Sea level potential rise doubles in new study

This time last year(the 2nd week of May) we were hovering around in 80 degree temperatures. Liberals were calling it unusually warm and a couple degrees above normal as Global Warming was affecting the world. How is it that if there is Global Warming year after year,(which is causing the ice caps to melt) that the temperatures are rising year after year? Because liberals are the stupidest people on the planet.
The forecast for the week is as follows
Washington, DC

This time last year(the 2nd week of May) we were hovering around in 80 degree temperatures. Liberals were calling it unusually warm and a couple degrees above normal as Global Warming was affecting the world. How is it that if there is Global Warming year after year,(which is causing the ice caps to melt) that the temperatures are rising year after year? Because liberals are the stupidest people on the planet.
Washington, DC
How is it that if there is Global Warming year after year,(which is causing the ice caps to melt) that the temperatures are rising year after year

I think you meant 'are not rising' right?

BTW, it would be they'd tell you that in Australia it does. the rest of the world doesn't fking matter, but if it happens in Australia it's gold.

BTW, it makes me laugh the stupid.

Washington, DC
How is it that if there is Global Warming year after year,(which is causing the ice caps to melt) that the temperatures are rising year after year

BTW, it would be they'd tell you that in Australia it does. the rest of the world doesn't fking matter, but if it happens in Australia it's gold.

What are some examples of hyperbole?
Hyperbole is the use of exaggeration as a rhetorical device or figure of speech.

Some common examples:

• I am so hungry I could eat a horse.
  • I had a ton of chores to do.
Examples from literature:

From Flannery O'Connor's Parker's Back: "And the skin on her face was thin and drawn tight like the skin on an onion and her eyes were gray and sharp like the points of two ice picks."
I use this to mock the liberal argument that if the Globe is Warming, why is the temperature not as high as it was last year? Are you down under? You are heading into your wintertime now, how is the weather?

Washington, DC

Hyperbole is the use of exaggeration as a rhetorical device or figure of speech.

Some common examples:

From Flannery O'Connor's Parker's Back: "And the skin on her face was thin and drawn tight like the skin on an onion and her eyes were gray and sharp like the points of two ice picks."
I use this to mock the liberal argument that if the Globe is Warming, why is the temperature not as high as it was last year? Are you down under? You are heading into your wintertime now, how is the weather?
no, not down under, sitting in frigid Chicago. Almost the middle of May and still can't get above 55 degrees during the day. Every time I post my weather, someone always posts Australia, cause somewhere cold means there is somewhere warm or hot. Always their argument. To a degree true, but then it means there is no added heat which destroys their warmer claim. But they can't see that. No sireee.

Forgot, the wind chill is below 50 so the real feel makes it colder than the thermometer says.

Washington, DC

Some common examples:

no, not down under, sitting in frigid Chicago. Almost the middle of May and still can't get above 55 degrees during the day. Every time I post my weather, someone always posts Australia, cause somewhere cold means there is somewhere warm or hot. Always their argument. To a degree true, but then it means there is no added heat which destroys their warmer claim. But they can't see that. No sireee.

Forgot, the wind chill is below 50 so the real feel makes it colder than the thermometer says.
Well it is true that when it is Wintertime in America it is Summertime in Australia. What I found funny as hell, was when I posted the GW scientists that got trapped in the Antarctic ice freeze, in the middle of their summertime, and not one libidiot could explain that event.

'Stuck in our own experiment': Leader of trapped team insists polar ice is melting | Fox News
'Stuck in our own experiment': Leader of trapped team insists polar ice is melting

the-word-liberal-is-a-synonym-for-liberals-idiots-politics-1339805635.jpg

Washington, DC

Some common examples:

Well it is true that when it is Wintertime in America it is Summertime in Australia. What I found funny as hell, was when I posted the GW scientists that got trapped in the Antarctic ice freeze, in the middle of their summertime, and not one libidiot could explain that event.

'Stuck in our own experiment': Leader of trapped team insists polar ice is melting | Fox News
'Stuck in our own experiment': Leader of trapped team insists polar ice is melting

View attachment 74333
the other one is the arctic Polar Vortex that for the last several years has moved south into the US sometimes as far as Florida. And then they'll say it's warmer in the Arctic. Well duh, all the cold left and came down here. They can't even remain consistent to their own arguments about where one area is cold another is warm. Well sure it is. The sun isn't spewing anymore heat. Dude it's a knee slapper for sure around this message board daily.

And the best is when they claim it got warmer globally. How? It's all I ever ask, and they claim the magic of CO2. So CO2 acts as a sun now. Wow. Then I ask they prove their hypothesis and they call me names cause they can't validate it. It just is cause someone studied it, or made a mathematical model. Yet, no observed anything. Nadda. big ass nothing.

Some common examples:

View attachment 74333
the other one is the arctic Polar Vortex that for the last several years has moved south into the US sometimes as far as Florida. And then they'll say it's warmer in the Arctic. Well duh, all the cold left and came down here. They can't even remain consistent to their own arguments about where one area is cold another is warm. Well sure it is. The sun isn't spewing anymore heat. Dude it's a knee slapper for sure around this message board daily.

