Searching for America's starving children

There are far too may poor people living in Food Deserts. Neighborhoods without supermarkets offering fresh fruits and vegetables, fresh dairy and fresh meats.

That's because the would be employees don't want to get robbed or shot.
And there it is! Yet another idiotic comment from yet another Conservative douchebag. Consistency is the hallmark of a true champion. That's what my high school football coach told us 40 years ago after our second state championship. Those, I thought, were words to live by, until I started posting on line with Conservatives. Consistency, as it turns out, at least in intellectual pursuits, is the hallmark of stunted thinking.

No, it's a truthful comment you dumb fuck. Those neighborhoods are riddled with crime. That's why people don't open up shop there. They don't want to deal with the theft and the other security issues that run rampant in those neighborhoods. I worked as a manager in a CVS pharmacy for a few years in a not so great neighborhood in Boston and I can assure you I know exactly what I'm talking about. I dealt with that shit almost daily. Feel free to join the rest of us in Reality Land at any time.

Of course no child is literally starving, thanks to food stamps and government assistance ;)
Regardless, malnutrition is a real problem.
Bad parenting, not a failure of America.
The typical right wing response.
Ignoring personal responsibility is the typical left wing response. It's parents' responsibility to feed their children correctly, not government's.
Of course it's a parent's responsibility, but socio-economic conditions make it necessary, in many cases, for the government to help, with programs such as food stamps.
The Forbes article I posted made a good point. If 16 million children are starving, then food stamps, SNAP, and school lunches have been a colossal failure. You Leftists want it both ways, billions of dollars spent on poverty fighting programs yet still retaining the right to claim millions are in poverty and 1 in 5 kids are starving. That's quite a racket you poverty pimps got going.

One out of five live beneath the poverty line is what is the fact.

Hungry children? Go to Rivercrest in Angelina County or Ragtown in Shelby County, both in Texas, for starters, muffinhead.

So the Great Society programs have obviously been a failure. Probably time we stop wasting our money on them.
They haven't always been a failure. The starvation in the Appalachias 30 years ago was a time when our country saw genuine need and government and charities worked together to address it. It's why I hate this Leftist lie that somehow America neglects 16 million children. That's not who we are.
Lefties resent the fact that we dont' just kill the babies of the poor outright.

Of course no child is literally starving, thanks to food stamps and government assistance ;)

Unless they are riddled with some sort of a crippling illness, if a parent isn't providing for their child, then yes, they are a bad parent. There really is no debating that point.

Ignoring personal responsibility is the typical left wing response. It's parents' responsibility to feed their children correctly, not government's.
Of course it's a parent's responsibility, but socio-economic conditions make it necessary, in many cases, for the government to help, with programs such as food stamps.
The Forbes article I posted made a good point. If 16 million children are starving, then food stamps, SNAP, and school lunches have been a colossal failure. You Leftists want it both ways, billions of dollars spent on poverty fighting programs yet still retaining the right to claim millions are in poverty and 1 in 5 kids are starving. That's quite a racket you poverty pimps got going.
No one is saying children are starving, you are, they are food insecure and malnourished, something you fail to understand. They are not a failure, they are helping to make sure the problem doesn't get worse. Oh, they are helping by the way:
Welfare programs shown to reduce poverty in America Money The Guardian

Unless they are riddled with some sort of a crippling illness, if a parent isn't providing for their child, then yes, they are a bad parent. There really is no debating that point.
Almost all parents do their best to provide for their children, however, the socio-economic conditions present can make this difficult, what, with stagnant wages, a rising cost of living, etc, etc..
Welfare programs shown to reduce poverty in America Money The Guardian
Food stamps and other programs are necessary.

Hungry children? Go to Rivercrest in Angelina County or Ragtown in Shelby County, both in Texas, for starters, muffinhead.

So the Great Society programs have obviously been a failure. Probably time we stop wasting our money on them.
They haven't always been a failure. The starvation in the Appalachias 30 years ago was a time when our country saw genuine need and government and charities worked together to address it. It's why I hate this Leftist lie that somehow America neglects 16 million children. That's not who we are.
Lefties resent the fact that we dont' just kill the babies of the poor outright.

Why do you oppose feeding children? We're a nation and in such a civilization people work together to make it better, right?

You see the signs everywhere, promoted by lying organizations like feedingamerica.org (taxpayer funded). Apparently 1 in 5 children in this country are starving. Millions of them!

164155-168801.jpg

Now I'm looking everywhere for the emaciated skeletons like I grew up watching on TV shows on Ethiopian famines, but I keep seeing all these well fed youngsters inhaling Doritos and Coke while outdoing their last high score on Xbox.

I'm perplexed because if 20% of kids are suffering the cruel pangs of starvation, should they be this hard to find?

If a child is going hungry in America today it is because he was born to bad parents.....you can't attend a public school without getting food thrown at the kids.....a breakfast and a lunch and there is food assistance at every level of the government and even private food pantries giving food away.....

So no......this is another lefty lie....

America is a great country....except for the lefties who are constantly trying to undermine it....

The dumbos have relabled "hungry" and "malnutrition" as "starving".

Then they double down. However, they are on the run here, particularly saintmike.

Why do you oppose feeding children? We're a nation and in such a civilization people work together to make it better, right?
I oppose government control of food distribution is what I oppose. Government control of food distribution is the #1 way to make sure that kids starve. Not just to the point of obesity, but to the point of death.

Then why are the higher percentages in the red states?

Because even in red states the big cities are controlled by democrats...like Tennessee, the 6 largest cities are run by democrats, Louisiana, New Orleans and Baton Rouge...controlled by democrats......

Democrats wreck everything they touch, even when they don't control a state they can poison it......

actually, looking at the history of the left....and if you talk to any leftist long enough they will say the world is overpopulated, looking at the history of the left, they don't even like adult poor people........the mass graves they filled prove it....

The poor kids that aren't getting enough to eat live in rural areas or have parents who are drug addicts and sell their food stamps for drugs. I don't know if 20% are going hungry, but there are a lot of them out there who are. Also, a lot of those overweight kids are actually extremely malnourished. They may be getting plenty of calories but none of them are any good.

But the red areas have the most children suffering from hunger, not the cities. The cities generally take good care of their children.

Hungry children? Look on your freaking couch, idiot. There ain't a (male) adolescent kid in this Country who isn't hungry all the time. Hunger has become a political issue and the leftie commercials like to use the phrase "go to bed hungry" when it's just about meaningless. Now can we talk about the real issue? Does any useful idiot on the left allege that a single American kid suffers from malnutrition the way they did during FDR's first two terms?

Last edited:

Government takes and spends tax money on a problem...making sure the problem gets worse and more widespread, claims they don't have enough money....takes and spends more money on the same problem the first money was supposed to fix......making the sure the problem gets even worse and more widespread.....then they claim the problem is worse and more widespread and that they want more money to fix it......

Repeat over and over again...then blame the Republicans, get those poor people to vote for the very democrats not fixing the original problem......

Forum List

Back