Seattle raises minimum wage to $15 an hour

Seattle already has the highest minimum wage in the nation at $9.19 an hour. There's A New Push To Raise Seattle's Minimum Wage To $15 Per Hour

Seattle also has one of the highest rents in the nation, average $1846 for a two bedroom apartment. Average Rent In Seattle, Seattle Rent Trends and Rental Comps

Think there might be a correlation?

So you think high demand & prices for rentals won't create more jobs, spur building boom, eventually lowering rent rates?

Yes, I think high demand & prices for rentals won't create more jobs, spur building boom, eventually lowering rent rate.

So far it hasn't done that in the city of Seattle. History is on my side.

What was it that Albert Einstein said about doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results?

Why do conservatives always say that lowering taxes will put more money in people's pockets and thus stimulate the economy,

but raising the minimum wage won't?

So everyone in Seattle who was at 9 bucks an hour will now have an extra 200+ bucks a week to spend into the Seattle economy.

How do you come to that conclusion?

9 + 6 = 15. 6 x 8 = 48. 48 x 5 = 240.

6 extra bucks per hour, 8 hours per day, 5 days per week.

Doesn't take place for 3 years for franchises and 7 years for other small businesses and because of that, it'll never happen at all, it'll be overturned in court.

So everyone in Seattle who was at 9 bucks an hour will now have an extra 200+ bucks a week to spend into the Seattle economy.

if they all continue to have a job

All the businesses will have to pay it, so it's a level playing field. The strong will survive.

the strong shall survive is not leveling the playing field

the little guy gets wiped out while the big guy absorbs it

nifty man

leveling the playing field --LOL

Headline one year from now:

Seattle Store Fronts Empty

That is what you retards said last time when Seattle made their minimum wage the highest in the country. Yet their city is booming & their unemployment rate dropped to 4.4% -LOL

Quite a different dichotomy this time, dill weed. This represents a 62% increase in the city wage. Mom and Pop businesses are going to get slaughtered because they are going to have a huge competitive disadvantage to the surrounding suburbs. Stupid doesn't even begin to describe you people.

Why do conservatives always say that lowering taxes will put more money in people's pockets and thus stimulate the economy,

but raising the minimum wage won't?

More! Please! More!

make-me-laugh-d884e93a2b0d0bcae52ee11e89e2c30c7c5f0a50-s51.jpg

if they all continue to have a job

All the businesses will have to pay it, so it's a level playing field. The strong will survive.

nifty man

No. The guy who doesn't have a well run business with a good model for profit gets wiped out.

nifty man

No. The guy who doesn't have a well run business with a good model for profit gets wiped out.

You couldn't run a lemonade stand you economic retard. :lol:

Headline one year from now:

Seattle Store Fronts Empty

That is what you retards said last time when Seattle made their minimum wage the highest in the country. Yet their city is booming & their unemployment rate dropped to 4.4% -LOL

Quite a different dichotomy this time, dill weed. This represents a 62% increase in the city wage. Mom and Pop businesses are going to get slaughtered because they are going to have a huge competitive disadvantage to the surrounding suburbs. Stupid doesn't even begin to describe you people.

Stupid doesn't even begin to describe people like you who are wrong every time yet keep claiming your same retarded talking points are true.

So why did Seattle raising the minimum wage to the highest in the country last time cause even lower unemployment? That is the complete opposite of what your retarded republican talking points claimed would happen. So now you just double down on stupid.

Martina Phelps says the Seattle City Council's historic vote Monday to raise the minimum wage to $15 per hour could change her life.

Phelps, 22, earns $9.47 per hour working for a McDonald's restaurant near downtown. She wants to move out of her mother's South Seattle home, and she wants to go back to school. She says those things could happen now that the city will have the nation's highest minimum wage.

"It's hard right now," she told USA TODAY hours before the midafternoon vote. "I have been trying to save up for school, but I just can't do it. This would mean a lot."

The council unanimously approved the measure before a packed house.

The plan, which includes a lower training wage aimed at teenagers, will phase in the higher, local minimum over three to seven years, depending on the size of the business and benefits they provide employees. Next April 1, when the plan takes effect, every worker will get at least a $1-an-hour raise.

Seattle raises minimum wage to $15 an hour

What makes her think her hours won't be cut back and her insurance go up?

Stupid doesn't even begin to describe people like you who are wrong every time yet keep claiming your same retarded talking points are true.

I'm never wrong. I have history and reality on my side. You have greed and delusions on yours.

Real neutral source there. :lol:

I can't make it on my own. I can't even really function. So what, I'm a loser; that's why I need to get the gubmit to hep me.
registered republican. Nuff said. Only CEO's are worth that much money? Hell with the little guy...keep becoming the party of rich old white people...the sooner the parties die the better.
In completely related news, the unemployment rate in the Seattle areas affected just went up.

Actually its down quite low.

Takes time to fire people. Not really sure why you wouldn't be aware of that.

In completely related news, the unemployment rate in the Seattle areas affected just went up.

Your an idiot. :cuckoo: Increasing minimum wage increases jobs & lowers unemployment rates. Seattle has the highest minimum wage in the country, yet their unemployment rate is only 4.4% which is lower than their surrounding cities, their state, surrounding states & lower than the state of Texas that has low wages & the benefits of an oil boom.

Increasing minimum wage increases jobs & lowers unemployment rates.

Good to know.
Let's raise it to $100/hr.

Forum List

Back