Second amendment, should felons be allowed to own guns?

I don't know today but when I had my FFL a "felon" could get a "go" for a firearm from a judge who would look at the crimes and sign certain ones off. Fraudsters, dope possession,car-bike theft, general scammers.Non-violent background or guys who were 40 .....and fucked up when they were 20, "could" get a pass to get a gun to hunt or whatever back in those days. It took a while.I want to say the same sign-off got them back the right to vote too but that was too long ago for details.

I'm pretty sure you can still get a judge to restore your ability to own a firearm. A guy I worked with some years ago did it.

But if you have, as Jitsie claims he does, multiple felonies for violent behavior, I doubt a judge would sign off on it.
Democrats won’t fund that agency that restores gun rights

to the original question: there is not a lot of gray area here. If one believes in the Constitution and the 2nd Amendment, as strongly as is often proclaimed, , then, yes, felons should be able to acquire any firearm they so desire. as should the insane. As should those who profess support for Sharia law. And so on, and so on.
That’s America and I love it

Actually, it is not America. Those who have been diagnosed with serious mental illnesses cannot buy a gun from a dealer. And it has been that way for over 50 years.

to the original question: there is not a lot of gray area here. If one believes in the Constitution and the 2nd Amendment, as strongly as is often proclaimed, , then, yes, felons should be able to acquire any firearm they so desire. as should the insane. As should those who profess support for Sharia law. And so on, and so on.

Actually, it is not America. Those who have been diagnosed with serious mental illnesses cannot buy a gun from a dealer. And it has been that way for over 50 years.
They never really did, no need for a law

I don't know today but when I had my FFL a "felon" could get a "go" for a firearm from a judge who would look at the crimes and sign certain ones off. Fraudsters, dope possession,car-bike theft, general scammers.Non-violent background or guys who were 40 .....and fucked up when they were 20, "could" get a pass to get a gun to hunt or whatever back in those days. It took a while.I want to say the same sign-off got them back the right to vote too but that was too long ago for details.

I'm pretty sure you can still get a judge to restore your ability to own a firearm. A guy I worked with some years ago did it.

But if you have, as Jitsie claims he does, multiple felonies for violent behavior, I doubt a judge would sign off on it.

Won't fund the agency that restores gun rights? We are talking about a judge signing off on a felon getting his gun rights back.

Are you saying the Dems won't fund the DOJ?

What? So you think certifiably insane people never really bought guns? lol Okey dokey then. Pulled that "fact" out of your ass, didja?

Won't fund the agency that restores gun rights? We are talking about a judge signing off on a felon getting his gun rights back.

There’s a process you have to go through in that department will not be funded by Democrats

What? So you think certifiably insane people never really bought guns? lol Okey dokey then. Pulled that "fact" out of your ass, didja?
Whatever you say anti-trump

Can you even recite the pledge allegiance?

There’s a process you have to go through in that department will not be funded by Democrats

What process? You will probably need to hire a lawyer, but that is not something that someone would fund.

I say your claim that the certifiably insane never really bought guns is ridiculous.

What process? You will probably need to hire a lawyer, but that is not something that someone would fund.
I just told you what needs to be done Pay attention

I say your claim that the certifiably insane never really bought guns is ridiculous.
That’s not what I said snowflake

You said there was a process. What process?

The department is closed , Democrats won’t fund it

Wow. Let's review.

I said "Those who have been diagnosed with serious mental illnesses cannot buy a gun from a dealer. And it has been that way for over 50 years.".

You replied "They never really did, no need for a law".

Ummm, how is it you now claim you didn't say that?

The department is closed , Democrats won’t fund it

What department? Did they fire all the judges?

I wonder if the anti gun nuts understands what happen in California last week?

A judge put a stay on the stupid law that severely restricted ammo sales.

Now everybody is buying bulk ammo on line and it is being shipped to the state.

MAGA Baby!

Wow. Let's review.

I said "Those who have been diagnosed with serious mental illnesses cannot buy a gun from a dealer. And it has been that way for over 50 years.".

You replied "They never really did, no need for a law".

Ummm, how is it you now claim you didn't say that?
Can you read?

Forum List

Back