Sean Hannity and Oliver North Head Military Charity Mired In Scandal

Remember when Jesse Jackson used money to buy his mistress a home from the Rainbow/Push coalition money?

Yeah, you could say Hannity's charity uses too much money for overhead but I'd say the same about most charites, including Joe Kennedy's heating oil for the poor charity.

I'm not defending Sean Hannity, I don't watch his how or listen to his radio program, but when you look at the bottom line, that's how most charities operate.

Far too many, certainly. There are services you can use to vet your charities before donating, or you can give locally, where you can see the money at work.

Either one is a better idea than just choosing emotionally -- even the United Way has had problems similar (not in degree, but in kind) to this.

Oliver North involved in something shady? Who could have predicted that?

Oliver North is a traitor who should be in prison.

And stripped of all rank and retirement benefits.

As an Officer he had sworn to Defend the Constitution.

Yet, he knowingly and criminally circumvented it and dishonored his uniform.

Amazingly, many misguided Americans hail him as a hero and a patriot. :eek: :cuckoo:
We're kinda' getting off topic here but I figure Ollie was just a fall guy. Do you really think a Lt.Col. could have run the Iran Contra affair all by himself?

Neither do I.

Nope. I figured Reagan was involved up to his ears and North perjured himself to shield him.

I thought that is what everyone believed/knew.

THIS HAS BEEN POSTED FOR MONTHS AND ITS BULLSHIT...

the charity is for KIDS OF SOLDIERS ... how many soldiers in iraq/afgh do you think have kids going to college????!?@#?!@#? get back to me in 17 years when the funds will be used

Amazingly, many misguided Americans hail him as a hero and a patriot. :eek: :cuckoo:
We're kinda' getting off topic here but I figure Ollie was just a fall guy. Do you really think a Lt.Col. could have run the Iran Contra affair all by himself?

Neither do I.

good point.

one can vilify him or take a look at the fact that we do similar things , well almost routinely. its geo-politics, frankly in that perspective it was win win...but if someone wants to kick the dog, they should be kicking several.

Neither do I.

Nope. I figured Reagan was involved up to his ears and North perjured himself to shield him.

I thought that is what everyone believed/knew.

well sorta,but in the end he took one for the team.

oh please......:lol:

Gotta love the BACKBEDDLING..

ok, I was wrong, BUT still.:lol:

How was I wrong, Stephanie? Was the charity later found to be legitimate?

No?

Then STFU.

The funds haven't been distributed.... because they were never meant to be distributed immediately. They are held in trust until the kids of the soldiers need the money to go to college. True story.

However, that fact - and it is a fact - doesn't get in the way of idiots with an agenda using it as a stick to beat up Hannity.

Stupid partisan hacks stoop to any depth - even destroy a decent charity - for political gain. Disgusting.

• Thanks
Reactions: blu
Gotta love the BACKBEDDLING..

ok, I was wrong, BUT still.:lol:

How was I wrong, Stephanie? Was the charity later found to be legitimate?

No?

Then STFU.

The funds haven't been distributed.... because they were never meant to be distributed immediately. They are held in trust until the kids of the soldiers need the money to go to college. True story.

However, that fact - and it is a fact - doesn't get in the way of idiots with an agenda using it as a stick to beat up Hannity.

Stupid partisan hacks stoop to any depth - even destroy a decent charity - for political gain. Disgusting.

well obviously our soldiers create super babies who go to college at 3!

This accusation has been made before and I don't believe anything was ever made of it.

Regarding Oliver North, I don't know why he is such a hero to conservatives. The guy was guilty as sin in the Iran Contra scandal.

Yepper, I could only come to 2 possibilities with North. Either he was a liar or a fool. Neither type would ever be a hero to me.

This accusation has been made before and I don't believe anything was ever made of it.

Regarding Oliver North, I don't know why he is such a hero to conservatives. The guy was guilty as sin in the Iran Contra scandal.

Yepper, I could only come to 2 possibilities with North. Either he was a liar or a fool. Neither type would ever be a hero to me.
Well, he's certainly no fool!

The bulk of the Iran-Contra money went into his Swiss bank account, and he knew which documents to smuggle out in his girlfriend's crotch, rather than shred, to force Reagan and company to protect him rather than make him their "loose cannon" fall guy.

Last edited:
Still awaiting new facts that would exonerate this charity, Stephanie.

Unless you just wanna post emoticons as argument?

just put stephanie on ignore

:lol:

waaaaa

It appears that Mad-o-lyin needs to hear it from you, so just explain to her what a 'trust fund' is. The money raised by this particular charity is a 'trust'. It is money held in 'trust' for the children of servicemen killed in current military action. When those children reach college age, they will be able to apply for - and receive - money to help pay for their education. It's not rocket science.... but apparently it is over the intellectual pay grade of Mad-o-lyin.

The charity is a trust. The money will be there when the children need it. As blu points out.... 3 year olds are not ordinarily college ready.

Forum List

Back