🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Sen. Ben Sasse unloads on Congress at Kavanaugh hearing

And as Nike would say: "Just Do It" ... More rock less talk!

---

GOP senator says he 'regularly' considers leaving the Republican Party

GOP Sen. Ben Sasse says he "regularly" considers leaving the Republican Party - CBS News
Wish he would. He is no more a republican than Corker,Flake,Ryan...hell about 60% of the scum there are BS artists...we need MORE people like Trump and LESS people like Ryan,Flake,Corker,Sasse,Collins,Murkowski etc. I hope Governor LePage in Maine runs for Collins seat! That would be great.
No.

We need more people who understand the proper role of government and the proper responsibilities of each part of the government.
AKA Trump people.
That hasn't been My experience. It strikes Me that the GOP - aka non-conservatives -- all want to use the government in the same way that the Democrats - aka traitors -- want to use the government. Each to force others to adhere to their concept of what is best for the people.

Neither believes in allowing the people to decide which is best for them by limiting government to the actual Constitution.,
I am fine with the way Trump like politicians run things....I prefer some government dictation in things...I think things have been this way for so long I don't think we could go back completely to what the founders intended. Hell I don't even know what that would really look like now.

---

GOP Sen. Ben Sasse says he "regularly" considers leaving the Republican Party - CBS News
Wish he would. He is no more a republican than Corker,Flake,Ryan...hell about 60% of the scum there are BS artists...we need MORE people like Trump and LESS people like Ryan,Flake,Corker,Sasse,Collins,Murkowski etc. I hope Governor LePage in Maine runs for Collins seat! That would be great.
No.

We need more people who understand the proper role of government and the proper responsibilities of each part of the government.
AKA Trump people.
That hasn't been My experience. It strikes Me that the GOP - aka non-conservatives -- all want to use the government in the same way that the Democrats - aka traitors -- want to use the government. Each to force others to adhere to their concept of what is best for the people.

Neither believes in allowing the people to decide which is best for them by limiting government to the actual Constitution.,
I am fine with the way Trump like politicians run things....I prefer some government dictation in things...I think things have been this way for so long I don't think we could go back completely to what the founders intended. Hell I don't even know what that would really look like now.
I'd be interested in finding out.

about 10-11 minutes but man alive do i love what he is saying.

Can’t say I agree with all of that but I do agree with enough. Sasse 2020.

That really is civics 101. How you cannot agree is strange to Me.

If the hearings are to determine only if he has the “temperament and character” to put his personal views into a box marked “irrelevant”, the bar for who is qualified to sit on the Supreme Court includes the municipal court judge in most small towns. I happen to think it’s much more important than that.

I think what he—the nominee— thought and wrote 11 years ago is fair game. It reveals how he—the nominee— feels about certain topics, what precedent he is going to cite when deciding a case, etc… That Cavanaugh (sp?) history is being embargoed is troublesome. Shouldn’t all of the record be examined? If you were interviewing someone for a job and they refused to tell you what they did for a large number of their adult years; would you say, “Oh well, you have the temperament and character to be my child’s nanny?” Really?

As for the Schoolhouse Rock, that’s fine and dandy. Good stuff there. I would love to see a return to that where party patronage didn’t rule the day. Sasse was right about the theatrics.

I disagree also that the only law worth considering is written law. There is natural laws. There is or at least should be a right to privacy. The danger when trying to run your 2018 nation on a 1789 business model is that there is no way that the authors of the model could have predicted the future well enough to have a document that addresses all of the needs of a population that has grown both in numbers and complexity as well.

If the hearings are to determine only if he has the “temperament and character” to put his personal views into a box marked “irrelevant”, the bar for who is qualified to sit on the Supreme Court includes the municipal court judge in most small towns. I happen to think it’s much more important than that.

I think what he—the nominee— thought and wrote 11 years ago is fair game. It reveals how he—the nominee— feels about certain topics, what precedent he is going to cite when deciding a case, etc… That Cavanaugh (sp?) history is being embargoed is troublesome. Shouldn’t all of the record be examined? If you were interviewing someone for a job and they refused to tell you what they did for a large number of their adult years; would you say, “Oh well, you have the temperament and character to be my child’s nanny?” Really?

