Sean Hannity and Oliver North Head Military Charity Mired In Scandal

Well, he's certainly no fool!

The bulk of the Iran-Contra money went into his Swiss bank account, and he knew which documents to smuggle out in his girlfriend's crotch, rather than shred, to force Reagan and company to protect him rather than make him their "loose cannon" fall guy.

"his" account, yea, I guess you can say that,in that he opened them and kept the funds moving in and out, but if you are inferring he used it for his own ends, outside an alarm system for his home, can you link to substantive evidence showing such please?
The "Enterprise" money was in swiss accounts controlled by Hakim, Secord and North. The money not spent on the Contras belonged to the "Enterprise"/Hakim, Secord and North. None of the millions in the Swiss accounts was returned to the American people after the scam was exposed, so yes they were "his" accounts along with "his" partners in crime.

thats not what you inferred I think, but thanks for the clarification, I'll accept that and so what? and you are inferring again, so how many millions were are there? did he use it for himself? Where did it go?are you inferring anything here?

Last edited:
It's maazing that someone of your intellectual prowess

can even breathe.

Ollie might have been guilty of violating some laws for his behavior in the Iran Contra "scandal." But that hardly makes him a "traitor" in a world where words have actual meaning.

The entire story is actually interesting on the level of the proper role of the Legislative versus the Executive Branch when it comes to foreign "affairs."

There is a fairly one-sided presentation of the affair found here: The Iran-Contra Affair 20 Years On
But despite its obvious bias, it is still a useful point of departure for discussing what actually happened.

Dealing weapons to an avowed enemy of the USA?
Kinda sounds like treason to me.
you do undeerstand the dealing of those weapons was a multipurpose thing
first, they were scheduled to be decommissioned by the Israeli government and replaced with new ones, and it was to give a balance to Iran in its war against Iraq(Saddam) so that neither side would win

and the money was used to fund the freedom fighters in Nicaragua

and buy hostages back...;)

A perfect example of what passes for "logic" in the CON$ervative Brotherhood. No soldiers had any children of any age before they went to war, they only had babies after going to war, therefore there would be no need to pay out money for school for at least 17 years. :cuckoo:

That was actually the point of the charity. To invest money for the kids NOW to help them in the future. That is conservative logic.

Fucking idiot.
edthemoron has no grasp of reality

I agree. It's really had to tell sometimes whether some of these liberals are just playing dumb as an excuse to spin the facts and continue to influence some degree of a dwindling minority, or whether they really are dumb-as-a-fucking-post stupid.

THIS HAS BEEN POSTED FOR MONTHS AND ITS BULLSHIT...

the charity is for KIDS OF SOLDIERS ... how many soldiers in iraq/afgh do you think have kids going to college????!?@#?!@#? get back to me in 17 years when the funds will be used
A perfect example of what passes for "logic" in the CON$ervative Brotherhood. No soldiers had any children of any age before they went to war, they only had babies after going to war, therefore there would be no need to pay out money for school for at least 17 years. :cuckoo:

That was actually the point of the charity. To invest money for the kids NOW to help them in the future. That is conservative logic.

Fucking idiot.
There are children of soldiers going to school NOW but the fund is paying very little towards their education. Only token payments are made to qualify as a charity. Each year the funds keep growing but the payments continue to lag. This phony charity is a scam based on North's Iran-Contra scam model.

Freedom Alliance knows it's a scam which is why they refuse to open its books to the better Business Bureau. Of course, DumbCon will accuse the BBB of being a Liberal hack organization. :rofl:

Charity Review of Freedom Alliance
Charity Contact Information
Name: Freedom Alliance Address: 22570 Markey Court Dulles, VA 20166-6919 Phone: 703-444-7940 Web Address: www.freedomalliance.org

BBB Wise Giving Alliance Comment

Despite written BBB Wise Giving Alliance requests in the past year, this organization either has not responded to Alliance requests for information or has declined to be evaluated in relation to the Alliance’s Standards for Charity Accountability. While participation in the Alliance’s charity review efforts is voluntary, the Alliance believes that failure to participate may demonstrate a lack of commitment to transparency.

Last edited:

Fucking idiot.
There are children of soldiers going to school NOW but the fund is paying very little towards their education. Only token payments are made to qualify as a charity. Each year the funds keep growing but the payments continue to lag. This phony charity is a scam based on North's Iran-Contra scam model.

