews 2:11 KJV​

For both he that sanctifieth and they who are sanctified are all of one: for which cause he is not ashamed to call them brethren,

Read full chapter

Romans 1:16 KJV​

For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

Read full chapter

Isaiah 50:8 KJV​

He is near that justifieth me; who will contend with me? let us stand together: who is mine adversary? let him come near to me.

Read full chapter

James 2:24 KJV​

Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.

Read full chapter

James 2:20 KJV​

But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?

Read full chapter

Hebrews 11:4 KJV​

By faith Abel offered unto God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, by which he obtained witness that he was righteous, God testifying of his gifts: and by it he being dead yet speaketh.

Read full chapter

Romans 8:34 KJV​

Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.

Read full chapter

Romans 3:10 KJV​

As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:

Read full chapter

Isaiah 56:1 KJV​

Thus saith the LORD, Keep ye judgment, and do justice: for my salvation is near to come, and my righteousness to be revealed.

Read full chapter

1 Peter 2:24 KJV​

Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

Read full chapter

James 2:20-23 KJV​

But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead? Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar? Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect? And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.

Read full chapter

2 Thessalonians 2:13 KJV​

But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

Read full chapter

1 Thessalonians 4:3 KJV​

For this is the will of God, even your sanctification, that ye should abstain from fornication:

Read full chapter

Romans 3:23 KJV​

For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Read full chapter

Matthew 12:37 KJV​

For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

Read full chapter

2 Corinthians 5:19 KJV​

To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

Read full chapter

1 Corinthians 1:2 KJV​

Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both theirs and ours:

Read full chapter

Romans 11:6 KJV​

And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then is it no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.

Read full chapter

Romans 5:19 KJV​

For as by one man’s disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

Read full chapter

Romans 5:16 KJV​

And not as it was by one that sinned, so is the gift: for the judgment was by one to condemnation, but the free gift is of many offences unto justification.

Read full chapter

Romans 4:11 KJV​

And he received the sign of circumcision, a seal of the righteousness of the faith which he had yet being uncircumcised: that he might be the father of all them that believe, though they be not circumcised; that righteousness might be imputed unto them also:

Read full chapter

Romans 3:30 KJV​

Seeing it is one God, which shall justify the circumcision by faith, and uncircumcision through faith.

Read full chapter

John 17:17 KJV​

Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.

Read full chapter

Zechariah 3:4 KJV​

And he answered and spake unto those that stood before him, saying, Take away the filthy garments from him. And unto him he said, Behold, I have caused thine iniquity to pass from thee, and I will clothe thee with change of raiment.

Read full chapter

Psalms 32:2 KJV​

Blessed is the man unto whom the LORD imputeth not iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no guile.

Read full chapter

Philippians 2:13 KJV​

For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

Read full chapter

Ephesians 2:10 KJV​

For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

Read full chapter

Galatians 3:9 KJV​

So then they which be of faith are blessed with faithful Abraham.

Read full chapter

Romans 5:17 KJV​

For if by one man’s offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.)

Read full chapter

Romans 3:25 KJV​

Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;

Read full chapter

Hebrews 10:10 KJV​

By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

Read full chapter

Galatians 3:22 KJV​

But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.

Read full chapter

Romans 10:4 KJV​

For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.

Read full chapter

Romans 9:30-32 KJV​

What shall we say then? That the Gentiles, which followed not after righteousness, have attained to righteousness, even the righteousness which is of faith. But Israel, which followed after the law of righteousness, hath not attained to the law of righteousness. Wherefore? Because they sought it not by faith, but as it were by the works of the law. For they stumbled at that stumblingstone;

Read full chapter

Romans 5:2 KJV​

By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

Read full chapter

Acts 2:38 KJV​

Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Read full chapter

James 2:23 KJV​

And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.

Read full chapter

James 2:10 KJV​

For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.

Read full chapter

Hebrews 10:14 KJV​

For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.

Read full chapter

2 Corinthians 7:1 KJV​

Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.

Read full chapter

Romans 6:22 KJV​

But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life.

Read full chapter

James 2:25 KJV​

Likewise also was not Rahab the harlot justified by works, when she had received the messengers, and had sent them out another way?

Read full chapter

James 2:21-25 KJV​

Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar? Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect? And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God. Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only. Likewise also was not Rahab the harlot justified by works, when she had received the messengers, and had sent them out another way?

Read full chapter

Hebrews 10:38 KJV​

Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him.

Read full chapter

Galatians 5:4 KJV​

Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.

Rome denies that the work of Jesus Christ completely sufficient for salvation. That faith plus meritorious works must be employed for salvation (as Rome teaches) is, according to the Apostle Paul, Christological heresy (cf. Gal. 1:6-8)–it rejects the work of Christ and hence rejects the Person of the Son, Jesus Christ.

