Secretary of Defense orders nine military bases honoring Confederate officers be renamed

“The Commission's thorough and historically informed work has put the Department on a path to meet Congressional intent – and to remove from U.S. military facilities all names, symbols, displays, monuments, and paraphernalia that honor or commemorate the Confederacy. The Commission has chosen names that echo with honor, patriotism, and history - names that will inspire generations of Service members to defend our democracy and our Constitution.”

Very good.
The premise of this thread is a lie and full of DNC cultism

Burying history, because it is painful is a fool's errand. DEMOCRATS were the southern states leaders. They formed the KKK and other racist hate groups. Your name calling is total bull shit to make you worthless pieces of shit feel better. Its called learning from your mistakes. But you leftists lie and claim it was someone else when it was YOU that were the problem. DO the world a favor and go fuck yourself..
Who wants to bury history? 😄

We're talking about renaming bases and stopping the venerating of people who fought to maintain slavery. However I am all in favor of teaching little kids, especially little white ones in the South, how they were indeed pieces of human shit from a shit culture. We should absolutely never forget that. 😁

Who wants to bury history? 😄

We're talking about renaming bases and stopping the venerating of people who fought to maintain slavery. However I am all in favor of teaching little kids, especially little white ones in the South, how they were indeed pieces of human shit from a shit culture. We should absolutely never forget that. 😁
:spinner: :spinner: :spinner: :smoke:

I love it... You're spinning again... Now why would that be?

History was one of my favorite subjects and your abject ignorance of it, doesn't change history.

Lyndon Johnson was most definitely a Racist- in spite of his signing of the Civil Rights Act.

He explained himself to the NAACP convention "I'll have you N-Words voting Democrat for a hundred generations"

That was the last of the Civil Rights acts and he opposed all of the others including the anti-lynching law.......he only signed that one because he understood that if the democrats didn't hide their history, they would never hold national office again..........

Lyndon Johnson opposed every civil rights proposal considered in his first 20 years as lawmaker

"He had been a congressman, beginning in 1937, for eleven years, and for eleven years he had voted against every civil rights bill –

against not only legislation aimed at ending the poll tax and segregation in the armed services but even against legislation aimed at ending lynching: a one hundred percent record," Caro wrote.

"Running for the Senate in 1948, he had assailed President" Harry "Truman’s entire civil rights program (‘an effort to set up a police state’)…Until 1957, in the Senate, as in the House, his record – by that time a twenty-year record – against civil rights had been consistent," Caro wrote.

=========

The Party of Civil Rights | National Review

The Party of Civil Rights

The depth of Johnson’s prior opposition to civil-rights reform must be digested in some detail to be properly appreciated.

In the House, he did not represent a particularly segregationist constituency (it “made up for being less intensely segregationist than the rest of the South by being more intensely anti-Communist,” as the New York Times put it), but Johnson was practically antebellum in his views.

Never mind civil rights or voting rights: In Congress, Johnson had consistently and repeatedly voted against legislation to protect black Americans from lynching.

As a leader in the Senate, Johnson did his best to cripple the Civil Rights Act of 1957; not having votes sufficient to stop it, he managed to reduce it to an act of mere symbolism by excising the enforcement provisions before sending it to the desk of President Eisenhower.

Johnson’s Democratic colleague Strom Thurmond nonetheless went to the trouble of staging the longest filibuster in history up to that point, speaking for 24 hours in a futile attempt to block the bill. The reformers came back in 1960 with an act to remedy the deficiencies of the 1957 act, and Johnson’s Senate Democrats again staged a record-setting filibuster.

In both cases, the “master of the Senate” petitioned the northeastern Kennedy liberals to credit him for having seen to the law’s passage while at the same time boasting to southern Democrats that he had taken the teeth out of the legislation.

Johnson would later explain his thinking thus: “These Negroes, they’re getting pretty uppity these days, and that’s a problem for us, since they’ve got something now they never had before: the political pull to back up their uppityness. Now we’ve got to do something about this — we’ve got to give them a little something, just enough to quiet them down, not enough to make a difference.”

Read more at: The Party of Civil Rights

=============

:spinner: :spinner: :spinner: :smoke:

I love it... You're spinning again... Now why would that be?

