🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Seattle vs Houston ...

my apologies to you Hug.I assumed from your post that the texans had won. Man I could kick myself now for leaving that game.I turned it off at the middle of the third quarter and left the way they were stinking up the joint.Do you know of any places i could get that game? i would like to watch it to see everything i missed.

Okay they won,but still Huggy,you cant deny they are a completely different team on the road than they are at home.They never would have stunk up the joint like they did if that had been a home game for them.

as before with the panthers,they struggled AGAIN to win a game on the road and this time it was against a good team.

I cant pick your hawks to win the superbowl even if they do go undefeated somehow the way they keep stinking up the joint on the road.I can pick them to get there,but I think if your hawks do somehow go undefeated,they will lose to the broncos in the superbowl who I do agree with you will go undefeated.

I cant pick them to beat the Broncos.I mean look at them.They remind me of the 49ers teams that Montana had.winning on the road for them is a piece of cake.they think nothing of it going on the road and they show it. The Hawks dont show it that they arent thinking about it when they go and play on the road.they seem to have a mindset that they are going to struggle so thats exactly what they go out and do.

I also cant see them beathng the niners at home because what I did not know,is that they are playing right now without Vernon Davis,Crabtree,and manningham.sure we'll have Harvin back by then but with all those recievers of the niners back and at home this time,it will be a struggle again on the road for them.

its a good thing the injury that they suffered was to one of their running backs since they are deep there at that position and thankfully it wasnt Lynch.

I cant pick them to beat the Broncos.I mean look at them.They remind me of the 49ers teams that Montana had.winning on the road for them is a piece of cake.they think nothing of it going on the road and they show it. The Hawks dont show it that they arent thinking about it when they go and play on the road.they seem to have a mindset that they are going to struggle so thats exactly what they go out and do.

Well then...You fucked up Kreskin! The Seahawks obviously CHANGED thier minds and decided to win however improbable behind 20-3 late in the game. :lol:

Yes I fucked up no doubt but you're evading the question,how can you pick them to beat the broncos in the superbowl if they meet each other when the broncos think nothing of it when they play on the road and have no problems whatsoever?

Especially when they beat the ravens so convincingly who have a defense that is hard to plan against as well?

The Ravens beat a 9ers team in NO that lost to the Colts...at home. The Seahawks just beat the Texans in a qtr and a half starting from behind 20-3. The Broncos do ONE thing well. They(Manning) pass the ball well. Decker and Welker seem to get open with regularity. Seattle will put more pressure on Manning than most and will smack Decker and Welker in the mouth early and often. Unless the Broncos come up with a stud at RB Seattle will dissmantle the Broncos passing attack.

If Seattle was going to fold during an away game they would have had every reason to do it yesterday. You really NEED to see the last qtr and a half of the Houston game to see why I have confidense in the Seattle Seahawks.

They DID win the(away) game after all despite your lack of faith and attention. :lol:

I tired to tell you Hug that you were on the pipe thinking the hawks would go undefeated after they barely beat the panthers on the road.im afraid they are not that team of the past that doesnt play bad on the road.

They are not like the 49ers were when montana was there.the reason they went 15-1 and went to the superbowl and beat the dolphins that year was their one loss they had that season was AT HOME.unlike the hawks,they excelleed on the road.The Hawks havent learned to be road warriors yet.till the prove they can beat a good team on the road conviningly,you need to hold off on this undefeated nonsense I tried to tell you about before.

now that you realise it is nonsense,you just need to hope they can get homefield advantage at this point.

This is the NFL of 2013. This isn't the NFL of the Montana's or the Young's. The teams have been made parable by edict. It is very hard under the present cap to build a dynasty.

Seattle played in Houston with two O-Linemen that had never started, replacing one all-pro and one pro-bowler, and another that had had two starts against a great D-line with Cummings and arguably the most impressive, hard hitting and disruptive Defensive lineman in the NFL ..J J Watt.

We(our Defense) also lost Bennett early due to injury(he was the guy carted off the field) and Irvin who was sitting out his last game from suspension.

At the time of the kickoff Houston had the second best defense in the NFL.

Thier special teams had Seattle pinned well inside our twenty most of the first half. Our recievers were covered extremely well giving Wilson few targets to throw to.

THEY were playing at home.

The breaks went Houston's way for three qtrs. Shit happens.

I also felt that some of the drive killing penalties called went Houston's way for most of the game.

SOoooo...... Seattle found itself behind by 20-3 late in the game against ALL odds and certain to lose it's first game this season.

THEN Russell Wilson put the Seahawks on his back and started making plays.

That sideline pass to Baldwin was as pefect a pass on the run with Doug's toes JUST inbounds by his toenails as you will ever see.

That pirouette and scamper to the 3 yard line on fourth down was CLASSIC Wilson.

The Pass to Lynch was due to a great fake by Wilson.

Then there was the Sherman int. Ya the pass was ill advised.. Not because it was miss thrown... The ball was on target. It was right to the tight end. Sherman is such a gifted athlete that he just MADE the pic 6 look easy by leaping high over the TE and snatching the ball right out of thier reciever's hands. THEN he had to make the 52 yard run to the EZ....without one of his shoes.

