Sea level potential rise doubles in new study

Would you please explain to me with the Ice melting(Above 32 degrees) how do polar vortex Subzero(below 32 degrees) temperatures happen? I see that consensus science "MAY" end the earth in 10 years, which it didn't, then it was supposed to end in 15 years , which it didn't, now it is supposed to be 100 years from now? When you keep lowering the bar, eventually it "MIGHT" happen.

IPCC confirmed that global warming was a redistribution scam, why don't you understand this? Because liberal, left wing religious fanatical nut jobs, don't like US bashing your religion.

LOLOLOLOLOL......that is some of the silliest, most deranged, utterly ignorant garbage ever posted, androgenousjizeater. Not to mention your baldfaced lies.

Your complete ignorance about science and dumbfounded disbelief in science do not actually constitute an argument, fuckwit. They just demonstrate what a clueless crackpot you are.
Notice how the libidiot didn't answer my question, just threw at me insults, typical of a public educated buffoon?

Deniers, I'm sorry about taking your lunch money every day on the playground. I couldn't resist. It wasn't about the money. It was about how you cried so amusingly, like you're crying now. Now that I've apologized, will you stop weeping about the past humiliations that the mean ol' liberals have inflicted on you? And no, I can't promise that I'll stop humiliating you for how badly you stink at science, logic, history, common sense, and life in general.

Now, back to the thread topic, sea level rise, which deniers are working so hard to deflect from. Here are a few recent news items.

Seas Rising but Florida Keeps Building on the Coast
---
Therein lies the uneasy reality in South Florida, home to 6 million people and projected to grow by 3 million over the next three decades. Its very existence depends on the continued allure of the beaches, waterways and natural environment. Yet, by 2050, an estimated $15 billion to $36 billion of Florida’s coastal property will be threatened by sea-level rise, according to a report last year from the Risky Business Project, a Bloomberg Philanthropies effort that quantifies economic risks from climate change.
---

Monterey prepares for sea level rise
---
MONTEREY, Calif. —The city of Monterey wants to be prepared for any rises in sea level. The report staff are working with shows that by 2100, the sea levels will rise 5 feet along southern Monterey Bay.
---

As sea levels rise, Rotterdam shows how to live with water
---
When a big storm hits a coastal city like New York or New Orleans, it's often the storm surge that does the most damage — the rising water that comes with low atmospheric pressure.

But when the next big one hits Rotterdam, the Maeslant storm surge barrier will be ready for it.

The Maeslant structure is the biggest mobile barrier in the world — picture a pair of steel lattices twice the size of the Eiffel Tower, lying down on either side of the channel connecting the Netherlands’ second-biggest city to the North Sea. The Dutch built the massive gate in the 1990s to protect Rotterdam from a storm surge of up to three meters.
---
I'm just curious, what do you supposed is causing the rise? Antarctica is gaining ice, and Greenland isn't melting anything unusual. So where does all the new water come from?

BTW, excuse me for laughing, you should be trying out at the comedy clubs with this material.

Also, I couldn't stop laughing at this:

"Therein lies the uneasy reality in South Florida, home to 6 million people and projected to grow by 3 million over the next three decades."

There is concern and 3 million more people are going to be there. Dudette, doesn't get better than that sentence right there.

Have someone who can read, tell you what this says...

Why is southern sea ice increasing?
Antarctic sea ice has been growing over the last few decades but it certainly is not due to cooling - the Southern Ocean has shown warming over same period. Increasing southern sea ice is due to a combination of complex phenomena including cyclonic winds around Antarctica and changes in ocean circulation.
Common Core science anyone? Ice must melt so then it will increase. And the worse part about this, is that there are people out there that actually believe this shit..

No, little retard, the worst part is that there are clueless, anti-science idiots like you and JustCrazy who can't find your own asses using both hands, a roadmap and a GPS, but still imagine that you understand climate science better than the actual scientists. LOLOL.
well we both know you have no idea about climate science and impact of sea level potentials.

LOLOLOLOL.....That is hilarious, coming from a ignorant, anti-science, nutbagger troll like JustCrazy, who literally has "no idea about climate science" or much of anything else.

As he continually demonstrates....like his statement above...."Greenland isn't melting anything unusual".....while in the real world....