The Christ of Rome is Not a Diligent Savior; As Rome believes, He cannot keep baptized Christians In His Hand – they keep falling out – There is NO perseverance or Definite Atonement For anyone.

Rome’s doctrine of Purgatory, for example, is that when a Christian dies without un-forgiven mortal sins, but who retain either un-forgiven daily sins (viz. venial sins) or “temporal punishment” due for sins are “purged” before entering heaven, so as to be made perfect. In other words, they must suffer for these sins in a place of torment (not hell, though) to be, so to speak, “scrubbed up” (viz. purified) before they can dwell with God in heaven.

Thus, the work of Christ, according to Rome, is not completely sufficient to atone and justify a sinner–for one must suffer for his or her own atonement in order to become righteous (just) before God.

Though Scripture testifies in passages such as Hebrews 10:10-14

10:10: By his will we have been made holy through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

10:11: And every priest stands day after day serving and offering the same sacrifices again and again – sacrifices that can never take away sins.

10:12: But when this priest had offered one sacrifice for sins for all time, he sat down at the right hand of God . . .

10:14: For by one offering he has perfected for all time those who are made holy.

Romans 5:1-2:

Therefore, since we have been declared righteous by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, 5:2 through whom we have also obtained access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and we rejoice in the hope of God’s glory (NET; See Justification through Faith Alone).

As with Mormons and Jehovah’s Witnesses, we must see Catholics as men and women in need of evangelism. One cannot biblically claim to be truly Christian and reject Christ as the sole means of salvation, justification through faith alone, and engage in creaturely worship.

Purgatory is a place Catholics believe saved people go when they die to undergo purification and suffering for their sins. It is not a permanent place because eventually these people move on after they have suffered enough and finished their sanctification process.

The Catholic Church teaches that other Catholics can pray for those in purgatory and even pay “indulgences” to shorten the time served in purgatory. You can try, but you will find no mention of purgatory or anything like it in the Bible. You will find this, though.

“And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment: So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.”
Hebrews 9:27-28

So, we die and then we face judgment. At death, our chances have run out. We either face the great white throne judgement before being cast into the lake of fire (Revelation 20:11-15), or we will stand before the judgment seat of Christ before spending eternity in the presence of the Lord (2 Corinthians 5:10). Purgatory simply doesn’t exist, despite how comforting it may be to think we can help loved ones get into Heaven.

Purgatory is another way that the Catholic Church undercuts Christ’s power to save by indicating we need to work off our sin debt rather than Jesus’ payment on the cross being enough. Plus, the indulgences are a handy fundraiser for the Catholic Church, as well.

I have evidence. You just don't want to hear it. And as soon as you do hear it, you dismiss it.

How open minded
No you really don't have evidence.

All you have is the bible and the god of the faps fallacy

Yes, there is but to those who want to be blind to it...

it isn't there bc they say it isn't there.

Not convincing, to say the least

I don't want Bidum to exist, but I tend to think he does regardless
Show us purgatory please. I have read the bible a few x-i never saw purgatory.

Show us purgatory please. I have read the bible a few x-i never saw purgatory.
Maybe you shouldn't look for the WORD. The WORD Bible is not there either. And there are other concepts not found there also.

but there is plenty about a place of purgation and being purged AFTER death.

In the Old T, there is the book of Maccabbees, thrown out by Luther and other protestants.

then there is (I believe it is) Mt 18:23 where it speaks of one who is Forgiven but then refuses to forgive his fellow man who owed less than he did, so he is "turned over to the torturers until the last penny is paid."

23Therefore is the kingdom of heaven likened to a king, who would take an account of his servants. 24And when he had begun to take the account, one as brought to him, that owed him ten thousand talents. 25And as he had not wherewith to pay it, his lord commanded that he should be sold, and his wife and children, and all that he had, and payment to be made. 26But that servant falling down, besought him, saying: Have patience with me, and I will pay thee all. 27And the lord of that servant being moved with pity, let him go and forgave him the debt. 28But when that servant was gone out, he found one of his fellow-servants that owed him an hundred pence: and laying hold of him, he throttled him, saying: Pay what thou owest. 29And his fellow-servant falling down, besought him, saying: Have patience with me, and I will pay thee all. 30And he would not: but went and cast him into prison, till he paid the debt. 31Now his fellow servants seeing what was done, were very much grieved, and they came, and told their lord all that was done. 32Then his lord called him: and said to him: Thou wicked servant, I forgave thee all the debt, because thou besoughtest me: 33Shouldst not thou then have had compassion also on thy fellow servant, even as I had compassion on thee? 34And his lord being angry, delivered him to the torturers until he paid all the debt. 35So also shall my heavenly Father do to you, if you forgive not every one his brother from your hearts.

Mt 18:23

We all HOPE that Mt 18:23 is speaking of Purgatory

not Hell

Forum List

Back