As for the Schoolhouse Rock, that’s fine and dandy. Good stuff there. I would love to see a return to that where party patronage didn’t rule the day. Sasse was right about the theatrics.

I disagree also that the only law worth considering is written law. There is natural laws. There is or at least should be a right to privacy. The danger when trying to run your 2018 nation on a 1789 business model is that there is no way that the authors of the model could have predicted the future well enough to have a document that addresses all of the needs of a population that has grown both in numbers and complexity as well.

Well, the natural laws are embodied in our Constitution and Bill of Rights. They are protected best when the government is confined to the limits of the Constitution.

What the Nominee wrote 11 years as a Judge is what is relevant. ONLY his opinions while sitting on the bench is what is relevant. As Cruz noted, the job he held with the Bush administration was to handle and move paper around. Not paper he wrote.

I agree with you in that I think party patronage needs to be done away with.

The first step is to close the doors and stop allowing disruptions.
Why? The hearings are a farce, anyway. They should bring in clowns to make balloon animals and a dunk tank.
They did. They're sitting in the gallery.
What did you expect? there is only one reason you have ever heard of Kavanaugh: abortion.
I expect mature, reasoning adults, to have more than one single issue they support. In addition, I expect everyone to want a SCOTUS Associate Justice to not have a political opinion.

We already have far too many who do. I'll even name names. Ginsberg, Sotomayer, Kagan.

Well, the natural laws are embodied in our Constitution and Bill of Rights. They are protected best when the government is confined to the limits of the Constitution.

Actually, they are not. Nothing in the constitution prevents me from publishing your Social Security number; your right to privacy isn’t codified but I think it is never the less recognized by every jurisdiction.

What the Nominee wrote 11 years as a Judge is what is relevant. ONLY his opinions while sitting on the bench is what is relevant. As Cruz noted, the job he held with the Bush administration was to handle and move paper around. Not paper he wrote.

So a staff attorney was hired to handle paper and move paper around? Funny; that is what my administrative assistant does for me. Perhaps we should nominate her? LOL.

Most attorneys in that capacity do more than move paper around. They weigh in on legal matters and contribute their expertise, their opinions, and propose strategies.

Actually, they are not. Nothing in the constitution prevents me from publishing your Social Security number; your right to privacy isn’t codified but I think it is never the less recognized by every jurisdiction.

So a staff attorney was hired to handle paper and move paper around? Funny; that is what my administrative assistant does for me. Perhaps we should nominate her? LOL.

Most attorneys in that capacity do more than move paper around. They weigh in on legal matters and contribute their expertise, their opinions, and propose strategies.

Well two things.

That is and what is the responsibility of the office he held. True today as it was then. I don't know, was your admin assistant a sitting judge for 12 years? Cause if she is, then I'd say nominate her.

Nothing in the Constitution prevents you unless, of course, you are government. Then, of course, there is. The right to privacy. A natural right.

---

No.

AKA Trump people.

Funny you should bring up the actual Constitution, since that actual Constitution actually says quite clearly that Senators from AridZona, Tennessee, Nebraska, Maine and Alaska are there to represent the populations of AridZona, Tennessee, Nebraska, Maine and Alaska ----- not to represent a fucking political party.

---- which is why the term "RINO" that these klowns like to throw around is bogus. The OP lives in Actual Georgia. Who the people of AridZona, Tennessee, Nebraska, Maine or Alaska elect to represent them in the Senate is none of his fucking business.

If he is not a true conservative, I would like him to leave the party.

If you like big government, you shouldn’t be a Republican.

Government at all levels has gotten waaaaay too big.

Build my roads, don’t worry about the height of my hedges.

He didn't say that but if it's good enough for Media Matters it's good enough for the crazy left I guess.

parties should be abolished anyway...both parties are corrupt. maybe Sasse should form his own party, the New Bull Moose party. Sasse religiously believes in the value of work. he would find no place with the Demcorat party

Forum List

Back