Sean Hannity and Oliver North Head Military Charity Mired In Scandal

You pathological liar! You changed my screen name, post 60, before I changed yours, post 64. And I'm not the one complaining about it, I merely pointed out that you changed mine when one of your hypocritical fellow travelers whined about it.

And you are STILL deflecting from the fact that the Freedom Alliance phony charity is hiding from the BBB.
i'm not talking about in THIS thread, dipshit
you started out with that crap when you got here
BULLSHIT!

Prove it. You won't because you know you are lying, but it is always fun to watch you make excuses.
you have made very FEW posts where you DONT do it, liar

Assuming Freedom Alliance is a calendar year exempt organization, its next informational filing is due at the IRS May 15, 2011. Look for stories about the abuses at this charity -- if they have not been corrected -- to hit the news shortly afterwards.

A perfect example of what passes for "logic" in the CON$ervative Brotherhood. No soldiers had any children of any age before they went to war, they only had babies after going to war, therefore there would be no need to pay out money for school for at least 17 years. :cuckoo:

That was actually the point of the charity. To invest money for the kids NOW to help them in the future. That is conservative logic.

Fucking idiot.
There are children of soldiers going to school NOW but the fund is paying very little towards their education. Only token payments are made to qualify as a charity. Each year the funds keep growing but the payments continue to lag. This phony charity is a scam based on North's Iran-Contra scam model.

Freedom Alliance knows it's a scam which is why they refuse to open its books to the better Business Bureau. Of course, DumbCon will accuse the BBB of being a Liberal hack organization. :rofl:

Charity Review of Freedom Alliance
Charity Contact Information
Name: Freedom Alliance Address: 22570 Markey Court Dulles, VA 20166-6919 Phone: 703-444-7940 Web Address: www.freedomalliance.org

BBB Wise Giving Alliance Comment

Despite written BBB Wise Giving Alliance requests in the past year, this organization either has not responded to Alliance requests for information or has declined to be evaluated in relation to the Alliance’s Standards for Charity Accountability. While participation in the Alliance’s charity review efforts is voluntary, the Alliance believes that failure to participate may demonstrate a lack of commitment to transparency.

the fund is for college not primary school

THIS HAS BEEN POSTED FOR MONTHS AND ITS BULLSHIT...

the charity is for KIDS OF SOLDIERS ... how many soldiers in iraq/afgh do you think have kids going to college????!?@#?!@#? get back to me in 17 years when the funds will be used
A perfect example of what passes for "logic" in the CON$ervative Brotherhood. No soldiers had any children of any age before they went to war, they only had babies after going to war, therefore there would be no need to pay out money for school for at least 17 years. :cuckoo:

THIS HAS BEEN POSTED FOR MONTHS AND ITS BULLSHIT...

the charity is for KIDS OF SOLDIERS ... how many soldiers in iraq/afgh do you think have kids going to college????!?@#?!@#? get back to me in 17 years when the funds will be used

And why wouldn't the soldiers have college age children now?
The fact remains, the college age children at this time are not getting enough money to pay for college. They are getting an average of less than $3,000 per year while the "charity" takes in over $10 million each year. It's an obvious scam.

A question. Has Ollie North worked a real job since he left the military? Or does he just run around like Jessie Jackson running his mouth and living off the production of others?

Color me shocked. A lefty dissing a conservative. I'm dumbfounded.

FYI: When there is actual, hard evidence of wrongdoing, I'll happily condemn Hannity - Hannity is an ass... but a left winger writing a bullshit piece about a conservative does not make it fact. Facts are my friends. They are clearly a foreign concept to Mad-o-lyin.

Depends on how you define "wrongdoing". One example is "breaking the law". Most Republicans, yourself included, feel that as long as you didn't break the law and you were able to scam as much money as possible, in any way possible, then it's "OK".

It's like John Boehner passing out bribes on the House Floor and being videotaped doing it. It's not illegal, but it's unethical. Republicans and others such as yourself stop at "It's not illegal". Screw ethics. The right winger doesn't know what that is, in fact, they don't even care. How do we know? You guys vote for him.

FYI: When there is actual, hard evidence of wrongdoing, I'll happily condemn Hannity - Hannity is an ass... but a left winger writing a bullshit piece about a conservative does not make it fact. Facts are my friends. They are clearly a foreign concept to Mad-o-lyin.

