Selective Feminism

"Feminism" doesn't mean "defending women from attacks".

As to your theme, liberals don't rush to the defense of Palin for the same reason that Conservatives didn't rush to the defense of Fluke.

Actually, Republicans don't criticize Fluke for the same reason that Democrats criticize Palin.

Fluke demanded that government confiscate money and redistribute it. Palin is a female who is defying the Democratic party, and Democrats destroy all women who dare not be Democrat lest other women get in in their heads they are free to support their conscience. There is no comparison.

Have you seen the news over the past couple of years? Sure you have. If you haven't, you've missed a broiling debate on the issue of abortion and contraception, not to mention some deep and wounding misogynistic commentary issued by opponents and supporters of this right passed you by. But enough of that.

In the midst of this heated debate I have noticed something. I have observed how some women treat other women differently than others. I have again noticed how this behavior is widely influenced by political or societal events. I also have taken notice of the hypocrisy that it entails. What I am referring to is known as selective feminism. No doubt you have heard the comments issued forth by the right wing political shock trooper Rush Limbaugh in reference to Georgetown law student Sandra Fluke, and the firestorm that ensued afterwards.

In this instance you have Democrats, pro abortionists and feminists all across America crying bloody murder, saying that Limbaugh should be taken off the air for his comments. In fact, they have said things to the extent of "Fluke is just an ordinary woman, how dare he say such mean things about her?", "He should be taken off the air or apologize post haste!" (Which he did not soon after).

These very same people have gone on to say that Republicans only want to take away their rights to contraceptives and birth control pills, and that the men, as well as the government, should keep their nose out from between their legs, which I find odd to say the least, since they want a right only the government itself can provide, and also that they allow certain men to fight for them and their "freedom." Okay, lets jump the fence here, to the other side of the political spectrum. I made reference to Fluke and Limbaugh, now lets examine David Letterman and Bill Maher, both Liberals, and their comments about Sarah Palin In June of 2009, David Letterman was caught on air making reference to Sarah Palin as a "slutty flight attendant," going on to make a less than polite joke about her underage daughter Willow:

"One awkward moment for Sarah Palin at the Yankee game," Letterman said, "during the seventh inning, her daughter was knocked up by Alex Rodriguez."

After Letterman's comment, Sarah Palin immediately responded, accusing him of making inappropriate and sexually perverted statements that he would "have never said about anyone else's daughter, and that "acceptance of sexually inappropriate jokes about someone's underage daughter, who could be anyone's daughter, contributes to the atrociously [sic] high rate of sexual exploitation of minors by older men who use and abuse others," she went on to say. But wait! We then have Bill Maher who, after finding out that Palin had accepted a job as a contributor to Fox News, made this remark about her and her child, Trig, who has Down Syndrome:

“Sarah Palin agreed to do commentary at Fox News, which is actually very similar to her day job, talking to a baby with Down syndrome. Speaking of dumb s**ts, it’s not because they have breasts. It’s because they are boobs."

Once again Palin and the Republican party were outraged. As you know, Sarah Palin is widely known as Republican nominee John McCain's VP candidate, and a Republican herself. In this instance, only the women on the right wing side of the aisle were heard condemning the remarks. Now, here's the kicker, where were the feminists? Where, indeed, were the female Democrats? Not one was to be heard burning her brassiere over these sexually tinged comments, which leads me to my point.

What you saw here was members of feminism being selective of which women to defend, after she is slandered. But then again, a woman is a woman, right? Wrong. Somehow only a Liberal woman is worth defending, but a Conservative one, well, she's on her own. If you happen to be a Liberal woman reading right now, here is a question for you. How come you will defend a woman such as Sandra Fluke, but not ones such as Sarah Palin? They are both women. How can you not be angered when a woman, akin to yourself in all senses of the word, is sexually denigrated by other men? Might it be because she is a conservative? Or maybe it is because she is a pro life advocate? I fail to see the logic in this rationale that one woman is somehow different than another.

