Sea level potential rise doubles in new study

I'm just curious, what do you supposed is causing the rise?

Thermal expansion of seawater, and the massively increased melt off of Greenland and Antarctica. Concepts that fourth-graders understand, but which appear to be beyond you.

Remember, the directly measured evidence won't away, no matter how loudly you pray to the gods of your liars' cult by lying by denying it.

JC,

Could you explain to us how the world could be getting warmer WITHOUT the ocean expanding?

Deniers, I'm sorry about taking your lunch money every day on the playground. I couldn't resist. It wasn't about the money. It was about how you cried so amusingly, like you're crying now. Now that I've apologized, will you stop weeping about the past humiliations that the mean ol' liberals have inflicted on you? And no, I can't promise that I'll stop humiliating you for how badly you stink at science, logic, history, common sense, and life in general.

Now, back to the thread topic, sea level rise, which deniers are working so hard to deflect from. Here are a few recent news items.

Seas Rising but Florida Keeps Building on the Coast
---
Therein lies the uneasy reality in South Florida, home to 6 million people and projected to grow by 3 million over the next three decades. Its very existence depends on the continued allure of the beaches, waterways and natural environment. Yet, by 2050, an estimated $15 billion to $36 billion of Florida’s coastal property will be threatened by sea-level rise, according to a report last year from the Risky Business Project, a Bloomberg Philanthropies effort that quantifies economic risks from climate change.
---

Monterey prepares for sea level rise
---
MONTEREY, Calif. —The city of Monterey wants to be prepared for any rises in sea level. The report staff are working with shows that by 2100, the sea levels will rise 5 feet along southern Monterey Bay.
---

As sea levels rise, Rotterdam shows how to live with water
---
When a big storm hits a coastal city like New York or New Orleans, it's often the storm surge that does the most damage — the rising water that comes with low atmospheric pressure.

But when the next big one hits Rotterdam, the Maeslant storm surge barrier will be ready for it.

The Maeslant structure is the biggest mobile barrier in the world — picture a pair of steel lattices twice the size of the Eiffel Tower, lying down on either side of the channel connecting the Netherlands’ second-biggest city to the North Sea. The Dutch built the massive gate in the 1990s to protect Rotterdam from a storm surge of up to three meters.
---
I'm just curious, what do you supposed is causing the rise? Antarctica is gaining ice, and Greenland isn't melting anything unusual. So where does all the new water come from?

BTW, excuse me for laughing, you should be trying out at the comedy clubs with this material.

Also, I couldn't stop laughing at this:

"Therein lies the uneasy reality in South Florida, home to 6 million people and projected to grow by 3 million over the next three decades."

There is concern and 3 million more people are going to be there. Dudette, doesn't get better than that sentence right there.

Have someone who can read, tell you what this says...

Why is southern sea ice increasing?
:
You know that says sea ice right?

That's what's increasing jc. Zwally is the only researcher out of hundreds who think the Antarctic continent is gaining ice.

20121230_Icesheet_mass_balance_2009_fig2.gif

Antarctica_Ice_Mass.gif

Screen+shot+2011-03-10+at+8.38.51+AM.png

20140124-Antarctica-GRACE-ice-mass-balance-graphs.jpg

_64474482_ice_sheet_contribution_464.gif

F5.large.jpg

Deniers, I'm sorry about taking your lunch money every day on the playground. I couldn't resist. It wasn't about the money. It was about how you cried so amusingly, like you're crying now. Now that I've apologized, will you stop weeping about the past humiliations that the mean ol' liberals have inflicted on you? And no, I can't promise that I'll stop humiliating you for how badly you stink at science, logic, history, common sense, and life in general.

Now, back to the thread topic, sea level rise, which deniers are working so hard to deflect from. Here are a few recent news items.

---
Therein lies the uneasy reality in South Florida, home to 6 million people and projected to grow by 3 million over the next three decades. Its very existence depends on the continued allure of the beaches, waterways and natural environment. Yet, by 2050, an estimated $15 billion to $36 billion of Florida’s coastal property will be threatened by sea-level rise, according to a report last year from the Risky Business Project, a Bloomberg Philanthropies effort that quantifies economic risks from climate change.
---

---
MONTEREY, Calif. —The city of Monterey wants to be prepared for any rises in sea level. The report staff are working with shows that by 2100, the sea levels will rise 5 feet along southern Monterey Bay.
---

---
When a big storm hits a coastal city like New York or New Orleans, it's often the storm surge that does the most damage — the rising water that comes with low atmospheric pressure.

