🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Self-deception.

Man of Ethics

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2021
I have Autism and Moderate Depression. I am easily angered but I rarely engage in online verbal aggression. When I do I am very vicious. I feel empty.

Fortunately I did not try to deceive myself into thinking that I can accomplish more then I really can. Fortunately I have not taken on responsibilities I can not handle. I do not even drive a car.

Many people who take on responsibilities they can not handle become overwhelmed. Many become addicted to drugs. Many people with mental disability do drive and suffer tragic accidents.

I have Autism and Moderate Depression. I am easily angered but I rarely engage in online verbal aggression. When I do I am very vicious. I feel empty.

Fortunately I did not try to deceive myself into thinking that I can accomplish more then I really can. Fortunately I have not taken on responsibilities I can not handle. I do not even drive a car.

Many people who take on responsibilities they can not handle become overwhelmed. Many become addicted to drugs. Many people with mental disability do drive and suffer tragic accidents.
How old are you?

Extremely disabled people drive cars. If you can post opinions on a computer you can drive a freaking car. Your problem is that you let others determine your ability.
Many people with mental disability who drive cars do suffer car crash accidents.

Extremely disabled people drive cars. If you can post opinions on a computer you can drive a freaking car. Your problem is that you let others determine your ability.
Don't mock him. I say this as a person who stepped in when my parents died to take care of my elder brother, who seems the same. I know from experience that these people are very hard to deal with, but they are extremely limited people who cannot cope with most simple everyday things. I had the meals-on-wheels coming to feed him until he was picked up by the local, well-funded mental-health services. I am the one who drove 300 hundred miles to fill his freezer with home-cooked casseroles that I cooked personally. He has never been able to master a microwave! I am the one who sends him boxes full of clothes, and makes sure that he has a warm winter coat, gloves, socks, boots. I am the one who responds to every health crisis and fed him ice chips in the ICU. I don't know where Relative Ethics lives, but he obviously is in need of compassion and help. Get over yourself.

Don't mock him. I say this as a person who stepped in when my parents died to take care of my elder brother, who seems the same. I know from experience that these people are very hard to deal with, but they are extremely limited people who cannot cope with most simple everyday things. I had the meals-on-wheels coming to feed him until he was picked up by the local, well-funded mental-health services. I am the one who drove 300 hundred miles to fill his freezer with home-cooked casseroles that I cooked personally. He has never been able to master a microwave! I am the one who sends him boxes full of clothes, and makes sure that he has a warm winter coat, gloves, socks, boots. I am the one who responds to every health crisis and fed him ice chips in the ICU. I don't know where Relative Ethics lives, but he obviously is in need of compassion and help. Get over yourself.
Thank you for sharing! You are a kind person helping your brother!

Thank G-d and my parents I am also provided for.

I can work to a degree, but finding a job requires Emotional Quotient (EQ) higher then I have. I have normal IQ and low EQ.

Thank you for sharing! You are a kind person helping your brother!

Thank G-d and my parents I am also provided for.
Please keep trying so that you are ready when your blessed parents leave our world. I know from other posts that you are a person of faith. Seek solace from your faith and seek counsel from your faith community, What I have done is connected to my spiritual beliefs, or I would have walked away. We are all connected. And please try. You are so worth it!

I can't drive either and it's for safety purposes that I don't try since I don't have the mental capability to and I can't make split second decisions and I get too stressed out when multiple things are happening at once.

Please keep trying so that you are ready when your blessed parents leave our world. I know from other posts that you are a person of faith. Seek solace from your faith and seek counsel from your faith community, What I have done is connected to my spiritual beliefs, or I would have walked away. We are all connected. And please try. You are so worth it!
Thank you. My life is OK. Fortunately I have neither goals nor responsibilities I can not accomplish. I just exist.

I can't drive either and it's for safety purposes that I don't try since I don't have the mental capability to and I can't make split second decisions and I get too stressed out when multiple things are happening at once.
Thank you for sharing.

My autistic mind would not be able to forget online arguments and conversations long enough to concentrate on the road. Many accidents are caused by people with mental disability driving.

My brother is similar, he has schitzophrenia, and was diagnosed in his teens, He never learned to drive and doesn’t want to, but he can use public transportation and as long as he is on his medications he can handle the basic tasks of living, but not living on his own.

My brother is similar, he has schitzophrenia, and was diagnosed in his teens, He never learned to drive and doesn’t want to, but he can use public transportation and as long as he is on his medications he can handle the basic tasks of living, but not living on his own.
Thank you for sharing. He is like me, except for the exact diagnosis

-- I do not drive
-- I could use public transportation before Covid
-- I can handle basic tasks of living, but not on my own

I am not glad for your situation, but I am glad to know that there is somebody else out there. My brother was diagnosed with "schizo-effective disorder." He, too, has been this way since his teens. We siblings have to step in when our parents get old and no longer can take care of themselves or our siblings. At one point, I was taking care of all three in separate locations. When my mother was well, in her fifties, still driving and practicing her favorite pass-time of shopping, I offered to take her to the local mental health center, approximately one mile from the house, come and bring security, and lawyers, and she refused the whole lot and basically would not allow me in the house.