If Liberal women (men too, to an extent) are to be angry at Rush Limbaugh for inappropriately targeting Fluke, they should be equally angry when someone like Bill Maher or David Letterman make crude and sexist comments about Sarah Palin, her daughter, or her mentally afflicted son. To ignore it is to be a hypocrite, to defend it is foolish, and to do so is to take part in the act of selective feminism. Come on ladies, where did all the girl power go? Palin has the same set of ovaries and sexual organs you do, so why is she so vastly different? A woman should be quick to defend one of her own, whether be she a Liberal or Conservative, pro-life or pro-choice. If you are going to be sympathetic toward one woman, be so for all of them. If you are going to be outraged at a man who slanders another woman, again be outraged in unison with her and with all of womankind. These feelings should be indiscriminate. A woman is a woman, regardless of what she believes in or what viewpoints she holds to be true. To borrow a couple of verses, love your enemies as yourself. Do to others as you would have them do to you.

Finally, take heed readers, that some of this can be said for Conservative women too. Remember, every woman should be in this together!

When you quote someone, you need to put quotation marks around it and cite the source. Where did you get this passage?

Nah...... He wrote that. You can tell by the distinctly juvenile nature of the premise and the presentation. It is TK's work.

And if you claim to be a patriot and you refuse to advocate for the decent treatment of all Americans then you are not patriotic.
It very simple. Isn't it.:eusa_whistle:
Now stumble along, if you try, to defend your hatred and how you despise other citizens of this country that need your support.

Secondly, "Feminism" isn't about defending all women from attacks. I don't know why you keep using that term.

If a feminist claims to be for all women, but fails to stand up for one when she is denigrated by someone, if a feminist advocates or supports the rights and equality of women, why does she not support that for all women? Should that not translate into defending them regardless of that they believe as well? How can they say "we represent all women" but sit idly by while certain women are degraded and treated with utter contempt?

Who isnt advocating decent treatment? But you mean by decent treatment "more free shit." No, we dont advocate more free shit for lazy people who look to gov't to supply their every need.

Have you seen the news over the past couple of years? Sure you have. If you haven't, you've missed a broiling debate on the issue of abortion and contraception, not to mention some deep and wounding misogynistic commentary issued by opponents and supporters of this right passed you by. But enough of that.

In the midst of this heated debate I have noticed something. I have observed how some women treat other women differently than others. I have again noticed how this behavior is widely influenced by political or societal events. I also have taken notice of the hypocrisy that it entails. What I am referring to is known as selective feminism. No doubt you have heard the comments issued forth by the right wing political shock trooper Rush Limbaugh in reference to Georgetown law student Sandra Fluke, and the firestorm that ensued afterwards.

In this instance you have Democrats, pro abortionists and feminists all across America crying bloody murder, saying that Limbaugh should be taken off the air for his comments. In fact, they have said things to the extent of "Fluke is just an ordinary woman, how dare he say such mean things about her?", "He should be taken off the air or apologize post haste!" (Which he did not soon after).

These very same people have gone on to say that Republicans only want to take away their rights to contraceptives and birth control pills, and that the men, as well as the government, should keep their nose out from between their legs, which I find odd to say the least, since they want a right only the government itself can provide, and also that they allow certain men to fight for them and their "freedom." Okay, lets jump the fence here, to the other side of the political spectrum. I made reference to Fluke and Limbaugh, now lets examine David Letterman and Bill Maher, both Liberals, and their comments about Sarah Palin In June of 2009, David Letterman was caught on air making reference to Sarah Palin as a "slutty flight attendant," going on to make a less than polite joke about her underage daughter Willow:

"One awkward moment for Sarah Palin at the Yankee game," Letterman said, "during the seventh inning, her daughter was knocked up by Alex Rodriguez."

After Letterman's comment, Sarah Palin immediately responded, accusing him of making inappropriate and sexually perverted statements that he would "have never said about anyone else's daughter, and that "acceptance of sexually inappropriate jokes about someone's underage daughter, who could be anyone's daughter, contributes to the atrociously [sic] high rate of sexual exploitation of minors by older men who use and abuse others," she went on to say. But wait! We then have Bill Maher who, after finding out that Palin had accepted a job as a contributor to Fox News, made this remark about her and her child, Trig, who has Down Syndrome:

“Sarah Palin agreed to do commentary at Fox News, which is actually very similar to her day job, talking to a baby with Down syndrome. Speaking of dumb s**ts, it’s not because they have breasts. It’s because they are boobs."