History was one of my favorite subjects and your abject ignorance of it, doesn't change history.
Spinning what clown boy, you can't even describe it. 😄 Everything I said was a fact.

If you look at the big picture, none of this really amounts to a fucking hill of beans.

What does matter, is that whatever else, there will never, ever be a Fort Biden or a Biden Air Force Base. :laughing0301:
Nor a Fort Trump or an Trump Air Force Base....your point??

However, aside from the Confederacy, only one of those two actually tried to attack the US Capitol...

I think I agree....we should not honor democrat party soldiers who fought to keep black humans as slaves to the members of the democrat party....
So how come so many of your "Conservative team mates" glorify the Confederacy -- and so many black folks and "Democrats" despise the Confederacy??

Did something change in the last 150 years? Or are you idiotic enough to believe everything remained the same?

1984.jpg

This is just a political move on the part of Sleepy Joe, BTW. He sees black voters slipping away, and making this announcement right before the midterms is designed to keep them on the Democrat Plantation.

He isn't fooling anyone.

BTW, is Biden going to remove the Confederate statues and memorials from the Gettysburg facility?
The only folks who refer to black people who vote Democrat as being slaves on a plantation are racists and self-hating coons...funny how that works.....

And yall wonder why yall must continuously have to pretend more and more black folks are voting Republican..they are not....if they were, Conservatives wouldn't devote so much time to trying to supress black voting precincts...

Himself a Confederate sympathizer.

Andrew Johnson ran with Lincoln in 1864, and served as a US Senator in Washington when many of his fellow Tennesseeans were Confederates.

Hardly a sympathizer during the war- afterwards he like most Americans sought to patch up the problems instead of exacerbate them like modern Libs.

Andrew Johnson ran with Lincoln in 1864, and served as a US Senator in Washington when many of his fellow Tennesseeans were Confederates.

Hardly a sympathizer during the war- afterwards he like most Americans sought to patch up the problems instead of exacerbate them like modern Libs.
How are liberals both the Confederacy and also against the Confederacy at the same time?

Do you understand how idiotic you morons look when you are so ashamed of your own history -- that you make yourself look this stupid

Are we talking Lyndon Johnson or Andrew Johnson....both were democrats, both were racists, and likely Lyndon was the actual klan member....
Lyndon Johnson advanced some of the most progressive legislation in terms of civil rights, including legislation of that very name.

You're wrong again, gun humper.

I am all in favor of teaching little kids, especially little white ones in the South, how they were indeed pieces of human shit from a shit culture. We should absolutely never forget that. 😁

This is a truly reprehensible stance….Makes me profoundly sad that anyone would want to teach any child to hate themselves based on race.

This is a truly reprehensible stance….Makes me profoundly sad that anyone would want to teach any child to hate themselves based on race.
That's not what I wrote you illiterate fuckwit and pretending as if you can't understand simple sentences only makes you look like a moron. 😄

Let's try this again Slow Boy. We should teach little children, especially little white Southern ones, that the racist pieces of shits who fought to preserve slavery and then segregation were indeed pieces of shit who belonged to a shit culture. Identify what's factually wrong with those statements. 😁

If you look at the big picture, none of this really amounts to a fucking hill of beans.

What does matter, is that whatever else, there will never, ever be a Fort Biden or a Biden Air Force Base. :laughing0301:

Leftists get orgasmic over stupid shit like this... while drowning in inflation, energy costs, 401k's tanking, etc etc

It was the 1920s – the height of Jim Crow, black codes, and segregation.

As was the case with statues and monuments named for treasonous war criminals from the South, so too were military installations – to reaffirm and establish the institution of racism.

Demoquacks... seriously

So how come so many of your "Conservative team mates" glorify the Confederacy -- and so many black folks and "Democrats" despise the Confederacy??

Did something change in the last 150 years? Or are you idiotic enough to believe everything remained the same?

Some of my conservative side doesn't understand that supporting States Rights, does not mean you heroes have to be democrat party slave owners........States Rights are a good thing, keeping the Federal government in Check.....so we simply need to make our own heroes in that cause rather than borrowing them from the Civil War era.....

And blacks really, really need to stop voting for the democrat party, the party of slavery, racism and violence....a party that has done horrible damage to black Americans since the day it was created by two slave owners.

Forum List

Back