Greenland's ice melt accelerating as surface darkens, raising sea levels | Environment | The Guardian
The Guardian › ... › Climate change
Mar 3, 2016 - At the same time, summer near-surface temperatures in Greenland have increased at a rate of around ...
Massive Glacier In Northeastern Greenland Is Melting At An Accelerated Rate | IFLScience
www.iflscience.com › environment › ma...
Nov 12, 2015 - If the entire glacier in the northeast of Greenland melted, then global sea levels would rise by an ...
Greenland ice sheet - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Wikipedia › wiki › Greenland_ice_sheet
Jump to The melting ice sheet - The Greenland ice sheet is a vast body of ice .... that it is melting at a rate of about 239 cubic kilometers (57 cu mi) per year. ... an accelerating rate in recent years.
Greenland's Ice Is Melting Faster | UCAR Center for Science Education
scied.ucar.edu › longcontent › greenland...
Greenland's accelerating rate of ice melt is one of many major changes in the region. The amount of sea ice in the Arctic ...
Greenland ice melt 'accelerating' say scientists | Climate Home - climate change news
www.climatechangenews.com › greenlan...
Apr 14, 2014 - NEWS: Greenland's ice loss is accelerating, suggesting that the ... They calculate that between April 2003 and April 2012, the region was losing ice at the rate of 10 billion tons a year.
Greenland Ice Melt Accelerating, Satellite Data Shows | Climate Change - Live Science
www.livescience.com › Planet Earth
Nov 19, 2012 - Satellite measurements show that Greenland loses 200 gigatons of ice each year , the amount of ice ...
Icy Greenland melting at accelerating rate, study finds | Fox News
Fox News › science › 2012/11/30 › icy-g...
Nov 30, 2012 - Ice loss in Antarctica and Greenland has contributed nearly half an inch to the rise in sea levels in the ...
Dude , the magic word is accelerating, it's so disingenuous

Accelerating is not a magic word. Melting is the magic word. Accelerating is simply a modifier - makes it that much worse.

So, where is your evidence that Greenland is not melting?

Where is your evidence that the almost all of the world's glaciers aren't melting?

Where is your evidence that glacial flow off Antarctica hasn't dramatically ACCELERATED?

Where is your evidence that the world's temperatures are not rising, particularly at the poles?

[NOTE: from this point on would be a thread hijack, please treat as purely rhetorical]

Where is your evidence that CO2 doesn't absorb IR?

Where is your evidence that it doesn't emit IR?

Where is your evidence that it's leaving the planet?

Where is the evidence for anything you claim to believe?

I repeat jc

Where is your evidence that Greenland is not melting? Something to counter this:

g-fig5.19.jpg

Greenland Ice Mass Balance
www.arctic.noaa.gov

Where is your evidence that the almost all of the world's glaciers aren't melting? Something to counter this:

2-1-9-mccall.jpg

Glacier_Melt_McCarty_1909-2004.jpg

image.jpg

images

38_4_c365-6-l.jpg

Where is your evidence that glacial flow off Antarctica hasn't dramatically ACCELERATED? Something to counter this:

3_26_15_Andrea_Antarcitciceshelves_1050_942_s_c1_c_c.jpg

News | West Antarctic Glacier Loss Appears Unstoppable
West Antarctic Glacier Loss Appears Unstoppable
rignot-640.jpg

Where is your evidence that the world's temperatures are not rising, particularly at the poles? Something to counter this:

2000px-Global_Temperature_Anomaly.svg.png

noaa-jan-may-temps.jpg

Polar warming, Jan-May 2016
Global Analysis - May 2016 | State of the Climate | National Centers for Environmental Information (NCEI)

Eh?

Last edited:
Accelerating is not a magic word. Melting is the magic word. Accelerating is simply a modifier - makes it that much worse.

Where is your evidence that the almost all of the world's glaciers aren't melting?

Where is your evidence that glacial flow off Antarctica hasn't dramatically ACCELERATED?

Where is your evidence that the world's temperatures are not rising, particularly at the poles?

[NOTE: from this point on would be a thread hijack, please treat as purely rhetorical]

Where is your evidence that CO2 doesn't absorb IR?

Where is your evidence that it doesn't emit IR?

Where is your evidence that it's leaving the planet?

Where is the evidence for anything you claim to believe?

Who said Greenland didn't have ice melting? It happens every year. They also have ice calving as glaciers move every year. Most of that goes into the ocean as Ice Bergs, the Titanic hit one a long time ago, made a movie about it as well. See, things like this have been going on for a long time.

BTW, by the time the next solstice is here, I expect that the melt season will have ended and Greenland is back to making ice. It happens annually.

Do you have something that shows that doesn't happen?

What have you got that says it has? someone using the word ACCELERATED? LOL

BTW, do you know why glaciers actually move? It isn't because of melt. But why educate yourself, deal with your delusions of acceleration that makes absolutely no sense on a continent that mainly never gets to 32F and the core 12F most never in the records.