Once again Palin and the Republican party were outraged. As you know, Sarah Palin is widely known as Republican nominee John McCain's VP candidate, and a Republican herself. In this instance, only the women on the right wing side of the aisle were heard condemning the remarks. Now, here's the kicker, where were the feminists? Where, indeed, were the female Democrats? Not one was to be heard burning her brassiere over these sexually tinged comments, which leads me to my point.

What you saw here was members of feminism being selective of which women to defend, after she is slandered. But then again, a woman is a woman, right? Wrong. Somehow only a Liberal woman is worth defending, but a Conservative one, well, she's on her own. If you happen to be a Liberal woman reading right now, here is a question for you. How come you will defend a woman such as Sandra Fluke, but not ones such as Sarah Palin? They are both women. How can you not be angered when a woman, akin to yourself in all senses of the word, is sexually denigrated by other men? Might it be because she is a conservative? Or maybe it is because she is a pro life advocate? I fail to see the logic in this rationale that one woman is somehow different than another.

If Liberal women (men too, to an extent) are to be angry at Rush Limbaugh for inappropriately targeting Fluke, they should be equally angry when someone like Bill Maher or David Letterman make crude and sexist comments about Sarah Palin, her daughter, or her mentally afflicted son. To ignore it is to be a hypocrite, to defend it is foolish, and to do so is to take part in the act of selective feminism. Come on ladies, where did all the girl power go? Palin has the same set of ovaries and sexual organs you do, so why is she so vastly different? A woman should be quick to defend one of her own, whether be she a Liberal or Conservative, pro-life or pro-choice. If you are going to be sympathetic toward one woman, be so for all of them. If you are going to be outraged at a man who slanders another woman, again be outraged in unison with her and with all of womankind. These feelings should be indiscriminate. A woman is a woman, regardless of what she believes in or what viewpoints she holds to be true. To borrow a couple of verses, love your enemies as yourself. Do to others as you would have them do to you.

Finally, take heed readers, that some of this can be said for Conservative women too. Remember, every woman should be in this together!

When you quote someone, you need to put quotation marks around it and cite the source. Where did you get this passage?

Nah...... He wrote that. You can tell by the distinctly juvenile nature of the premise and the presentation. It is TK's work.

He took it from somewhere else. It was written in 2012.
posted @ 03/13/2012 - 00:21 by RightWingExtremist
Have you seen the news lately? Sure you have. If you haven't, you've missed a broiling debate on the issue of abortion and contraception, not to mention some deep and wounding misogynistic commentary issued by opponents and supporters of this right passed you by. But enough of that.
In the midst of this heated debate I have noticed something. I observed how some women treat other women differently than others. I have again noticed how this behavior is widely influenced by political or societal events. I also have taken notice of the hypocrisy that it entails. What I am referring to is known as selective feminism. No doubt you have heard the comments issued forth by the right wing political shock trooper Rush Limbaugh in reference to Georgetown law student Sandra Fluke, and the firestorm that ensued afterwards……”
AthensTalks.com | Talk Amongst Yourselves

Have you seen the news lately? Sure you have. If you haven't, you've missed a broiling debate on the issue of abortion and contraception, not to mention some deep and wounding misogynistic commentary issued by opponents and supporters of this right passed you by. But enough of that.
In the midst of this heated debate I have noticed something. I observed how some women treat other women differently than others. I have again noticed how this behavior is widely influenced by political or societal events. I also have taken notice of the hypocrisy that it entails. What I am referring to is known as selective feminism. No doubt you have heard the comments issued forth by the right wing political shock trooper Rush Limbaugh in reference to Georgetown law student Sandra Fluke, and the firestorm that ensued afterwards……”

Well fuck me! He lifted that shit? What a loser.

First time I have been wrong this year! Dammit!! How in the hell can there be two people who write drivel like that?

Great catch!

[MENTION=43268]TemplarKormac[/MENTION]

Where you at, bitch. You have some splainin' to do.

how do you knot it is not HIM? :eusa_whistle:

how do you knot it is not HIM? :eusa_whistle:

It is obvious. Please don't embarrass yourself again.

