Seattle raises minimum wage to $15 an hour

In completely related news, the unemployment rate in the Seattle areas affected just went up.

Your an idiot. :cuckoo: Increasing minimum wage increases jobs & lowers unemployment rates. Seattle has the highest minimum wage in the country, yet their unemployment rate is only 4.4% which is lower than their surrounding cities, their state, surrounding states & lower than the state of Texas that has low wages & the benefits of an oil boom.

Increasing minimum wage increases jobs & lowers unemployment rates.

Good to know.
Let's raise it to $100/hr.

Don't be stupid.

In completely related news, the unemployment rate in the Seattle areas affected just went up.

Your an idiot. :cuckoo: Increasing minimum wage increases jobs & lowers unemployment rates. Seattle has the highest minimum wage in the country, yet their unemployment rate is only 4.4% which is lower than their surrounding cities, their state, surrounding states & lower than the state of Texas that has low wages & the benefits of an oil boom.

Good to know.

More retarded straw-man idiocy from retards who have nothing.

Stupid doesn't even begin to describe people like you who are wrong every time yet keep claiming your same retarded talking points are true.

I'm never wrong. I have history and reality on my side. You have greed and delusions on yours.

You are always wrong. History has proven you wrong. You are clearly delusional.

:lol: What ever helps you sleep at night. You people will never learn. Your jealousy and greed will always get the better of you and it will fuck you every time. You are your own worst enemies.

I'm doing just fine and will continue to do so.

Good to know.

When reality is an argument you can't win, create a fantasy argument.

Why do conservatives always say that lowering taxes will put more money in people's pockets and thus stimulate the economy,

but raising the minimum wage won't?

Why do conservatives always say that lowering taxes will put more money in people's pockets and thus stimulate the economy,

Because conservatives understand economics and incentives.

See above.

Good to know.

Don't be stupid.

That ship has sailed.

See above.

What's the difference? If a tax cut gave me an extra hundred dollars a week, or a wage increase gave me an extra hundred dollars a week...

So everyone in Seattle who was at 9 bucks an hour will now have an extra 200+ bucks a week to spend into the Seattle economy.

Interesting way of looking at things there Carebear. lets say you have 20 employee's that go up an average of 200$ a month, that's 4,000$ a month or 48,000$ a year more that business has to come up with...

Man, I'll bet that slows down expansions and growth of business that spend tons in the Seattle economy. Might even end up with fewer jobs, that too might suspend the economy just a tad more.

Guess we'll see how this plays out. Not looking good off the line but hey maybe all of economic history will pull a 180 and you get this one right.

That is what you retards said last time when Seattle made their minimum wage the highest in the country. Yet their city is booming & their unemployment rate dropped to 4.4% -LOL

Quite a different dichotomy this time, dill weed. This represents a 62% increase in the city wage. Mom and Pop businesses are going to get slaughtered because they are going to have a huge competitive disadvantage to the surrounding suburbs. Stupid doesn't even begin to describe you people.

Stupid doesn't even begin to describe people like you who are wrong every time yet keep claiming your same retarded talking points are true.

So why did Seattle raising the minimum wage to the highest in the country last time cause even lower unemployment? That is the complete opposite of what your retarded republican talking points claimed would happen. So now you just double down on stupid.

So why did Seattle raising the minimum wage to the highest in the country last time cause even lower unemployment?

Raising the minimum wage caused lower unemployment?
Excellent!!
Can you show me your proof?

Martina Phelps says the Seattle City Council's historic vote Monday to raise the minimum wage to $15 per hour could change her life.

Phelps, 22, earns $9.47 per hour working for a McDonald's restaurant near downtown. She wants to move out of her mother's South Seattle home, and she wants to go back to school. She says those things could happen now that the city will have the nation's highest minimum wage.

"It's hard right now," she told USA TODAY hours before the midafternoon vote. "I have been trying to save up for school, but I just can't do it. This would mean a lot."

The council unanimously approved the measure before a packed house.

The plan, which includes a lower training wage aimed at teenagers, will phase in the higher, local minimum over three to seven years, depending on the size of the business and benefits they provide employees. Next April 1, when the plan takes effect, every worker will get at least a $1-an-hour raise.

Seattle raises minimum wage to $15 an hour

...And now the exodus of companies leaving Seattle begins. Congratulations Seattle!!

I'm never wrong. I have history and reality on my side. You have greed and delusions on yours.

You are always wrong. History has proven you wrong. You are clearly delusional.