I repeat jc

Where is your evidence that Greenland is not melting? Something to counter this:

g-fig5.19.jpg

Greenland Ice Mass Balance
www.arctic.noaa.gov

Where is your evidence that the almost all of the world's glaciers aren't melting? Something to counter this:

2-1-9-mccall.jpg

Glacier_Melt_McCarty_1909-2004.jpg

image.jpg

images

38_4_c365-6-l.jpg

Where is your evidence that glacial flow off Antarctica hasn't dramatically ACCELERATED? Something to counter this:

3_26_15_Andrea_Antarcitciceshelves_1050_942_s_c1_c_c.jpg

West Antarctic Glacier Loss Appears Unstoppable
rignot-640.jpg

Where is your evidence that the world's temperatures are not rising, particularly at the poles? Something to counter this:

2000px-Global_Temperature_Anomaly.svg.png

noaa-jan-may-temps.jpg

Polar warming, Jan-May 2016
Global Analysis - May 2016 | State of the Climate | National Centers for Environmental Information (NCEI)

Eh?
it's a funny thing pictures, one can't really tell much, since one doesn't know the season the photos were actually taken.

Should I post ships that get caught in the summer ice near Antarctica? Yeah, why not.

Forecast: More Vessels Stuck in Antarctic Ice

"Just as the Russian vessel Akademik Shokalskiy and the Chinese vessel sent to rescue it were finally dislodged from the ice after being stuck since Christmas Eve, three fishing vessels have followed a United States icebreaker deep into the Ross Sea to access ice-choked fishing grounds that would otherwise be impossible for their vessels to penetrate.

The three longline fishing vessels (Korean Kostar and Sunstar and the Russian Yantar 31) that have followed the United States icebreaker research vessel (Nathaniel B. Palmer) deep into the ice of the Ross Sea (photo by Laughlin Barker).
The height of summer in the Antarctic brings the peak research, tourist, and fishing season, yet the temperatures are still usually well below freezing and the ice conditions remain unpredictable and often treacherous. Despite the increasing frequency of vessel accidents in the Antarctic, there are currently no regulations to ensure that vessels venturing into the Southern Ocean are fit to endure the harsh and icy conditions."

How about this one:

All 52 passengers rescued from ship trapped in Antarctic ice - CNN.com

"All 52 passengers rescued from ship trapped in Antarctic ice

By Jethro Mullen, CNN

Updated 3:16 PM ET, Thu January 2, 2014

140102151143-antarctic-ship-rescue---s029776129-horizontal-large-gallery.jpg

52 passengers rescued from trapped ship 01:43
Story highlights
  • Chief mate: Passengers are very happy now to be on the Australian icebreaker
  • He thanks Chinese icebreaker crew whose helicopter ferried 52 to safety
  • "It's 100% we're off! A huge thanks to all," a professor on the ship tweets
  • 22 Russian crew members are still on board the trapped ship, the MV Akademik Shokalskiy
After 10 days stranded far from home, all 52 passengers from a ship stuck in Antarctic ice have now been transferred by helicopter to an Australian icebreaker.
"It's 100% we're off! A huge thanks to all," tweeted Chris Turney, an Australian professor among the group of scientists, journalists and tourists marooned on the ship.
A helicopter from a nearby Chinese icebreaker ferried passengers Thursday to the Australian icebreaker, the Aurora Australis.
The rescue is the latest chapter in a saga that began Christmas Eve after the Russian-flagged MV Akademik Shokalskiy got stuck in unusually thick ice."

Look, the year is 2014, holy sht just two years ago. Look at all that acceleration. BTW, the sea level never rose due to the bergs either. Funny eh?

Crick said:

Who said Greenland didn't have ice melting?

You did

I'm just curious, what do you supposed is causing the rise? Antarctica is gaining ice, and Greenland isn't melting anything unusual. So where does all the new water come from?

It happens every year. They also have ice calving as glaciers move every year. Most of that goes into the ocean as Ice Bergs, the Titanic hit one a long time ago, made a movie about it as well. See, things like this have been going on for a long time.

BTW, by the time the next solstice is here, I expect that the melt season will have ended and Greenland is back to making ice. It happens annually.

Greenland's ice mass loss, along with the much smaller seasonal signal, is displayed in the first data graph in post #345

Crick said:

Again, from post #345, I've got this:

BTW, do you know why glaciers actually move?

Yes, I do

It isn't because of melt.