Freedom Alliance knows it's a scam which is why they refuse to open its books to the better Business Bureau. Of course, DumbCon will accuse the BBB of being a Liberal hack organization. :rofl:

Name: Freedom Alliance Address: 22570 Markey Court Dulles, VA 20166-6919 Phone: 703-444-7940 Web Address: www.freedomalliance.org

Despite written BBB Wise Giving Alliance requests in the past year, this organization either has not responded to Alliance requests for information or has declined to be evaluated in relation to the Alliance’s Standards for Charity Accountability. While participation in the Alliance’s charity review efforts is voluntary, the Alliance believes that failure to participate may demonstrate a lack of commitment to transparency.

I love it when liberals debate important, in-depth issues with childish words like "Dumbcon" and animated smiley faces. That's about the intellectual height of the rebuttal.

"his" account, yea, I guess you can say that,in that he opened them and kept the funds moving in and out, but if you are inferring he used it for his own ends, outside an alarm system for his home, can you link to substantive evidence showing such please?
The "Enterprise" money was in swiss accounts controlled by Hakim, Secord and North. The money not spent on the Contras belonged to the "Enterprise"/Hakim, Secord and North. None of the millions in the Swiss accounts was returned to the American people after the scam was exposed, so yes they were "his" accounts along with "his" partners in crime.

thats not what you inferred I think, but thanks for the clarification, I'll accept that and so what? and you are inferring again, so how many millions were are there? did he use it for himself? Where did it go?are you inferring anything here?
According to Secord's Iran-Contra testimony there was at least $10 million that was not given to the Contras which he claims belongs to the "Enterprise."

Fucking idiot.

Again, you clearly do not understand how trust funds operate. I do.

College. Not school. College education.... specifically..... to give them an opportunity that they may not otherwise have had. The charity wasn't designed to pay for kindergarten. Again.... college. Get it? Higher education. Further education. College.

Fucking idiot.

I love it when liberals debate important, in-depth issues with childish words like "Dumbcon" and animated smiley faces. That's about the intellectual height of the rebuttal.
I love it when the CON$ervative Brotherhood ignores their fellow traveler, DumbCon, modifying my screen name to edthemoron, but has a shit fit, in order to deflect from the fact that the Freedom Alliance phony charity is hiding from the BBB, when I modify his screen name in return.

Not surprising at all.

You put a right-wing, money-grubbing conservative asshole next to to big pile of money and sooner or later the greedy motherfucker's going to want to dip his beak and get his piece of the action.

Fucking idiot.

College. Not school. College education.... specifically..... to give them an opportunity that they may not otherwise have had. The charity wasn't designed to pay for kindergarten. Again.... college. Get it? Higher education. Further education. College.
An average of a lousy $2,943/year/student does not pay for a college education. It is a scam and that is why they hide from the BBB.

According to its 2006 tax returns, Freedom Alliance reported revenue of $10, 822, 785, but only $397,900–or a beyond-measly 3.68%–of that was given to the children of fallen troops as scholarships or as aid to severely injured soldiers.

That year, while fat-cat consultants and expenses took millions of Freedom Alliance’s money, seriously wounded troops to whom Freedom Alliance donated received a pathetic average of $785 each and the college student kids of the fallen got a paltry average of $2,943 toward tuition. Yes, out of millions raised that year by Sean Hannity at his Freedom Concerts, only $309,000 was given out in scholarships to 105 students, and only $110,703.82 was given to the wounded soldiers.

Freedom Alliance’s 2007 tax returns aren’t much better. Out of $12,459,317 it raised that year, only $895,347–or just 7%–went to seriously wounded troops and scholarships for fallen troops. 53% went to expenses, including $1,464,627 in postage and $1,151,428 in printing. $604,995 went to “professional fees” and “consultants.” Out of millions paid for Freedom Concert tickets and raised in fundraisers by Hannity listeners, only $596,500 went to college scholarships for soldiers who died in battle, and only $299,897 went to horribly injured troops. 208 student children of the fallen got an average of $2,868 apiece for tuition, though many got only $1,000 or less. 382 soldiers with serious injuries got an average of $785 each.

