Selling guns -

The third one almost looks like a restocked Mauser. Any markings on the barrel? Check under the barrel also (remove it from the stock).

Tomorrow, I'll get a better look.

Thoughts on the scope?

I'd rather not have to take it off.
BTW, could you take more pictures of the one with the scope on it? The other side and any markings you find. Closeups of the receiver would be nice also.

Here ya go --
View attachment 511319View attachment 511321
View attachment 511322
View attachment 511324
View attachment 511325
As I thought, that is a sporterized mauser and here's where valuing it gets tricky. Depending on which country the mauser came from as well as a few other factors that rifle could sell for a few hundred dollars up to at minimum $5000 and anywhere in between. You need to have an expert look at that one.

The Mauser is not sporterised, it is a gunsmith built rifle using a probable FN manufactured receiver. These were available from Brownells for decades. The condition is poor though. I see a lot of rust pitting. Value because of the rust will be low.

The .380 ammo is tricky. The boxes alone, if in good shape, are worth 20 to 30 bucks. This one is probably worth 15 to 20. The ammunition inside it is tricky. If it was stored in a cool dry condition it will be fine to shoot and at this time worth about a buck a round.

If it was in a garage and went through multiple cycles of hot and cold then it is dangerous and only worth about 10 cents a round. That's what the brass and projectile are worth.

The powder and primers would need to be burned.

The Lyman Alaskan scopes are very desirable. Depending on condition and reticle they sell for between 150 and 550.

The Mauser is not sporterised, it is a gunsmith built rifle using a probable FN manufactured receiver. These were available from Brownells for decades. The condition is poor though. I see a lot of rust pitting. Value because of the rust will be low.

The .380 ammo is tricky. The boxes alone, if in good shape, are worth 20 to 30 bucks. This one is probably worth 15 to 20. The ammunition inside it is tricky. If it was stored in a cool dry condition it will be fine to shoot and at this time worth about a buck a round.

If it was in a garage and went through multiple cycles of hot and cold then it is dangerous and only worth about 10 cents a round. That's what the brass and projectile are worth.

The powder and primers would need to be burned.

The Lyman Alaskan scopes are very desirable. Depending on condition and reticle they sell for between 150 and 550.
Didn't know Brownells was doing that. Learn something new everyday. :thup:

I got $260 for the Ruger and the four buckets and he says he wants the other two as well. He'll probably buy them - he's bought a lot of guns from me in the past so he will probably will.

Wierd phone conversation with gun shop owner. He said to ask $250 for the Ruger. Then, total of 1700 in the four buckets x 15 cents each = $63.75. So sell both for $400. Huh? I've never been good at math but he's a lot worse. Keep your shoes on ... The actual total is $313.75 and I got $260.

Forum List

Back