Did you miss the entire point of my statement. But you are so ready to just put ideology into everything so you can spew your hatred. It is something that escapes you.
Thank you for proving

And if you claim to be a patriot and you refuse to advocate for the decent treatment of all Americans then you are not patriotic.
It very simple. Isn't it.:eusa_whistle:
Now stumble along, if you try, to defend your hatred and how you despise other citizens of this country that need your support.

If a feminist claims to be for all women, but fails to stand up for one when she is denigrated by someone, if a feminist advocates or supports the rights and equality of women, why does she not support that for all women? Should that not translate into defending them regardless of that they believe as well? How can they say "we represent all women" but sit idly by while certain women are degraded and treated with utter contempt?

Who isnt advocating decent treatment? But you mean by decent treatment "more free shit." No, we dont advocate more free shit for lazy people who look to gov't to supply their every need.

Well I came in to see what the point would be about feminism, and I couldn't find one.

Your premise is apples and oranges. It tries to compare low-taste humor from two comedians about a politician, with libel from a political commentator about a private citizen. Two vastly different dynamics.

Come up with an apples-to-apples and you'll have a basis.

Last edited:

Well I came in to see what the point would be about feminism, and I couldn't find one.

Your premise is apples and oranges. It tries to compare low-taste humor from two comedians about a politician, with libel from a political commentator about a private citizen. Two vastly different dynamics.

Come up with an apples-to-apples and you'll have a basis.

This thread has now become an apology thread.

Will [MENTION=43268]TemplarKormac[/MENTION] come here and follow his fellow fat fuck's lead and issue an apology? Oh.....the drama!

I was just going to point that out...Either Templer is plagiarizing or spamming multiple boards, I'd say.

Well I came in to see what the point would be about feminism, and I couldn't find one

According to the Democratic party, feminism is obsessing about their sex organs and only voting on access to government provided birth control, free abortions and lowering the bar in their careers and education. According to Democratic women, they are right.

Well I came in to see what the point would be about feminism, and I couldn't find one

According to the Democratic party, feminism is obsessing about their sex organs and only voting on access to government provided birth control, free abortions and lowering the bar in their careers and education. According to Democratic women, they are right.

Uh ---- really... and where exactly does the Democratic Party say this?

The comments about Palin and her children were in the poorest taste. There was no call for that sort of language.

Palin dragged her children out on that stage with McCain in 2008. She set them up. She used them as props. If I had been Bristol Palin, pregnant and unwed, I would have told Sarah to GFH if she tried to drag me into the limelight for her own personal gain. But she was just a 17-year-old girl who was forced into marrying the Johnston kid for....yup, her mother's personal gain.

Please. Let's keep it real about who did what and why.

By saying that "women" hate Republicans because they deny them birth control by not having government force private companies to pay for it and they deny them abortions because government won't pay for it. The Democratic women then come out and say, yep, that's right. Then the Democratic women take the lead on attacking any non-Democratic woman to indicate it's approved.

Did you follow either the Sandra Fluke or Sarah Palin stories at all? I obviously not.

The comments about Palin and her children were in the poorest taste. There was no call for that sort of language.

Palin dragged her children out on that stage with McCain in 2008. She set them up. She used them as props. If I had been Bristol Palin, pregnant and unwed, I would have told Sarah to GFH if she tried to drag me into the limelight for her own personal gain. But she was just a 17-year-old girl who was forced into marrying the Johnston kid for....yup, her mother's personal gain.

Please. Let's keep it real about who did what and why.

So when Obama brings his kids on TV and events with him, he "set them up." Got it.

BTW, even if you weren't a moron and you were right about Palin, her kids are still kids.

I was just going to point that out...Either Templer is plagiarizing or spamming multiple boards, I'd say.

As Rick Perry once said, "Ooops". My oh my, so TK has taken to plagiarizing has he? Bwa-hahahahahahahaaaaaa....

By far the worst example of selective feminism is the failure of those who see themselves as the leaders of the movement to speak against the terrible abuses suffered by women in Islamic countries. PC and the sacred rights of 'minorities' trumps their supposed concern for their 'sisters'. Until they address issues like FGM and barbaric punishments like the stoning of women they will continue to forfeit all respect.

Forum List

Back