When she became very ill, she had herself admitted to a nursing home and called me to take care of her, my father, who had dementia, I he and my brother, I went to an attorney who specialized in mental health law, and he told me that the N.J. law required him to be shown to be a "danger to self or others." He had to be arrested. before he could be forced into treatment. I told my mother in her hospital bed, and she asked me whether she could have him arrested. I told her too late, she wasn't even in the same building as he was. On what charge? A few days after she died, he got in my father's face, and bingo! I got the guns out of the house, hid them in the hedges, and drove my frail father down to the village police station. All this was due to my brother, teen member of the John Birch Society, who beat me up and destroyed my most precious possessions, a mobile handmade by my high-school boyfriend, and the posters and other stuff that I had hand-carried back from London, because they were "hippee." When I was a teenager, I heard a lot from him about "the Jews" and "Martin Luther Coon." Thank God that he never got his hands on my beautiful Gibson guitar. I told him a few years ago that I will happily put a bullet into the brain of the moron who introduced him to the right-wingers, and he said that this is why he will never tell me who it was. To this day I hate the right wing, who stole my life and my family.

Thank you. My life is OK. Fortunately I have neither goals nor responsibilities I can not accomplish. I just exist.

No. You have abilities and talents that you should stop hiding from the world. You have to recover both your faith in G-d and your faith in yourself. I think that you should read some books by Rabbi David Wolpe. He is one person whom I would like to talk with, and I was born Catholic.

No. You have abilities and talents that you should stop hiding from the world. You have to recover both your faith in G-d and your faith in yourself. I think that you should read some books by Rabbi David Wolpe. He is one person whom I would like to talk with, and I was born Catholic.
Thank you.

At 52, my life is thought of satisfactory. I would be interested in making minor changes, like finding a part-time online job. I am not interested in major changes.

I am not glad for your situation, but I am glad to know that there is somebody else out there. My brother was diagnosed with "schizo-effective disorder." He, too, has been this way since his teens. We siblings have to step in when our parents get old and no longer can take care of themselves or our siblings. At one point, I was taking care of all three in separate locations. When my mother was well, in her fifties, still driving and practicing her favorite pass-time of shopping, I offered to take her to the local mental health center, approximately one mile from the house, come and bring security, and lawyers, and she refused the whole lot and basically would not allow me in the house.

When she became very ill, she had herself admitted to a nursing home and called me to take care of her, my father, who had dementia, I he and my brother, I went to an attorney who specialized in mental health law, and he told me that the N.J. law required him to be shown to be a "danger to self or others." He had to be arrested. before he could be forced into treatment. I told my mother in her hospital bed, and she asked me whether she could have him arrested. I told her too late, she wasn't even in the same building as he was. On what charge? A few days after she died, he got in my father's face, and bingo! I got the guns out of the house, hid them in the hedges, and drove my frail father down to the village police station. All this was due to my brother, teen member of the John Birch Society, who beat me up and destroyed my most precious possessions, a mobile handmade by my high-school boyfriend, and the posters and other stuff that I had hand-carried back from London, because they were "hippee." When I was a teenager, I heard a lot from him about "the Jews" and "Martin Luther Coon." Thank God that he never got his hands on my beautiful Gibson guitar. I told him a few years ago that I will happily put a bullet into the brain of the moron who introduced him to the right-wingers, and he said that this is why he will never tell me who it was. To this day I hate the right wing, who stole my life and my family.
Wow. That is a hell of a lot! We ran into a similar problem with my brother who for a period of time was off his meds, very paranoid and hallucinating. We couldn’t get him commited unless he was a danger. My cousin, who is policeman, came with us along with his social worker to try and convince him. He got angry and chased the social worker down the street and that was enough to get him hospitalized, but at that point he went willingly.

Wow. That is a hell of a lot! We ran into a similar problem with my brother who for a period of time was off his meds, very paranoid and hallucinating. We couldn’t get him commited unless he was a danger. My cousin, who is policeman, came with us along with his social worker to try and convince him. He got angry and chased the social worker down the street and that was enough to get him hospitalized, but at that point he went willingly.
Thank you for sharing. I always like my medication. I take 75 mg Effexor -- I would rather take 300 mg.

I am not hyperactive -- I am sort of very passive.

I was hyperactive 25 years ago!

Last edited:

Forum List

Back