Sen. Cotton Introduces Bill to Cut Funding to Schools Teaching ‘1619 Project’

Well you might as well tell us what you think the truth actually is.
Your going to get so into the Prog agendas that within a couple of decades you will be living like many do in the dark continent today. The rise and fall of nations is human history. When they fall due to stupidity though, it brings some extra howls of laughter.

Why is 1619 leftist propaganda?

Because the USA was founded in 1776...not 1619.
So? That doesn’t explain how the program is leftist propaganda

They teach the USA was founded in 1619 off the backs if the poe poe black man so evil whitey needs to shower the brave and nobel black man with free money! And while they're at it evil whitey should get on their knees and apologize for their whiteness.

Is that leftist propaganda or not?

How about no college funding unless the professors are non-political and about half libs and half cons?
Any manipulation via grades or other pressure to a particular political viewpoint needs to be crushed.
If the professors are non political then how do you also do half libs and half cons?
By voter registration, or interview. The way it is now profs are 95% Leftist democrats. We need a better balance.
I want professors to leave their personal political beliefs at home. Teach the kids to evaluate both sides fairly. Half the dollars the universities get are from conservatives, and they are not being represented fairly.
What classes are you talking about exactly?. I dont remember More than one or two classes in all of high school and college that involved politics.

You’re acting like all college classes are indoctrinating students. I don’t see it

They teach the USA was founded in 1619 off the backs if the poe poe black man so evil whitey needs to shower the brave and nobel black man with free money! And while they're at it evil whitey should get on their knees and apologize for their whiteness.

No they don’t. They explore a perspective of American history from the arrival of the first slave ship in 1619 and go from there following the plight of black slaves. The rest of your childish rant has nothing to do with the writing.

They aren’t trying to say the constitution was signed in 1619 so what exactly is your objection?

How about no college funding unless the professors are non-political and about half libs and half cons?
Any manipulation via grades or other pressure to a particular political viewpoint needs to be crushed.
If the professors are non political then how do you also do half libs and half cons?
By voter registration, or interview. The way it is now profs are 95% Leftist democrats. We need a better balance.
I want professors to leave their personal political beliefs at home. Teach the kids to evaluate both sides fairly. Half the dollars the universities get are from conservatives, and they are not being represented fairly.
Sounds like more people on the Right need to get the education and the desire to become college professors.
They won't get hired by Liberal Universities.

This is a good place to start your education on the matter. The 1619 Project’s Outrageous, Lying Slander of Abe Lincoln

It's easy enough to Google up all the citations that consider the 1619 Project to be politicized bunk and
filled with errors and lies. But I guess it's always easier for the people that just can't get enough biased
slanted anti American screeds to pretend there is nothing wrong with the hit piece by the NY Times
and far leftist polemicist/liar Nikole Hannah Jones.

This is a good place to start your education on the matter. The 1619 Project’s Outrageous, Lying Slander of Abe Lincoln

It's easy enough to Google up all the citations that consider the 1619 Project to be politicized bunk and
filled with errors and lies. But I guess it's always easier for the people that just can't get enough biased
slanted anti American screeds to pretend there is nothing wrong with the hit piece by the NY Times
There was no slander of Lincoln. The Heritage Foundation is a right wing joke. That's where your link is from.

I’m asking for the OPs opinion. I’ll ask for yours as well. I’m not interested in reading a random google article for somebody else’s opinion. I’m here to discuss so let’s discuss. What are YOUR thoughts? WHY specifically is 1619 leftist propaganda?

Good! I have to do enough teaching my kids real history after they come home with their heads filled with leftist propaganda.

I haven't read the curriculum for the 1619 project yet, although I understand that it is online. You apparently have. Is there anything in it that is not "real history"? If so, what?

I tried to google some information about who this Al Fuller, who apparently writes this "other side of history," is, and it is very scant. He appears from the contents of his website to be a radical right-winger who attempts to intellectualize the entire right-wing political agenda. Quite the propagandist.

That so-called "news"paper is right this time.

The chaos that we are currently enduring can all be traced back to 1619 when people from a faraway continent were forced to come here as unpaid workers.

I often imagine what a happy nation this would be today if 1619 had never happened.

No they don’t. They explore a perspective of American history from the arrival of the first slave ship in 1619 and go from there following the plight of black slaves. The rest of your childish rant has nothing to do with the writing.

They aren’t trying to say the constitution was signed in 1619 so what exactly is your objection?
No mention of slaveless pioneers or anything? Well that's not an accurate depiction of history then.

I’m asking for the OPs opinion. I’ll ask for yours as well. I’m not interested in reading a random google article for somebody else’s opinion. I’m here to discuss so let’s discuss. What are YOUR thoughts? WHY specifically is 1619 leftist propaganda?
It's the work of a wing nut activist. There is nothing to make me believe her work is unbiased or fair minded.
In fact just the example of how she has lied about Lincoln makes me certain she has an agenda and her
polemics prove it.

There was no slander of Lincoln. The Heritage Foundation is a right wing joke. That's where your link is from.
Yes. I'm aware of where the link is from. Unless you can factually dispute the link, which you obviously cannot,
there is zero reason to pay attention to what a crank like you says.

Well you might as well tell us what you think the truth actually is.

It's sure not the 1619 project.

So what if someone wanted to teach the Nazi view history. Would you suddenly think maybe teachers shouldn't be allowed to teach whatever they want?

They won't get hired by Liberal Universities.

Are there no conservative universities? ...

Very few compared to leftist universities. To the point you'd suddenly get if we changed sides, we're talking about taxpayer money. Start your own university and fund it yourself and teach whatever you want.

If you want taxpayer money, it should be non-partisan, not the leftist indoctrination camps we have now

Forum List

Back