Dealing weapons to an avowed enemy of the USA?
Kinda sounds like treason to me.
you do undeerstand the dealing of those weapons was a multipurpose thing
first, they were scheduled to be decommissioned by the Israeli government and replaced with new ones, and it was to give a balance to Iran in its war against Iraq(Saddam) so that neither side would win

and the money was used to fund the freedom fighters in Nicaragua

and buy hostages back...;)
yup, my list wasnt all inclusive

I love it when the CON$ervative Brotherhood ignores their fellow traveler, DumbCon, modifying my screen name to edthemoron, but has a shit fit, in order to deflect from the fact that the Freedom Alliance phony charity is hiding from the BBB, when I modify his screen name in return.
edthemoron you started doing that before i did
i figured you liked it being done to you since YOU did it to everyone else and cant even spell "conservative" properly
grow the fuck up if you want to get better than what you have been giving

i figured you liked it being done to you since YOU did it to everyone else and cant even spell "conservative" properly

There is a distinction here: Ed used his debating style against the issue, Diver responded in kind against Ed. Ed struck first using an intellectually dishonest debating method against the subject, Diver mocked Ed for it afterward. Diver wins, Ed's a loser.

You pathological liar! You changed my screen name, post 60, before I changed yours, post 64. And I'm not the one complaining about it, I merely pointed out that you changed mine when one of your hypocritical fellow travelers whined about it.

And you are STILL deflecting from the fact that the Freedom Alliance phony charity is hiding from the BBB.

An average of a lousy $2,943/year/student does not pay for a college education. It is a scam and that is why they hide from the BBB.

According to its 2006 tax returns, Freedom Alliance reported revenue of $10, 822, 785, but only $397,900–or a beyond-measly 3.68%–of that was given to the children of fallen troops as scholarships or as aid to severely injured soldiers.

That year, while fat-cat consultants and expenses took millions of Freedom Alliance’s money, seriously wounded troops to whom Freedom Alliance donated received a pathetic average of $785 each and the college student kids of the fallen got a paltry average of $2,943 toward tuition. Yes, out of millions raised that year by Sean Hannity at his Freedom Concerts, only $309,000 was given out in scholarships to 105 students, and only $110,703.82 was given to the wounded soldiers.

Freedom Alliance’s 2007 tax returns aren’t much better. Out of $12,459,317 it raised that year, only $895,347–or just 7%–went to seriously wounded troops and scholarships for fallen troops. 53% went to expenses, including $1,464,627 in postage and $1,151,428 in printing. $604,995 went to “professional fees” and “consultants.” Out of millions paid for Freedom Concert tickets and raised in fundraisers by Hannity listeners, only $596,500 went to college scholarships for soldiers who died in battle, and only $299,897 went to horribly injured troops. 208 student children of the fallen got an average of $2,868 apiece for tuition, though many got only $1,000 or less. 382 soldiers with serious injuries got an average of $785 each.

I'm not defending the charity. I'm defending the principle behind it. Two completely different things.... unless you're an idiot.

I always have issues with charities.... many of them start off well intentioned and, through bad or incompetent management, end up with people siphoning off money or not controlling costs properly.... the road to hell is often paved with good intentions. However, this is over a year old and there is still nothing to prove any allegation of wrong-doing.... but, you don't let lack of evidence get in your way of the bullshit.

There is a distinction here: Ed used his debating style against the issue, Diver responded in kind against Ed. Ed struck first using an intellectually dishonest debating method against the subject, Diver mocked Ed for it afterward. Diver wins, Ed's a loser.
Only to a CON$ervative does post 60 come BEFORE post 64. :rofl:

You pathological liar! You changed my screen name, post 60, before I changed yours, post 64. And I'm not the one complaining about it, I merely pointed out that you changed mine when one of your hypocritical fellow travelers whined about it.

And you are STILL deflecting from the fact that the Freedom Alliance phony charity is hiding from the BBB.
i'm not talking about in THIS thread, dipshit
you started out with that crap when you got here

Only to a CON$ervative does post 60 come BEFORE post 64. :rofl:
you are a fucking idiot

i'm not talking about in THIS thread, dipshit
you started out with that crap when you got here
BULLSHIT!

Prove it. You won't because you know you are lying, but it is always fun to watch you make excuses.

Big head Ed Schultz was nearly orgasmic when he covered this story about a year ago.He stirred up some crap that went no where.I haven't heard anything new regarding this matter.If some one has a more recent story about these same issues I would love to see them.

Forum List

Back