Seattle Government Becomes 'Robin Hood': Steal From The Rich To Give To 'Homeless'

easyt65

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2015
The people of the city of Seattle has passed judgment on it's own and has found that the citizens of Seattle have not been giving enough of their own money to charity the charity agreed upon by the majority....

Seattle has decided its citizens are not giving enough of their money to the homeless, so Seattle is going to SEIZE / TAKE money from its citizens and give it to the homeless....

Who needs 'pan-handling' on street corners with dirty hands out when the city of Seattle will simply take money right out of its citizens' paychecks and give it to the homeless?!

'Majority Rules'?! In every situation or just specific ones? Sorry 'Ma &Pa Soup Shop' the people of Seattle have decided you need to be relieved of some of your money to give to the homeless. 'Charity begins at home'? In Seattle if begins at the ballot box....

Seattle City Council votes 9-0 for scaled-down head tax on large employers

Yeah, Seattle can't seem to stop itself from taxing either the citizens or the business's and they can't seem to understand that's why they have such a large homeless problem in the first place...........the people can't afford to live there.

That vote may make Amazon take 7,000 jobs outside the city, possibly outside the State. Would serve them right.

That vote may make Amazon take 7,000 jobs outside the city, possibly outside the State. Would serve them right.

Isn't Texas one of the States Amazon was thinking of going to if Seattle did this?

They should send the city council a big thank you card. lol

Isn't Texas one of the States Amazon was thinking of going to if Seattle did this?

They should send the city council a big thank you card. lol

Actually I think that was a different setup than they have in Seattle, but we'd welcome both.

The people of the city of Seattle has passed judgment on it's own and has found that the citizens of Seattle have not been giving enough of their own money to charity the charity agreed upon by the majority....

Seattle has decided its citizens are not giving enough of their money to the homeless, so Seattle is going to SEIZE / TAKE money from its citizens and give it to the homeless....

Who needs 'pan-handling' on street corners with dirty hands out when the city of Seattle will simply take money right out of its citizens' paychecks and give it to the homeless?!

'Majority Rules'?! In every situation or just specific ones? Sorry 'Ma &Pa Soup Shop' the people of Seattle have decided you need to be relieved of some of your money to give to the homeless. 'Charity begins at home'? In Seattle if begins at the ballot box....

They "compromised" at only $275 per employee instead of $500. Mighty white of them.

And we all know this money just goes right into the general government fund, and will not help a damn thing.

Or even if it's earmarked for a specific cost outlay, it's really to offset their probably rising pension costs.

Actually, this may be a good thing.......in the long run. Since WA has been designated a safe left state, and how they've been screwing up 'government taxation' running people and business out, we just might lean back to the right within the next couple of elections.

$20 a month? On companies that profit more than $20 million a year?

Oh the horror!!!

Oh the horror!!!

how about you open up your wallet commie cuck?

Oh the horror!!!

Progressives prefer to open up YOUR wallet and help themselves....

Oh the horror!!!

Don't live in Seattle. But if I did, and I owned a company making more than $20 million a year, I certainly would.

Why go straight to the personal insult? Is that really your default? Are you nor intelligent enough to make your point without it? Or did mommy just not hug you enough when you were Baby?

Oh the horror!!!

Per employee, dipshit. How much have you given to the homeless? Parasites like you are always generous with everyone's money but your own.

Oh the horror!!!

Don't live in Seattle. But if I did, and I owned a company making more than $20 million a year, I certainly would.

Why go straight to the personal insult? Is that really your default? Are you nor intelligent enough to make your point without it? Or did mommy just not hug you enough when you were Baby?

Because you say "only $20 a month" when you forget about all the other freaking taxes and fees they already pay.

it's always "just a bit more", "why are you being so greedy" and "why can't you help" being mewled by people who could never make it in the private world, and are nothing more than government leeches.

The real question is why can't these people understand basic economics. When you punish a company by how many people they employ, and in the end they want to cut costs, you make headcount a TARGET for cost savings.

So people get laid off, and you lose their income tax money, their sales tax money, you get people leaving, and thus lower property values (and thus property taxes) and then the government morons will blame the companies instead of their own greedy cocksucking selves.

And useful idiots like you cheer and applause along because you get someone else to pay for something you want.

Oh the horror!!!

On companies that Gross over 20 million in the city in a year. 3% of businesses.

Oh the horror!!!

Per employee, dipshit. How much have you given to the homeless? Parasites like you are always generous with everyone's money but your own.

Get this. the best part of the article:

Along with the tax Monday, the council approved a nonbinding resolutionthat calls for spending 66 percent of the new money on affordable housing, 32 percent on emergency shelter, trash pickup, raises for service workers and other needs, and 2 percent on administration.

Also the "non-binding" spending plan:

http://seattle.legistar.com/View.ashx?M=F&ID=6250152&GUID=6278CEB8-DD74-48C3-A797-83402A6739AA

The slid in 2.5 Million in raises, and another 2.5 million in "administration costs"

Plust this is only a plan.

Anyone want to be how many units are actually built at the end of this?

I say under 200.

I already pay my fair share of government-mandated 'charity', where the govt reaches into my paycheck and TAKES money from me without my consent - Welfare, Food stamps, Obamaphones, etc... on top of federal and state taxes. What is left is (is supposed to be) MINE and my decision on how to spend it.

If I want to donate to the homeless shelter, the SPCA, give to wounded vets, disabled vets, to Marty Mother Mercy & the Poor Sisters of the Wounded Grace, etc... THAT is up to ME! I don't want or need the federal, state, or local govt telling me they have a great idea / cause they WANT (are forcing me) to start supporting by TAKING more of my money and putting it into a govt fund (with high administrative costs, fraud, waste, and abuse) to spend on THEIR preferred charity.

'What's another buck for a good cause?'
- It's another one of MY bucks taken from me and how it will be spent is dictated to me by a govt who is telling me they know how to spend MY money better than I know how to.....

- When does it end? Where does it end? Another one and another one and another one...hey, here's another great charity your govt has decided to support...and all we will need is another $5,,,or $10 from your wallet each month.

If Progressives want to be charitable and give, then by all means, give your assess off, give til it hurts, give until you bleed and cry 'Uncle'....but stop dictating how much I have to give to YOUR cause by TAKING more or my money without asking! F* that!

(...stepping down off of the soap box...)

Forum List

Back