Nobody GAVE the game to Seattle. Houston had the first possession in OT. The Seattle defense held and Wilson got the team close enough for the winning FG.

True.. this was Seattle's closest game. Seattle got BEAT for three qtrs yesterday. Seattle played crazy good in the fourth qtr when a team with any normal sense would have folded and gone home with a respectable 3-1 record believing that it just wasn't thier day...It just wasn't meant to be.

You can say what you will but in my mind this was one of our best victories EVER!

That pass WAS a bad throw. It was a terrible throw. It was a bad decision, the ball hung in the air, there was nothing good about it. It was most likely not where Schaub wanted to put it, either. (Unless he's just a total moron) If Schaub doesn't make that throw, it's very possible the Hawks don't win.

That said, he made the throw because he was under pressure. The Seattle D forced the bad throw. Sherman made the play on the ball. The Hawks didn't allow any points in the second half. They showed a lot of grit turning the game around the way they did.

Still, the Seahawks have not been a good road team for a long time. They CAN win on the road, but are terribly inconsistent away from home. It may not matter; they may have homefield throughout. If they don't, though, I'd be worried as a Seattle fan come playoff time.

I tired to tell you Hug that you were on the pipe thinking the hawks would go undefeated after they barely beat the panthers on the road.im afraid they are not that team of the past that doesnt play bad on the road.

They are not like the 49ers were when montana was there.the reason they went 15-1 and went to the superbowl and beat the dolphins that year was their one loss they had that season was AT HOME.unlike the hawks,they excelleed on the road.The Hawks havent learned to be road warriors yet.till the prove they can beat a good team on the road conviningly,you need to hold off on this undefeated nonsense I tried to tell you about before.

now that you realise it is nonsense,you just need to hope they can get homefield advantage at this point.

This is the NFL of 2013. This isn't the NFL of the Montana's or the Young's. The teams have been made parable by edict. It is very hard under the present cap to build a dynasty.

Seattle played in Houston with two O-Linemen that had never started, replacing one all-pro and one pro-bowler, and another that had had two starts against a great D-line with Cummings and arguably the most impressive, hard hitting and disruptive Defensive lineman in the NFL ..J J Watt.

We(our Defense) also lost Bennett early due to injury(he was the guy carted off the field) and Irvin who was sitting out his last game from suspension.

Thier special teams had Seattle pinned well inside our twenty most of the first half. Our recievers were covered extremely well giving Wilson few targets to throw to.

I also felt that some of the drive killing penalties called went Houston's way for most of the game.

SOoooo...... Seattle found itself behind by 20-3 late in the game against ALL odds and certain to lose it's first game this season.

That sideline pass to Baldwin was as pefect a pass on the run with Doug's toes JUST inbounds by his toenails as you will ever see.

That pirouette and scamper to the 3 yard line on fourth down was CLASSIC Wilson.

Then there was the Sherman int. Ya the pass was ill advised.. Not because it was miss thrown... The ball was on target. It was right to the tight end. Sherman is such a gifted athlete that he just MADE the pic 6 look easy by leaping high over the TE and snatching the ball right out of thier reciever's hands. THEN he had to make the 52 yard run to the EZ....without one of his shoes.

Nobody GAVE the game to Seattle. Houston had the first possession in OT. The Seattle defense held and Wilson got the team close enough for the winning FG.

True.. this was Seattle's closest game. Seattle got BEAT for three qtrs yesterday. Seattle played crazy good in the fourth qtr when a team with any normal sense would have folded and gone home with a respectable 3-1 record believing that it just wasn't thier day...It just wasn't meant to be.

You can say what you will but in my mind this was one of our best victories EVER!

That pass WAS a bad throw. It was a terrible throw. It was a bad decision, the ball hung in the air, there was nothing good about it. It was most likely not where Schaub wanted to put it, either. (Unless he's just a total moron) If Schaub doesn't make that throw, it's very possible the Hawks don't win.

That said, he made the throw because he was under pressure. The Seattle D forced the bad throw. Sherman made the play on the ball. The Hawks didn't allow any points in the second half. They showed a lot of grit turning the game around the way they did.

Still, the Seahawks have not been a good road team for a long time. They CAN win on the road, but are terribly inconsistent away from home. It may not matter; they may have homefield throughout. If they don't, though, I'd be worried as a Seattle fan come playoff time.

Good point.Kubiak was saying in USA today sports that he was partially to blame for the loss.That he shouldnt have put Schaub in that position to make that errant throw.That he should have called for a running play.If Kubiak calls for that running play instead of a pass,no way do the Hawks come back and win that game.They got lucky coming away with this win.

Yes the hawks being my favorite team as well,I am very concerned that they struggle so badly to win on the road.I am also very concerned about the fact they lost Defensive end Michael Bennet to a serious injury he will out for a long time obviously.He was their sack leader.