Depends on how you define "wrongdoing". One example is "breaking the law". Most Republicans, yourself included, feel that as long as you didn't break the law and you were able to scam as much money as possible, in any way possible, then it's "OK".

It's like John Boehner passing out bribes on the House Floor and being videotaped doing it. It's not illegal, but it's unethical. Republicans and others such as yourself stop at "It's not illegal". Screw ethics. The right winger doesn't know what that is, in fact, they don't even care. How do we know? You guys vote for him.
liar

Boehner is from Ohio. He is not my rep, but I might have voted for him......so I'll take that hit.

You should have read more carefully:

"Debbie Schlussel is a reasonably well-known conservative commentator"

Wonder if Ollie will be getting a over on these crimes, too?

Oliver North - He was indicted on sixteen felony counts and on May 4, 1989, he was convicted of three: accepting an illegal gratuity, aiding and abetting in the obstruction of a congressional inquiry, and destruction of documents (by his secretary, Fawn Hall, on his instructions). He was sentenced by U.S. District Judge Gerhard A. Gesell on July 5, 1989, to a three-year suspended prison term, two years probation, $150,000 in fines, and 1,200 hours community service. His conviction was later overturned.

source

Oliver North - He was indicted on sixteen felony counts and on May 4, 1989, he was convicted of three: accepting an illegal gratuity, aiding and abetting in the obstruction of a congressional inquiry, and destruction of documents (by his secretary, Fawn Hall, on his instructions). He was sentenced by U.S. District Judge Gerhard A. Gesell on July 5, 1989, to a three-year suspended prison term, two years probation, $150,000 in fines, and 1,200 hours community service. His conviction was later overturned.

source

A conviction reversed on appeal is a nullity. Exactly the same as though there had never been a conviction. Exactly. It returns the accused to the status he had before the trial. In short, it returned Col. North to the status of a person who is presumed in the eyes of the law to be innocent. His presumption of innocence is intact to this very day. And since there was never a re-trial (and no longer can be one), Ollie is innocent.

Too bad the government which you libbies cherish oh so very much prosecuted him in a manner that violated his Constitutional rights. Damn. You must just be pissed off at the Government you cherish beyond measure. And damn, but that whole Constitutional protections thing being applied even to guys like Ollie, whom you hate, must rankle your peevish little minds.

source

A conviction reversed on appeal is a nullity. Exactly the same as though there had never been a conviction. Exactly. It returns the accused to the status he had before the trial. In short, it returned Col. North to the status of a person who is presumed in the eyes of the law to be innocent. His presumption of innocence is intact to this very day. And since there was never a re-trial (and no longer can be one), Ollie is innocent.

Too bad the government which you libbies cherish oh so very much prosecuted him in a manner that violated his Constitutional rights. Damn. You must just be pissed off at the Government you cherish beyond measure. And damn, but that whole Constitutional protections thing being applied even to guys like Ollie, whom you hate, must rankle your peevish little minds.
BULLSHIT!!!

Traitor North was found GUILTY of felonies. He is a CONVICTED felon. He was found by the Extreme Court to be IMMUNE from prosecution, not INNOCENT of the felonies he was convicted of. As a CONVICTED felon he no longer has the presumption of innocence. He is a convicted felon immune from prosecution.

source

BULLSHIT!!!

Traitor North was found GUILTY of felonies. He is a CONVICTED felon. He was found by the Extreme Court to be IMMUNE from prosecution, not INNOCENT of the felonies he was convicted of. As a CONVICTED felon he no longer has the presumption of innocence. He is a convicted felon immune from prosecution.

No. Your pissing, moaning, groaning, wailing, gnashing of teeth and foot stomping doesn't change anything. Dry your eyes and change your soiled panties.

A reversed conviction is no longer a conviction at all.

The fact of a reversal DOES return a person to the status quo ante, whether you like that absolutely correctly stated legal fact or not.

Your petulant but silly claim that Col North was a "traitor" is even more ridiculous.

He has no criminal record at all. And the fact that you cannot digest this truth is merely additional evidence that you don't know what you talk about and that your petty little hatreds are more important to you than facts.

I find that funny. You I find pathetic, of course. But your arrogant ignorance (loudly trumpeted as it tends to be) is a rip. :lol:

source

BULLSHIT!!!

wrong again, you fucking LIAR

the conviction were VACATED
look it up

source
they were NOT "over turned" they were VACATED
and yes, there is a difference

BULLSHIT!!!

