🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Sen. Ben Sasse unloads on Congress at Kavanaugh hearing

Did he really say that the purpose of a confirmation hearing is to review grade school concepts? If knowing School House Rock is all it takes for someone to be qualified to sit on the Supreme Court, then there's no reason for the Senate to advise and consent in the first place.
Not surprised you missed the point with his simple analogy. Not in the least

I understand his point perfectly. He thinks that confirmation hearings should basically be a formality. He expects Donald to automatically receive a unanimous rubber stamp.
They used to be a formality, idiot.

How do you think Justices got 98 votes in the past?

It used to be that the president picked someone and all the senate would do is tell him if he picked a good enough judge to be a justice or not; the only time a candidate would be defeated by the senate is if they were truly stupid or crazy, and it wouldn’t be a stunt to hurt the sitting president if they did defeat the candidate.

It used to be that picking the next Justice for the president was simply a civic duty to fill an empty seat.

Did anyone else see the woman behind Kavanaugh mouthing the word "Sasse" after taking a text message and then flashing the White Nationalist sign?

She did it the day before too

Did he really say that the purpose of a confirmation hearing is to review grade school concepts? If knowing School House Rock is all it takes for someone to be qualified to sit on the Supreme Court, then there's no reason for the Senate to advise and consent in the first place.

I understand his point perfectly. He thinks that confirmation hearings should basically be a formality. He expects Donald to automatically receive a unanimous rubber stamp.
/——- / And Obozo didn’t?

Ben Sasse: I 'regularly consider' leaving the GOP
ebraska Sen. Ben Sasse said on Twitter Saturday he's thought about leaving the Republican Party.

The tweet, a response to another Twitter user who claimed to have switched their affiliation from the Democratic Party to "no party" to be "part of the solution," was short.

"yep — regularly consider it," the tweet from the Nebraska senator reads. "(except the 'from Dem' part)."

Ben Sasse‏Verified account @BenSasse

Ben Sasse Retweeted stephanie pickens

yep — regularly consider it (except the “from Dem” part)

Ben Sasse added,

stephanie pickens @guard_ad_litem
Replying to @BenSasse
I switched my party from Democrat Ro no-party this week as I see that to be part of the solution. Have you considered following suit?
5:46 AM - 8 Sep 2018

------------------------------------------------------------------
Next, we'll see the Little Trumpsters go from gushing all over Sasse, to calling him a libtard. Because, that's what they do. :2up:

And as Nike would say: "Just Do It" ... More rock less talk!

---

GOP senator says he 'regularly' considers leaving the Republican Party

GOP Sen. Ben Sasse says he "regularly" considers leaving the Republican Party - CBS News
Wish he would. He is no more a republican than Corker,Flake,Ryan...hell about 60% of the scum there are BS artists...we need MORE people like Trump and LESS people like Ryan,Flake,Corker,Sasse,Collins,Murkowski etc. I hope Governor LePage in Maine runs for Collins seat! That would be great.

Did anyone else see the woman behind Kavanaugh mouthing the word "Sasse" after taking a text message and then flashing the White Nationalist sign?

She did it the day before too
Do you even understand that there is no white nationalist sign?

Tell Me, have you ever had to troubleshoot a problem?

The very first step is to return to basics.

Far to many people in this country don't understand the role of each branch of government, yet they cast votes anyway.

It is way beyond time we return to the basics, and the first step would be to remind people of what are first principles of the Constitution and our form of government -- AT THE GRADE SCHOOL LEVEL.

---

GOP Sen. Ben Sasse says he "regularly" considers leaving the Republican Party - CBS News
Wish he would. He is no more a republican than Corker,Flake,Ryan...hell about 60% of the scum there are BS artists...we need MORE people like Trump and LESS people like Ryan,Flake,Corker,Sasse,Collins,Murkowski etc. I hope Governor LePage in Maine runs for Collins seat! That would be great.

So not only did you move from here to Georgia --- you also live in AridZona, Tennessee, Nebraska, Maine and Alaska at the same time?

You must go through a lot of tires.

Btw it's FEWER people, not "less". :banghead:

---

No.

We need more people who understand the proper role of government and the proper responsibilities of each part of the government.

Actually, that's what you do when you're guessing. It's what technical support goes when you're having a problem with your Android. The person doing the "troubleshooting" has no idea what the problem is, and they pretty much always end up telling you to just do a factory reset, because they're reading a script from India or Pakistan.

So that's your idea of confirmation hearings? Says a lot.

Actually, that's what you do when you're guessing. It's what technical support goes when you're having a problem with your Android. The person doing the "troubleshooting" has no idea what the problem is, and they pretty much always end up telling you to just do a factory reset, because they're reading a script from India or Pakistan.

So that's your idea of confirmation hearings? Says a lot.
No, he gave you the basis for a confirmation hearing. It is one in which the political views of the person in question are not relevant because a return to basics is that the person being confirmed needs only answer one question.

Can you put your personal policial leanings aside and act in a dispassionate manner.

Besides which, your understanding of troubleshooting leaves much to be desired. I don't often equate a professional approach to solving problems to that of an outsourced person not trained in anything other than reading a script.

They used to be a formality, idiot.

How do you think Justices got 98 votes in the past?

It used to be that the president picked someone and all the senate would do is tell him if he picked a good enough judge to be a justice or not; the only time a candidate would be defeated by the senate is if they were truly stupid or crazy, and it wouldn’t be a stunt to hurt the sitting president if they did defeat the candidate.

It used to be that picking the next Justice for the president was simply a civic duty to fill an empty seat.
/----/ The democRATs have to cater to their extreme wacko base or the campaign $$$ is shut off.
41319032_759933354398607_5773508099725852672_n.jpg

---

No.

We need more people who understand the proper role of government and the proper responsibilities of each part of the government.
AKA Trump people.

---

No.

AKA Trump people.
That hasn't been My experience. It strikes Me that the GOP - aka non-conservatives -- all want to use the government in the same way that the Democrats - aka traitors -- want to use the government. Each to force others to adhere to their concept of what is best for the people.

Neither believes in allowing the people to decide which is best for them by limiting government to the actual Constitution.,

Forum List

Back