But when the next big one hits Rotterdam, the Maeslant storm surge barrier will be ready for it.

The Maeslant structure is the biggest mobile barrier in the world — picture a pair of steel lattices twice the size of the Eiffel Tower, lying down on either side of the channel connecting the Netherlands’ second-biggest city to the North Sea. The Dutch built the massive gate in the 1990s to protect Rotterdam from a storm surge of up to three meters.
---
I'm just curious, what do you supposed is causing the rise? Antarctica is gaining ice, and Greenland isn't melting anything unusual. So where does all the new water come from?

BTW, excuse me for laughing, you should be trying out at the comedy clubs with this material.

"Therein lies the uneasy reality in South Florida, home to 6 million people and projected to grow by 3 million over the next three decades."

There is concern and 3 million more people are going to be there. Dudette, doesn't get better than that sentence right there.

:
You know that says sea ice right?

Go.find a fifth grader to read it to you. Good Grief!

No potential, so stupid.
the fn title says it<

So, moron, if a scientific study says that a much larger sea level rise than previously predicted is now "potential", that to you means we don't have to worry about anything? LOLOLOLOL. Your understanding of the meaning of words is very deficient....not surprising though, given how severely retarded you are. Learn something.

potential
adjective
  1. possible, capable of being or becoming: a potential danger to safety.

No potential, so stupid.
the fn title says it<

So, moron, if a scientific study says that a much larger sea level rise than previously predicted is now "potential", that to you means we don't have to worry about anything? LOLOLOLOL. Your understanding of the meaning of words is very deficient....not surprising though, given how severely retarded you are. Learn something.

potential
adjective
what is it you're going to do because of it? An airplane may fall out of the sky I don't worry about it, nope.

No potential, so stupid.
the fn title says it<

potential
adjective
what is it you're going to do because of it? An airplane may fall out of the sky I don't worry about it, nope.

Your rank stinking stupidly continues to astonish, JustCrazy

An airplane crash affects a few people.

Raining sea levels affect everybody on the planet, one way or another.

Pull your head out of your ass before you suffocate your brain, you poor retard......oops, too late!

No potential, so stupid.
the fn title says it<

potential
adjective

Your rank stinking stupidly continues to astonish, JustCrazy

An airplane crash affects a few people.

Raining sea levels affect everybody on the planet, one way or another.

Pull your head out of your ass before you suffocate your brain, you poor retard......oops, too late!
an airplane affects me every time I board one. What are you talking about. I drive a car daily and there is always potentials in the ride. There's a chance that a piece of glass will fall off a building and kill someone. Dude there is potential in every little thing we do. What are you talking about. The funny thing is, you have no idea how to solve your supposed problem. So you parrot stupidity on a message board for fun. LOL:eusa_clap:

He has an excellent idea how to solve our problem. The only problem is convincing everyone that it needs to be done. That's what we do here. That's why we constantly point out how wrong you all are. It seems to be that most of you deniers are here for your money or your politics. I'm here for my children.

---
---

---
---

---

---

:
Antarctic sea ice has been growing over the last few decades but it certainly is not due to cooling - the Southern Ocean has shown warming over same period. Increasing southern sea ice is due to a combination of complex phenomena including cyclonic winds around Antarctica and changes in ocean circulation.
Common Core science anyone? Ice must melt so then it will increase. And the worse part about this, is that there are people out there that actually believe this shit..

---
---

---
---

---

---

:
Antarctic sea ice has been growing over the last few decades but it certainly is not due to cooling - the Southern Ocean has shown warming over same period. Increasing southern sea ice is due to a combination of complex phenomena including cyclonic winds around Antarctica and changes in ocean circulation.
Common Core science anyone? Ice must melt so then it will increase. And the worse part about this, is that there are people out there that actually believe this shit..

No, little retard, the worst part is that there are clueless, anti-science idiots like you and JustCrazy who can't find your own asses using both hands, a roadmap and a GPS, but still imagine that you understand climate science better than the actual scientists. LOLOL.

Last edited:

---
---

---
---

---

---

:

No, little retard, the worst part is that there are clueless, anti-science idiots like you and JustCrazy who can't find your own asses using both hands, a roadmap and a GPS, but still imagine that you understand climate science better than the actual scientists. LOLOL.
well we both know you have no idea about climate science and impact of sea level potentials.

---
---

---
---

---

---

well we both know you have no idea about climate science and impact of sea level potentials.

LOLOLOLOL.....That is hilarious, coming from a ignorant, anti-science, nutbagger troll like JustCrazy, who literally has "no idea about climate science" or much of anything else.