And the best is when they claim it got warmer globally. How? It's all I ever ask, and they claim the magic of CO2. So CO2 acts as a sun now. Wow. Then I ask they prove their hypothesis and they call me names cause they can't validate it. It just is cause someone studied it, or made a mathematical model. Yet, no observed anything. Nadda. big ass nothing.
The reason why liberals point to CO2 as being the reason for GW, is that before the industrial revolution, the CO2 of the Atmosphere was 0.03%(three one hundredths of one percent) and 100 years later it has increased to 0.04%(four one hundredths of one percent). Without factoring in planetary CO2, not man made. If you realize that liberals hate all humanity, even themselves, then you understand why they blame everyone else for the woes of the planet, yet they continue to use the electricity that is generated by CO2 products, type on plastics that came from CO2 products, breathe out CO2, drive around in vehicles that use CO2 products, and warm their houses using CO2 products. I keep asking them to do the world a favor and remove themselves from the equation by eliminating themselves but they don't ever do that, because it is THEIR world and they don't want to share it with the rest of us.

Washington, DC

Almost invariably, these people are emotional hemophiliacs......they get hysterical over something every day of their lives. Every poll shows people are not sitting around worrying about global warming. These people do because it is how they are wired. Fringe thinkers..........we all work with a handful of these types of people....the people who have to leave work hours ahead of a little snowstorm. The people who have to run to the ER if they or somebody in their family gets a sniffle. The people who have mental meltdown if somebody is 20 minutes late to a party. So offuckingcourse they are going to get mental if they see the sea level rise by 1.5 millimeters. Normal people don't have time to waste mental energy on this kind of shit:up:!! Exactly why the polls list global warming at the very bottom of voter concerns ( 21st out of 22 issues :spinner:)

Plane lands at South Pole in daring winter medical rescue
WASHINGTON (AP) — After flying through dangerous dark and cold, a rescue plane landed Tuesday at the South Pole to evacuate a sick worker from a remote U.S. science station, federal officials said.

The temperature Tuesday afternoon at the South Pole station was minus 75 degrees (minus 60 Celsius), with a wind chill that makes it feel like minus 108 degrees (minus 78 Celsius) according to the science foundation's weather station and webcam.
The libidiots always harp when the temperature gets around 90 degrees, then yell global warming, yet when temperatures reach well under 70 degrees below zero(0), not one peep. The dumbing down of America has proven that when uneducated people don't know REAL science, not consensus science, a fool and his money is soon parted.

IPCC Official: Climate Policy Is about Wealth Redistribution, Not Environment
German economist and IPCC official Ottmar Edenhofer gave an eye-opening interview to Neue Zürcher Zeitung (translated here), in which he said that “one must say clearly that we redistribute de facto the world’s wealth by climate policy….This has almost nothing to do with environmental policy anymore.” Mr. Edenhofer was appointed as joint chair of Working Group 3 at the Twenty-Ninth Session of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) in Geneva, Switzerland.
Straight from the horses mouth.

WASHINGTON (AP) — After flying through dangerous dark and cold, a rescue plane landed Tuesday at the South Pole to evacuate a sick worker from a remote U.S. science station, federal officials said.

The temperature Tuesday afternoon at the South Pole station was minus 75 degrees (minus 60 Celsius), with a wind chill that makes it feel like minus 108 degrees (minus 78 Celsius) according to the science foundation's weather station and webcam.
The libidiots always harp when the temperature gets around 90 degrees, then yell global warming, yet when temperatures reach well under 70 degrees below zero(0), not one peep. The dumbing down of America has proven that when uneducated people don't know REAL science, not consensus science, a fool and his money is soon parted.

German economist and IPCC official Ottmar Edenhofer gave an eye-opening interview to Neue Zürcher Zeitung (translated here), in which he said that “one must say clearly that we redistribute de facto the world’s wealth by climate policy….This has almost nothing to do with environmental policy anymore.” Mr. Edenhofer was appointed as joint chair of Working Group 3 at the Twenty-Ninth Session of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) in Geneva, Switzerland.

oh they still peep but then it is "climate change "

--LOL

the terms change as fast as the weather

--LOL

You boys ain't so swift, ere you? It is not a temperature change on a specific day or week. It is the average over an extended period of time and the extremes that come from climate change are ones through heat and cold. Summers will get hotter and winters will get colder, and storms will get more intense.

Read a little...

If Donald Trump and the National Inquirer say the World is Flat....then his Cult members know the world is flat.

You boys ain't so swift, ere you? It is not a temperature change on a specific day or week. It is the average over an extended period of time and the extremes that come from climate change are ones through heat and cold. Summers will get hotter and winters will get colder, and storms will get more intense.