The niners are playing right now without 3 of their starting receievers Crabtree,Davis,and Manningham.

when they get back,they are going to be tougher to beat and not so easy to defend like the colts were able to do against them.Right now teams can just focus on shutting out Bolden because they dont have to worry about them especially Manningham who like Bolden,is a great receiver.He was critical in the Giants winning that game two years ago against the patriots in the superbowl with that miracle catch on the sidelines.

Till they can stop stinking up the joint on the road,I just cant see them beating the whiners in San Fran.

It was a bad decision and throw agaisnt Sherman. BUT as you said incorrectly ...The ball was NOT behind the TE. It would have landed in his hands if #25 hadn't jumped the pass. Not EVERY db in the NFL would have had the savy to break on that pass and pick 6. Richard just made it look easy with his athletism. OF COURSE it is easy and probably right for Shaub and all the looky loo's to second guess the toss after they lost the game. How about blaming it on the TE for not breaking up Sherman's reception? How about the QB for not tackling Sherman before he got a convoy to the EZ? How about the TE not tackling Sherman ...HE was RIGHT THERE!

I don't know about all the other teams but the Seahawks dedicate a whole day of practice to takeaways. That specific play was one that Seattle expected to come up under certain down and distance. Shaub had two pick sixes previously in the season so Seattle's coaches knew there was potential in that one tendency for a turnover. Seattle practiced that very same play for an interception and thier hard work and repetition made the play look simple.

As Wilson has said many a time.. "The seperation is in the preparation".

Good point.Kubiak was saying in USA today sports that he was partially to blame for the loss.That he shouldnt have put Schaub in that position to make that errant throw.That he should have called for a running play.If Kubiak calls for that running play instead of a pass,no way do the Hawks come back and win that game.They got lucky coming away with this win.

Yes the hawks being my favorite team as well,I am very concerned that they struggle so badly to win on the road.I am also very concerned about the fact they lost Defensive end Michael Bennet to a serious injury he will out for a long time obviously.He was their sack leader.

The niners are playing right now without 3 of their starting receievers Crabtree,Davis,and Manningham.

when they get back,they are going to be tougher to beat and not so easy to defend like the colts were able to do against them.Right now teams can just focus on shutting out Bolden because they dont have to worry about them especially Manningham who like Bolden,is a great receiver.He was critical in the Giants winning that game two years ago against the patriots in the superbowl with that miracle catch on the sidelines.

Till they can stop stinking up the joint on the road,I just cant see them beating the whiners in San Fran.

actually I feel more confident now that the niners wont be anywhere near as good as last year and the hawks will take them in san fran after reading this article.

Inside the 49ers | 49ers flaws were exposed and the rest of the league was watching | The Press Democrat, Santa Rosa, CA

It looks like manningham and Crabtree who came up with lots of big plays for Kapernick in the playoffs last year,both have some very serious injurys and will be out most if not all the season.That will hurt the whiners this year.

so if the hawks can sneak pass the colts on the road next week,and I think they can since they will have three of their starters back,I dont think they can go undefeated this year since they still havent solved their road woes,but I think they will be good enough to get homefield advantage though.
This team isnt like the niners in the late 80's when they had Joe Montana.

Those teams could go out and win every week consistantly whether it was on the road or at home.Playing on the road meant nothing to them,Matter of fact the two years they had the best record and lost just one game the whole year and another year losing just two of them for that year,those were games they lost at HOME.

Matter of fact I still remember the announcers saying that they thought it me be disadvantage to them clinching homefield advantage having to play them at home since they had a better record on the road that year than at home losing those two games that year at home.:D

Last edited:

It was a bad decision and throw agaisnt Sherman. BUT as you said incorrectly ...The ball was NOT behind the TE. It would have landed in his hands if #25 hadn't jumped the pass. Not EVERY db in the NFL would have had the savy to break on that pass and pick 6. Richard just made it look easy with his athletism. OF COURSE it is easy and probably right for Shaub and all the looky loo's to second guess the toss after they lost the game. How about blaming it on the TE for not breaking up Sherman's reception? How about the QB for not tackling Sherman before he got a convoy to the EZ? How about the TE not tackling Sherman ...HE was RIGHT THERE!

I don't know about all the other teams but the Seahawks dedicate a whole day of practice to takeaways. That specific play was one that Seattle expected to come up under certain down and distance. Shaub had two pick sixes previously in the season so Seattle's coaches knew there was potential in that one tendency for a turnover. Seattle practiced that very same play for an interception and thier hard work and repetition made the play look simple.

As Wilson has said many a time.. "The seperation is in the preparation".

I never said the ball was behind Daniels (or was it Graham? whatever). I said it wasn't where Schaub would have wanted it. Considering the situation at the time and the coverage, I can only guess he would have wanted the ball near the TE's feet and away from the db. Getting the catch was less important than avoiding the int. But since Schaub really just kind of lofted the ball up for whoever might happen to get it......

I already said that the Seattle D caused the play. Sherman made a good int and return. However, he had plenty of time to see it and make a move on the ball because it was such a poorly tossed up duck. Seattle deserves credit for making the play, both in pass rush and coverage. Don't mistake that for meaning Schaub threw up a good pass that was only intercepted because Sherman is a great cb. He is, but it was a terrible, terrible pass.

Forum List

Back