As he continually demonstrates....like his statement above...."Greenland isn't melting anything unusual".....while in the real world....

Greenland's ice melt accelerating as surface darkens, raising sea levels | Environment | The Guardian
The Guardian › ... › Climate change
Mar 3, 2016 - At the same time, summer near-surface temperatures in Greenland have increased at a rate of around ...
Massive Glacier In Northeastern Greenland Is Melting At An Accelerated Rate | IFLScience
www.iflscience.com › environment › ma...
Nov 12, 2015 - If the entire glacier in the northeast of Greenland melted, then global sea levels would rise by an ...
Greenland ice sheet - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Wikipedia › wiki › Greenland_ice_sheet
Jump to The melting ice sheet - The Greenland ice sheet is a vast body of ice .... that it is melting at a rate of about 239 cubic kilometers (57 cu mi) per year. ... an accelerating rate in recent years.
Greenland's Ice Is Melting Faster | UCAR Center for Science Education
scied.ucar.edu › longcontent › greenland...
Greenland's accelerating rate of ice melt is one of many major changes in the region. The amount of sea ice in the Arctic ...
Greenland ice melt 'accelerating' say scientists | Climate Home - climate change news
www.climatechangenews.com › greenlan...
Apr 14, 2014 - NEWS: Greenland's ice loss is accelerating, suggesting that the ... They calculate that between April 2003 and April 2012, the region was losing ice at the rate of 10 billion tons a year.
Greenland Ice Melt Accelerating, Satellite Data Shows | Climate Change - Live Science
www.livescience.com › Planet Earth
Nov 19, 2012 - Satellite measurements show that Greenland loses 200 gigatons of ice each year , the amount of ice ...
Icy Greenland melting at accelerating rate, study finds | Fox News
Fox News › science › 2012/11/30 › icy-g...
Nov 30, 2012 - Ice loss in Antarctica and Greenland has contributed nearly half an inch to the rise in sea levels in the ...

Would you please explain to me with the Ice melting(Above 32 degrees) how do polar vortex Subzero(below 32 degrees) temperatures happen? I see that consensus science "MAY" end the earth in 10 years, which it didn't, then it was supposed to end in 15 years , which it didn't, now it is supposed to be 100 years from now? When you keep lowering the bar, eventually it "MIGHT" happen.

IPCC confirmed that global warming was a redistribution scam, why don't you understand this? Because liberal, left wing religious fanatical nut jobs, don't like US bashing your religion.

Would you please explain to me with the Ice melting(Above 32 degrees) how do polar vortex Subzero(below 32 degrees) temperatures happen?

Ice does not melt when temperatures are below 0C. It does melt when temperatures are above 0C. Both domains may still be found on the planet. If you have some question with a little more specificity to ask, please ask away.

I see that consensus science "MAY" end the earth in 10 years

No scientific consensus has ever said any such thing.

which it didn't

Surprise, surprise

then it was supposed to end in 15 years

which it didn't

Surprise, surprise

now it is supposed to be 100 years from now?

When you keep lowering the bar, eventually it "MIGHT" happen.

When you keep lying about what you've been told; about what the scientific consensus holds in this matter, people will stop listening to you.

IPCC confirmed that global warming was a redistribution scam, why don't you understand this?

Because they did no such thing. One man stated that GOVERNMENTS were responding to global warming in a manner that effectively redistributed assets from those who have burned enormous amounts of fossil fuels to those who are suffering the consequences.

Because liberal, left wing religious fanatical nut jobs, don't like US bashing your religion.

Tell you what: if you ever manage to land a blow on mainstream science's view of AGW, we'll let you know. Till then, well... keep trying.

Would you please explain to me with the Ice melting(Above 32 degrees) how do polar vortex Subzero(below 32 degrees) temperatures happen? I see that consensus science "MAY" end the earth in 10 years, which it didn't, then it was supposed to end in 15 years , which it didn't, now it is supposed to be 100 years from now? When you keep lowering the bar, eventually it "MIGHT" happen.

IPCC confirmed that global warming was a redistribution scam, why don't you understand this? Because liberal, left wing religious fanatical nut jobs, don't like US bashing your religion.

LOLOLOLOLOL......that is some of the silliest, most deranged, utterly ignorant garbage ever posted, androgenousjizeater. Not to mention your baldfaced lies.

Your complete ignorance about science and dumbfounded disbelief in science do not actually constitute an argument, fuckwit. They just demonstrate what a clueless crackpot you are.

Forum List

Back