Read a little...
Could you please inform US when these storms will get more intense. I mean after Katrina in 2005, we have less frequent and less intense storms? So do we have to wait 100 years for the end or maybe 1000 years?

th.jpg

Read a little...
Since the last ice age ended what caused that warming period, because man wasn't industrialized then? Before that iceage, the temperature of the Earth was much warmer than it is today, why was that, because there were no automobiles around for dinosaurs to drive in? Just because your liberals want to steal from the working class, and then take the money to give to their liberal special interest groups, making them UBER RICH, you just kiss their ass and bend over for them to penetrate you in the name of Global Warming Religious Fanaticism. Elon Musk's growing empire is fueled by $4.9 billion in government subsidies
Elon Musk's growing empire is fueled by $4.9 billion in government subsidies
Tesla stock tanks as Wall Street reacts to bid for SolarCity
Tesla stock tanks as Wall Street reacts to bid for SolarCity
Must be nice to be a 1%'er and not have OWS on your ass.

Deniers, I'm sorry about taking your lunch money every day on the playground. I couldn't resist. It wasn't about the money. It was about how you cried so amusingly, like you're crying now. Now that I've apologized, will you stop weeping about the past humiliations that the mean ol' liberals have inflicted on you? And no, I can't promise that I'll stop humiliating you for how badly you stink at science, logic, history, common sense, and life in general.

Now, back to the thread topic, sea level rise, which deniers are working so hard to deflect from. Here are a few recent news items.

Seas Rising but Florida Keeps Building on the Coast
---
Therein lies the uneasy reality in South Florida, home to 6 million people and projected to grow by 3 million over the next three decades. Its very existence depends on the continued allure of the beaches, waterways and natural environment. Yet, by 2050, an estimated $15 billion to $36 billion of Florida’s coastal property will be threatened by sea-level rise, according to a report last year from the Risky Business Project, a Bloomberg Philanthropies effort that quantifies economic risks from climate change.
---

Monterey prepares for sea level rise
---
MONTEREY, Calif. —The city of Monterey wants to be prepared for any rises in sea level. The report staff are working with shows that by 2100, the sea levels will rise 5 feet along southern Monterey Bay.
---

As sea levels rise, Rotterdam shows how to live with water
---
When a big storm hits a coastal city like New York or New Orleans, it's often the storm surge that does the most damage — the rising water that comes with low atmospheric pressure.

But when the next big one hits Rotterdam, the Maeslant storm surge barrier will be ready for it.

The Maeslant structure is the biggest mobile barrier in the world — picture a pair of steel lattices twice the size of the Eiffel Tower, lying down on either side of the channel connecting the Netherlands’ second-biggest city to the North Sea. The Dutch built the massive gate in the 1990s to protect Rotterdam from a storm surge of up to three meters.
---

Deniers, I'm sorry about taking your lunch money every day on the playground. I couldn't resist. It wasn't about the money. It was about how you cried so amusingly, like you're crying now. Now that I've apologized, will you stop weeping about the past humiliations that the mean ol' liberals have inflicted on you? And no, I can't promise that I'll stop humiliating you for how badly you stink at science, logic, history, common sense, and life in general.

Now, back to the thread topic, sea level rise, which deniers are working so hard to deflect from. Here are a few recent news items.

---
Therein lies the uneasy reality in South Florida, home to 6 million people and projected to grow by 3 million over the next three decades. Its very existence depends on the continued allure of the beaches, waterways and natural environment. Yet, by 2050, an estimated $15 billion to $36 billion of Florida’s coastal property will be threatened by sea-level rise, according to a report last year from the Risky Business Project, a Bloomberg Philanthropies effort that quantifies economic risks from climate change.
---

---
MONTEREY, Calif. —The city of Monterey wants to be prepared for any rises in sea level. The report staff are working with shows that by 2100, the sea levels will rise 5 feet along southern Monterey Bay.
---

---
When a big storm hits a coastal city like New York or New Orleans, it's often the storm surge that does the most damage — the rising water that comes with low atmospheric pressure.

But when the next big one hits Rotterdam, the Maeslant storm surge barrier will be ready for it.

The Maeslant structure is the biggest mobile barrier in the world — picture a pair of steel lattices twice the size of the Eiffel Tower, lying down on either side of the channel connecting the Netherlands’ second-biggest city to the North Sea. The Dutch built the massive gate in the 1990s to protect Rotterdam from a storm surge of up to three meters.
---
I'm just curious, what do you supposed is causing the rise? Antarctica is gaining ice, and Greenland isn't melting anything unusual. So where does all the new water come from?

BTW, excuse me for laughing, you should be trying out at the comedy clubs with this material.

Also, I couldn't stop laughing at this:

"Therein lies the uneasy reality in South Florida, home to 6 million people and projected to grow by 3 million over the next three decades."

There is concern and 3 million more people are going to be there. Dudette, doesn't get better than that sentence right there.

---
---

---
---

---

---
I'm just curious, what do you supposed is causing the rise? Antarctica is gaining ice, and Greenland isn't melting anything unusual. So where does all the new water come from?

BTW, excuse me for laughing, you should be trying out at the comedy clubs with this material.

Also, I couldn't stop laughing at this:

"Therein lies the uneasy reality in South Florida, home to 6 million people and projected to grow by 3 million over the next three decades."

There is concern and 3 million more people are going to be there. Dudette, doesn't get better than that sentence right there.

Have someone who can read, tell you what this says...

Why is southern sea ice increasing?
:

Forum List

Back