:lol: What ever helps you sleep at night. You people will never learn. Your jealousy and greed will always get the better of you and it will fuck you every time. You are your own worst enemies.

I'm doing just fine and will continue to do so.

You are not doing just fine, because you are clearly delusional.

Good to know.

Don't be stupid.

No worries, I'll never be liberal.

Good to know.

More retarded straw-man idiocy from retards who have nothing.

$100/hr is a bad idea? Why?

Good to know.

When reality is an argument you can't win, create a fantasy argument.

$100/hr is a fantasy? Why?

Imagine all the demand that will be created.
And the tax revenues for government? Incredible!!!

Make it happen.

yet, over the past 30 years, with taxes being at their lowest point in decades and decades, wages for the the middle class have stagnated while the wealth of the top 1% has increased exponentially.

See above.

yet the average CEO earns a median wage of $10 million a year and we can repeat over and over that somehow that is ok while workers should be unable to pay for a place to live and put food on their plate and clothe and care for and educate their kids for some illusory reason.

the fact is that in places like Australia where the minimum wage is $15 an hour, the economy does better? why? because the middle class can afford to buy goods. if you divest people of the ability to purchase goods, you divest the market of the need to manufacture and sell... therefore there are no jobs, (which is what we are seeing now), etc.

so perhaps what conservatives "know" (though how they "know" it is beyond me) should be modified by changing statistics and economic circumstances.

You are having the government artificially increase the cost of labor. What happens when you raise prices? People stop purchasing that product or service.

It's basic economics.

See above.

What's the difference? If a tax cut gave me an extra hundred dollars a week, or a wage increase gave me an extra hundred dollars a week...

One gets drafted out of the local economy and wasted on levels only measurable by societies running a ground and dying off. The other allows money to stay local and be re-invested in ways that grow the local economy.

Tax cuts mean money stays where it is and is mostly invested locally...

No tax cut means that money is taken away, far away.

No tax cuts and forcing employers to pay a lot more means money is taken from the local economy and businesses growth is stifled.

I have already talked to my business partner and if a 15$ min wadge was forced on us in our area we would look at dropping half our staff ASAP and cover the hours ourselves. Not that we want to do this, in fact we try very hard to keep people on that we should have let go but times are tuff.

yet, over the past 30 years, with taxes being at their lowest point in decades and decades, wages for the the middle class have stagnated while the wealth of the top 1% has increased exponentially.

See above.

yet the average CEO earns a median wage of $10 million a year and we can repeat over and over that somehow that is ok while workers should be unable to pay for a place to live and put food on their plate and clothe and care for and educate their kids for some illusory reason.

the fact is that in places like Australia where the minimum wage is $15 an hour, the economy does better? why? because the middle class can afford to buy goods. if you divest people of the ability to purchase goods, you divest the market of the need to manufacture and sell... therefore there are no jobs, (which is what we are seeing now), etc.

so perhaps what conservatives "know" (though how they "know" it is beyond me) should be modified by changing statistics and economic circumstances.

There are many reasons for this, you simply have to not be fucking stupid to understand its not as simple as you want to make it seem in that small minded post of yours.

Taxes are almost 100% the same, not lower you dumbass. Next spending has gone through the roof, debt and deficits are unmanageable meaning the public tightens their spending as they hear and see new taxes coming down the pipelines. The economy was destroyed under policies where the FR built a giant ass bubble to get people in houses they couldn't afford.

The list of reasons why "taxes being low" has not "saved" the economy is rather large. Low taxes is part of an equation.

Basically you're a nobody that works in some bullshit job, so you believe you should be allowed to dictate how all business is run without knowing the first thing about how to run a business.

So everyone in Seattle who was at 9 bucks an hour will now have an extra 200+ bucks a week to spend into the Seattle economy.

Interesting way of looking at things there Carebear. lets say you have 20 employee's that go up an average of 200$ a month, that's 4,000$ a month or 48,000$ a year more that business has to come up with...

Man, I'll bet that slows down expansions and growth of business that spend tons in the Seattle economy. Might even end up with fewer jobs, that too might suspend the economy just a tad more.

Guess we'll see how this plays out. Not looking good off the line but hey maybe all of economic history will pull a 180 and you get this one right.

lets say you have 20 employee's that go up an average of 200$ a month, that's 4,000$ a month or 48,000$ a year more

he posted 200 bucks a week

that would be 208,000 a year plus employer payroll tax costs

Forum List

Back