No. Your pissing, moaning, groaning, wailing, gnashing of teeth and foot stomping doesn't change anything. Dry your eyes and change your soiled panties.

The fact of a reversal DOES return a person to the status quo ante, whether you like that absolutely correctly stated legal fact or not.

Your petulant but silly claim that Col North was a "traitor" is even more ridiculous.

He has no criminal record at all. And the fact that you cannot digest this truth is merely additional evidence that you don't know what you talk about and that your petty little hatreds are more important to you than facts.

I find that funny. You I find pathetic, of course. But your arrogant ignorance (loudly trumpeted as it tends to be) is a rip. :lol:
these werent just reversed, they were vacated, maybe you can explain the difference to edthemoron in words he might understand
;)

BULLSHIT!!!

these werent just reversed, they were vacated, maybe you can explain the difference to edthemoron in words he might understand
;)

The legal effect of a reversal of a conviction is to vacate that conviction. It becomes void. A nullity. At the instant that happens, the person is restored to his status quo ante: i.e., he once again is presumed innocent in the eyes of the law.

This isn't a controversial notion, either. It is ancient stuff. Edthesickdick is simply too vastly ignorant to grasp it.

After a conviction, a person can often be sent back to the trial court for RE-trial. That wouldn't happen if he was already deemed "convicted." A conviction erases the presumption of innocence. But upon a re-trial, the accused once again HAS the presumption. Why? Because he has been RETURNED to the status he had prior to the previous trial.

Edthesickdick cannot be tracking this part of the discussion. It is wrecking his universe. :lol:

Of course, sometimes the case cannot be sent back for a retrial. Sometimes, the basis for the reversal was an error that had permitted invalidly obtained evidence to be used, for example. And if the government cannot prosecute the accused without that evidence, and it has just been ruled to be inadmissible, then the government will be unable to try the defendant. Oops. IF he has a presumption of innocence and cannot be tried ever again, then nothing can remove that presumption of innocence and that means -- he not only has no criminal conviction, but can never be convicted. His presumption of innocence in the eyes of the law will be inviolate forever.

Felons cannot run for office (although they can petition to have their rights restored in some cases) in Virginia. After his conviction got reversed, Ollie did run for the U.S. Senate. He lost the race. But he was legally allowed to run. Edthesickdick will be unable to appreciate the import of that historical fact.

;)

The legal effect of a reversal of a conviction is to vacate that conviction. It becomes void. A nullity. At the instant that happens, the person is restored to his status quo ante: i.e., he once again is presumed innocent in the eyes of the law.

This isn't a controversial notion, either. It is ancient stuff. Edthesickdick is simply too vastly ignorant to grasp it.

After a conviction, a person can often be sent back to the trial court for RE-trial. That wouldn't happen if he was already deemed "convicted." A conviction erases the presumption of innocence. But upon a re-trial, the accused once again HAS the presumption. Why? Because he has been RETURNED to the status he had prior to the previous trial.

Edthesickdick cannot be tracking this part of the discussion. It is wrecking his universe. :lol:

Of course, sometimes the case cannot be sent back for a retrial. Sometimes, the basis for the reversal was an error that had permitted invalidly obtained evidence to be used, for example. And if the government cannot prosecute the accused without that evidence, and it has just been ruled to be inadmissible, then the government will be unable to try the defendant. Oops. IF he has a presumption of innocence and cannot be tried ever again, then nothing can remove that presumption of innocence and that means -- he not only has no criminal conviction, but can never be convicted. His presumption of innocence in the eyes of the law will be inviolate forever.

Felons cannot run for office (although they can petition to have their rights restored in some cases) in Virginia. After his conviction got reversed, Ollie did run for the U.S. Senate. He lost the race. But he was legally allowed to run. Edthesickdick will be unable to appreciate the import of that historical fact.
Traitor North's conviction was DISMISSED not because he was innocent, but because he was IMMUNIZED. He could not be retried because he was IMMUNIZED. His conviction was DISMISSED, not reversed.
If Traitor North gave up his IMMUNITY he could have been tried and convicted yet again.

;)

Traitor North's conviction was DISMISSED not because he was innocent, but because he was IMMUNIZED. He could not be retried because he was IMMUNIZED. His conviction was DISMISSED, not reversed.
If Traitor North gave up his IMMUNITY he could have been tried and convicted yet again.
wrong dipshit
it was VACATED

look it up you fucking idiot

Forum List

Back