I never said the Antarctic glaciers had accelerated due to melt. I have repeatedly said it is due to the breakup of coastal ice sheets which had previously blocked their flow.

But why educate yourself, deal with your delusions of acceleration that makes absolutely no sense on a continent that mainly never gets to 32F and the core 12F most never in the records.

Rather than trying to falsely comfort yourself with numbers, why don't you look u some facts? Antarctic glaciers are accelerating dramatically.

it's a funny thing pictures, one can't really tell much, since one doesn't know the season the photos were actually taken.

Data graphs aren't photos. And if you think the amount of ice loss in those glacier side-by-side comparisons represent a SEASONAL change, you're a complete, bag-snorting fucking idiot.

Should I post ships that get caught in the summer ice near Antarctica?

No, you should post evidence to support the many ignorant claims you've made. The story of the ice breaker stuck in the ice does no such thing you fucking idiot.

Crick said:

Who said Greenland didn't have ice melting?

You did

It happens every year. They also have ice calving as glaciers move every year. Most of that goes into the ocean as Ice Bergs, the Titanic hit one a long time ago, made a movie about it as well. See, things like this have been going on for a long time.

Greenland's ice mass loss, along with the much smaller seasonal signal, is displayed in the first data graph in post #345

Crick said:

Again, from post #345, I've got this:

BTW, do you know why glaciers actually move?

Yes, I do

It isn't because of melt.

I never said the Antarctic glaciers had accelerated due to melt. I have repeatedly said it is due to the breakup of coastal ice sheets which had previously blocked their flow.

But why educate yourself, deal with your delusions of acceleration that makes absolutely no sense on a continent that mainly never gets to 32F and the core 12F most never in the records.

Rather than trying to falsely comfort yourself with numbers, why don't you look u some facts? Antarctic glaciers are accelerating dramatically.
Crick, you really need to learn how to read. Or at least learn some different words and phrases. Note my comment more closely:

so again, I never stated Greenland doesn't melt. Dude, I never said it. quit making up lies cause you can't read.

Accelerating not. Let me again state, all you have is someone using the word with no evidence of that state. Sorry.

And because there is no accelerating, there is no chance that anyone will know what sea levels will be, so the premise is just wrong from all angles. But, I know you don't care. I do.

I don't like manipulation for money.

Data graphs aren't photos. And if you think the amount of ice loss in those glacier side-by-side comparisons represent a SEASONAL change, you're a complete, bag-snorting fucking idiot.

Should I post ships that get caught in the summer ice near Antarctica?

No, you should post evidence to support the many ignorant claims you've made. The story of the ice breaker stuck in the ice does no such thing you fucking idiot.

So ships stuck in summer ice isn't evidence, too funny. Yeah keep feeding the masses the fudged up data that your warmer kooks keep manipulating. I'll keep laughing.

Of WHAT do you think A ship stuck in ice in A location is evidence? That there is sea ice around the Antarctic and that the wind moves it around? Ooh, there's some earthshaking news.

Of WHAT do you think A ship stuck in ice in A location is evidence? That there is sea ice around the Antarctic and that the wind moves it around? Ooh, there's some earthshaking news.
Why were they there? Hahahaha

I think they were looking for that brain you lost a while back, JustCrazy....obviously, no one found it.....
Right? Cause there boats got stuck and they evacuated, cause they weren't expecting sea ice in summer. And bingo, it trapped them, those scientists who know all about ice and climate. Excuse me while I laugh

I think they were looking for that brain you lost a while back, JustCrazy....obviously, no one found it.....
Right? Cause there boats got stuck and they evacuated, cause they weren't expecting sea ice in summer. And bingo, it trapped them, those scientists who know all about ice and climate. Excuse me while I laugh

Moronic misinformation and spin about a meaningless incident that has nothing whatsoever to do with the mountains of scientific evidence supporting the reality of human caused global warming and its consequent climate disruptions and changes. You are a gullible retard, JustCrazy!

Moronic misinformation and spin about a meaningless incident that has nothing whatsoever to do with the mountains of scientific evidence supporting the reality of human caused global warming and its consequent climate disruptions and changes. You are a gullible retard, JustCrazy!
Except that it is hilarious that you can't see the irony. But you seem to lack the ability to see facts as they are. I'm Use to it in here.

Being ironic doesn't make it evidence of squat.
Sure it does, they obviously didn't expect ice or are you saying they purposely sailed into that ice so they'd need saving? Dude that's special.

Dude, that's less than nothing. They obviously DID expect ice - it's what the expedition was intended to observe.

Forum List

Back